#1 Posted by poisonfleur (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm's 90s solo just re-released on Barnes and Noble (with a redone cover!) Let's send the right message to Marvel and support this title, Storm fans. (I bought my copy and am soon going to buy another for a friend.)
OH--- And Warren Ellis is the writer!! AND Dodson does the art!!
http://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/x-men-warren-ellis/1115115331?ean=9780785185017
Storm Fans Unite! Marvel only cares about the $$$!
Shell out or don't complain if we get another Storm dry-spell like we did when she married Black Panther.

#2 Posted by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm's 90s solo just re-released on Barnes and Noble (with a redone cover!) Let's send the right message to Marvel and support this title, Storm fans. (I bought my copy and am soon going to buy another for a friend.)

Shell out or don't complain if we get another Storm dry-spell like we did when she married Black Panther.

The bookstorre where I could make a special order to buy graphic novels such as this one is already close. : (

I guess I'll just have to wait for it to show up on another bookstore who doesn't do special orders. : (

#3 Edited by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio

Is there a hard cover? cos i prefer the hard cover.

#4 Edited by dagmar_merrill (8647 posts) - - Show Bio

Warren Ellis? I like him. The story is good right?

#5 Edited by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio

Haven't read about it yet.

#6 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

I'll likely get it, in fact I'm sure I will.

#7 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like a very similar thread was made for this very same topic earlier this year.....

I don't have the funds for it now, so I'm putting it on my "Christmas List" for when I get seasonal money from family. Is it just the one book released?

#8 Edited by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio

I feel like a very similar thread was made for this very same topic earlier this year.....

I don't have the funds for it now, so I'm putting it on my "Christmas List" for when I get seasonal money from family. Is it just the one book released?

4 issues in one book

#9 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

@arturocalakayvee said:

4 issues in one book

Did her solo series only have 4 issues? That would suck if true...

#10 Posted by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@arturocalakayvee said:

4 issues in one book

Did her solo series only have 4 issues? That would suck if true...

she didn't have an ongoing solo actually. She just had a lot of mini series and this one is the first Storm mini series

#11 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Ah alright. Thanks for clearing that up and for spreading the word about this. Anything X-Men related is a must buy for me (most of the time).

#12 Posted by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Ah alright. Thanks for clearing that up and for spreading the word about this. Anything X-Men related is a must buy for more (most of the time).

r u telling me you have collected a lot of comics?

#13 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (11621 posts) - - Show Bio
#14 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

link doesn't work anymore

#15 Edited by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey Storm LoverS vote for storm in the link below.

Thanks

VOTE FOR STORM

#17 Posted by Night Thrasher (3689 posts) - - Show Bio

@dagmar_merrill said:

It's an okay story...mostly about Mikhail Rasputin and the Morlocks.

#18 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

Yea honestly I don't want to read about her and the Morlocks. I want fresh and new ideas..

#19 Posted by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio

@night_thrasher said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

Yea honestly I don't want to read about her and the Morlocks. I want fresh and new ideas..

I don't know much about Mikhail

#20 Posted by Night Thrasher (3689 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

@night_thrasher said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

I don't either...it's worth reading but I don't know if I'd buy it in a trade. I think this is the mini that Marrow goes from being a child to a young woman. Something about rapid aging in another dimension IIRC haven't read it in a while.

#21 Edited by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@butterflykyss said:

@night_thrasher said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@dagmar_merrill said:

I don't either...it's worth reading but I don't know if I'd buy it in a trade. I think this is the mini that Marrow goes from being a child to a young woman. Something about rapid aging in another dimension IIRC haven't read it in a while.

I'll also get this one, definitely

#22 Posted by poisonfleur (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

So how many of ya'll actually supported Storm's book?? Anyone nobody??

Potential Spoilers--

Main Cast: Storm, Mikhail, Cable and Callisto
Cameos: Marrow, Jean, Cyclops, Beast, Wolverine, Morlocks and Xavier

Pros:
Storm dukes it out with Mikhail and Callisto.
Uses some of the coolest displays of power: Hot rainbow winds and red lightning.
Storm updates her look in the book.
Somewhat of a closing arc for Storm and the Morlocks.
Storm is leader of the X-men
Storm's bio in back is up to date. It states she is a member of X-men, Fantastic Four, and FORMERLY Avengers. <--LOL
Terry Dodson on Art with a touch of X-men TAS element.
The covers are redone beautifully to give it a Marvel Now feel.
Storm has a couple badass moments and owns over half the cast.

Cons:
It's from 1996, the X-stories in the 90s are a bit over the top at times.
Mikhail is a bit lame. (Aside from the fact that she treats Magik and Collosus as siblings and he is their evil sibling.)
Only 4 issues. :/
The plot has a couple wtf plot twists.

Overall:
If you are a Storm fan, It's worth getting. It's her first solo- and I know you all have Worlds Apart, Ororo: before the Storm, Storm (The story of Ororo and Tchalla). Also if this does well on sales Marvel is going to notice that and incorporate Storm into better roles in future material. I admit the story isn't her best, but it does have a few memorable moments within it's 4 short issues. Especially the ending.

SUPPORT STORM-- or don't complain next time Marvel treats her like crap again. (Don't get me started.)

#23 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10487 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: Lol I hear ya. I have all 4 of these issues. I have been a big Ellis fan ever since. Can you PM me Storm' s up to date bio pages?

#24 Posted by poisonfleur (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur: Lol I hear ya. I have all 4 of these issues. I have been a big Ellis fan ever since. Can you PM me Storm' s up to date bio pages?

Umm its like 5 pages. XD

#25 Edited by Farkam (4890 posts) - - Show Bio

No thanks.

#26 Posted by MadeinBangladesh (6910 posts) - - Show Bio

@farkam said:

No thanks.

yea I'm gonna pass also.

#27 Edited by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio

Waiting for it to be available here in our city.

#28 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1530 posts) - - Show Bio
#29 Posted by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio
#30 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio
#31 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6299 posts) - - Show Bio
#32 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10487 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad Storm fans still make Marvel aware that that there is a strong interest in her getting a solo, but even if the answer is not what we want to hear he at least responded. Thanks for asking him.

#33 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6299 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderbolt30: Oh, I didn't actually ask him. I just follow him on Twitter, so I see his answers to other peoples questions. Thought it was appropriate to post it here though.

#34 Edited by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio
#35 Edited by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose: Thanks for the heads up. I'm glad Storm fans still make Marvel aware that that there is a strong interest in her getting a solo, but even if the answer is not what we want to hear he at least responded. Thanks for asking him.

Very disappointing...

#36 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10487 posts) - - Show Bio

@thunderbolt30 said:

Very disappointing...

Eh....I guess it's to be expected for now. Brevoort and Lowe have been stating the same thing for the past year, so I guess I have gotten used to the response. If they were going to do it they would likely keep it under wraps anyway. I think, on a positive note, that at least this continues to drive home that Storm fans a REALLY REALLY want to see a Storm solo ongoing. Hell, we have a fan actually making a mini-movie of Storm so they sure as hell know we are dedicated and persistent.

#37 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

Very disappointing...

Eh....I guess it's to be expected for now. Brevoort and Lowe have been stating the same thing for the past year, so I guess I have gotten used to the response. If they were going to do it they would likely keep it under wraps anyway. I think, on a positive note, that at least this continues to drive home that Storm fans a REALLY REALLY want to see a Storm solo ongoing. Hell, we have a fan actually making a mini-movie of Storm so they sure as hell know we are dedicated and persistent.

This is what I love about you Thunder ever the optimist. You bring up good points but hopefully they not only see the dedication and persistence but they actually acknowledge the fans by making her solo ongoing a reality.

#38 Posted by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio

I already did.

#39 Posted by poisonfleur (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess what guys-- Chris Claremont is back!! And guess who's X-solo he is writing! ..... http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50308

......Nightcrawlers.... Wow... What a slap in the face to Storm fans...... *rolls eyes like 3 times into the back of my head and smacks lips at Marvel*

#40 Posted by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio

Guess what guys-- Chris Claremont is back!! And guess who's X-solo he is writing! .....

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=50308

......Nightcrawlers.... Wow... What a slap in the face to Storm fans...... *rolls eyes like 3 times into the back of my head and smacks lips at Marvel*

It's not really a slap in the face to Storm fans! I think it would mean that Storm will get her own ongoing and hopefully this year. : )

#41 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=poll&id=219

Vote for Storm Raindrops unite! !!

#42 Posted by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Storm will.

#43 Posted by poisonfleur (3043 posts) - - Show Bio

Money talks

#44 Posted by jhazzroucher (15806 posts) - - Show Bio

Money talks

So waiting for an ongoing Storm solo.