Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By Twentyfive

Orsum!

Marvel needs to pick it up with women, still. And they are working on that too. Keep it up Marvel!

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#3  Edited By Decoy Elite

1. This thread really seems pretty pointless and I hope it gets locked.

2. No.

AgeofHurricane

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#4  Edited By AgeofHurricane

Bloody hell m8. Fan art is absolutely breathtaking.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By JonSmith

Y'know, it's kind of sad I knew who made this thread before actually looking to find out for sure.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#6  Edited By JakeN7

@jhazzroucher: Wow! Are you like a fan of Storm or something!? :/

@JonSmith said:

Y'know, it's kind of sad I knew who made this thread before actually looking to find out for sure.

Glad I wasn't the only one. Storm fans are extreeeemely dedicated, but at least most of them have the ability to talk about things other then Storm. It's not the case with this one...

shackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By shackle

@Twentyfive said:

Orsum!

Marvel needs to pick it up with women, still. And they are working on that too. Keep it up Marvel!

From the article:

Marvel has an incredible cast of female heroes, and it's a shame that none of them are as synonymous with the company as Wonder Woman is with DC. Storm is ready to go, Marvel. Give her attention.

Actually, if you go to the top of this page, click "browse," click "characters," then sort by "female," you'll see Marvel has gone a lot farther promoting female characters, at least by using "appearances" as a matrix, than DC has. Storm has appeared in more books than WW, despite being created some 20 years later; combining the top twenty female characters, according to appearances, between DC and Marvel, 15 are Marvel characters, 5 are DC; Marvel had 27 female characters with at least 1000 appearances in various books, DC has 10. So it's not that Storm is not getting exposure, it's that Marvel has a much more diversified stable of female characters, and that exposure is diluted through greater numbers. This isn't about quality of characters, or which character is "better" than the other; it's about the promotion and availability of female characters, and you have to say Marvel is far, far ahead in that respect.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Blood1991

*Sigh*

Debatable. When it comes to Marvel's leading lady coming up with a definite answer is difficult. I'd say that Storm was their leading lady in the 90's, but in the 80's it was undoubtedly She Hulk with her Sensational run. The 70's I would say Spider Woman or Dazzler. 60's was Sue. It really depends on who they are pushing at the time. Marvel seems to be pushing Carol for the roles these days, but you could argue Storm has been more overall successful. Like I said it really comes down to a matter of opinion.

shackle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By shackle

@Blood1991 said:

*Sigh*

Debatable. When it comes to Marvel's leading lady coming up with a definite answer is difficult. I'd say that Storm was their leading lady in the 90's, but in the 80's it was undoubtedly She Hulk with her Sensational run. The 70's I would say Spider Woman or Dazzler. 60's was Sue. It really depends on who they are pushing at the time. Marvel seems to be pushing Carol for the roles these days, but you could argue Storm has been more overall successful. Like I said it really comes down to a matter of opinion.

Depending on what they do with the movie franchise, I wouldn't be surprised to see Black Widow shoot to the top.

Personally? I don't care for Storm; she'll never rank that high in my PERSONAL preferences of female characters. That doesn't mean she isn't worthy of being other people's favorite. Frankly, the Fearless Defenders is looking more and more like the first female-centric book I'd consider buying; it's got a combination of characters and premise that appeals to me.

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#10  Edited By Walzo

Ms. Marvel should be Marvels Wonder Woman. Makes a lot more sense.

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#11  Edited By the_stegman  Moderator

oh boy....

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Blood1991

@Walzo said:

Hhhhmmmm

CAPTAIN Marvel.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Blood1991

@shackle said:

@Blood1991 said:

*Sigh*

Depending on what they do with the movie franchise, I wouldn't be surprised to see Black Widow shoot to the top.

Personally? I don't care for Storm; she'll never rank that high in my PERSONAL preferences of female characters. That doesn't mean she isn't worthy of being other people's favorite. Frankly, the Fearless Defenders is looking more and more like the first female-centric book I'd consider buying; it's got a combination of characters and premise that appeals to me.

Storm is my favorite heroine period and I would personally put her on top being given more attention overall throughout Marvel's history, but that's me. MY opinion so I don't push the idea on others, because I have a bias based on my perception of the character and the Marvel Universe. I agree that Black Widow could be on her way to the top, but honestly I'm not sure how Marvel is going to play that. I'd like to see Marvel give her a movie. Not like she doesn't have an interesting origin and she has the perfect momentum for it. As for Fearless Defenders I'm more excited for X-Men, but the first issue was pretty awesome and I love Misty Knight so I'm game.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By butterflykyss

Wow Jhazz THANK YOU THANK YOU sooooooo much for this link. This article has put on the internet for the world to seee how I feel in regards to Storm's relevance and popularity and also what Marvel should begin to consider in regards to Storm. I think the author's approach was reasonable and a fair assessment, but of course its great that Storm came out on top. She is one of Marvel's most recognizable character and it would do Marvel well to take heed to what the author suggested.

BTW great pic of Storm.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Storm Calling

@jhazzroucher said:

Source: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43965

link: http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=43965

Very good and detailed article. I am glad someone was finally and willing to add up the numbers and percentages roughly. As I was saying in the Storm A-list thread, comics are only a small percentage of overall exposure/rating/relevence. Storm has clearly outranked all of the women in this article in terms of overall pop-culture exposure. I question whether they considered other appearces from Storm in guest star appearances like in the Spiderman TAS, Spiderman & his Amazing friends, Black Panther, and the Superhero Squad Show.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#16  Edited By poisonfleur

Really Jhazz.... I just posted this exact same article in 'Is Storm an A-lister character'

I swear these Storm forums are getting annoying even for me...

Walzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Walzo

@Blood1991 said:

@Walzo said:

Hhhhmmmm

CAPTAIN Marvel.

My bad >_>

Twentyfive

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Twentyfive

Storm seems to be a hugely polarizing character on this site. Either you like her, or you don't. Lol. As for who Marvel's Wonder Woman is,I would have to agree with some of the posters here and say Carol Danvers deserves that title.

Who is the best heroine at Marvel is a whole 'nother story. I would give that to Storm.

I would give Sue and Jean 2 and 3 respectively. Or maybe some other lady would take 3... But not Carol yet.

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Storm Calling

@poisonfleur said:

Really Jhazz.... I just posted this exact same article in 'Is Storm an A-lister character'

That sucks. I would have replied to your post before this thread if I'd known...

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By butterflykyss

@Storm Calling said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Very good and detailed article. I am glad someone was finally and willing to add up the numbers and percentages roughly. As I was saying in the Storm A-list thread, comics are only a small percentage of overall exposure/rating/relevence. Storm has clearly outranked all of the women in this article in terms of overall pop-culture exposure. I question whether they considered other appearces from Storm in guest star appearances like in the Spiderman TAS, Spiderman & his Amazing friends, Black Panther, and the Superhero Squad Show.

Yes I am very much so happy someone took the time to do this.. so much of this is left up for conjecture and peoples' opinion but seeing the numbers crunched out puts much of the debate over the matter to a close. I believe they did account for guest star appearances in terms of the cartoon. They used Black Widows appearance in Superhero Squad Show towards her count at least, it would make sense they do the same for storm. And the author specified in other instances where an appearance wouldn't count like in terms of the on-going. .

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Blood1991

@Walzo said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Walzo said:

Hhhhmmmm

CAPTAIN Marvel.

My bad >_>

No biggie just messing with you.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By poisonfleur

@Storm Calling said:

@poisonfleur said:

That sucks. I would have replied to your post before this thread if I'd known...

No worries.

I don't mean to sound whiny but this is getting stupid coming on the Storm forums and it's the same diarrhea postings.

Why bother making a post in an established forum, if Jhazz is going to make a full blown topic about it.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@poisonfleur said:

That doesn't give you the right to leave...................It's my birthday you *****!!!

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By poisonfleur

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

That doesn't give you the right to leave...................It's my birthday you *****!!!

Happy Bday White Mage. Hope itsa good one for you and that this year treats you right! :3

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

Happy Bday White Mage. Hope itsa good one for you and that this year treats you right! :3

Thank you

And it BETTER..............I'll kick this year's a$$ if it don't

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@poisonfleur: I get abusive with my years. It's the only way to keep em in line

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#27  Edited By SC  Moderator

Nah Storm is Marvels Storm.

I mean is Wonder Woman DC's Minnie Mouse? I mean why does Marvel even need to have its own Wonder Woman? Both Wonder Woman and Superman struggle to have the same relevancy in comics they had decades ago, and are iconic and easily digested by the greater public because they actually became iconic outside of comic and make bill with merchandizing. You know its saying something when DC's own Wonder Woman can't even be compared to Wonder Woman anymore really. Marvels female characters are a lot closer to each other in terms of recognition and importance to the company that created and owns them. Thats okay. This isn't a bad thing that any one of them rise above and stick out the same way Wonder Woman traditionally has, DC is constantly trying to raise the prominence and status/stature of many of its other characters (some female) to and above Wonder Woman if they can/could. Arguably to some degrees they have already succeeded. Why can't Storm to Marvels Catwoman? Hell why can't Storm be Marvels Superman? What that thing between her legs means we can only compare her to other female characters? Whose DC's biggest black character maybe we should compare Storm to that character? Weather powered characters? Characters with white hair? I mean sure its fun on occasion to compare characters similarities, but winds of Gaea cast down the torrents of mental relief this habit of comparing fictional characters to each other instead of just appreciating them for what they are is hail, flakes and crackle.

So I'll have my Wonder Woman as Wonder Woman, Storm as Storm, Mechanika as Mechanika, Elektra as Elektra, Emma as Emma, Thor as Thor, Daffy Duck as Daffy Duck and Marceline as Marceline.

Eeshaan1685

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Eeshaan1685

Storm is not even close to being the WW of Marvel, IMHO. It's Carol Danvers who holds that title.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#29  Edited By V_Scarlotte_Rose

So Storm is Marvels' Wonder Woman because she's appeared in the most things?

SavageDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By SavageDragon

I like Storm, always have. But theres only 1 A list mutant at Marvel, and thats Logan.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@Storm Calling said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Fully agreed :-D...I read this on CBR this morning and I was like .... I KNEW IT!

And good points on the other book appearances as a guest in other titles and Super Hero Squad (or even Spoof movies).

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Storm Calling

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@Storm Calling said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Fully agreed :-D...I read this on CBR this morning and I was like .... I KNEW IT!

And good points on the other book appearances as a guest in other titles and Super Hero Squad (or even Spoof movies).

Yes, I forgot about the spoofs, she's had quite a few, even in blockbuster films like Epic Movie and Superhero Movie.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By butterflykyss

I am amazed that with all of this being true in regards to storm, Ms. Marvel gets yet again another ongoing. LIKE WTF!!!! I really do not understand the minds at Marvel. It is really aggravating.

Tiamat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Tiamat

@Decoy Elite said:

No!
Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Storm Calling

@butterflykyss said:

I am amazed that with all of this being true in regards to storm, Ms. Marvel gets yet again another ongoing. LIKE WTF!!!! I really do not understand the minds at Marvel. It is really aggravating.

Either they haven't realized it or they aren't really up for the challenge, considering she's both a black and female superhero. I think given a strong enough push with a good writer and artist behind her in comics, and director/creators in animated series, and films, she could do well on her own after awhile.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Decoy Elite

@butterflykyss said:

Because Ms.Marvel getting another ongoing is what's keeping Storm from getting hers.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By butterflykyss

@Decoy Elite said:

@butterflykyss said:

Because Ms.Marvel getting another ongoing is what's keeping Storm from getting hers.

Hmmm i don't think so.. I just don't think there is a serious interest with the powers that be to really get behind such a "risky" project. Her being a woman and black are all "negatives" in the world of trying to make money at the offices of Marvel. They give Ms. Marvel a 3rd ongoing even after sales of the 2nd ongoing was lack-luster, they give Gambit his own ongoing when he is nowhere near as popular as Storm, yet one of their most popular and recognizable characters hasn't even been given that chance. However, I do truly feel it there was good writing and art she could potentially do exceedingly well, and it is great to see that I am not the only one who sees this. This article really has been a long time coming and I hope it registers with those at Marvel who could make such a suggestion a reality.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

#38  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@Walzo said:

this

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By poisonfleur

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Walzo said:

this

HOW IN THE FLYING F???

WHY??

Because they are both strong flying white women????

1) Ms. Captain Binary Warbird Marvel is a nobody. Aside from comic readers-- ain't nobody know who she is....

2) Storm and Wonder Woman were both characters that opened doors and are the most notable among their groups (women and blacks)

3) Storm may not be as popular as Wonder Woman and Catwoman but she comes a good third-- due to all her movie appearances, tv appearances, game appearances, and number of comic appearances.

4) Both effortlessly outrank ALL or almost all the boys on their respective teams and embody girl power. Unlike Ms.Marvel, who is drunk. Besides, the most notable thing she has ever done is get into cat fights, have her powers stolen and ended up in a coma.

5)

No Caption Provided

Ms. Marvel What? Captain Marvel Who? Warbird What? Binary Who???! Tell her to pick a name first before you start claiming her off wonder woman status.... Besides the ONLY reason she got considered is because she has Marvel in her name and everyone knows Wonder Woman is Ms.DC. But screw that... By that logic why don't we just say Wonder Man is Marvel's Wonder Woman????

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By butterflykyss

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Walzo said:

this

Yea why do you think it makes more sense that Ms. Marvel should be Marvel's Wonder Woman? I mean it would seem that by her 3rd on-going Marvel would want this as well, but curious why this makes sense when she doesn't have as nearly of the exposure as Ororo does.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By poisonfleur

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Walzo said:

this

Yea why do you think it makes more sense that Ms. Marvel should be Marvel's Wonder Woman? I mean it would seem that by her 3rd on-going Marvel would want this as well, but curious why this makes sense when she doesn't have as nearly of the exposure as Ororo does.

Right!! If any woman represents Marvel as close as Wonder Woman represents DC it's Storm.

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@Walzo said:

@Blood1991 said:

@Walzo said:

Hhhhmmmm

CAPTAIN Marvel.

Agreed and I like her "promotion". I am loving Captain Marvel's comic right now.

I think Storm represents the X-Men moreso than Marvel as a brand. As the X-Men lost relevance and market share, so did Storm., despite a great heyday from the '80s-'90s. Captain Marvel has a lot of potential - that's what she was created to be, anyway.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@poisonfleur said:

No Caption Provided

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Walzo said:

this

HOW IN THE FLYING F???

WHY??

1) Ms. Captain Warbird Marvel is a nobody. Aside from comic readers-- ain't nobody know who she is....

really? most of the people i know, know who she is, thanks to Ultimate Alliance, Super Hero squad, Avengers: EMS and so-on. and apparently your saying comic book readers dont count as people....

2) Storm and Wonder Woman were both characters that opened doors and are the most notable among their groups (women and blacks)

actually, Black Panther opened the door for blacks : P Storm is only well known Black character because she was on the X-Men

3) Storm may not be as popular as Wonder Woman and Catwoman but she comes a good third-- due to all her movie appearances, tv appearances, game appearances, and number of comic appearances.

and? appearences in alt media dont equate to importance to a universe.

4) Both effortlessly outrank ALL or almost all the boys on their respective teams and embody girl power. Unlike Ms.Marvel, who is drunk. Besides, the most notable thing she has ever done is get into cat fights, have her powers stolen and ended up in a coma.

Please, Ms. Marvel has led the Avengers several times and is considered one of their greatest leaders. yes she had a period of difficulty but she rose out of it spectacularly like all good heroes do. Even guys like Hawkeye and Iron Man (who has leadership experience himself and has served with the team longer) differ to her automatically.

Both are connected from Warrior cultures (Diana/Amazons, Carol/Kree), top membesr of their universes most respected teams, have their own series, work/worked for the government and so on

5)

product of votes, not actual common sense. this s the same story that had Wolverine beat Lobo with punches.

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@poisonfleur said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Walzo said:

this

Right!! If any woman represents Marvel as close as Wonder Woman represents DC it's Storm.

hardly. Storm represents the X-Men (that's painfully obvious) but not Marvel as a whole. most people generally dont know/care about her time with the FF and her Avengers time was a big freakin joke.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By poisonfleur

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Walzo said:

this

HOW IN THE FLYING F???

WHY??

1) Ms. Captain Warbird Marvel is a nobody. Aside from comic readers-- ain't nobody know who she is....

really? most of the people i know, know who she is, thanks to Ultimate Alliance, Super Hero squad, Avengers: EMS and so-on. and apparently your saying comic book readers dont count as people....

actually, Black Panther opened the door for blacks : P Storm is only well known Black character because she was on the X-Men

and?

Please, Ms. Marvel has led the Avengers several times and is considered one of their greatest leaders. yes she had a period of difficulty but she rose out of it spectacularly like all good heroes do. Even guys like Hawkeye and Iron Man (who has leadership experience himself and has served with the team longer) differ to her automatically.

Both are connected from Warrior cultures (Diana/Amazons, Carol/Kree), top membesr of their universes most respected teams, have their own series, work/worked for the government and so on

5)

product of votes, not actual common sense. this s the same story that had Wolverine beat Lobo with punches.

No Caption Provided

1) 'Aside from' & 'don't count' are two different concepts. Figure that out first before you decided to pressure this topic any further. Besides Storm was in all of those-- Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2, Super Hero Squad, and A:EMH's sister show that takes place in the same universe: Wolverine and the X-men

2) WHAT??? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Black Panther was NOBODY before Storm came along. He is as relevant as BET-- exploiting 'black interests' in order to avoid looking like a token. How many awards has Black Panther won? ZERO! How many awards has Storm won? Too many to count. Marvel.com also ranked her as the 3rd greatest X-Men member while defining her as one of the strongest female and strongest black characters not just in the history of the X-Men but in all of comics. So please, calm that mess down. Because Black Panther's character focuses WAYYY to much on being black rather than just being a fantastical character like Storm who just so happens to be black.

3) Number of comics appearances, Tv show appearances, game appearances, movie appearances, etc total up. Apparently if you can fly and are indestructible-- just add Marvel to the end of your name and you are the next wonder woman. Thank God-- Ms. Marvel's name isn't Ms.Wonder... Or I would really be in for it.........

4) And?

Storm and Wonder Woman come from royalty & a strong line of women. Storm was an Avenger, A member of the Fantastic Four and is leader/headmistress of the X-men. And Ms.Marvel's series is a desperate cry and struggle. Now that she chopped off her hair and looks butch, her comic series will go down faster than they ever have before.

5) So? If Iron Man can beat Magneto-- If Black Widow can kick Magik's butt in limbo-- if the Thing can beat Namor underwater-- If the Phoenix can get wished away-- Storm can mop house with Wonder Woman. Either way-- According to votes, Storm is more popular than Wonder woman?? Sounds about right.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By poisonfleur

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@poisonfleur said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Walzo said:

this

hardly. Storm represents the X-Men (that's painfully obvious) but not Marvel as a whole. most people generally dont know/care about her time with the FF and her Avengers time was a big freakin joke.

No. Ms. Binary Warbird Captain Marvel is a joke.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By gravitypress

Nope Marvel doesn't have a WW.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By butterflykyss

@gravitypress said:

Nope Marvel doesn't have a WW.

I think the author addressed that in the first paragraph of the article. The question was then if Marvel doesn't have one, which of their female characters is the closest.

gravitypress

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By gravitypress

Thor is Marvels WW

Captain America is Marvels Superman

Ironman is Marvels Batman

But if you mean powerful female then Storm or Captain Matvel (Danvers)

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By butterflykyss

@poisonfleur said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@poisonfleur said:

@Avenging-X-Bolt said:

@Walzo said:

this

HOW IN THE FLYING F???

WHY??

and?

5)

No Caption Provided

1) 'Aside from' & 'don't count' are two different concepts. Figure that out first before you decided to pressure this topic any further. Besides Storm was in all of those-- Ultimate Alliance 1 & 2, Super Hero Squad, and A:EMH's sister show that takes place in the same universe: Wolverine and the X-men

2) WHAT??? ABSOLUTELY NOT! Black Panther was NOBODY before Storm came along. He is as relevant as BET-- exploiting 'black interests' in order to avoid looking like a token. How many awards has Black Panther won? ZERO! How many awards has Storm won? Too many to count. Marvel.com also ranked her as the 3rd greatest X-Men member while defining her as one of the strongest female and strongest black characters not just in the history of the X-Men but in all of comics. So please, calm that mess down. Because Black Panther's character focuses WAYYY to much on being black rather than just being a fantastical character like Storm who just so happens to be black.

3) Number of comics appearances, Tv show appearances, game appearances, movie appearances, etc total up. Apparently if you can fly and are indestructible-- just add Marvel to the end of your name and you are the next wonder woman. Thank God-- Ms. Marvel's name isn't Ms.Wonder... Or I would really be in for it.........

4) And?

Storm and Wonder Woman come from royalty & a strong line of women. Storm was an Avenger, A member of the Fantastic Four and is leader/headmistress of the X-men. And Ms.Marvel's series is a desperate cry and struggle. Now that she chopped off her hair and looks butch, her comic series will go down faster than they ever have before.

5) So? If Iron Man can beat Magneto-- If Black Widow can kick Magik's butt in limbo-- if the Thing can beat Namor underwater-- If the Phoenix can get wished away-- Storm can mop house with Wonder Woman. Either way-- According to votes, Storm is more popular than Wonder woman?? Sounds about right.

And to this last point WW is susceptible to the effects of lightning. She was KO'd by OceanMaster's lightning so the same is certainly possible for Storm

t

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided