Storm is just confirmed as an Omega Level Mutant?!?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

For me, since the omega-level mutant is an existing category, then Storm should be one.

state your reasons

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@jhazzroucher said:

For me, since the omega-level mutant is an existing category, then Storm should be one.

state your reasons

because she's powerful and she had some enormous feats that should qualify her to be one.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#153  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

Storm is the perfect bait.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Storm is the perfect bait.

Ahahahaha. It's great to hear from you again. : )

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#155  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

state your reasons

because she's powerful and she had some enormous feats that should qualify her to be one.

this is kinda true....what hasd iceman done since being confirmed omega? @vance_astro the perfect bait for what?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

state your reasons

this is kinda true....what hasd iceman done since being confirmed omega? @vance_astro the perfect bait for what?

still, the fact that he's been declared as an omega only means Iceman is just being written poorly when he's really powerful.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#157 vance_astro  Moderator

Most characters that are considered Omega would be alot more powerful than she is by a pretty significant margin.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#158  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

Most characters that are considered Omega would be alot more powerful than she is by a pretty significant margin.

I don't think so. She has absorbed the energies of millions of stars.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

Honestly, who cares? It's not like the title means anything significant. Just ask Mr. M.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#160 vance_astro  Moderator
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: and to add, if she'll be confirmed an omega level mutant, the writers have a chance to write her to be very powerful, maybe not in most issues but in a few issues. Look at Iceman fighting against Thor.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#162  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@jhazzroucher said:

@vance_astro: and to add, if she'll be confirmed an omega level mutant, the writers have a chance to write her to be very powerful, maybe not in most issues but in a few issues. Look at Iceman fighting against Thor.

you know the irony of iceman being omega is that even though hes essentially moisture for all its worth ..hes still an element that storm could toy with.. @vance_astro oh okay :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#163  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

you know the irony of iceman being omega is that even though hes essentially moisture for all its worth ..hes still an element that storm could toy with..

Indeed.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mercy_ said:

Honestly, who cares? It's not like the title means anything significant. Just ask Mr. M.

i agree with this .....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#165 vance_astro  Moderator

@jhazzroucher said:

Can you really compare that to characters who have been shown to take life away and give it back at will, who have created their own dimensions and realities, who have achieved immortality, characters who have been shown to shut off or take away other mutants powers? In terms of energy manipulation Vulcan & Mister M have done things that aren't even in the realm of possibility for Storm.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

Can you really compare that to characters who have been shown to take life away and give it back at will, who have created their own dimensions and realities, who have achieved immortality, characters who have been shown to shut off or take away other mutants powers? In terms of energy manipulation Vulcan & Mister M have done things that aren't even in the realm of possibility for Storm.

Well, didn't Storm become Rogue Storm? If it was explored further, we'll get to see how powerful she really is. How about hmmmm... I think there was an omea-level mutant who didn't really show better than Storm's feats. Was it Darwin?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

well damn....that was intense

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168 vance_astro  Moderator

@malachi_munroe said:

you know the irony of iceman being omega is that even though hes essentially moisture for all its worth ..hes still an element that storm could toy with.. @vance_astro oh okay :)

Can you see why he's Omega and she's not? Or no?

She's already BEEN written to be very powerful. Alpha level mutants are powerful too. Trust me, you don't want Storm to be Omega, Marvel will bury her. If they don't kill her off they will depower her.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

Can you see why he's Omega and she's not? Or no?

@jhazzroucher said:

She's already BEEN written to be very powerful. Alpha level mutants are powerful too. Trust me, you don't want Storm to be Omega, Marvel will bury her. If they don't kill her off they will depower her.

and probably less appearances, so.... perhaps it's better to not declare her as an omega level mutant.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#170  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@jhazzroucher said:

Well, didn't Storm become Rogue Storm? If it was explored further, we'll get to see how powerful she really is. How about hmmmm... I think there was an omea-level mutant who didn't really show better than Storm's feats. Was it Darwin?

I don't know if Darwin is actually Omega but the rating isn't based on feats, it's based on what your powers may potentially allow you to do. Darwin's powers are described as "Reactive Evolution", which means he could potentially adapt to anything, making him virtually invincible.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#171 vance_astro  Moderator
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

I don't know if Darwin is actually Omega but the rating isn't based on feats, it's based on what your powers may potentially allow you to do. Darwin's powers are described as "Reactive Evolution", which means he could potentially adapt to anything, making him virtually invincible.

Storm has the potential too. BUt I'm really fine with Storm only considered as a high Alpha mutant but can beat omega-level mutants. hehehe : )

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

roguestorm in all her splender.....is a joke

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@vance_astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

it was not a joke

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#175  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@vance_astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

it was not a joke

to me it was....power that was growing to be near infinite and all she did was a GLOBAL thuderstorm?! ....a cosmic turbulence would be nice , i've always wondered like if she would rob the sun of its energy like how she did a ship and cause it to go into the red giant phase...maybe a few suns around the galaxy...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@vance_astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

it was not a joke

to me it was....power that was growing to be near infinite and all she did was a GLOBAL thuderstorm?! ....a cosmic turbulence would be nice , i've always wondered like if she would rob the sun of its energy like how she did a ship and cause it to go into the red giant phase...maybe a few suns around the galaxy...

Even Doom feared her.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#177  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@vance_astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

it was not a joke

Even Doom feared her.

doom would fear me if he ever took my cheesecake....and i dont think he feared directly he more feared for his life because his suit couldn't handle the surge in power , ONE more bolt and he wouldn't be alive right now....

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#178 vance_astro  Moderator

@jhazzroucher said:

Even Doom feared her.

Which doesn't make sense because not only is this the same guy who fought his way out of Hell but this is also the same guy who fought Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet and took a blast from him. If doesn't fear the depths of Hell or the most powerful being in the Universe, fearing any version of Storm doesn't make any sense.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

Even Doom feared her.

Which doesn't make sense because not only is this the same guy who fought his way out of Hell but this is also the same guy who fought Thanos with the Infinity Gauntlet and took a blast from him. If doesn't fear the depths of Hell or the most powerful being in the Universe, fearing any version of Storm doesn't make any sense.

you my friend make ALOT of sense! ....i like you x_X

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#180 vance_astro  Moderator

@malachi_munroe said:

@vance_astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Even Doom feared her.

you my friend make ALOT of sense! ....i like you x_X

:)

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro....you think under the right circumstances storm could theoretically create a star?...like how she trapped SS in a hydrogen sphere , is she could gather enough and increase the pressure til it becomes hot and dense...what do you think?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#182  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

Even Doom feared her.

well he knows how powerful Storm is ]during that time

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#183 vance_astro  Moderator

@jhazzroucher said:

Doom has repeatedly faced beings more powerful than Storm. It still doesn't make sense. Hell, Doom himself is more powerful than Storm.

@vance_astro....you think under the right circumstances storm could theoretically create a star?...like how she trapped SS in a hydrogen sphere , is she could gather enough and increase the pressure til it becomes hot and dense...what do you think?

I'm not sure. I don't really know anything about stars.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#184  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@vance_astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Doom has repeatedly faced beings more powerful than Storm. It still doesn't make sense. Hell, Doom himself is more powerful than Storm.

@malachi_munroe said:

I'm not sure. I don't really know anything about stars.

well let me explain (i'm a bit of a geek when it comes to stars). okay stars are huge balls (no pun intended) of hot swirling gasses and plasma , they form from clouds of helium and hydrogen and a few of the heavier elements (like our sun but the heavy elements like iron and nickel are formed in the core) when the pressure in a certain region of the cloud/nebula increases the gasses and stuff begin to become compressed and begin rotating becoming heavier and denser towards the center , when the temperature has reached around ( forgive me but i cant remember how hot it gets so i'll use a number as a refference ) 100,000 degreese and it has enough mass it ignites and a star is born...i hope thats simple enough x_X so now i hope you could answer :)

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#185  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@malachi_munroe said:

well let me explain (i'm a bit of a geek when it comes to stars). okay stars are huge balls (no pun intended) of hot swirling gasses and plasma , they form from clouds of helium and hydrogen and a few of the heavier elements (like our sun but the heavy elements like iron and nickel are formed in the core) when the pressure in a certain region of the cloud/nebula increases the gasses and stuff begin to become compressed and begin rotating becoming heavier and denser towards the center , when the temperature has reached around ( forgive me but i cant remember how hot it gets so i'll use a number as a refference ) 100,000 degreese and it has enough mass it ignites and a star is born...i hope thats simple enough x_X so now i hope you could answer :)

I'm sorry, I still don't get it lol.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#186  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@vance_astro said:

@malachi_munroe said:

I'm sorry, I still don't get it lol.

oh damn! one last try , ummmmmmmmmm clouds of dust and gas in space begine to clump together due to pressure and then they begin rotating and form a sphere , when that sphere gets hot it becomes a star....PLEASE TELL ME YOU GET IT! given her control over pressure and heat..its plausible no?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#187  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@malachi_munroe said:

oh damn! one last try , ummmmmmmmmm clouds of dust and gas in space begine to clump together due to pressure and then they begin rotating and form a sphere , when that sphere gets hot it becomes a star....PLEASE TELL ME YOU GET IT!

The part i'm not getting is how Storm is supposed to create that effect?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

oh damn! one last try , ummmmmmmmmm clouds of dust and gas in space begine to clump together due to pressure and then they begin rotating and form a sphere , when that sphere gets hot it becomes a star....PLEASE TELL ME YOU GET IT!

ohhhhhhhhhh , well stars are composed of mostly hydrogen and helium...she manipulated hydrogen directly already when she used it against norrin (which was actually lame since he survived worse things than what she could dish out) and formed a 5 yard sphere (the very first stars in the universe were composed of HYDROGEN alone) if she gathered enough hydrogen and used her control over PRESSURE and HEAT...it would ignite and form a star..understand now?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro said:

@malachi_munroe said:

ohhhhhhhhhh , well stars are composed of mostly hydrogen and helium...she manipulated hydrogen directly already when she used it against norrin (which was actually lame since he survived worse things than what she could dish out) and formed a 5 yard sphere (the very first stars in the universe were composed of HYDROGEN alone) if she gathered enough hydrogen and used her control over PRESSURE and HEAT...it would ignite and form a star..understand now?

Storm is a very , very powerful mutant. She can do it when written correctly.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

@vance_astro said:

@malachi_munroe said:

...its not always about being powerful jhazz , the feat where she manipulates the hydrogen directly means if she gathered enough and packed it together added with her control over heat she could...if the writers allow her to...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#191  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@vance_astro said:

@malachi_munroe said:

...its not always about being powerful jhazz , the feat where she manipulates the hydrogen directly means if she gathered enough and packed it together added with her control over heat she could...if the writers allow her to...

if only Stormcell was here

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@vance_astro said:

@malachi_munroe said:

stormcell?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@vance_astro said:

@malachi_munroe said:

stormcell?

he's good at explaining Storm's awesome powers.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#194  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@vance_astro said:

@malachi_munroe said:

stormcell?

he's good at explaining Storm's awesome powers.

i guess i'll have to meet this dude :) ....plus i think this dude @roddy010 was the best at explaining her powers....he made this awesomeeee thread about her...

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#195 vance_astro  Moderator

Can you guys cut that blockquote so it stops coming to my notifications cue?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#197 vance_astro  Moderator
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#199 vance_astro  Moderator
Emmett_frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The scan clearly says an eternal (ICEMAN, an elemental (STORM) AND some metal acuity (RACHEL). This is not the first time Storm was classified as an omega level mutant.

In Black Panther she was said to be a possible omega and in an interview about one of the X-men series she was stated to be an omega level mutant by the writer of that series.

There is no doubt that she is an omega level mutant since she has the power to overwhelm and subdue most of the omega level mutants including Rachel, Psylocke etc.