Storm is just confirmed as an Omega Level Mutant?!?

MakkyD

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Thankful this wasn't true, writers seem to give out Omega-levels like sweets...

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

...for some honest reason i don't see her becoming omega at all....

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@squares said:

@stormchild1997 said:

@squares said:

@stormchild1997 said:

@peerless1 said:

@stormchild1997: Okay I get it. I think it is true in fact that she can already use her powers in space the some of the ways you describe. I was simply pointing out some examples of her adaptability by giving specific examples of things in space, or other atmospheres. I don't know about surviving in the core of a star--outside of the full realization of her omega potential. I'm not sure if the question is if she could, but how. She is largely Earth bound and experienced in the context of Earth-like biospheres. Just as she did not understand the Trigon dimension at first. She might not fully "understand" the solar atmosphere of the Sun. If she has no time to study it, practice or experiment, she may not have the time to figure out the relatively exotic activities of the Sun is such close intense proximity of the core. I compare it to a world class sprinter or scientist who has never trained and coached, never been tried. You might be the best in the middle school class, but the Olympics is another thing (the same with her magic potential--save that for another time).

I have suggested before though that if she spent an extended time in outer space and was forced to utilize the stellar/space environment, she would figure out how to use the space environment much more effectively. So, for me it's more about exposure than ability--the potential remains, the practice . . . not so much. The same was true for Iceman (until the potential was unlocked, and Jean).

I think Storm is a far more intuitive and frankly intelligent student of her powers than Bobby. So, if anyone can figure out how to access that potential, Ororo can.

i get what you're trying to say :) how long did it take for her to learn how her powers would manifest in the trion's dimension anyway...i personally dont like the fact that he has to "learn" i always thought she would think "blast" and behold lightning when it came to that power...everything else i like

That's not how power classification systems work.

be specific...i was only referring to how i thought about what would be going on inside her head while summoning lightning...

".this is why i believe only storm can decide whether shes an omega or not she has to learn her true potential unlike the others" was the specific statement I was referring to. I'm sorry, I appear to have misquoted you originally. But the original statement (that's not how power classification systems work) still stands. The individual does not just decide they belong in another power group and therefore get moved.

What if said individual places self-restraint on all fronts ?

Maybe it's because it's 7:30 am right now, but that sentence doesn't make much sense to me. Could you paraphrase it, please?

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: The fact that a mutant would have to go through a period of unlocking or tapping into a previously unseen level of power or aspect of their mutant power is hardly new. It is true of the omega's as well. Vulcan need to absorb power from other mutants to fully unleash his omega potential, Iceman needed Emma to unblock skills and aspects of his powers that, frankly, he would probably never have tapped on his own, Jean needed to be trapped on a ship and dying of radiation poisoning, which ultimately brought the Phoenix to her which would unleash her full omega potential (the beginning of the omega mutant saga) and even Elixir needed to absorb knowledge from the Beast to tap into his full potential as omega level biological manipulation powers. It actually seems that many of the 'actualization' of the omegas powers is direct result of some extreme trauma, circumstance or some combination thereof. So, how would that be different in Storm's case if she has to learn or allow different weather and energy patterns to tap into her fullest powers?

Of course all of this is speculation (both the beauty and bane of these discussions), but the galactic core incident may in some ways be the truest indication of the type of circumstances it might take to unleash her full omega power and realize her its potential. Storm's power is consistently referred to by her fellow Xmen and other groups (Shield, Iron Man, Avengers, the sentinels, etc) and indeed she has been stated in the Xmen one shot as being "one of the few mutant to have omega level potential". She can control global level weather effects, can use her powers in the space environments, and effectively discorporeated a herald of Galactus (how many mutants have done that?) and I contend has already bent the laws of nature significantly--that is an indication her full potential can be realized. When? Where? How? I don't know.

But if Emma Frost (during the Genosha destruction, Beast, Angel, Jean and Iceman) can all have secondary mutations to expand their powers and still remain relevant players why not Storm? All of the aforementioned group are not even omega's, but all omega's have undergone a transformative event. And honestly, for all of its talk, Bobby's came absolutely out of nowhere (Jean's sort of did too, I mean really?) Storms in a lot of ways is a much more logical omega 'evolution' if you look at her from her earliest history.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#105  Edited By Mooty_Pass

@peerless1: sorry my phone Is messIng hope you understand my questIons. you saId omegas powers Is a dIrect result of extreme trauma If so how do explaIn rouge storm. wasn't that trauma all In Itself. beIng trapped and havIng huge beIng that she was closhtIphobIc sorry cant spell It that she at least tapped In It a lIttle.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: The fact that a mutant would have to go through a period of unlocking or tapping into a previously unseen level of power or aspect of their mutant power is hardly new. It is true of the omega's as well. Vulcan need to absorb power from other mutants to fully unleash his omega potential, Iceman needed Emma to unblock skills and aspects of his powers that, frankly, he would probably never have tapped on his own, Jean needed to be trapped on a ship and dying of radiation poisoning, which ultimately brought the Phoenix to her which would unleash her full omega potential (the beginning of the omega mutant saga) and even Elixir needed to absorb knowledge from the Beast to tap into his full potential as omega level biological manipulation powers. It actually seems that many of the 'actualization' of the omegas powers is direct result of some extreme trauma, circumstance or some combination thereof. So, how would that be different in Storm's case if she has to learn or allow different weather and energy patterns to tap into her fullest powers?

Of course all of this is speculation (both the beauty and bane of these discussions), but the galactic core incident may in some ways be the truest indication of the type of circumstances it might take to unleash her full omega power and realize her its potential. Storm's power is consistently referred to by her fellow Xmen and other groups (Shield, Iron Man, Avengers, the sentinels, etc) and indeed she has been stated in the Xmen one shot as being "one of the few mutant to have omega level potential". She can control global level weather effects, can use her powers in the space environments, and effectively discorporeated a herald of Galactus (how many mutants have done that?) and I contend has already bent the laws of nature significantly--that is an indication her full potential can be realized. When? Where? How? I don't know.

But if Emma Frost (during the Genosha destruction, Beast, Angel, Jean and Iceman) can all have secondary mutations to expand their powers and still remain relevant players why not Storm? All of the aforementioned group are not even omega's, but all omega's have undergone a transformative event. And honestly, for all of its talk, Bobby's came absolutely out of nowhere (Jean's sort of did too, I mean really?) Storms in a lot of ways is a much more logical omega 'evolution' if you look at her from her earliest history.

Very interesting arguments, but you're missing a few things- namely the fact that the whole 'mutant level' system has nothing to do with aptitude or skill, just potential power. That potential need not be reached for it to still exist. It's like if you had a huge reservoir full of water, and you only used a few gallons of it a day, there's still a huge reservoir of water you're not using; the size of the reservoir would not change if you started using barrels of water daily instead of just those few gallons. Vulcan is an energy manipulator; he doesn't require other mutants' energy any more that Havok or Cyclops does. Sure, he can get power out of, say, being hit with the latter's optic blasts, but that's not the only way he gets energy. Jean was an Omega-level mutant before she even knew the Phoenix Force existed.

But what about the Omega-level potential line, you might ask? As far as I'm concerned it's meaningless. Consider the fact that the person who used the term is Iron Man, what the hell does HE know about Omega-level mutants? I chalk it up to a case of unreliable narration.

You realize that bending the laws of nature happens in comics all the damn time? Especially X-men comics. Not all heralds are created equal; I know that's a crappy response, but keep in mind Dazzler was once a herald, and I doubt anyone would say she's on par with the Silver Surfer, then or now.

Secondary mutations have nothing to do with power level! Emma was an Alpha-level mutant before she got her secondary mutation, and she still is an Alpha-level mutant. Jean having a secondary mutation is news to me, though I may have willingly missed that part, I don't generally pay much attention to her anymore.

Why not Storm? Interesting question. On that note, why not Magneto? Or Cyclops? After all, didn't Cyclops recently get some sort of mental block removed? By your reasoning, that means that his power level should have gone up too, doesn't it? Yes, I agree Iceman's sudden transformative event, as you put it, came out of nowhere, and I attribute that to bad writing.

Sorry if that response was a big fragmented, I'm in a bit of a hurry.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

well i do. : )

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

well i do. : )

they would probably kill her off if she grew too powerful *cough* pheonix *cough*

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#109  Edited By Peerless1

@squares: Okay, I think I may not have been clear because I think my point was lost on you.

First, of course potential is not always reached. My argument wasn't the definition potential. I'm clear that what is possible is not always what is achieved. The points I made about Storm's and some of the others' powers was that there were, in fact, several instances of specific circumstances that facilitated them actualizing their respective "omega potential."

Having someone else unleash mental blocks (Iceman) and gaining access to a knowledge base (Elixir) and having an encounter with the Phoenix during her time in which she nearly died (Jean) were avenues that allowed those three different omegas to reach their omega potential. The point was not that it gave them the potential, but it was that is was the mechanism for achieving it. With regard to Storm, a galactic core type event may do the same.

To your point about the meaningless nature of the omega label, that is another argument. And to use Iron Man's lack of expertise in the field of mutant classification is nullified by the countless examples of him "knowing" a lot about quite a lot (too much sometimes in my opinion). Really, what does he know about Asgardian architecture/technology to reconstruct Asgard? What qualifies him as an expert about an eternal cosmic entity (Phoenix force) to attempt to contain it and then split it?

Yes nature is bent "all the damn time" in comics, but I was referencing degree of the bending as an indication of potential. So I agree your answer about that is well. . . crappy.

Why not Magneto? I agree on that one. Why not Charles? Why not Cyclops? Really?! Refer to my above point about scale and scope of bending the laws of nature. All heralds aren't created equally, however, again, not a common occurrence for your typical mutant (even an energy manipulator). And the secondary mutation apparently has been responsible for Bobby's, Jean's realizing the "fullness" of their omega status--though I agree a secondary mutation is neither a requirement nor sufficient for an omega status.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#110  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@peerless1 added to the fact that she keeps calm in extreme situations unless it becomes overwhelming

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: Okay, I think I may not have been clear because I think my point was lost on you.

First, of course potential is not always reached. My argument wasn't the definition potential. I'm clear that what is possible is not always what is achieved. The points I made about Storm's and some of the others' powers was that there were, in fact, several instances of specific circumstances that facilitated them actualizing their respective "omega potential."

Having someone else unleash mental blocks (Iceman) and gaining access to a knowledge base (Elixir) and having an encounter with the Phoenix during her time in which she nearly died (Jean) were avenues that allowed those three different omegas to reach their omega potential. The point was not that it gave them the potential, but it was that is was the mechanism for achieving it. With regard to Storm, a galactic core type event may do the same.

To your point about the meaningless nature of the omega label, that is another argument. And to use Iron Man's lack of expertise in the field of mutant classification is nullified by the countless examples of him "knowing" a lot about quite a lot (too much sometimes in my opinion). Really, what does he know about Asgardian architecture/technology to reconstruct Asgard? What qualifies him as an expert about an eternal cosmic entity (Phoenix force) to attempt to contain it and then split it?

Yes nature is bent "all the damn time" in comics, but I was referencing degree of the bending as an indication of potential. So I agree your answer about that is well. . . crappy.

Why not Magneto? I agree on that one. Why not Charles? Why not Cyclops? Really?! Refer to my above point about scale and scope of bending the laws of nature. All heralds aren't created equally, however, again, not a common occurrence for your typical mutant (even an energy manipulator). And the secondary mutation apparently has been responsible for Bobby's, Jean's realizing the "fullness" of their omega status--though I agree a secondary mutation is neither a requirement nor sufficient for an omega status.

Yeah, I think I misunderstood your point. Sorry about that.

@peerless1 added to the fact that she keeps calm in extreme situations unless it becomes overwhelming

Unless, you know, extreme situations involve small, enclosed spaces.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: claustrophobia is the least of her problems , unless shes trapped within something that can take everything she can dish out i see that being no problem for her...unless they turn her into organic chrome again..just ask doom how that worked out....

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares: claustrophobia is the least of her problems , unless shes trapped within something that can take everything she can dish out i see that being no problem for her...unless they turn her into organic chrome again..just ask doom how that worked out....

There was this one time she was trapped in a submarine. Made her pretty useless, as I recall.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@malachi_munroe said:

There was this one time she was trapped in a submarine. Made her pretty useless, as I recall.

scan?..i really wanna see that....and she lifted the blackbird from underwater even though she feared she would be crushed..then she realised that the ocean was just another atmosphere...destroyed the black bird with lightning while it was in motion and she can breathe under water........soooooooo yeah heavy metal objects are no issue for her :P

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

@malachi_munroe said:

scan?..i really wanna see that....and she lifted the blackbird from underwater even though she feared she would be crushed..then she realised that the ocean was just another atmosphere...destroyed the black bird with lightning while it was in motion and she can breathe under water........soooooooo yeah heavy metal objects are no issue for her :P

Good for heavy metal objects?

Sorry, don't have a scan of that, will endeavor to find one though.

Avatar image for youmessinwithme
youmessinwithme

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I believe they were referring to iceman... Since her powers have very severe limitations.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#118  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@squares said:
@malachi_munroe said:

@squares said:

@malachi_munroe said:

Good for heavy metal objects?

Sorry, don't have a scan of that, will endeavor to find one though.

yay! :D , but i'm not sure what could trap her..she could drop the temp enough to break metal...or melt it(i'm not sure) and her lightning can pretty much tackle anything...

@youmessinwithme and those limitations are?..please explain , i think her "limits" are self iposed...she respects the natural order of the planet or where ever she is so she wouldn't do things that could offset the balance . Every time she uses her powers it would have repercussions across the world..example...

No Caption Provided

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe: I agree that she may be restraining herself (obviously she is being restrained by the writers that write her these past few years--but I digress). But given her powerset (which I do believe is omega) she has exhibited the ability to have very cataclysmic effects on a broad scale.

She should have the potential to-- base on what she has already exhibited--her omega potential includes;

1). Alter pressure differentials and chemical reactions: this would wreak havoc on human and animal life, plant growth, the ability for her opponents to physiologically function at optimal levels and even the rate and efficiency of chemical reactions. She can effect a finite space as small as a human ear canal (millimeters), crushed a starship and nullified a nuclear explosion (a chemical reaction btw) by producing unearthly pressures.

--altering pressure also effects temperatures tremendously--The thermosphere in the upper atmosphere can have temperature in excess of 1500 degrees.

--She could also drop temperatures close to absolute zero (-450 degree Farrenheit) that is damn cold and yes even in Iceman range.

2). Filter and and focus radiation and electromagnetic energy (the atmosphere actually does this in the real world). She has gathered hydrogen molecules in space, so she must be able to perceive different components of gases in the atmosphere and selectively use them.

3). Generate plasma and ionic fields--she has done both the disrupt technological equipment and for destructive force. (By the way all that lightning she generates does create plasma and powerful energy electromagnetic energy like gamma rays). What if she expanded that ability? She's already ridden on the solar winds (ionized gases). Use the aurora borealis in a fight perhaps?

4) Dessicate and dehydrate people and the environment. She often makes it cold and flood but she could easily make it pretty hot and dry. In the Earth's upper atmosphere (see above) can be above 1000 degrees. (Again Iceman can pull water from places--uh so can she--very well).

5. Use electric powers in very dramatic ways--an electrolysis field to break up water molecules, but also generate other types of more powerful lightning: ball lightning, sprites, blue jets, gigantic jets (that move close to the speed of light), generate a magnetic field (lightning and magnetism go hand and hand--think Magneto), magnetize earth or objects, generate high energy electromagnetic energy. She could literally disrupt all types of energy manipulators and fields with her weather effects.

6. Generate very refined and extremely powerful effects. She often works over very wide ranges, but if she confined some of her powerful effects to a feet or even inches, it could have an awesome effect and shield the surroundings from the horrific aftershock.

7). This is only the beginning and she has most of these feats on record. Omega all the way.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#120  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@peerless1 said:

@malachi_munroe: I agree that she may be restraining herself (obviously she is being restrained by the writers that write her these past few years--but I digress). But given her powerset (which I do believe is omega) she has exhibited the ability to have very cataclysmic effects on a broad scale.

She should have the potential to-- base on what she has already exhibited--her omega potential includes;

1). Alter pressure differentials and chemical reactions: this would wreak havoc on human and animal life, plant growth, the ability for her opponents to physiologically function at optimal levels and even the rate and efficiency of chemical reactions. She can effect a finite space as small as a human ear canal (millimeters), crushed a starship and nullified a nuclear explosion (a chemical reaction btw) by producing unearthly pressures.

--altering pressure also effects temperatures tremendously--The thermosphere in the upper atmosphere can have temperature in excess of 1500 degrees.

--She could also drop temperatures close to absolute zero (-450 degree Farrenheit) that is damn cold and yes even in Iceman range.

2). Filter and and focus radiation and electromagnetic energy (the atmosphere actually does this in the real world). She has gathered hydrogen molecules in space, so she must be able to perceive different components of gases in the atmosphere and selectively use them.

3). Generate plasma and ionic fields--she has done both the disrupt technological equipment and for destructive force. (By the way all that lightning she generates does create plasma and powerful energy electromagnetic energy like gamma rays). What if she expanded that ability? She's already ridden on the solar winds (ionized gases). Use the aurora borealis in a fight perhaps?

4) Dessicate and dehydrate people and the environment. She often makes it cold and flood but she could easily make it pretty hot and dry. In the Earth's upper atmosphere (see above) can be above 1000 degrees. (Again Iceman can pull water from places--uh so can she--very well).

5. Use electric powers in very dramatic ways--an electrolysis field to break up water molecules, but also generate other types of more powerful lightning: ball lightning, sprites, blue jets, gigantic jets (that move close to the speed of light), generate a magnetic field (lightning and magnetism go hand and hand--think Magneto), magnetize earth or objects, generate high energy electromagnetic energy. She could literally disrupt all types of energy manipulators and fields with her weather effects.

6. Generate very refined and extremely powerful effects. She often works over very wide ranges, but if she confined some of her powerful effects to a feet or even inches, it could have an awesome effect and shield the surroundings from the horrific aftershock.

7). This is only the beginning and she has most of these feats on record. Omega all the way.

1) the thing is that everything thats in within the range of her powers is basically everywhere

2) i guess she could do that because water is made of hydrogen...and oxygen so that means she can "snuff" a pyrokinetics flames

3) i guess she could...i don't see why she couldn't

4) i was wondering if she could manipulate internal moisture (the moisture within a living body) it would be cool to see her just boil it away or just turn the enemy into ice...literally

5)doesn't she use the electromagnetic energy together with all her other energies? what if she did what she did to star dust to a normal person (human and mutant alike) if she just ripped the electrons from them they would basically be reduced to a pile of atoms...

6) a category 5 hurricane the size of a house would be more appropriate...also she works in wider ranges so that none of the enemies could escape...it would be easy to dodge a hurricane a few inches wide...

7) IT HAS BEEN STATED BY SENTINELS THAT SHE IS A POTENTIAL OMEGA..AND I WOULD ALSO LIKE TO ADD THAT NOBODY KNOWS HER TRUE POTENTIAL...THATS WHY THERE'S SO MUCH CONFUSION ABOUT STORM AND HERABILITIES added to the fact that she is NEVER powerless..except in the spirit world...

Fus_Bro_Dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#121  Edited By Fus_Bro_Dah

She's a potential Omega, but that doesn't mean she is, was, or is automatically going to be an omega in the future. Just that she in theory could achieve such a power level. But she's not an omega now, and never was. This was clarified by the head editor; when she, Bobby, and Rachael were mind-controlled in NA, that the enemies weren't talking about Storm. By simple process of elimination they were talking about Bobby and Rachael.

Storm fans can say she's an omega until they're blue in the face, just like I can say that Tony Stark is the smartest man in the entire MU. Doesn't mean that I'm right, because it's not confirmed by Marvel themselves. Until then, it's nothing more than ridiculous fan-fiction.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peerless1: thats impressive.Who else is in the omega potential class?

Fus_Bro_Dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#124  Edited By Fus_Bro_Dah

Thank you. That simply confirms what I said. "Omega Potential" doesn't mean she's an actual Omega.

And LOL @ her "beating" Cyclops. She just grabbed his visor and said "Don't shoot me please!"

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#125 vance_astro  Moderator

@fus_bro_dah said:

Thank you. That simply confirms what I said. "Omega Potential" doesn't mean she's an actual Omega.

And LOL @ her "beating" Cyclops. She just grabbed his visor and said "Don't shoot me please!"

Not to mention that she was stated to be "OMEGA POTENTIAL" by Iron Man like 7 years ago. This isn't even a new development.

Fus_Bro_Dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#126  Edited By Fus_Bro_Dah

@vance_astro:

Which is why I don't know why people are so hyped about this.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#127  Edited By dernman

@fus_bro_dah: Storm fans get hyped it she suddenly appears with a different shade of lipstick. :p

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#128  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@fus_bro_dah said:

@vance_astro:

Which is why I don't know why people are so hyped about this.

Agreed.

@dernman said:

@fus_bro_dah: Storm fans get hyped it she suddenly appears with a different shade of lipstick. :p

Double Agreed.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Maybe she was the "Eternal Man" :P

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#130  Edited By Peerless1

@fus_bro_dah: Just an English clarification as it seems to be necessary here. All omega mutants have omega level potential. Just as all combustible substances are capable of causing a fire irrespective of them being on fire all the time or never at all. Deadly diseases are deadly because they have the potential to cause death even if they never kill anyone or anything. It describes an ability or characteristic that is inherent. Something/someone without the potential cannot, is not, will not have the characteristic or feature. Potential describes the ability to do not the ability NOT to be.

Water is not flammable and it has no flame potential. It is not a characteristic inherent to the water. Men can not carry a baby and become pregnant. They have no potential to became pregnant. While many women have the potential to have children, but many never do. Being female and fertile gives you the potential to become pregnant.

The statement is NOT that Storm has the ability to be omega. The scan clearly states that she does. Again to drill home the point, Iceman was omega level potential even when he could only cover himself in snow, Jean had omega level potential when she could only lift a 300lb weight. Why? Because that was their potential, it is their ability.

Was Jean always the ultimate expression of her potential, hell no! Neither is Bobby, Rachel, Elixir, Franklin Richards. Does it change them all being omega level potential (as stated by Marvel) no, it doesn't. So your argument doesn't really follow.

Fus_Bro_Dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#131  Edited By Fus_Bro_Dah

@peerless1 said:

@fus_bro_dah: Just an English clarification as it seems to be necessary here. All omega mutants have omega level potential. Just as all combustible substances are capable of causing a fire irrespective of them being on fire all the time or never at all. Deadly diseases are deadly because they have the potential to cause death even if they never kill anyone or anything. It describes an ability or characteristic that is inherent. Something/someone without the potential cannot, is not, will not have the characteristic or feature. Potential describes the ability to do not the ability NOT to be.

Water is not flammable and it has no flame potential. It is not a characteristic inherent to the water. Men can not carry a baby and become pregnant. They have no potential to became pregnant. While many women have the potential to have children, but many never do. Being female and fertile gives you the potential to become pregnant.

The statement is NOT that Storm has the ability to be omega. The scan clearly states that she does. Again to drill home the point, Iceman was omega level potential even when he could only cover himself in snow, Jean had omega level potential when she could only lift a 300lb weight. Why? Because that was their potential, it is their ability.

Was Jean always the ultimate expression of her potential, hell no! Neither is Bobby, Rachel, Elixir, Franklin Richards. Does it change them all being omega level potential (as stated by Marvel) no, it doesn't. So your argument doesn't really follow.

Ooook...take a drink from somewhere else. Because as is the case with the (embarrassing branch of) Storm fans, this irrational thirst is starting to cloud your judgement. All Omega Level mutants have Omega potential, "no duh", but not all omega potentials will pass the threshold of being classified AS an Omega level mutant. I have the potential of being a great athlete, if I work for it and pass the hump, but it's not guaranteed. It just means I have the chance of reaching that level. The same with Storm.

I don't even know why this semantics argument is still going. Brevoort, the head editor has spoken. He's (more or less) the gatekeeper. When he was specifically asked were they saying Storm is an actual Omega, he said "no". So deal with it. All your grandstanding and spin-doctoring isn't canon; and neither are your feel good analogies, theories, and speeches. Nor does it doesn't matter how many "weather feat" scans you and other Storms fans post, in order to convince yourselves.

According to Marvel (the people who matter) Storm not an Omega Level Mutant.End of story. Deal with it on your own terms.

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#132  Edited By Peerless1

@fus_bro_dah: Talk about someone needing a drink--or one fewer whatever the case may be. You just said what I said didn't you? Talk about a semantic issue. Though your original statement was that she was not "omega"--would suggest a break in your own logic.

Secondly, whether or not she attains the "omega" power levels (whatever they may be in your unerring assessment) IS in the hands of the editors or writers. I'm just unclear as to how you can make the statement that she will never achieve the level you speak of. You talk to them often? My point, was that it is not supported that she is not an omega level mutant when it was stated by the scan that she was--I didn't write it or edit it.

Or perhaps, you have a mutant power yourself. You predict the future of a characters' development and are the arbiter of "omega" designations in the Marvel universe. Does that rank as an alpha, beta, omega or just a "potential" power?

For all the "overzealous" Storm fans there seems to be an equally boisterous squadron of "anti" Storm fans as well. Perhaps you can deal with that realization in yourself? I personally won't be losing a bit a sleep one way or another.

Fus_Bro_Dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#133  Edited By Fus_Bro_Dah

@peerless1: My original statement was 100% accurate, and nothing I've said has contradicted that. You need to re-read your scan. Then read it again and again and again, because it doesn't say ANYWHERE that she's an Omega. Storm isn't Omega, because...

"Potential Omega" ≠ "An actual Omega Level Mutant". Storm's the former. She's not an Omega, and isn't automatically destined to be one. It's nothing more than saying "maybe". Deal with it.

And for the record, I'm not "Anti-Storm". I'm "anti- "the bad segment of her fanbase". The people who over-hype her and desperately puff her up. To the point that she comes across as nothing more than "the female, black, weather version of 10 Supermans, with no weakness." The people who make her otherwise decent fanbase look like "Lunatics by Association". Not even the over the top segment of Batman fans are this bad.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@peerless1: My original statement was 100% accurate, and nothing I've said has contradicted that. You need to re-read your scan. Then read it again and again and again, because it doesn't say ANYWHERE that she's an Omega. Storm isn't Omega, because...

"Potential Omega" ≠ "An actual Omega Level Mutant". Storm's the former. She's not an Omega, and isn't automatically destined to be one. It's nothing more than saying "maybe". Deal with it.

And for the record, I'm not "Anti-Storm". I'm "anti- "the bad segment of her fanbase". The people who over-hype her and desperately puff her up. To the point that she comes across as nothing more than "the female, black, weather version of 10 Supermans, with no weakness." The people who make her otherwise decent fanbase look like "Lunatics by Association". Not even the over the top segment of Batman fans are this bad.

Yep. Storm can beat Superman. if you want evidence, i'll show ya. hehehe. : )

Anyway guys, let's all be cool. : )

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fus_bro_dah said:

jhazz please....HOW IN THE WORLD IS SHE GOING TO BEAT SUPERMAN? (NO SCANS PLEASE)

Peerless1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#136  Edited By Peerless1

@fus_bro_dah:

Potential Omega" ≠ "An actual Omega Level Mutant. What??!! I thought when someone said "omega level mutant," they meant omega. level. mutant. Sigh.

As I said, I have too much sleeping to do.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#137  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

...i don't care if shes omega or not anymore...i just don't that whole classification should be scrapped , if anyone should be omega its mags! he controls one of the four...and storm can be omega..she just CARES TO DAMN MUCH! if she would loose her humanity for a second...then she would be omega..just saying roguestorm (even though to me she was a joke) was the closest thing to storm being omega...if colossus had kept quiet she would have destroyed the damn planet (also that global thunderstorm was pathetic) there should have been a cosmic turbulence because she isn't " a normal atmokinetic" she controls the energies that govern weather and those energies exist throughout the entire universe...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#138  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:
@fus_bro_dah said:

jhazz please....HOW IN THE WORLD IS SHE GOING TO BEAT SUPERMAN? (NO SCANS PLEASE)

A lot of ways. : ) Hehehe. Peace! : )

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:
@fus_bro_dah said:

lmao XD before or after he breakes her neck?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:
@fus_bro_dah said:

I should show a scan

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:
@fus_bro_dah said:

I should show a scan

indeed , let me see what miracle storm is gonna perform on supes...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@malachi_munroe said:

@jhazzroucher said:
@fus_bro_dah said:

I should show a scan

indeed , let me see what miracle storm is gonna perform on supes...

Tomorrow, I will. : )

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#143  Edited By jhazzroucher
Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does omega-level mean? Like really... (My personal opinion is having the last name grey or summers)

Storm is bad a** but at the same time some of these guys are right...Storm really doesn't have any recent actions that could "identify" her as an omega-level.

For instance, Rachel scanned the minds of the people on earth. Grea

Iceman...apparently can reconstitute his body from any water source.

Hope...idk why she's an omega-level, but she is...*kanye west Shrug*

Magneto (back in the day, not sure if this label is still appropriate now) can manipulate EM for various purposes on a planetary scale.

But storm..,hurls lightning, creates tornadoes (rarely), creates hurricanes (rarely), creates Blizzards (rarely), Channels/manipulate energy on planetary and greater scales (e.x. GC feat, tapping into earth's electrical potential, etc.....rarely) Problem with storm is that she isn't given frequent challenges that would cause her to display these awesome feats...

If we base her status off of the way her powers work (fluid dynamics, temp. manipulation, pressure manipulation, gravitational stress, angle of sun, energy distribution, electron flow, etc...) then yea, she's definitely omega-level.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What does omega-level mean? Like really... (My personal opinion is having the last name grey or summers)

Storm is bad a** but at the same time some of these guys are right...Storm really doesn't have any recent actions that could "identify" her as an omega-level.

For instance, Rachel scanned the minds of the people on earth. Grea

Iceman...apparently can reconstitute his body from any water source.

Hope...idk why she's an omega-level, but she is...*kanye west Shrug*

Magneto (back in the day, not sure if this label is still appropriate now) can manipulate EM for various purposes on a planetary scale.

But storm..,hurls lightning, creates tornadoes (rarely), creates hurricanes (rarely), creates Blizzards (rarely), Channels/manipulate energy on planetary and greater scales (e.x. GC feat, tapping into earth's electrical potential, etc.....rarely) Problem with storm is that she isn't given frequent challenges that would cause her to display these awesome feats...

If we base her status off of the way her powers work (fluid dynamics, temp. manipulation, pressure manipulation, gravitational stress, angle of sun, energy distribution, electron flow, etc...) then yea, she's definitely omega-level.

this is true but i would like to adress the planetary scale point , storm (my theory) actually does manipulate the patterns on a global scale everytime she uses her powers so it wouldn't affect the rest of the world like her dispersing a hurricane..if nature decided it was time for a natural disaster and a hurricane formed she wouldn't mess with it because it may trigger of something worse...i agree with her not being put in situations where she could display her abilities...lastly i thought omegas where those who manipulated matter or energy on a massive scale...if so then she should be omega ...but hey i cant tell the people how to write their comics and stuff soooooooo

XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lmao!!

@fus_bro_dah: Talk about someone needing a drink--or one fewer whatever the case may be. You just said what I said didn't you? Talk about a semantic issue. Though your original statement was that she was not "omega"--would suggest a break in your own logic.

Secondly, whether or not she attains the "omega" power levels (whatever they may be in your unerring assessment) IS in the hands of the editors or writers. I'm just unclear as to how you can make the statement that she will never achieve the level you speak of. You talk to them often? My point, was that it is not supported that she is not an omega level mutant when it was stated by the scan that she was--I didn't write it or edit it.

Or perhaps, you have a mutant power yourself. You predict the future of a characters' development and are the arbiter of "omega" designations in the Marvel universe. Does that rank as an alpha, beta, omega or just a "potential" power?

For all the "overzealous" Storm fans there seems to be an equally boisterous squadron of "anti" Storm fans as well. Perhaps you can deal with that realization in yourself? I personally won't be losing a bit a sleep one way or another.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

For me, since the omega-level mutant is an existing category, then Storm should be one.