#1 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

Hey Raindrops,

Storm will be featured in the Xmen: Gold #1 written by the one and only Chris Claremont! Go show your support!

Butterflykyss

Storm IS GOLD!!!

#2 Edited by JonSmith (3996 posts) - - Show Bio

Something about Storm in that picture seems... wrong. I want to say she's just too slim? Maybe it's the fact she's wearing Ms. Marvel's old insignia. I don't know. Just seems... off.

#3 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

What!?!?!?!?!?!? another appearance in another ongoing comic book? Oh yeah! Storm is awesome!

#4 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

What's the premise of this comic? Looks like an alternate reality.

#5 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm not sure. They don't look like 616 but i think it's 616

#6 Edited by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

THIS LOOKS EPIC

#7 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10313 posts) - - Show Bio

@itsdaveyj said:

It's a one-shot book. I WISH it was an on going. What I would give to have Claremont return to the X-Men.

This book will be new classic and canon stories of the X-Men, so that is awesome. Storm was not mentioned in the solicit so I was initially unsure that she would be in the book, and that was surprising to me considering we are talking the awesome all-father of Storm is the writing this. But the preview has her in it so that has me excited. I'll reserve my full judgment until I get my hands on it though.

@jhazzroucher said:

@itsdaveyj said:

It is. The look comes from the time where Storm and the X-Men go into Shi'ar space to help Xavier, and she encountered the warskrulls. Here is an image of her look back at that time...

@poisonfleur said:

THIS LOOKS EPIC

YYYAAASSS :-)....Coipel is awesome and is the BEST artist when it comes to drawing Storm.

#8 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7282 posts) - - Show Bio

CoipelStorm giving me life. How i have missed the touch of the X-Progenitors. A group of writers who actually care about the characters and stories that they're delving into (that is, of course, if the current Marvel creative team hasn't left sour tastes in all of their mouths).

#9 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

I dunno if I would say Coipel is the BEST Storm artist but he draws a pretty awesome looking Storm. A little to thin for my vision of her personally, but he always makes her look fierce. Not sure if I like how he draws her with a mane when she has long hair though.

#10 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14594 posts) - - Show Bio

No, Superman is gold.

#11 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

@itsdaveyj said:

It's a one-shot book. I WISH it was an on going. What I would give to have Claremont return to the X-Men.

This book will be new classic and canon stories of the X-Men, so that is awesome. Storm was not mentioned in the solicit so I was initially unsure that she would be in the book, and that was surprising to me considering we are talking the awesome all-father of Storm is the writing this. But the preview has her in it so that has me excited. I'll reserve my full judgment until I get my hands on it though.

@jhazzroucher said:

@itsdaveyj said:

It is. The look comes from the time where Storm and the X-Men go into Shi'ar space to help Xavier, and she encountered the warskrulls. Here is an image of her look back at that time...

@poisonfleur said:

THIS LOOKS EPIC

YYYAAASSS :-)....Coipel is awesome and is the BEST artist when it comes to drawing Storm.

loving this costume!

#12 Edited by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknightdetective said:

No, Superman is gold.

Don't BRING THAT FILTH in here. As I SAID STORM IS GOLD and does it a lot better than than Clark could ever dream

PRAISES be to the ALL-GODDESS

#13 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

@darkknightdetective said:

No, Superman is gold.

Don't BRING THAT FILTH in here. As I SAID STORM IS GOLD and does it a lot better than than Clark could ever dream

PRAISES be to the ALL-GODDESS

Ahahahaha! Clever! : )

#14 Edited by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio
#15 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio
#16 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a little concerned now... Yes she is on the cover but on Marvel.com it says this:
"Experience an untold, in-continuity story of the X-Men featuring Cyclops, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, and Rogue!"

No mention of Storm.

#17 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

@itsdaveyj: She is there don't worry. She is shown in the preview pages.

#18 Posted by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm a little concerned now... Yes she is on the cover but on Marvel.com it says this:

"Experience an untold, in-continuity story of the X-Men featuring Cyclops, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, Colossus, Kitty Pryde, and Rogue!"

No mention of Storm.

@itsdaveyj: She is there don't worry. She is shown in the preview pages.

Yeah I am confused too..

#19 Edited by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

No mention of Storm.

I will not worry. She will be there.

#20 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10313 posts) - - Show Bio

No mention of Storm.

Here is the preview link in case you have not seen it.

http://www.newsarama.com/19318-x-men-gold-1-first-look.html

She is there but I share your concern too. I'm not sure what kind of focus we can expect since the solicit didn't include her on the roster :-/. If not for the preview I wouldn't get this book.

#21 Edited by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah that is my concern too. She might not be as big of a presence as I had initially hoped.

#22 Edited by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah that is my concern too. She might not be as big of a presence as I had initially hoped.

we'll see

#23 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

I like the hair. This interests me.

#24 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmmmm.... Perhaps it kinda fits her costume

#25 Edited by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

@passionflower said:

Fits the outfit and let's face it I've always hated the mohawk.

#26 Edited by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@passionflower said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@passionflower said:

I like her current mohawk where it is a bit longer in the back. Her old mohawk did not impress me xD

#27 Edited by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

@passionflower said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@passionflower said:

I like her current mohawk where it is a bit longer in the back. Her old mohawk did not impress me xD

hmmm.. sort of i kind agree with you

#28 Edited by Malachi_Munroe (1609 posts) - - Show Bio

storm with short hair is sexier to me....something like the comic book version of amber rose , she looks good with long or short...but short hair suits her more @butterflykyss what exactly does the whole gold thing mean?

#29 Edited by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

storm with short hair is sexier to me....something like the comic book version of amber rose , she looks good with long or short...but short hair suits her more @butterflykyss what exactly does the whole gold thing mean?

the long white hair is best for Storm, then the mohawk

#30 Posted by mikex20 (2769 posts) - - Show Bio

Is this going to be untold stories from the X-Men's past, or revisiting classic stories?

#31 Edited by poisonfleur (3028 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikex20 said:

Is this going to be untold stories from the X-Men's past, or revisiting classic stories?

That's what I would like to know.

#32 Edited by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

@mikex20 said:

That's what I would like to know.

i don't know

#33 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

So if you haven't read the Xmen Gold book I would highly recommend it. There were two stories in the book that featured her and she was shown mad love. In the first story (by Chris Claremont), she was able to destroy a fleet of sentinels on earth the xmen were battling as well as sense and destroy a fleet of sentinels in space that were attacking the Starjammers ship. It was a great read, definitely a must buy.

#34 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10313 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss: Agreed. Claremont gave X-Fans a nice touch of the 80's for the 50 year anniversary of X-Men. So much better than BotA.

#35 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

By the way kyss, there's a gold Storm in 616. I just couldn't get scan of it.

#36 Posted by _Sojourn_ (19243 posts) - - Show Bio

I was about to pick it up, but the artwork on the inside was a turn off. They made her look like a man...and not a Drag Queen which is how I like my Storm...Fishy

#37 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10313 posts) - - Show Bio

I was about to pick it up, but the artwork on the inside was a turn off. They made her look like a man...and not a Drag Queen which is how I like my Storm...Fishy

Lol...

Yeah I had mixed feelings on the McLeod art. I thought it was decent but Storm didn't look fishy. It was a good read though.

#38 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

lol : )

#39 Posted by jhazzroucher (15580 posts) - - Show Bio

So if you haven't read the Xmen Gold book I would highly recommend it. There were two stories in the book that featured her and she was shown mad love. In the first story (by Chris Claremont), she was able to destroy a fleet of sentinels on earth the xmen were battling as well as sense and destroy a fleet of sentinels in space that were attacking the Starjammers ship. It was a great read, definitely a must buy.

This is really an awesome feat. : )

#40 Posted by RulerOfThisUniverse (6272 posts) - - Show Bio

So are seven other characters on the cover alone. There's no need to make (or bump) a thread for each one.

#41 Posted by marlexcabanilla (105 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually Storm is not gold but Life