• 62 results
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#51  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I don't really get what they mean by "greatest" if this is how the list turns out. Of course as a Storm fan you're thrilled if she makes top 5 but when she's below Nightcrawler, Beast, & Kitty Pryde and somehow above Cyclops & Wolverine..the lines become blurred as to what the criteria actually is for the rankings. I feel like Kitty is getting the 1st spot by being relatable to the smallest portion of the readership, while a character like Wolverine has actually been the face of the team. That's cool that Kitty reps for the Teen Girls, and the Jewish people but Wolverine is actually selling books. What's "greater" than that? Relatability that isn't actually effecting the scope of the readership? I mean Storm has probably brought alot of women in to comics in general, definitely alot more than Kitty has but she's #1? Maybe i'm missing something.

ItsDaveyJ

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I listened to the podcast Marvel made and it seems like a lot of the people who did the voting grew up reading comics in the Kitty Pryde/Jubilee eras. Probably a natural bias.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 30

Storm should of been lower

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#54  Edited By RustyRoy

This list failed when Cyclops and Wolverine missed the top 3.

Top 2 dude, These two are the face of the X-Men.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cyclops I can understand but not Wolverine. He is a "face" for the X-Men because he sells more than any of the X-Men. That's about it. If we look at their overall contributions to the X-Men I think Storm has done a lot more than Kitty, Nightcrawler, Beast and Wolverine. Who can sell a book is one thing, though Storm isn't a slouch there anyway, but I don't think that makes them necessarily the "greatest" of the X-Men.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 137

i was gonna complain about how jacked up the list was....then i saw high Kurt was......now im not so miffed about it.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#57  Edited By Wolverine008
butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@rustyroy said:

@wolverine08 said:

This list failed when Cyclops and Wolverine missed the top 3.

Top 2 dude, These two are the face of the X-Men.

I don't really get what they mean by "greatest" if this is how the list turns out. Of course as a Storm fan you're thrilled if she makes top 5 but when she's below Nightcrawler, Beast, & Kitty Pryde and somehow above Cyclops & Wolverine..the lines become blurred as to what the criteria actually is for the rankings. I feel like Kitty is getting the 1st spot by being relatable to the smallest portion of the readership, while a character like Wolverine has actually been the face of the team. That's cool that Kitty reps for the Teen Girls, and the Jewish people but Wolverine is actually selling books. What's "greater" than that? Relatability that isn't actually effecting the scope of the readership? I mean Storm has probably brought alot of women in to comics in general, definitely alot more than Kitty has but she's #1? Maybe i'm missing something.

I agree with you.

I don't think relatability is really relatability for Kitty and to real people. I mean she's like the most human but sometimes it's exaggeration. She's been also highest among the x-men in ranking in Wizard Magazine's top 200 greatest heroes , and the highest ranking female character on the list, but I just don't see a good reason why she's there. She's not that popular especially to non-readers and she hasn't been exposed much in other forms of media.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#60 vance_astro  Moderator

@jhazzroucher said:

I agree with you.

I don't think relatability is really relatability for Kitty and to real people. I mean she's like the most human but sometimes it's exaggeration. She's been also highest among the x-men in ranking in Wizard Magazine's top 200 greatest heroes , and the highest ranking female character on the list, but I just don't see a good reason why she's there. She's not that popular especially to non-readers and she hasn't been exposed much in other forms of media.

I don't get it either. She's like the 12th character I think of when I think of the x-men.

batmannflash

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 30

@batmannflash: how low should she have been?

I'm not sure, to be honest. I'm not a Storm fan but I think it's fair to say that Wolverine, Cyclops, Professor X, and probably Beast should have been higher than her. Jean Grey and Rogue as well (but only maybe). I would personally put Kitty above her as well but she's as important as Storm.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#62  Edited By butterflykyss

@butterflykyss said:

I'm not sure, to be honest. I'm not a Storm fan but I think it's fair to say that Wolverine, Cyclops, Professor X, and probably Beast should have been higher than her. Jean Grey and Rogue as well (but only maybe). I would personally put Kitty above her as well but she's as important as Storm.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion... just glad its not similar to those who created this and other lists that preceded this one.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@butterflykyss said:

Wolverine and Cyclops, I would accept it, but Prof X and Beast, no.