Storm getting her own new Monthly series?

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

If you remember she a few mini-series and now apparently she is about to get a new Monthly

According to Bleeding Cool

A New Monthly Comic For Storm?

There’s more X-stuff leaking out from last week’s Marvel Retreat.

The big one is word of a new Storm series.

No idea of the creative team, but the last to work on a Storm comic for Marvel were Warren Ellis and Terry Dodson.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Here is the actual link to the article.. post via CBR.

Cheers and hopefully this is true my fellow RAINDROPS!!! Keep hope alive where ever this message may find you

Storm's SOLO??

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would be surprised but very pleased so yeah I definitely support it.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By butterflykyss

Yes it is about freaking time she definitely deserves one. If she does finally get one this will shut all the haters up who said she couldn't do it!!!

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By GrenadeFlow

I doubt it would last more than 15 issues

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By abaldo

hey i new here, :) js

i really hope the look at new powers, like elemental form or magic :)

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By butterflykyss

I doubt it would last more than 15 issues

Time will tell now won't it?

@abaldo said:

hey i new here, :) js

i really hope the look at new powers, like elemental form or magic :)

welcome to the forum!! and I hope they explore her magical potential as well!!!

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This would MAKE MY YEAR! HELL MY FREAKIN' DECADE if this is the case. My a$$ will be buying 10 issues at a time to support it lol. I think with the right writing team and book premise her solo could be a success. And I am sure we could get Coipel for a good minute on the book. His Storm is arguably my favorite. BUT while I would LOVE for this to be true, and would pay ridiculous amounts of money for her solo, cautious optimism is probably prudent here.

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would SO READ a Storm solo book. I hope this comes true :)

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

Oh brilliant another Storm book that's going to get short acclaim before fading into obscurity and get cancelled. Matter of time for this to happen. I really don't see the appeal of Storm or why a C lister at best deserves a title of her own.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger said:

Oh brilliant another Storm book that's going to get short acclaim before fading into obscurity and get cancelled. Matter of time for this to happen. I really don't see the appeal of Storm or why a C lister at best deserves a title of her own.

Welp, looks like somebody just put a target on their back for Storm fans to go at.

dondave

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dondave: @lvenger: Storm is like Marvel's Wonder Woman. Sure botH deserve to be C-Listers, botH are HIGHLY overrated but tHey're tHe biggest Heroines Marvel and DC got.

#THeMoreYouKnow

-ABstract4$$#073-

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really don't want Storm to get a solo series unless Marvel truly wants to give Her a solid pusH. SHe totally deserves a solid team beHind Her. SHe needs like a consistent team like Fraction and Ajas.

SHe needs a clear direction and a solid team or else, I don't want it.

-ABstract4$$#073-

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@m3th: Wonder Woman is an interesting, iconic and complex character though. She deserves to be given as much praise as possible. The same cannot be said for Storm whose fans are one of the main reasons why I dislike the character in fact.

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@m3th: Wonder Woman is an interesting, iconic and complex character though. She deserves to be given as much praise as possible. The same cannot be said for Storm whose fans are one of the main reasons why I dislike the character in fact.

That's a matter of opinion. I think Wonder Woman is just one of those things (iconic) and I would take Storm over her any day. And hating a character because you dislike his/her fans is just moronic, sorry.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

That's a matter of opinion. I think Wonder Woman is just one of those things (iconic) and I would take Storm over her any day. And hating a character because you dislike his/her fans is just moronic, sorry.

Have you seen the Storm fans on here? How ridiculous they are and how whiny and aggressive they can be? Oh wait you probably are one of those people so convincing you of that isn't going to happen I imagine. In any case, if you have an objective view of Storm fans, you can easily see why they turn people off a character so easily.

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

@lvenger said:

@mechem_93 said:
@lvenger said:

Have you seen the Storm fans on here? How ridiculous they are and how whiny and aggressive they can be? Oh wait you probably are one of those people so convincing you of that isn't going to happen I imagine. In any case, if you have an objective view of Storm fans, you can easily see why they turn people off a character so easily.

The Storm fans on here are loco!

Fus_Bro_Dah

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Fus_Bro_Dah

@lvenger said:

While I agree with this post, I don't agree that she's C-List. Storm is a solid B.

Having said that, if Lady Sif (who is a far more interesting character, imo) who has the entire giant of Asgardian culture/lore behind her, can get her book canceled, what makes people think that Storm (who has next to nothing) is going to have a long lasting book? How any more low selling Storm-centric books does it take, before people get that she's better off as a teammate? Which isn't THAT bad, as not every character is solo worthy.

RustyRoy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: If any of the rumor I've heard about Storm fans on this site is true, then you, sir, are a badass.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@rustyroy said:

@lvenger: If any of the rumor I've heard about Storm fans on this site is true, then you, sir, are a badass.

(bows) Why thank you good sir :)

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@rustyroy said:

Storm fans are the main reason why i dislike the character so much.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By kidchipotle

@lvenger said:

@mechem_93 said:
@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

M3th

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger: "Wonder Woman is an interesting […] and complex character though."

^Opinions^.

Funny How one can say SwampTHing's/Superman's/Batman's/Wolverine's fans Have ruined tHe cHaracter for tHem, but anotHer person will say tHat is foolisH.

Yet, for one to dislike" Storm because of Her Raindrops, it's ok.

Once anotHer tries to defend Storm tHat user is apparently a Raindrop as well.

And attacking tHe user/debater/person ratHer tHan tHe concept/idea/subject always is tHe best strategy.

June'sVeryOwn

mechem_93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@mechem_93 said:
@lvenger said:

I'm fairly new to the forum so no I can't say I have but aren't most hardcore fans of any given character annoying and whiny?

Avatar image for deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324
deactivated-5a77aa5e0a324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@mechem_93 said:
@lvenger said:

I am a bit afraid of the Storm fans too, but I also still like the character and see potential in her. Also, surprisingly enough, the Storm threads have been A LOT more pleasant than the Wonder Woman forums lately.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By abaldo

@m3th said:

@lvenger: "Wonder Woman is an interesting […] and complex character though."

^Opinions^.

Funny How one can say SwampTHing's/Superman's/Batman's/Wolverine's fans Have ruined tHe cHaracter for tHem, but anotHer person will say tHat is foolisH.

Yet, for one to dislike" Storm because of Her Raindrops, it's ok.

Once anotHer tries to defend Storm tHat user is apparently a Raindrop as well.

And attacking tHe user/debater/person ratHer tHan tHe concept/idea/subject always is tHe best strategy.

June'sVeryOwn

<3

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By butterflykyss

Hmmm.. its funny how users are talking about how annoying and aggressive we Raindrops are in Storm's forum, yet NONE of the Raidrops have said anything crazy in response to this. Don't believe the hype, we are passionate about Storm yes, but always classy and respectful even when we are trolled. Anyways, carry on this news of her possible solo trumps all foolishness spoken about her and her fans.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hmmm.. its funny how users are talking about how annoying and aggressive we Raindrops are in Storm's forum, yet NONE of the Raidrops have said anything crazy in response to this. Don't believe the hype, we are passionate about Storm yes, but always classy and respectful even when we are trolled. Anyways, carry on this news of her possible solo trumps all foolishness spoken about her and her fans.

Quoted for truth

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mechem_93: Don't end up like the fans on here then. I've never been put off a character mainly by the fans (s)he has yet Storm has achieved that feat in of the type of fans she attracts on here. And that's saying something considering the Bat fanboys and Thor fanboys on here.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#31  Edited By Roddy010

@lvenger: Smh to come on a characters forum just to whine about her fans and aggressively spread your pretentious opinion as fact. See the irony here? I can respect your opinion but to deliberately spread nonsense over your dislike for her fans screams butt hurt to me. It's cool if you don't like Storm but no one asked your opinion about her fans.

As far as the thread goes this is great news. With the right team behind this, I see a lot of great story-telling potential. For those of you who don't know the character. Storm has a very complex and often neglected background. Her connection to the Avengers, Wakanda, FF4, as well as her mystical connection could all make for great development for the character. Under the Prn of Claremont, Wood, Ellis or Yost I think the book will sell just fine also considering the fact that she has such a grand dedicated fan base.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@roddy010: Amen!! I fInd pretty chIldesh to hate a character because of the fan base who have nothIng to do with the character but speak very hIghly of her.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

As a Storm fan I have to say those on this site are some very cool people which is why I frequent it and avoid some others. So we will have our little fun :)

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

...anyway back to the hoped for Storm title. A good writer can make any title work much less a great character like Storm. Hoping for a stellar creative team.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@lvenger said:

@mechem_93 said:
@lvenger said:

@rustyroy said:

Storm fans are the main reason why i dislike the character so much.

Why hate a subject//object because other people likes it? It does make sense. You should like a subject/object because you like it and for no other reason. Disliking something because somebody likes it is as hollow as to like something because other people does. You should like a subject/object because of the subject/object itself not for other subjects attach to the subject itself.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

I hope this is true. I'll definitely buy 2 copies or more per issue.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By jhazzroucher

so true. They're the ones coming to this forum and just say something to create a flamewar

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#39  Edited By poisonfleur

@lvenger said:

Considering Storm is more popular than Wonder Woman, Red or Green She-Hulk, Batgirl, Batwoman, Gambit, Black Panther or even Captain Marvel... I don't see you bashing all these others undeserving titles-- What makes Storm so special? -- Oh wait--

No Caption Provided
nochestorm67

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher:

Its just so sad these press trolls have the time and energy to bash on another Super hero forum...I mean I only come here for Storm and not Ironman, Batman, or whatever. So sad

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mechem_93 said:
@lvenger said:

Considering Storm is more popular than Wonder Woman, Red or Green She-Hulk, Batgirl, Batwoman, Gambit, Black Panther or even Captain Marvel... I don't see you bashing all these others undeserving titles-- What makes Storm so special? -- Oh wait--

No Caption Provided

Storm fans need to stop saying this. All the characters listed have all been able to keep ongoings(Besides Gambit Red She-Hulk), Storm's mini sold terribly so Marvel are more likely to use what works. Storm will never be more popular than Wonder Woman.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@poisonfleur said:

@mechem_93 said:
@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

Storm fans need to stop saying this. All the characters listed have all been able to keep ongoings(Besides Gambit Red She-Hulk), Storm's mini sold terribly so Marvel are more likely to use what works. Storm will never be more popular than Wonder Woman.

NOt having an ongoing doesn't mean we don't deserve to say it because on other forms of media, in number of appearances, Storm has more.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow said:

@poisonfleur said:

@mechem_93 said:
@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

NOt having an ongoing doesn't mean we don't deserve to say it because on other forms of media, in number of appearances, Storm has more.

Storm is a team player she doesn't deserve a solo the same way Jean Grey doesn't or Iceman or Kitty etc.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@poisonfleur said:

@mechem_93 said:
@lvenger said:

No Caption Provided

Storm is a team player she doesn't deserve a solo the same way Jean Grey doesn't or Iceman or Kitty etc.

Yes she does. Yes she does. Yes she does.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Agreed. Storm being in a team book doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a chance at a solo title. Gambit, Rogue, Emma Frost, and Dazzler all are primarily team book characters but all were given a shot at a solo (I think Gambit got 3 shots). And most of the character Poison listed did NOT keep a solo ongoing. Most of those books were cancelled because the sales weren't there for them, with She-Hulk selling the best of the Marvel characters listed, and that's only because she is a female version of a much more popular male version of the character. And from I read from some posters that touched base with Marvel editorial on CBR Storms mini's sold well in comparison to other mini-series titles.

Storm definitely deserves a shot at a solo book.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By jhazzroucher

@thunderbolt30 said:

@jhazzroucher: Agreed. Storm being in a team book doesn't mean she doesn't deserve a chance at a solo title. Gambit, Rogue, Emma Frost, and Dazzler all are primarily team book characters but all were given a shot at a solo (I think Gambit got 3 shots). And most of the character Poison listed did NOT keep a solo ongoing. Most of those books were cancelled because the sales weren't there for them, with She-Hulk selling the best of the Marvel characters listed, and that's only because she is a female version of a much more popular male version of the character. And from I read from some posters that touched base with Marvel editorial on CBR Storms mini's sold well in comparison to other mini-series titles.

Storm definitely deserves a shot at a solo book.

Indeed

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not just as a Storm fan do I believe she should have a solo shot. I think she is an expansive character far more so than most X characters with a lot of story to tell. All X characters simply don't bring to the table her level of sheer in story substance.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Here is to hoping this news is true!

No Caption Provided

And in case you didn't get it the first time...^^^ Here it is again.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Here is to hoping this news is true!

No Caption Provided

And in case you didn't get it the first time...^^^ Here it is again.

Awesome! More please! : )