Storm discussion

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@malachi_munroe: yeah she was 24 because it marked her birth year as "1951" and she joined in 1975. the actual years of course is irrelevant but the time is what counts. About the energy perception though I'm glad you brought that up because good ole Chris Claremont always said weather control was just a piece of the puzzle concerning her powers. I believe she can manipulate all of natures energies beyond the weather. Just like magneto could manipulate volcanos because of the correlation to it's magnetism storm could do the same because everything in nature is affected by the weather...so even if she just manipulates the effects the weather has on whatever it is she could still find a way to control it.

If it pertains to life/nature in the slightest..its hers to toy with, i think in XXM, the powers of her Alternate self evolved to the point where she could manipulate plants/heal worlds.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: I need you to know that I hollered at that gif lmfaoo

Glad you liked it lol. That gif cracked me up to no end.

@pattilabellestormfan said:

@malachi_munroe: yes! Charles was her father despite their differences at times. She clearly loved him dearly and cherished the man. We're probably here envisioning all these wonderful things for nothing but...In the unlikelyness that we aren't, I'm looking forward to seeing storm really let loose and wrap some weather patterns to make some stuff really happen!

especially the bold! i LOVE that they gave her multiple ways she can use her powers! she can either

1. Set up the conditions instantly to make certain phenomenon happen.
  2. Shift different patterns from elsewhere and bring them to her location.
  3. Manipulate the energies themselves i.e kinetic energy for her flight (Her manipulation of this source would make her a good teammate for gambit..this team would be deadly, and given that she bonds with basically whatever the hell is around her..she has near infinite range..her limit is basically her location and her body.)
  4. Straight up manipulate the molecules around her as i think it was Yost that said "Molecules re-arrange themselves to form storm clouds at her will, that is a powerful concept that we haven't had time to explore" or something like that.

Nice :-). And the bold was Jason Latour (current WatX writer).

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: lol you know me enough to know that i don't ever get names right! XD

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

@malachi_munroe: yeah she was 24 because it marked her birth year as "1951" and she joined in 1975. the actual years of course is irrelevant but the time is what counts. About the energy perception though I'm glad you brought that up because good ole Chris Claremont always said weather control was just a piece of the puzzle concerning her powers. I believe she can manipulate all of natures energies beyond the weather. Just like magneto could manipulate volcanos because of the correlation to it's magnetism storm could do the same because everything in nature is affected by the weather...so even if she just manipulates the effects the weather has on whatever it is she could still find a way to control it.

Are you sure Storm's birthyear was mentioned in the comics? What I remember only was that she was 24 when she joined the X-men.

Avatar image for pattilabellestormfan
PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Positive. #102 of Uncanny X-Men "Who will stop the juggernaut"

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any other fans with CBR accounts, storm and Jean are the ONLY ones remaining, vote for storm in the popularity contest!

Vote For Ororo.

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9760  Edited By Malachi_Munroe
whos with me!?
whos with me!?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

any other fans with CBR accounts, storm and Jean are the ONLY ones remaining, vote for storm in the popularity contest!

Vote For Ororo.

I already did that. Jean won

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: i wont lie...this gif made me want a professional athlete

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

So, does anyone else realize how awesome it was for Storm to create a localized heat wave and drought!!'nn

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So, does anyone else realize how awesome it was for Storm to create a localized heat wave and drought!!'nn

that heatwave was just ...*fangasms*

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can anyone tell me where Storm supposedly picked up Thor's hammer? I'm looking for the actual book reference. (Not the Asgard War series where Loki has the dwarves make a replica of the hammer.) I realize it may be in this thread somewhere but that's a lot of pages to dig through.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9768  Edited By Malachi_Munroe

@numi said:

Can anyone tell me where Storm supposedly picked up Thor's hammer? I'm looking for the actual book reference. (Not the Asgard War series where Loki has the dwarves make a replica of the hammer.) I realize it may be in this thread somewhere but that's a lot of pages to dig through.

No Caption Provided

Hes still holding it though..he said "what?" so my guess is, he probably wasn't looking for it to move..but we don't really know for sure what happened.

numi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi said:

No Caption Provided

Hes still holding it though..he said "what?" so my guess is, he probably wasn't looking for it to move..but we don't really know for sure what happened.

Ahh, thank you.

Avatar image for pattilabellestormfan
PattiLaBelleStormfan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9772  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

I thought this was f$%&ing AWESOME! loved it! I was mostly disappointed with Wood's run when it came to Storm, but that scene gave a big fangasm and made up for a lot of that disappointment:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Oh and I'm checking in - did you get my PM the other night?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30: monet is SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO me!

Lol you are much sweeter than her, but she and her arrogant snark is starting to grow on me.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9776  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@malachi_munroe: just posting this for the CV fans who don't frequent CBR...

No Caption Provided

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

anyone who is an expert on elemental powers please tell me what meggan is doing here? and what is she surrounding herself with?! She recently appeared in the x-force issue….

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

anyone who is an expert on elemental powers please tell me what meggan is doing here? and what is she surrounding herself with?! She recently appeared in the x-force issue….

looks like some kind of elemental energy shield..

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In case no one has seen this poll and would like to go vote here us the link:

http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/4060-3173/forums/emma-frost-or-storm-1602465/#67

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9782  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@abaldo: hey Abaldo :-)! Long time no chat. I hope all is well. I had the same question when I read this X- Force issue and is one the reasons Why I miss Claremont (he at least explains). Spurrier doesn't explain and this new to me. I don't think it's a shield since it didn't block any attacks or keep anyone out.

I've never seen her do it before and I'm not sure what it is. I don't think it's a shield because both Psylocke and Marrow went right through it with no problem. I assume it's a sphere of elemental energy and it's allowing her to defend against Betsy's psychic somehow, though she still was taken out via Marrow. I think she is still extremely vulnerable to psionic attacks.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: hey Abaldo :-)! Long time no chat. I hope all is well. I had the same question when I read this X- Force issue and is one the reasons Why I miss Claremont (he at least explains). Spurrier doesn't explain and this new to me. I don't think it's a shield since it didn't block any attacks or keep anyone out.

I've never seen her do it before and I'm not sure what it is. I don't think it's a shield because both Psylocke and Marrow went right through it with no problem. I assume it's a sphere of elemental energy and it's allowing her to defend against Betsy's psychic somehow, though she still was taken out via Marrow. I think she is still extremely vulnerable to psionic attacks.

Interesting..i wonder how strong her willpower is now though, didn't she take control of Dracula's followers without him knowing at one point?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

In case no one has seen this poll and would like to go vote here us the link:

http://www.comicvine.com/x-men/4060-3173/forums/emma-frost-or-storm-1602465/#67

I already voted!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

where have you been?

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9786  Edited By abaldo

No Caption Provided

I don't think marrow toke her down…tbh i actually do not know what took her down or how? plus she was deflecting bullets from that guy with the skull (forgot his name). But i literally fan girl'd when the writer was showing how powerful she was!! what is frustrating is how easily she got took down! what? and howww?

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

No Caption Provided

I don't think marrow toke her down…tbh i actually do not know what took her down or how? plus she was deflecting bullets from that guy with the skull (forgot his name). But i literally fan girl'd when the writer was showing how powerful she was!! what is frustrating is how easily she got took down! what? and howww?

Yeah Spurrier should have done a better job explaining on panel. From what I got from the issue Betsy used Meggan's empathic sensitivity against her by channeling Marrow's crazy and extreme emotions to overwhelm her.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

No Caption Provided

Yeah Spurrier should have done a better job explaining on panel. From what I got from the issue Betsy used Meggan's empathic sensitivity against her by channeling Marrow's crazy and extreme emotions to overwhelm her.

this is the women who reached an empathic links to other people through dimensions and alternate realities! I don't think marrows emotions will overwhelm her! but good theory. Never thought of it that way. PIS to me!

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@numi: you're welcome! ^_^

@pattilabellestormfan said:

@malachi_munroe: I love how Storm didn't say a WORD! Baaaaaad!

lmao i found it a bit..idk that kinda awesomely weird and scary..

it was showing her resolve to resist the temptation offered by Stormcaller. She could very easily have allowed the power to overwhelm her and revel in it... as a legitimate goddess - for with that hammer she is essentially Sthorm, and a goddess.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@devilsgrin81: and she should have schooled the X-men with unbridled fury XD

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know you miss me. I miss you too abaldo. hahaha :)

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We should all be on the lookout for the lettered preview for Storm #3 tomorrow.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9794  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

We should all be on the lookout for the lettered preview for Storm #3 tomorrow.

Found it! :)

I would love this to be Storm's mask if she needs to hide her identity.

No Caption Provided

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9795  Edited By jhazzroucher

here's the Storm #3 lettered preview: www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.php?p=1521975&postcount=1

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

here's the Storm #3 lettered preview: www.buzzcomics.net/showpost.php?p=1521975&postcount=1

Post the pages Jhazz :-)

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

Whyyyyy did they change artists!????? Especially since this one's with her and Forge :(

_Sojourn_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 4

YAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9799  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

Whyyyyy did they change artists!????? Especially since this one's with her and Forge :(

why are there two artists in one issue?

stormivycarter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loading Video...

Thought this was cute you can tell the creator is an Storm lover.