#1 Edited by poisonfleur (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

And All the Storm fans stood up and applauded (and Brian Wood knows it.) This scene was Hilarious. Tons of us Storm fans were waiting for the words: 'Storm and the X-men' to be in comics. Too bad it was short lived though. Although Storm as the leader of the X-men hasn't been this good since Claremont wrote her. Brian Wood really does listen to the fans and cares a great deal about Storm, Jubilee, Rachel, Kitty, Psylocke and Rogue. XX-men is, hands down, one of the most interesting books in not only the X-books, but in Marvel altogether.

Long live Storm and the X-men!

#2 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

Does this really honestly need a thread? Not saying it's a bad comic or anything(I still need to read it, work is stealing all my time) but if we make a thread for every "Lol, funny Storm" moment then this forum is gonna just get even more clogged up and it could end up causing problems in the future.

#3 Posted by jhazzroucher (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite said:

Does this really honestly need a thread? Not saying it's a bad comic or anything(I still need to read it, work is stealing all my time) but if we make a thread for every "Lol, funny Storm" moment then this forum is gonna just get even more clogged up and it could end up causing problems in the future.

I see other threads that are less necessary than this on other characters forums but nobody complains. So why just complain here? If you can ignore other threads then you should be able ignore this too.

And once again if you think this thread is unnecessary, the creator thinks otherwise. Me too.

#4 Edited by jhazzroucher (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

And All the Storm fans stood up and applauded (and Brian Wood knows it.) This scene was Hilarious. Tons of us Storm fans were waiting for the words: 'Storm and the X-men' to be in comics. Too bad it was short lived though. Although Storm as the leader of the X-men hasn't been this good since Claremont wrote her. Brian Wood really does listen to the fans and cares a great deal about Storm, Jubilee, Rachel, Kitty, Psylocke and Rogue. XX-men is, hands down, one of the most interesting books in not only the X-books, but in Marvel altogether.

Long live Storm and the X-men!

I didn't know this. I love Rachel now for saying that statement. Hehehe. Maybe Storm and the X-men is really in the works before they could really give Storm her own ongoing.

#5 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by knighthood (1745 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I didn't like this interaction and that phrase meant nothing to me. No need for a phrase to validate Storm's standing with the group since she has been a leader several times over and over.

#7 Posted by poisonfleur (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

Not to be a crazed Storm fan, but I've seen post created over sentences with less words. For example 'Aaand Scene!' from All-New X-men with Emma and Cuckoos. I understand what you are saying, but the issues was great and it was a bit of a central theme/issue that gets somewhat of a resolve at the end. Plus, I am sure a lot of Storm fans really appreciated it. :)

#8 Posted by poisonfleur (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

Honestly, I didn't like this interaction and that phrase meant nothing to me. No need for a phrase to validate Storm's standing with the group since she has been a leader several times over and over.

It's interesting how her leadership is always coming into question. The reason why this irks me a little bit, is not because Rachel or Colossus are wrong to question her. It's because everybody on Utopia followed Cyclops blindly into AvX. I find Storm and Xavier two of the most well-balanced leaders of the X-men. Scott and Emma are very cut-to-the-goal oriented, but they can be sketchy. Wolverine-- Ehh I am still wondering why he is the leader.... I guess he has got heart and Storm did appoint him leader back in the 80s.

But back on topic. It's funny because a lot of Storm fans consider XX-men to be Storm and the X-men (even though it's turning out to be Jubilee & Shogo and the X-men. LOL)

#9 Posted by jhazzroucher (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

@knighthood said:

It's interesting how her leadership is always coming into question. The reason why this irks me a little bit, is not because Rachel or Colossus are wrong to question her. It's because everybody on Utopia followed Cyclops blindly into AvX. I find Storm and Xavier two of the most well-balanced leaders of the X-men. Scott and Emma are very cut-to-the-goal oriented, but they can be sketchy. Wolverine-- Ehh I am still wondering why he is the leader.... I guess he has got heart and Storm did appoint him leader back in the 80s.

But back on topic. It's funny because a lot of Storm fans consider XX-men to be Storm and the X-men (even though it's turning out to be Jubilee & Shogo and the X-men. LOL)

Still I think it's something that Wood actually intended to do to at least make us Storm fans smile.

#10 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

Yeah, in context it seemed more like a put-down, ostensibly implying she's the most prominent, but with the backhanded alternate interpretation that Storm is not one of them. Typical grousing about the bossy boss stuff, but it seemed odd to me. That's not how I think of Rachel.

#11 Posted by poisonfleur (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@knighthood said:

Still I think it's something that Wood actually intended to do to at least make us Storm fans smile.

Agreed Jhazz. If you love or hate Storm, this line is great either way. :)

#12 Posted by poisonfleur (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@knighthood said:

Yeah, in context it seemed more like a put-down, ostensibly implying she's the most prominent, but with the backhanded alternate interpretation that Storm is not one of them. Typical grousing about the bossy boss stuff, but it seemed odd to me. That's not how I think of Rachel.

Rachel has always been a little feisty every now and then. Although are you really surprised by Rachel's reaction especially after last issue? One of Rachel's strong points as a character is that she lost her mother, Jean. And for Storm to make a tactical decision resulting in possibly killing a possessed x-men character would really strike a nerve. Say for example... What if it was Jean instead of Karima?

#13 Posted by fodigg (6136 posts) - - Show Bio

@fodigg said:

@knighthood said:

Rachel has always been a little feisty every now and then. Although are you really surprised by Rachel's reaction especially after last issue? One of Rachel's strong points as a character is that she lost her mother, Jean. And for Storm to make a tactical decision resulting in possibly killing a possessed x-men character would really strike a nerve. Say for example... What if it was Jean instead of Karima?

Unless Rachel could sense Karima in there—and if I'm recalling correctly she couldn't sense her at all—I'm not sure I see the association with Jean. Of course, this could be seen as an "X-Men don't kill" thing, but that has been really inconsistent in recent years.

#14 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

So I read the issue and this scene isn't even funny, it's clearly a set up for team drama and Storm basically saying she'll kill anyone on the team if she has to. I don't know how in character that is but I wouldn't consider it "funny" in any way.

#15 Posted by jhazzroucher (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

So I read the issue and this scene isn't even funny, it's clearly a set up for team drama and Storm basically saying she'll kill anyone on the team if she has to. I don't know how in character that is but I wouldn't consider it "funny" in any way.

She said that? Unbelievable.

#16 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite said:

Not outright, but she said if there was a situation with like what happened in the last issue she would indeed go for the kill on any one of her allies if she felt she had to.

I feel like her saving Rogue was suppose to make up for it, but it didn't really do it for me.

#17 Posted by jhazzroucher (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@decoyelite said:

Not outright, but she said if there was a situation with like what happened in the last issue she would indeed go for the kill on any one of her allies if she felt she had to.

I feel like her saving Rogue was suppose to make up for it, but it didn't really do it for me.

If she has to... Hmmm I think I can accept it. Maybe she wanted to tell the team to kill her if they have to.

#18 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Well she only said it to Rachel because Rachel was the one who had a big problem with the incident in the last issue. Or at least Rachel was the only vocal one.

#19 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite said:

It was inferred by Rachel's comments.

#20 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio
#21 Posted by jhazzroucher (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@decoyelite said:

It was inferred by Rachel's comments.

Thanks a lot. : )

#22 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio
#23 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx: Lol, no problem. Although looking back over it maybe she meant that she wouldn't go for the kill given how the situation last issue went down.
But the overall way the conversation was going makes that seem unlikely.

#24 Edited by MagnificentStorm (1420 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Thats not what it meant. Storm would never treat to kill a teammate over something like this. but she will make sure they know who will make the finally decision. anyway she was just making sure that rachel remembers who would win in a fight.

#25 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx:

Lol, no problem. Although looking back over it maybe she meant that she wouldn't go for the kill given how the situation last issue went down.

I mostly find it amusing that not to long ago she was very 'X-Men don't kill" when Scott was forced into revealing X-Force, and now she's back to "I'll do what is necessary."

Either way, I was glad to see Mom and Dad fighting as Rogue put it.

#26 Edited by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Thats not what it meant. Storm would never treat to kill a teammate over something like this. but she will make sure they know who will make the finally decision. anyway she was just making sure that rachel remembers who would win in a fight.

That's even worse then saying how you kill your teammates if you have to IMO.

@decoyelite said:

@thegreyoutcastx:

Lol, no problem. Although looking back over it maybe she meant that she wouldn't go for the kill given how the situation last issue went down.

I mostly find it amusing that not to long ago she was very 'X-Men don't kill" when Scott was forced into revealing X-Force, and now she's back to "I'll do what is necessary."

I swear these X-Men are all terrible about having consistent moral codes.

It was at least interesting, although I'm more on Rachel's side on this one.

#27 Posted by TheGreyOutcastX (2051 posts) - - Show Bio

@thegreyoutcastx said:

@decoyelite said:

@thegreyoutcastx:

I swear these X-Men are all terrible about having consistent moral codes.

It was at least interesting, although I'm more on Rachel's side on this one.

Agreed.

I'm with ya on siding with Rachel on this.

#28 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a brief history lesson for those of you who're still under the impression that Ororo's the same woman she was pre-Mohawk of the 80s and just about every struggle she's endured since then. Please read the words within these panels, slowly but surely. Feel the truth, embrace the passion.

#29 Posted by jhazzroucher (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

Just a brief history lesson for those of you who're still under the impression that Ororo's the same woman she was pre-Mohawk of the 80s and just about every struggle she's endured since then. Please read the words within these panels, slowly but surely. Feel the truth, embrace the passion.

nice one!

#30 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: I don't care how right Storm thinks she is. Acting bada** doesn't suddenly mean killing teammates is alright. >:(

#31 Posted by jhazzroucher (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: I don't care how right Storm thinks she is. Acting bada** doesn't suddenly mean killing teammates is alright. >:(

I think women just have that kind of character. That's why I believe when men say they don't understand women.

#32 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite said:

I think women just have that kind of character. That's why I believe when men say they don't understand women.

I don't think all women are the same. And I don't think "being a woman" is a good justification for acting how she did. She's a right meanie in X-Men so far.

#33 Posted by PeppeyHare (4310 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite said:

wat

#34 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

It was never about thinking she was right, she's incessantly cognizant of the threat at hand and she decided to protect the life of many over the life of one. A fair and accurate decision/choice to make, all things considered. A woman whom is willing to do whatever it takes for the greater good and safer prospective, that is who she is, and always has been. So long as she maintains composure and integrity towards herself and others, which she did. Dw, though, you're not the only one who finds Wood's Storm a bit "mean", probs be better off reading her 1-3 panel portrayals in Bendis ANXM and Aaron's WATXM.

And what teammate are you talking about ?

#35 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: But it's comics where most of the time your teammates are possessed or turned into evil monster and there's usually a way to fix them up. Willing to kill is one thing but murdering your allies in a situation because they might not be brought back to normal doesn't make sense to me.
Karma and she said that if the same kind of thing happened with anyone else then she'd do the same thing, as in murder them because she thinks it's the safe thing to do.

#36 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio

@decoyelite: Karima Shapandar for one, has a serious and evident track-record of being overcome by malicious and extra-terrestrial entities. As stated by Beast, prior to Arkea's arrival she was in comatose state after malfunctioning where Hellion had to take her out at Karima' wish, which is why Rogue during this situation was on Storm's side because she had been there. This wasn't just any other teammate. She posed a serious threat.

Lol no. She would find several other ways unless the case was Karima-sensitive, who, as stated before, has this sort of background.

#37 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: Yeah..well...uh...didn't Storm get possessed lately? >.>

#38 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7303 posts) - - Show Bio
#39 Posted by DecoyElite (4019 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane: Well crap I got nothing. Storm's was being perfectly logical and I just let my emotions fuel my argument too much.
Guess I wouldn't be a good leader for the X-Men. >.<

#40 Posted by M3th (2099 posts) - - Show Bio

Meth likes that The XX-Men is becoming the nickname of the series. It's special for all the nerds who paid attention to the early promotion.

-m3th.O.D.-

#41 Posted by theTimeStreamer (2841 posts) - - Show Bio

i smell

Shenanigans

#42 Posted by poisonfleur (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

AoH You get infinite respect points for playing that card! Ultimate Storm Win, I have ever seen on these forums!

#43 Posted by warlock360 (28064 posts) - - Show Bio

Look at Rachels face when she's saying that :D

#44 Edited by TDK_1997 (15097 posts) - - Show Bio

This was a funny moment and Rachel was actually being sarcastic and I don't think that this needs a thread.

#45 Edited by poisonfleur (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

The main issues is

Rachel: Who strongly does NOT believe in killing teammates in any circumstance. And who was the last X-men who got killed by another teammate because they where under an evil influence they couldn't control? HER MOTHER-- JEAN. So this issues hits close to home for Rachel, especially since she knows Storm is her mother's "sister"/best friend. Jean and Karima's situation have many parallels. A possessed X-men endangering innocents and there is no clear sign if they will snap out of it. Rachel believes that X-men should do everything they can before they should resort to killing.

Storm: Who believes that one life should never risk the lives of many other innocents. Especially, if you are an x-men. Once you suit up, you take on the responsibly of dying for your cause. And lets be super honest. Karima would be dead anyways if the x-men wouldn't have helped her. And on top of that she even wanted the X-men to kill her and not to be in that situation--- Just like Jean! See the parallels. Storm also knows that having no control over your body while going on killing sprees, to some, is more traumatic than death. Think of all those bimbos who shoot up schools or their families? What do they end up doing afterwards? --Killing themselves!! Storm would rather have one death than many.

Not to be a crazy Storm fan, (and I do believe the X-men should try and do everything they can) I do side with Storm on this issue.

#Stormandthex-men

#46 Posted by jhazzroucher (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

The main issues is

Rachel: Who strongly does NOT believe in killing teammates in any circumstance. And who was the last X-men who got killed by another teammate because they where under an evil influence they couldn't control? HER MOTHER-- JEAN. So this issues hits close to home for Rachel, especially since she knows Storm is her mother's "sister"/best friend. Jean and Karima's situation have many parallels. A possessed X-men endangering innocents and there is no clear sign if they will snap out of it. Rachel believes that X-men should do everything they can before they should resort to killing.

Storm: Who believes that one life should never risk the lives of many other innocents. Especially, if you are an x-men. Once you suit up, you take on the responsibly of dying for your cause. And lets be super honest. Karima would be dead anyways if the x-men wouldn't have helped her. And on top of that she even wanted the X-men to kill her and not to be in that situation--- Just like Jean! See the parallels. Storm also knows that having no control over your body while going on killing sprees, to some, is more traumatic than death. Think of all those bimbos who shoot up schools or their families? What do they end up doing afterwards? --Killing themselves!! Storm would rather have one death than many.

Not to be a crazy Storm fan, (and I do believe the X-men should try and do everything they can) I do side with Storm on this issue.

#Stormandthex-men

wow!

#47 Posted by stormchild1997 (333 posts) - - Show Bio

The main issues is

#Stormandthex-men

after reading this ...for some reason i wanna see storm go on a killing spree (but for a good cause)

#48 Posted by stormphoenix (947 posts) - - Show Bio
#49 Posted by poisonfleur (3138 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

The main issues is

#Stormandthex-men

after reading this ...for some reason i wanna see storm go on a killing spree (but for a good cause)

X-force. LOL You better message Humphries. lol

#50 Posted by jhazzroucher (16512 posts) - - Show Bio

@stormchild1997 said:

@poisonfleur said:

The main issues is

#Stormandthex-men

X-force. LOL You better message Humphries. lol

I will side with Storm no matter what. : )