#151 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

I was p!ssed at that. WTF was T'challa doing in Chicago? Why couldn't we have a New Avengers tie in of him defending Wakanda? OH! And have Namor come with an Atlantian army as support and have both kingdoms fall and they can have a warm fuzzy moment of forgiveness.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

That whole death sequence was the true joke. "Crack". Black Panther, with the knowledge of every single Panther in his lineage, and the skills of them all...STACKED skills of them all, couldn't UKEMI ROLL? Sorry, but when a martial artists dies from a fall that even a weaker individual managed to survive, that just lets you know that the writer truly did not care about him in the slightest......I still like Black Panther, so that entire situation just infuriated me.

#152 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@blood1991 said:

@white_mage said:

@blood1991 said:

She and Hank are just sort of there for the ride apparently.

I sometimes wonder why I say that she's the only reason I buy certain comics....when she barely appears in CERTAIN COMICS.....I mean, she can't truly be my driving force for reading some of this ish.

I like the book, I just wish she did more. It sucks when one of your favorites gets shafted to the side. Worse that they get used as a f__king token when they have proven to be so much more than that.

Exactly. It's a disgrace, honestly. And I'm still waiting on Brian "Moses" Wood to deliver us from this f**kery

X-men cannot get here soon enough!

#153 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@blood1991 said:

I was p!ssed at that. WTF was T'challa doing in Chicago? Why couldn't we have a New Avengers tie in of him defending Wakanda? OH! And have Namor come with an Atlantian army as support and have both kingdoms fall and they can have a warm fuzzy moment of forgiveness.

HAHAHAHAHAHA

That whole death sequence was the true joke. "Crack". Black Panther, with the knowledge of every single Panther in his lineage, and the skills of them all...STACKED skills of them all, couldn't UKEMI ROLL? Sorry, but when a martial artists dies from a fall that even a weaker individual managed to survive, that just lets you know that the writer truly did not care about him in the slightest......I still like Black Panther, so that entire situation just infuriated me.

My nerd rage was boiling. I love BP and that was some bull sh!t.

#154 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

X-men cannot get here soon enough!

It really can't..............And Mr. Wood knows that he was PRAISED for his portrayal of Storm, so he's not going to fail us. Hell, Humphries hasn't failed us either............he's just taking his damn precious time

#155 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

My nerd rage was boiling. I love BP and that was some bull sh!t.

I saw him layin on the ground and was like, wait.........WHAT?! Then I had to look at the falling sequence, where I saw the "crack"................................If I cared for him like I care for Storm, I can't say that I wouldn't have gone LIVE...........If nothing else, we can at least say that Storm has outlived BP, while also having a moment of actually being useful. BP was just there so that he could die. Why not say that he died defending Wakanda?

#156 Posted by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage:Wood's Storm has been the best thing to happen to the character since Claremont left. Humphries is still wait and see though.

#157 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@blood1991: Humphries is giving me action, so I'm pleased with him. But Wood is the go to guy for Storm's personality so far. I know that everyone adores Yost because of World's Apart, and because he's the only one who really seems to really get her in every category..................but Wood brought Angela Bassett qualities to the table that I have not seen since Claremont's depictions.

#158 Edited by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage said:

@blood1991: Humphries is giving me action, so I'm pleased with him. But Wood is the go to guy for Storm's personality so far. I know that everyone adores Yost because of World's Apart, and because he's the only one who really seems to really get her in every category..................but Wood brought Angela Bassett qualities to the table that I have not seen since Claremont's depictions.

YASSSS. Mainly for the Angela Bassett reference.

He's a brilliant, brilliant man.

And i for one, don't get the transcendent Yost adoration. He had her pull off global scale feats and what not (not that this bloody hard thing for writers to bloody do) and got her characterization/history/h2h on point, but he kind of had to, he was writing her mini-series. Yeah, he had to. Didn't exactly feel like he wanted to, and with Wood, he's downright expressed how much he "likes" (that's good enough) writing Ororo, even went on to state that his favorite Ult. X-Men issue that he had written to date was the Ororo one-shot, and "missed" writing her after he was taken off of X-Men, only to be brought back. Won't give a toss if his is the title where i can get some decent Storm fix (but this is facking poor, Marvel) but i'll have 5 other Claremontian ladies to look forward to, too. So it's all good.

#159 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage said:

And i for one, don't get the transcendent Yost adoration. He had her pull off global scale feats and what not (not that this bloody hard thing for writers to bloody do) and got her characterization/history/h2h on point, but he kind of had to, he was writing her mini-series. Yeah, he had to. Didn't exactly feel like he wanted to, and with Wood, he's downright expressed how much he "likes" (that's good enough) writing Ororo, even went on to state that his favorite Ult. X-Men issue that he had written to date was the Ororo one-shot, and "missed" writing her after he was taken off of X-Men, only to be brought back. Won't give a toss if his is the title where i can get some decent Storm fix (but this is facking poor, Marvel) but i'll have 5 other Claremontian ladies to look forward to, too. So it's all good.

LOL I feel soooooooo similarly. I love the way he did her mini, and I'm glad that we've been able to drool over those scans for years now. But, Wood captures an essence of Storm that was almost forgotten, which is that she can be unreadable and COLD to the people who aren't exactly close to her. She's not always some smiling support system. Sometimes, she's a ruthless harda$$ who knows that what she is doing will benefit her team in the long run, so she doesn't care if the others have objections, cause she's runnin sh*t. Who else would have Storm have a brawling fight with COLOSSUS, IN HIS STEEL FORM? Wood is the only one who has shown her as an intense leader.............I say all of this, while still trying to give credit to the people who are still at least trying to understand her, and where she should be right now. Bendis sure as hell doesn't. Wood's portrayal is also the only one that really FITS the mohawk change.

#160 Edited by Blood1991 (8098 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane said:

@white_mage said:

LOL I feel soooooooo similarly. I love the way he did her mini, and I'm glad that we've been able to drool over those scans for years now. But, Wood captures an essence of Storm that was almost forgotten, which is that she can be unreadable and COLD to the people who aren't exactly close to her. She's not always some smiling support system. Sometimes, she's a ruthless harda$$ who knows that what she is doing will benefit her team in the long run, so she doesn't care if the others have objections, cause she's runnin sh*t. Who else would have Storm have a brawling fight with COLOSSUS, IN HIS STEEL FORM? Wood is the only one who has shown her as an intense leader.............I say all of this, while still trying to give credit to the people who are still at least trying to understand her, and where she should be right now. Bendis sure as hell doesn't. Wood's portrayal is also the only one that really FITS the mohawk change.

Shoot I completely forgot about World's Apart when I posted. Love that mini. I'm not sure if I would put him up there with Wood, but he stands next to Ellis when it comes to Storm. He understands her, which is rare for alot of writers it seems. What I loved about Wood's Storm was that she was complex in a way we haven't seen her in YEARS. She made tough calls, stood by her actions, made mistakes, and dealt with a team that completely undermined her authority "a first". It was fresh. No X-Man fan has ever seen Storm lead a team where half the members didn't trust her decision making. Where her family was going behind her back, and it gave this raw character development of a woman dealing with a world she feels disconnected from. However, this is freaking Storm we're talking about she buckled down and stood her ground and THAT is the character I F__king love.

#161 Posted by poisonfleur (3071 posts) - - Show Bio

So what's the deal-- How is AOU going? It seems so... done before... I am just interested in what Storm is doin'

#162 Posted by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I bought issue 1 and decided not pick up issue 2. It had a very lackluster start. You can pretty much tell this was meant to be an event for last year, but they went with AVX instead. I checked the AOU thread on CBR and most people are ripping it to shreads. I think Storm is just there, not surprised look who's writing it. The most recent chapter has her playing Airline. She's flying the rest of the survivors to Savage land.

#163 Edited by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

So what's the deal-- How is AOU going? It seems so... done before... I am just interested in what Storm is doin'

Oh, it hasn't been done before........................this is actually surprisingly juicy. People are DYIN, BARTERING superheroes...............in-fighting

And Ultron is gonna kill ERRBODY.............I'm excited for it now.lol

#164 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jalysia said:

I bought issue 1 and decided not pick up issue 2. It had a very lackluster start. You can pretty much tell this was meant to be an event for last year, but they went with AVX instead. I checked the AOU thread on CBR and most people are ripping it to shreads. I think Storm is just there, not surprised look who's writing it. The most recent chapter has her playing Airline. She's flying the rest of the survivors to Savage land.

Hey, I posted that scan! lol

I did not like that this was happening (AOU), but dammit, it's one of those that I already KNOW I'm gonna be using for comedic material (My mind is FILLED with ways to rip on the current list of "deceased" people). I've hated the idea of this book for so long that I failed to realize just what kind of GIFT I was being given............My mind is filled with sooooooo much shade, that I was offered 15 cents an hour to look over and cover a Somali village........I declined, but the offer gave me life, on top of the lives that I already had........Mario Brothers ain't got sh*t on me.

#165 Edited by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

is she doin anything in this arc

#166 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

I done BEEN tellin ya'll not to expect something significant!!

She's alive, she's flying people to the Savage Land, and she's outlived other noteworthy heroes. If nothing else, keep up with spoiler threads...................and this is about to become a spoiler thread....................I'm about to start shading the sh*t outta these issues. I'll include spoiler tags for people who REALLY don't wanna know until they read for themselves, but this ish is crazy.lol

#167 Edited by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

I done BEEN tellin ya'll not to expect something significant!!

She's alive, she's flying people to the Savage Land, and she's outlived other noteworthy heroes. If nothing else, keep up with spoiler threads...................and this is about to become a spoiler thread....................I'm about to start shading the sh*t outta these issues. I'll include spoiler tags for people who REALLY don't wanna know until they read for themselves, but this ish is crazy.lol

please do my friend. lolo

#168 Edited by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

please do my friend. lolo

Death List is as follows

1. Black Panther fell during an explosion. Apparently inheriting all of the knowledge of the Panther bloodline still wasn't enough to teach him how to Ukemi roll. His neck was snapped instantly

2. She-Hulk was shut threw the brain...............and she was bald

3. Luke Cage's entire family

4. Luke Cage. He got blown the hell up

5. Task Master got SMASHED by Red Hulk

Vision has been captured by Ultron, and is being used as a communicator/conduit for Ultron, since Ultron is attacking them from the f*cking future, so Black Widow, Moon Knight, and Red Hulk are using Nick Fury's plans in order to attack him.................................mmhmm

#169 Posted by poisonfleur (3071 posts) - - Show Bio

Brain Wood failed Storm in the last X-men Arc before Marvel now... When he made her get punched in the face over and over again by that fast guy.... SMH
Somebody post a scan of that. I was pissed. She should have flash frooze that @$$. lol

@white_mage: Has Storm had a part in it yet?

#170 Posted by jhazzroucher (16153 posts) - - Show Bio

@jalysia said:

that's cool

#171 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Brain Wood failed Storm in the last X-men Arc before Marvel now... When he made her get punched in the face over and over again by that fast guy.... SMH

Somebody post a scan of that. I was pissed. She should have flash frooze that @$$. lol

@white_mage:

Has Storm had a part in it yet?

1. That was NOT Brian Wood's pen. He's off the book. That's why he's been writing Ultimate X-Men.

2. Yes. I posted a scan earlier in the thread

#172 Edited by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

Nope, that was Seth Peck.

#173 Edited by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jalysia said:

@poisonfleur said:

His "Storm" card needs to be revoked, and shredded. NOBODY else got treated that way, BUT Storm. This is why I feel that one too many writers are on some Halle Berry bullsh*t. These weak showings do NOT add up. They just don't

#174 Posted by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@jalysia said:

@poisonfleur said:

His "Storm" card needs to be revoked, and shredded. NOBODY else got treated that way, BUT Storm. This is why I feel that one too many writers are on some Halle Berry bullsh*t. These weak showings do NOT add up. They just don't

I am telling you that (weak showings of storm) is a concerted effort at Marvel to make her less badass,

#175 Edited by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

I am telling you that (weak showings of storm) is a concerted effort at Marvel to make her less badass,

I have so many thoughts................................so many opinions...............................

#176 Edited by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

I have so many thoughts................................so many opinions...............................

dont keep em to urself...

oh i actually like the ulron story... i really hate to admit it because the one that shall not b named is writing it

#177 Posted by jhazzroucher (16153 posts) - - Show Bio

Come on guys, Storm as one of the few survivors is already a good indication

#178 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

Well Storm is just standing there like she was in the run of Bendis in Avengers where she was the greatest Avengers member ever.And she also had some really great words while trying to convince Logan not to kill Hank Pym.

#179 Posted by jhazzroucher (16153 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@poisonfleur said:

Well Storm is just standing there like she was in the run of Bendis in Avengers where she was the greatest Avengers member ever.And she also had some really great words while trying to convince Logan not to kill Hank Pym.

scan please!!!!

#180 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@poisonfleur said:

scan please!!1!!

Can't provide it,sorry!I mean she looks like she is going to play a big part of the team that is going to the future but just like Bendis did before,she's not doing a single meaningful thing for 5 issues.

#181 Posted by jhazzroucher (16153 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@poisonfleur said:

scan please!!1!!

Can't provide it,sorry!I mean she looks like she is going to play a big part of the team that is going to the future but just like Bendis did before,she's not doing a single meaningful thing for 5 issues.

I see.

I like this one though:

#182 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@poisonfleur said:

scan please!!1!!

I see.

I like this one though:

She's not saying anything except goddess and this isn't the first time Bendis makes her sya that.She said it again when there was a meeting in the beginning of AvX.It was in New Avengers.And after she said it,she left the mansion.

#183 Posted by jhazzroucher (16153 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@poisonfleur said:

scan please!!1!!

I see.

I like this one though:

She's not saying anything except goddess and this isn't the first time Bendis makes her sya that.She said it again when there was a meeting in the beginning of AvX.It was in New Avengers.And after she said it,she left the mansion.

but Storm uses her winds to keep the non-flyers afloat.

#184 Posted by jhazzroucher (16153 posts) - - Show Bio

I don't like Storm's costume. It's so boring and unattractive.

#185 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@poisonfleur said:

scan please!!1!!

I see.

I like this one though:

Yes,it is good but it would have been better if they gave her proper lines to say and not just these stupid and retarded words.

#186 Edited by jhazzroucher (16153 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@poisonfleur said:

scan please!!1!!

I see.

I like this one though:

Yes,it is good but it would have been better if they gave her proper lines to say and not just these stupid and retarded words.

maybe on the next issue

#187 Edited by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@poisonfleur said:

scan please!!1!!

I see.

I like this one though:

maybe on the next issue

Well,I hope Bendis will make her one day have proper dialogue with someone in one of his books involving her.

#188 Edited by jhazzroucher (16153 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@poisonfleur said:

scan please!!1!!

I see.

I like this one though:

maybe on the next issue

Well,I hope Bendis will make her one day have proper dialogue with someone in one of his books involving her.

hopefully

#189 Posted by AgeofHurricane (7301 posts) - - Show Bio

This morbidly obese bald-headed moron needs to stop trolling Ororo and exploiting her for sales. Just fack off.

Re-quoting this because this is exactly what he just did recently in ANXM.

#190 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@ageofhurricane said:

This morbidly obese bald-headed moron needs to stop trolling Ororo and exploiting her for sales. Just fack off.

Re-quoting this because this is exactly what he just did recently in ANXM.

I see that you're going for jugulars.lol

#191 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

Funny thing about everyone living in the last days of man..............................MOST OF THEM look like sh*t

#192 Posted by jhazzroucher (16153 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Funny thing about everyone living in the last days of man..............................MOST OF THEM look like sh*t

Storm's costume should be colorful

#193 Posted by jhazzroucher (16153 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage said:

Oh Come on! Yost made Storm awesome in x-men worlds apart. so many damn awesome moments and he even made Shadow King a very interesting villain.

#194 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm's costume should be colorful

They are in the END DAYS. It's the techno version of an apocalypse. I don't see why you're expecting her outfit to be glorious, when she's been living underground with other wounded and damaged heroes.

#195 Edited by poisonfleur (3071 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@poisonfleur said:

scan please!!1!!

I see.

I like this one though:

Why couldn't they make her say 'What an atrocity...' --'goddess is being thrown around a little to often lately.

#196 Posted by TDK_1997 (14985 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@tdk_1997 said:

@poisonfleur said:

scan please!!1!!

I see.

I like this one though:

Why couldn't they make her say 'What an atrocity...' --'goddess is being thrown around a little to often lately.

I know,right.She has been saying goddess in every comic book writen by Bendis or another Marvel ''talent''.People get sick of that and it also doesn't make that much sense.

#197 Edited by Jalysia (53 posts) - - Show Bio

I just read Issue 6, which surprisingly(or not so surprising if you are familiar with Bendis' work) is far better than the previous 5 issues. Anyway, Storm had a total of three count em' three lines in the entire issue. Two lines on one page, and the aforementioned page White Mage posted awhile back, with her saying Goddess.

All this before:

Before getting hit by the Ultron beams. I think she will be okay. It could have been something far worse. Such as:

Captain America getting his head lopped off, which I found hilariously random in a sick way..

#198 Posted by poisonfleur (3071 posts) - - Show Bio

@jalysia said:

I just read Issue 6, which surprisingly(or not so surprising if you are familiar with Bendis' work) is far better than the previous 5 issues. Anyway, Storm had a total of three count em' three lines in the entire issue. Two lines on one page, and the aforementioned page White Mage posted awhile back, with her saying Goddess.

All this before:

Before getting hit by the Ultron beams. I think she will be okay. It could have been something far worse. Such as:

Captain America getting his head lopped off, which I found hilariously random in a sick way..

AHAHA! So Salty!!^

#199 Posted by White Mage (18740 posts) - - Show Bio

@jalysia said:

All this before:

I absolutely ADORED Cap's death. That ish was random as hell, and it shows that he won't be single hero that unites the entire team together. It wasn't made obvious that Storm was killed, so I don't think that she's actually dead......not yet anyways. However, if Storm is still alive, then I'm gonna have to claim that she's gained some new superpowers, cause cap got one-shotted HEADLESS. I don't even know why he didn't keep his shield up. Wisdom, and HISTORY would gladly tell you that ROBOTS attacking from the front will continue to attack FROM THE FRONT, so keep yourself in the fetal position, with shield up, and feet tucked to chest.

#200 Edited by butterflykyss (3919 posts) - - Show Bio

@white_mage said:

@jalysia said:

All this before:

I absolutely ADORED Cap's death. That ish was random as hell, and it shows that he won't be single hero that unites the entire team together. It wasn't made obvious that Storm was killed, so I don't think that she's actually dead......not yet anyways. However, if Storm is still alive, then I'm gonna have to claim that she's gained some new superpowers, cause cap got one-shotted HEADLESS. I don't even know why he didn't keep his shield up. Wisdom, and HISTORY would gladly tell you that ROBOTS attacking from the front will continue to attack FROM THE FRONT, so keep yourself in the fetal position, with shield up, and feet tucked to chest.

I hope Storm survives.. but with the death of Pym I am sure it altered the whole future I am sure cap and the others didn't die as they would have had Pym lived.