Should the New Storm Ongoing be an X-book, a Marvel Universe book or Both?

Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

Poll Should the New Storm Ongoing be an X-book, a Marvel Universe book or Both? (17 votes)

She is soley X-property 12%
She is part of the larger Marvel Universe 12%
She swings Both 71%
Neither 6%

With the news of a Storm ongoing ( which I am excited for) should the book be an X-title or a Marvel Universe title?

Much like Uncanny Avengers, Storm's adventures could cover the entire span of the Marvel Universe and not be limited to simply

x-men characters. I think the character's gravitas demands such treatment. To a lesser degree she has Thing appeal--meaning like our ever lovin blue-eyed Benjamin Grimm's classic Marvel Two in one--Storm could have as many guest-stars as a writer would want without necessarily being solely an X-book.

• 
Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Any true sensible Storm fan will say "she swings both".

ShadowX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I think it should be a storm book. Just like how Marvel has diverged wolverine away from the x-men and has his oen rogue lis and enough mythos to back him awa from the X-men the same should be done from Storm, it should be based on building her aeay from any other series ans creating her own supporting cast, that can include characters from other x-men and old marvel characters but it should be used to build her own mygthos. Same goes for the new Nightcrawler and cyclops ongoings.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

Both ways. She was an avenger and fantastic four before.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want the book to all about Storm and connect to the MU at large and also include her connection to the X-Universe. No need to limit her to one or the other.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want the book to all about Storm and connect to the MU at large and also include her connection to the X-Universe. No need to limit her to one or the other.

I agree with you.

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By devilsgrin81

this book should stamp Ororo and Storm's importance to the X-Men and the Marvelverse at large. To do so, we need to see her doing her usual thing, on a grander than ever scale. Kicking butt and taking names as she can. Obliterating obstactes, as she does. And showing all that power whilst still being a warm, if tempestuous, compassionate, if sometimes now more ruthless Hero.

I want to see the start of perhaps Thororo. I think she needs to upstage a few of the big-name heroes (i know she's done it to Spidey before, but i mean Cap or Thor or Iron Man). And show the world that Mutants Do It Better...

poisonfleur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

#7  Edited By poisonfleur

both

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to team up with other heroes besides the x-men I find that more fun :-)

XxeroOne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would like to team up with other heroes besides the x-men I find that more fun :-)

Spider-man, GUardians of the Galaxy, Iron Man, etc

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By devilsgrin81

i foresee certain x-men being more likely than others to guest star. Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Wolverboring and Gambit first and foremost. A return of Sage would be spectacular - she's never been better than when she was Storm's off-sider.

I want a nemesis who isn't Shadow King (who should have been destroyed utterly by the goddess Bast in X-Men Worlds Apart). But SK does highlight just how formiddable Storm is... for it takes a telepath on par with Professor X to be Storm's arch enemy.

Lets see Loki line up as Storm's foe - recalling the days when Storm wielded a Mjolnir-copy. (this could help lead into the Thororo i want to see) Or Amora - the Enchantress could work well as a Storm foe too...

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i foresee certain x-men being more likely than others to guest star. Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Wolverboring and Gambit first and foremost. A return of Sage would be spectacular - she's never been better than when she was Storm's off-sider.

I want a nemesis who isn't Shadow King (who should have been destroyed utterly by the goddess Bast in X-Men Worlds Apart). But SK does highlight just how formiddable Storm is... for it takes a telepath on par with Professor X to be Storm's arch enemy.

Lets see Loki line up as Storm's foe - recalling the days when Storm wielded a Mjolnir-copy. (this could help lead into the Thororo i want to see) Or Amora - the Enchantress could work well as a Storm foe too...

Agreed on all of this. I'd also like to see a reunion with Yukio and Ainet of possible. An exploration of her bloodline's magic would be awesome to see with Ainet being involved, though I would prefer this happen MUCH later on than right from the start of her ongoing.

I also would not mind seeing the return of Deluge (or the "original Windrider" make an appearance), as I would like her to have a powerful nemesis who can also manipulate weather and/or nature. I think she also needs another nemesis who will bring out her other skills (like a good melee fighter type), and for her to make multiple enemies with powerful and world spanning criminal organizations or individuals who pose credible threats to her. And an asgardian rogue in her gallery would also be awesome considering her history to Loki and connection to Gaea.

Mooty_Pass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Yes characters like the ones you mentioned and more I would like to see her team up with. Also I REALLY WANT HER AND THOR to go on a mission together just them two to see how they can work together.

@devilsgrin81: All you said I AGREE.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want a battle between Storm and Magneto. : )

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Certainly her grasp reaches well beyond the X verse.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Certainly her grasp reaches well beyond the X verse.

True. I really want her saving a lot of people.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30
devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By devilsgrin81

brilliant interview... loved these quotes

Storm's one of the most important of all the X-Men -- ostensibly the most powerful, and frequently their moral center.

Storm's the embodiment of fierce, raw power -- and deep, abiding empathy. She's the most powerful woman in the Marvel Universe -- incredibly exciting and elemental -- even dangerous. But at the same time, she wields all that power to help the weakest and most vulnerable.

Also... i've always loved Larocca... particularly the way he draws Storm... loved his run on X-Treme vol #1

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By THUNDERBOLT30

@devilsgrin81: Me too...I have been super juiced with the solo announcement and even more so after this interview. I am loving Pak's take on Storm, his premise for the book, and I enjoying the little teasers. He mentioned that he has a possible plot from his run on War Machine that will show up in Storm's book.

And Larocca has a great handle on Storm. Did you see the Amazing X-Men Annual preview by Monty Nero and Larocca?

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By abaldo

Storm getting all the spot light, yasssssss

No Caption Provided

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: lol a long overdue spotlight.

I'm hoping Psylocke will guest star in her book. And I can see Betsy getting a book also.

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: lol a long overdue spotlight.

I'm hoping Psylocke will guest star in her book. And I can see Betsy getting a book also.

Psylocke will have one someday!