• 59 results
  • 1
  • 2
#1 Edited by jhazzroucher (15609 posts) - - Show Bio

Well, looking on this picture...

#2 Posted by IrishX (2354 posts) - - Show Bio

Echo!

#3 Posted by Xwraith (17426 posts) - - Show Bio

She wasn't an Avenger for long, was she?

Online
#4 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1426 posts) - - Show Bio

Does she really even count as an Avenger since she was a member for like 2 minutes

#5 Edited by Avenging-X-Bolt (12989 posts) - - Show Bio

i doubt it. Sandman is on one of the covers as well.

#6 Posted by jhazzroucher (15609 posts) - - Show Bio

She was an Avenger.

#7 Posted by _slim_ (13075 posts) - - Show Bio

Who is that behind Captain Marvel?

#8 Posted by jhazzroucher (15609 posts) - - Show Bio

@_slim_ said:

Who is that behind Captain Marvel?

I don't know

#9 Edited by THUNDERBOLT30 (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

I wouldn't mind seeing her return the Avengers under Remender's or Hickman's pen. I don't think she officially quit (or got fired for AvX), and I think they would do Storm way more justice than what we got from Bendis's run.

#10 Edited by ComicMan24 (147085 posts) - - Show Bio

Well considering how Stature, Echo, Gilgamesh and Captain Marvel in the pic are dead, this pic must be just a pic of heroes who have been in the Avengers in the past. Unless anything new has been revealed that I don't know of.

And the person behind Captain Marvel is Gilgamesh.

#11 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

I think this is part of that big set of connecting covers depicting everyone who's been a member, even if it was only for a short time.

#12 Posted by MaccyD (3984 posts) - - Show Bio

Why do the major x-man "have" to join the Avengers at one stage?

#13 Posted by jhazzroucher (15609 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

Why do the major x-man "have" to join the Avengers at one stage?

Because they deserve the rocognition?

#14 Edited by MaccyD (3984 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: You're suggesting that X-men are inferior to Avengers.

#15 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

Why do the major x-man "have" to join the Avengers at one stage?

Because it is another avenue of promotion for the character.

An X-man can join the Avengers, but an Avenger can't necessarily join the X-men.

It is also because people usually draw the comparison of The Avengers and The Justice League. Implying that both are the respective brand's "All-Star" team.

#16 Edited by jhazzroucher (15609 posts) - - Show Bio

@maccyd said:

Why do the major x-man "have" to join the Avengers at one stage?

Because it is another avenue of promotion for the character.

An X-man can join the Avengers, but an Avenger can't necessarily join the X-men.

It is also because people usually draw the comparison of The Avengers and The Justice League. Implying that both are the respective brand's "All-Star" team.

True!

#17 Posted by poisonfleur (3029 posts) - - Show Bio

Does she really even count as an Avenger since she was a member for like 2 minutes

Okay.. yet she was an Avenger in 2 or 3 Avengers TPB, The Children's Crusade TPB, The Fearless TPB, and in some parts of of AVX.

#18 Edited by poisonfleur (3029 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Well, looking on this picture...

This LOOKS GREAT! STORM, ECHO, AND WANDA LOOK GREAT! I am all for her being an Avenger again... BUT WHO IS WRITING HER!???

#19 Posted by Dernman (14974 posts) - - Show Bio

Nah this doesn't mean she is joining. Every now and again Marvel puts out an alt cover of in an anniversary style even when there isn't one of Avenger past and present.

#20 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Nah this doesn't mean she is joining. Every now and again Marvel puts out an alt cover of in an anniversary style even when there isn't one of Avenger past and present.

Isn't this part of the 50th anniversary celebrations?

#21 Posted by Dernman (14974 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

Nah this doesn't mean she is joining. Every now and again Marvel puts out an alt cover of in an anniversary style even when there isn't one of Avenger past and present.

Isn't this part of the 50th anniversary celebrations?

Maybe. I thought I heard something about that but wasn't sure.

#22 Edited by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman: Just looked it up:

I think I heard somewhere that the full picture will be available as a big fold out cover on Avengers #24.Now. Presumably that would also be variant though.

#23 Edited by Xwraith (17426 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@dernman said:

Nah this doesn't mean she is joining. Every now and again Marvel puts out an alt cover of in an anniversary style even when there isn't one of Avenger past and present.

Isn't this part of the 50th anniversary celebrations?

Maybe. I thought I heard something about that but wasn't sure.

Have they even announced anything for the 50th anniversary? That seems to be the one way that Marvel still loves the X-Men more.

Online
#24 Posted by butterflykyss (3916 posts) - - Show Bio

God I hope not...

#25 Edited by Dernman (14974 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

@dernman said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@dernman said:

Nah this doesn't mean she is joining. Every now and again Marvel puts out an alt cover of in an anniversary style even when there isn't one of Avenger past and present.

Isn't this part of the 50th anniversary celebrations?

Maybe. I thought I heard something about that but wasn't sure.

Have they even announced anything for the 50th anniversary? That seems to be the one way that Marvel still loves the X-Men more.

Look one post up. :p

#26 Edited by Xwraith (17426 posts) - - Show Bio

@dernman said:

@xwraith said:

@dernman said:

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@dernman said:

Nah this doesn't mean she is joining. Every now and again Marvel puts out an alt cover of in an anniversary style even when there isn't one of Avenger past and present.

Isn't this part of the 50th anniversary celebrations?

Maybe. I thought I heard something about that but wasn't sure.

Have they even announced anything for the 50th anniversary? That seems to be the one way that Marvel still loves the X-Men more.

Look one post up. :p

OK, so there's a variant cover.

The X-Men are getting a double-sized special. With Stan Lee's first new story in decades.

Online
#27 Edited by Dernman (14974 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith: I wasn't making a comparison to show who gets more love. I was just answering the first question. The picture has a 50 year anniversary sign on it. You could consider that an announcement.

#28 Posted by jhazzroucher (15609 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Well, looking on this picture...

This LOOKS GREAT! STORM, ECHO, AND WANDA LOOK GREAT! I am all for her being an Avenger again... BUT WHO IS WRITING HER!???

Storm indeed looks striking here.

#29 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Hickman is a terrific writer and I'd like to see Storm as more than a cameo Avenger this time--but I don't see it. I would be be stunned and amazed.

#30 Posted by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

...great art however. I'd love especially to see Storm and Wanda interact.

#31 Posted by jhazzroucher (15609 posts) - - Show Bio

...great art however. I'd love especially to see Storm and Wanda interact.

me too. : )

#32 Edited by PassionFlower (960 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe at some point Storm will do a mission with Uncanny Avengers...

#33 Posted by poisonfleur (3029 posts) - - Show Bio

Maybe at some point Storm will do a mission with Uncanny Avengers...

I agree. Storm and Captain/Ms. Marvel would have been characters to have in Uncanny Avengers.
Rogue and Ms.Marvel interactions.
Storm and Wanda-- Storm and Wolverine-- Storm and Thor--- Storm and Rogue.
But whatever... Marvel Failed. Uncanny Avengers had the potential to be the FLAGSHIP TITLE OF MARVEL-- But they Failed.

#34 Edited by ItsDaveyJ (196 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

But whatever... Marvel Failed. Uncanny Avengers had the potential to be the FLAGSHIP TITLE OF MARVEL-- But they Failed.

I gave up in the first issue when they failed to point out the contradiction that Rogue was so pissed off at SW for her faults... yet is perfectly fine dating her father who has also had many sins. She's freaking out at someone who could theoretically be... her daughter O_o

Btw you said Storm was an Avenger in The Children's Crusade? I own all of the issues of that run and the only time Storm appeared was with the X-men and they ended up fighting the Avengers. Did I miss something?

#35 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

@itsdaveyj: you're right. I don't think she was Avenger at that time. She zapped Iron Man IIRC and was there with X-Men ready to collect Wanda.

#36 Posted by jhazzroucher (15609 posts) - - Show Bio

@passionflower said:

Maybe at some point Storm will do a mission with Uncanny Avengers...

I agree. Storm and Captain/Ms. Marvel would have been characters to have in Uncanny Avengers.

Rogue and Ms.Marvel interactions.

Storm and Wanda-- Storm and Wolverine-- Storm and Thor--- Storm and Rogue.

But whatever... Marvel Failed. Uncanny Avengers had the potential to be the FLAGSHIP TITLE OF MARVEL-- But they Failed.

Storm and Captain America. : )

#37 Edited by Veshark (9058 posts) - - Show Bio

Unless your name is Beast, I don't like any X-Man in the Avengers.

#38 Posted by jhazzroucher (15609 posts) - - Show Bio

I still hope Storm will become an official member of the Avengers again

#39 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

She wasn't an Avenger for long, was she?

No she wasnt she joined in avengers 22 and left the avengers just before avx start. She sided with the x-men and i guess she lost her avengers membership once black panther divorced her.

#40 Edited by jhazzroucher (15609 posts) - - Show Bio

@xwraith said:

She wasn't an Avenger for long, was she?

No she wasnt she joined in avengers 22 and left the avengers just before avx start. She sided with the x-men and i guess she lost her avengers membership once black panther divorced her.

Did Storm formally quit as an Avenger?

#41 Posted by HopesummersFORtheFUTURE (2872 posts) - - Show Bio

@hopesummersforthefuture said:

@xwraith said:

She wasn't an Avenger for long, was she?

No she wasnt she joined in avengers 22 and left the avengers just before avx start. She sided with the x-men and i guess she lost her avengers membership once black panther divorced her.

Did Storm formally quit as an Avenger?

no but shes not in the avengers book any more.

#42 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (10329 posts) - - Show Bio

No but the latest OHOTMU, which was a month or so ago, indicate "former Avenger", so I think that is pretty official that she is not part of that team. I wouldn't mind seeing Storm rejoin but definitely not under Bendis's pen.

#43 Posted by GrenadeFlow (1426 posts) - - Show Bio

@veshark said:

Unless your name is Beast, I don't like any X-Man in the Avengers.

#44 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4774 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd totally be game for Storm joining the Avengers. It be AWEsome if she joins the Avengers, leaves the X-Men, later leave the Avengers, and at the end finally get a solid solo Storm series.

Solid as in they have a solid creative team who want to push Storm heavy that year. 2015?

(+)

#45 Posted by jhazzroucher (15609 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd totally be game for Storm joining the Avengers. It be AWEsome if she joins the Avengers, leaves the X-Men, later leave the Avengers, and at the end finally get a solid solo Storm series.

Solid as in they have a solid creative team who want to push Storm heavy that year. 2015?

(+)

2015? is that a guess? because I'm guessing 2014. : )

#46 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4774 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: If it was 2014 I think we would have heard something about it by now. Especially with all the All New titles that are coming out. Plus, they haven't wrapped up Uncanny X-Force and Xx-Men has barely started.

I think shooting for 2015 is fairer guess.

(+)

#47 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6257 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: If it was 2014 I think we would have heard something about it by now. Especially with all the All New titles that are coming out. Plus, they haven't wrapped up Uncanny X-Force and Xx-Men has barely started.

I think shooting for 2015 is fairer guess.

(+)

Could it be that they'd just announce a solo series shortly before releasing the solicit? It's just that with Days Of Future Past coming out in May, it seems like it could be a good idea to release one when there could be a higher amount of interest in her. Based on a Google Trends search, she seems to have been most searched for around the time of The Last Stand.

I think Black Widow was given an ongoing around the time of Iron Man 2, so maybe Marvel would be willing to try again with Storm at a time when more people might be interested in her.

#48 Posted by jhazzroucher (15609 posts) - - Show Bio

@yung_ancient_one said:

@jhazzroucher: If it was 2014 I think we would have heard something about it by now. Especially with all the All New titles that are coming out. Plus, they haven't wrapped up Uncanny X-Force and Xx-Men has barely started.

I think shooting for 2015 is fairer guess.

(+)

Could it be that they'd just announce a solo series shortly before releasing the solicit? It's just that with Days Of Future Past coming out in May, it seems like it could be a good idea to release one when there could be a higher amount of interest in her. Based on a Google Trends search, she seems to have been most searched for around the time of The Last Stand.

I think Black Widow was given an ongoing around the time of Iron Man 2, so maybe Marvel would be willing to try again with Storm at a time when more people might be interested in her.

Hopefully. I prefer an ongoing solo for Storm earlier but if not, I just want the #1 to be released on May because May is the Storm month! : )

#49 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4774 posts) - - Show Bio

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@yung_ancient_one said:

@jhazzroucher: If it was 2014 I think we would have heard something about it by now. Especially with all the All New titles that are coming out. Plus, they haven't wrapped up Uncanny X-Force and Xx-Men has barely started.

I think shooting for 2015 is fairer guess.

(+)

Could it be that they'd just announce a solo series shortly before releasing the solicit? It's just that with Days Of Future Past coming out in May, it seems like it could be a good idea to release one when there could be a higher amount of interest in her. Based on a Google Trends search, she seems to have been most searched for around the time of The Last Stand.

I think Black Widow was given an ongoing around the time of Iron Man 2, so maybe Marvel would be willing to try again with Storm at a time when more people might be interested in her.

Hopefully. I prefer an ongoing solo for Storm earlier but if not, I just want the #1 to be released on May because May is the Storm month! : )

The thing is though that Iron Man 3 was made by Marvel Studios and Days of Future Past is not. I highly doubt Marvel will release a new series in May. I can see them releasing one in June but even then I'm skeptical. I feel like Marvel is focusing more on Avengers than the X-Men.

...

... The more I think about it the more it seems more possible. If Superior Spider-Man ends in March or April and in May they announce to begin continuing Amazing Spider-Man series in May they can also add a couple more titles.

Still I find it odd Marvel hasn't said anything about a Storm series but they have mentioned All New X-Factor, All New Ghost Rider, (all new) Silver Surfer, Loki Agent of Asgard, (all new) Punisher, Elektra, Black Widow, and etc.

(+)

#50 Posted by stormphoenix (929 posts) - - Show Bio

I never thought storm left the avengers I didn't see it state that she quit.