Is Ororo Munroe aka Storm an A-List Character?

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#301  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jhazzroucher said:

BUt Orlando really didn't have a successful film when is the the main character.

he is a supporting character but it doesn't mean he can't be an A list celebrity.

LOTR and POTC can be compared to the x-men's worldwide success in comics history

He's not even A-list in the first place. He is however more bankable than Storm. Stats can be provided to prove he's a bigger draw for the box office than Storm is for comics.
vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#302  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jhazzroucher said:

1. It's also impossible to prove that that the x-men have become successful because of the men.

Not in the case of Wolverine. 

@jhazzroucher said:

2. Why? Didn't all the x-men characters started as strangers to people's eyes? Wolverine outshone the other x-men that's why he gets his own book. Morbius didn't outshine but he got his own book. It really just depends on what Marvel is planning. But again, it doesn''t mean when a comic character doesn't have his/her own book , he/she can't be an A list character

Marvel is trying to give villain ongoings. Morbius is one of Spider-Man's most popular villains. 
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#303  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

BUt Orlando really didn't have a successful film when is the the main character.

he is a supporting character but it doesn't mean he can't be an A list celebrity.

LOTR and POTC can be compared to the x-men's worldwide success in comics history

He's not even A-list in the first place. He is however more bankable than Storm. Stats can be provided to prove he's a bigger draw for the box office than Storm is for comics.

Tell me, so a comic character can't be an Alist character if he/she doesn't have his/her own book/ongoing solo?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

#304  Edited By Squalleon

My definition of an A list character is someone who can sustain at least one solo title,appears in multiple books has a strong fanbase,a rich history and is a name common even amongst non comic book readers.Storm lacks the solo title and her fanbase even though its strong it isn't strong enough :-P

Storm is probably a B list character as most of the X-Men even Cyclops who currently is the big name of the X-men(except wolverine) isn't an A list character.

The X men were made to be a team so its difficult for them to become A list! The characters are defined by their inteactions with others and not because of who they are like Spiderman,Batman,Superman etc.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#305  Edited By Mercy_
@Squalleon

My definition of an A list character is someone who can sustain at least one solo title,appears in multiple books has a strong fanbase,a rich history and is a name common even amongst non comic book readers.Storm lacks the solo title and her fanbase even though its strong it isn't strong enough :-P

Storm is probably a B list character as most of the X-Men even Cyclops who currently is the big name of the X-men(except wolverine) isn't an A list character.

The X men were made to be a team so its difficult for them to become A list! The characters are defined by their inteactions with others and not because of who they are like Spiderman,Batman,Superman etc.

I pretty much agrees with all of this.

Well said.
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#306  Edited By Stormultt

@Decoy Elite said:

@Stormultt: Talkin' about Storm. I always come here every so often to see if I can find out what makes people like her so much. Not that it really matters. I don't need a real reason to post in this section.

If you're going to troll, You do.

Either that or you're just ignorant to the fact that she has had 2 minis because you choose to make stupid remarks in her section instead of doing actual research on her and her appearances in comics to REALLY find out why so many enjoy her.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#307  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Squalleon said:

Storm, whether she has her own ongoing book or not, successful or not, is an A list character.

Especially to think that that's the only one thing that she is lacking according to your definition of an A list character.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#308  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jhazzroucher said:

Tell me, so a comic character can't be an Alist character if he/she doesn't have his/her own book/ongoing solo?

You can't just have an ongoing though because there are tons of characters that have had them that I don't consider A-list but if you have an ongoing that has been able to maintain popularity and make money for several years and held up to the test of time, that's when you're A-list. 
Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#309  Edited By Target_X

@Mercy_ said:

@Squalleon

I pretty much agrees with all of this. Well said.

Yerp. And that's a great point about the X-Men designed to be a team. I hadn't even thought of it in that aspect, but it's true.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#310  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

You can't just have an ongoing though because there are tons of characters that have had them that I don't consider A-list but if you have an ongoing that has been able to maintain popularity and make money for several years and held up to the test of time, that's when you're A-list.

alright let me rephrase my question:

so a comic character can't be an A-list character if he/she doesn't have a successful ongoing book?

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 4

#311  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Stormultt: Did you really need call me a troll for not knowing Storm had minis when it's clear I'm not the biggest fan of her? 
This isn't some "STORM LOVERS FOREVAR" only club pal, I'm fully allowed to post.  
If I'm wrong, then tell me I'm wrong, don't call me a troll for making a single joke.  
butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#312  Edited By butterflykyss

@Decoy Elite said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Storm is as A list as Stilt-Man.

WHo is Stilt-Man??? What movie or video game was he featured in??? Toys??

Everyone knows Stilt-Man he is the butt of every joke about crappy villains. Seriously though, I was makin' a joke. Although Storm really isn't A list. I'd say she's C list at best.

Oh my bad.. i didn't see this lol.. why C list at best??

Because to my knowledge she's never even gotten a mini or something. I bump her up to B list if she was stressed as a leader more often, and maybe got her own mini once in a while.

She had a mini- where she was featured in called X-men World Apart. It did fairly well. And there was another mini that Storm was featured in called "Storm" that followed her and Tchalla's initial encounter. I didn't like it because it made storm look like a "damsel in distress" which is not how their encounter was initially written. But there you go lol

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#313  Edited By Target_X

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Yeah, Laura had her own, but she's no A-Lister. However, I don't think you can say someone is an A-lister who has never even warranted their own solo-title to begin with.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#314  Edited By Decoy Elite
@butterflykyss: See, thank you, that is how you tell me I'm wrong.  
Which I guess I was, she seems like B list material to me.
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#315  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Decoy Elite said:

@Stormultt: Did you really need call me a troll for not knowing Storm had minis when it's clear I'm not the biggest fan of her? This isn't some "STORM LOVERS FOREVAR" only club pal, I'm fully allowed to post. If I'm wrong, then tell me I'm wrong, don't call me a troll for making a single joke.

just to add. Storm's recognizability and popularity and appearances are so tremendous that it's kinda hard for us to believe she doesn't even have her own book but she manages to be where she is right now.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#316  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jhazzroucher said:

so a comic character can't be an A-list character if he/she doesn't have a successful ongoing book?

No, because if the character isn't actively doing anything for the company with stats that can be provided..then that's not A-list. 
Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#317  Edited By Decoy Elite
@jhazzroucher said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@Stormultt: Did you really need call me a troll for not knowing Storm had minis when it's clear I'm not the biggest fan of her? This isn't some "STORM LOVERS FOREVAR" only club pal, I'm fully allowed to post. If I'm wrong, then tell me I'm wrong, don't call me a troll for making a single joke.

just to add. Storm's recognizability and popularity and appearances are so tremendous that it's kinda hard for us to believe she doesn't even have her own book but she manages to be where she is right now.

Honestly I think she could hold her own book.
Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#318  Edited By Stormultt

@Decoy Elite said:

@Stormultt: If I'm wrong, then tell me I'm wrong

I shouldn't have to, You should research to see why we really 'like' her.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#319  Edited By Decoy Elite
@Stormultt said:

@Decoy Elite said:

I usually do, by asking fans of the character and looking at their opinions on her.  
Too bad half the time I get insulted or I'm told that "SHE IS THA BEST."
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#320  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

No, because if the character isn't actively doing anything for the company with stats that can be provided..then that's not A-list.

let me rephrase it again:

so a comic character can't be an A-list character if he/she doesn't have a ongoing book that makes money for Marvel?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#321  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Decoy Elite said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Honestly I think she could hold her own book.

THank you! : )

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#322  Edited By Squalleon

@jhazzroucher said:

@Squalleon said:

Storm, whether she has her own ongoing book or not, successful or not, is an A list character.

Especially to think that that's the only one thing that she is lacking according to your definition of an A list character.

But as i said before storm lacks character depth.She is a member of a team and her character is defined by her interactions with her teammates not because of who she is.She was even pushed aside the last years because she wasn't needed! Also an A list character needs to be appreciated by more than the hardcore fanbase!

For example Batman! Even though i am not a fan i care about the characters adventures and i buy the comic! I wouldn't buy a comic about Storm only...Sorry!

Storm is definetely a huge part of the X men but she is a B list character like Cyclops,Jean Grey,Emma Frost etc

Look i am not gonna start a conversation because i know i can't change your mind ,I think that your obsession with Storm is unhealthy :-P

@Mercy_: Thanks :-)

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#323  Edited By Decoy Elite
@jhazzroucher: No need to thank me, it's an honest opinion.  
People seem to think I hate Storm, but I'm just not a big fan. Doesn't mean I don't see that the character does have some potential and a clearly large fan base.
Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#324  Edited By Squalleon

@Target_X: Its like trying to seperate the Fantastic Four!

It would just fail :-P

Stormultt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#325  Edited By Stormultt

@Decoy Elite said:

@Stormultt said:

@Decoy Elite said:

I usually do, by asking fans of the character and looking at their opinions on her. Too bad half the time I get insulted or I'm told that "SHE IS THA BEST."

That's too bad.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#326  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jhazzroucher said:

so a comic character can't be an A-list character if he/she doesn't have a ongoing book that makes money for Marvel?

Exactly....
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#327  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Squalleon said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Squalleon said:

But as i said before storm lacks character depth.She is a member of a team and her character is defined by her interactions with her teammates not because of who she is.She was even pushed aside the last years because she wasn't needed! Also an A list character needs to be appreciated by more than the hardcore fanbase!

For example Batman! Even though i am not a fan i care about the characters adventures and i buy the comic! I wouldn't buy a comic about Storm only...Sorry!

Storm is definetely a huge part of the X men but she is a B list character like Cyclops,Jean Grey,Emma Frost etc

Look i am not gonna start a conversation because i know i can't change your mind ,I think that your obsession with Storm is unhealthy :-P

@Mercy_: Thanks :-)

not really. but thanks for replying. : )

I believe they felt Storm wasn't really needed because they have plans for her which is showing up this year.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#328  Edited By butterflykyss

@Decoy Elite said:

@butterflykyss: See, thank you, that is how you tell me I'm wrong. Which I guess I was, she seems like B list material to me.

That's a step in the right direction LOL!!!

Avatar image for shamelesslysupportinaznballers
Shamelesslysupportinaznballers

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@Vance Astro: Orlando Bloom isn't the main character but being on LOTR films and Pirates of the Caribbean films which most of those films have been on the worldwide top 30 top selling films, makes him an A-list celebrity

Who was the real star in pirates? It wasn't Orlando, it was Johnny Depp & he wasn't even in the 3rd movie! He also wasn't the main star in LOTR, he was just a supporting character part of an ensemble. He wasn't a shitty character but he certainly wasn't as important Frodo or Gandolf. As far as I can remember, Bloom's role has always been that of a supporting actor or part of an ensemble. If you want to call that A-list then fine, Storm & Orlando Bloom are on the A-List just as long as you recognize that there's a list higher than "A" with characters and actors like Wolverine, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Spider-man, Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Johnny Depp, etc, etc, etc but not Storm.

Also being a A-list celebrity doesn't mean much. Kim Kardashian is arguably more of a celebrity than Orlando Bloom.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#330  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Decoy Elite said:

@jhazzroucher: No need to thank me, it's an honest opinion. People seem to think I hate Storm, but I'm just not a big fan. Doesn't mean I don't see that the character does have some potential and a clearly large fan base.

But I wanna thank you so please accept it. : )

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#331  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Exactly....

How is Superman's book doing these past few years?

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

Selling better than Storm's self titled book.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#333  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Vance Astro: Orlando Bloom isn't the main character but being on LOTR films and Pirates of the Caribbean films which most of those films have been on the worldwide top 30 top selling films, makes him an A-list celebrity

Who was the real star in pirates? It wasn't Orlando, it was Johnny Depp & he wasn't even in the 3rd movie! He also wasn't the main star in LOTR, he was just a supporting character part of an ensemble. He wasn't a shitty character but he certainly wasn't as important Frodo or Gandolf. As far as I can remember, Bloom's role has always been that of a supporting actor or part of an ensemble. If you want to call that A-list then fine, Storm & Orlando Bloom are on the A-List just as long as you recognize that there's a list higher than "A" with characters and actors like Wolverine, Superman, Wonder Woman, Batman, Spider-man, Tom Cruise, Will Smith, Johnny Depp, etc, etc, etc but not Storm.

Also being a A-list celebrity doesn't mean much. Kim Kardashian is arguably more of a celebrity than Orlando Bloom.

the only reason Orlando could prolly not be an A list character is because he hasn't been showing up from time to time.

Storm is always in comics, cartoons and films from time to time.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#334  Edited By Squalleon

@jhazzroucher:The problem is that an A list character is always necessary

Anyway All new X men is boring as hell right now and i am gonna drop it in a few issues.So i am looking for a good XM title,i hope Uncanny X men is good and if not i am going for the All female team! I like to see what plans MARVEL has for Storm even though i don't expect something big :-P

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#335  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

Batgirl's own book is doing pretty, pretty well. does that mean she's an A list character?

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#336  Edited By Target_X

@jhazzroucher said:

I wanted to say this, but I resisted. X.x

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#337  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jhazzroucher said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Batgirl's own book is doing pretty, pretty well. does that mean she's an A list character?

YES...She's more popular than Storm too.
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#338  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Target_X said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I think you should compare Superman's book to other characters who have their own book.

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#339  Edited By butterflykyss

@jhazzroucher said:

I already kind of touched on this point. Using the grading system as an example. Wolverine and Deadpool both have a grade of 99/100% while Storm hovers around 93/94%. Though both are not the same level, they are both nonetheless still A's.

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#340  Edited By Target_X

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@jhazzroucher said:

So are, Wonder Woman and Super Girl.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#341  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@Target_X said:

And Catwoman....
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#342  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Target_X said:

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@jhazzroucher said:

well Batgirl's book is doing better than WW and Supergirl. does it mean she's more A-list than them?

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#343  Edited By Target_X

@Vance Astro said:

@Target_X said:

And Catwoman....

Touche! DC pretty much nails it.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#344  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator
@jhazzroucher said:

well Batgirl's book is doing better than WW and Supergirl. does it mean she's more A-list than them?

No. 
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#345  Edited By jhazzroucher

Is Batgirl an A-list character?

Target_X

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#346  Edited By Target_X

@jhazzroucher said:

Is Batgirl an A-list character?

I would say Batgirl is just below Robin (the title, not the character behind the mask) in notoriety.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#347  Edited By jhazzroucher

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

No.

well Batgirl's book is selling better.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@jhazzroucher said:

If you think Storm is A-list then heck yea Batgirl is A-list. She's no Batman, Wonder Woman or Spider-man though but again, those 3 are on a higher list that doesn't include Storm.

In my opinion though, I would rank Batgirl above Storm. Just browse through the freaking costumes during halloween. Nobody dresses up as a slutty Storm, they dress up as slutty Batgirl.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#349  Edited By Squalleon

@jhazzroucher said:

@Target_X said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I think you should compare Superman's book to other characters who have their own book.

Actually it does very well for DC!

Both titles are in the TOP 10

and Superman's sales are getting better since Lobdell managed to put the title in order!

Also superman has a lot of merchandise, Animated movies which sold very well

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#350  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

@jhazzroucher said:

If you think Storm is A-list then heck yea Batgirl is A-list. She's no Batman, Wonder Woman or Spider-man though but again, those 3 are on a higher list that doesn't include Storm.

In my opinion though, I would rank Batgirl above Storm. Just browse through the freaking costumes during halloween. Nobody dresses up as a slutty Storm, they dress up as slutty Batgirl.

Storm is more popular than Batgirl despite of Storm not having her own ongoing.

Besides, Storm has more appearances than her not only in comics, but also in cartoons, video games and films.