#251 Posted by poisonfleur (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

Why couldn't this have died and gone away forever?

Because we can't have nice things, that's why

(;_;) It isn't fair

Life ain't fair. Our only hope is to become an unstoppable force of sass and catchy fierceness, that our fanbase will grow and attract......

Your right! Time to handle some business..

HA!!!

You know I am here to back you up and keep things spicy! :D

Lol

#252 Posted by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

Why couldn't this have died and gone away forever?

Because we can't have nice things, that's why

(;_;) It isn't fair

Life ain't fair. Our only hope is to become an unstoppable force of sass and catchy fierceness, that our fanbase will grow and attract......

Your right! Time to handle some business..

HA!!!

You know I am here to back you up and keep things spicy! :D

Lol

..........................whyyyyyy was that show cancelled?!

#253 Posted by poisonfleur (3136 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@poisonfleur said:

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage said:

@Blood1991 said:

Why couldn't this have died and gone away forever?

Because we can't have nice things, that's why

(;_;) It isn't fair

Life ain't fair. Our only hope is to become an unstoppable force of sass and catchy fierceness, that our fanbase will grow and attract......

Your right! Time to handle some business..

HA!!!

You know I am here to back you up and keep things spicy! :D

Lol

..........................whyyyyyy was that show cancelled?!

Because it lifting the spirits of gays, women, and people of color around the world-- I mean... I don't know why they cancelled Ugly Betty.. lol

Seriously, I have seen shows 10 times worse than this get more seasons. Ugly Betty was gem. Great Girl Power! (& Gay Power! :D )

#254 Posted by butterflykyss (3961 posts) - - Show Bio

@poisonfleur said:

@THUNDERBOLT30 said:

@poisonfleur said:

Have you gone insane??

That 2nd gif LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ....and agreed on your post. Jean is not more A-list worthy than Storm.

That's pretty much the face I had after reading that. No disrespect to him intended. The fact that her fans and popularity trump Wonder Woman's anytime and anyplace should make her an A-lister. Gosh-- they just need to give her a ongoing solo and lay this argument to rest. Luv Gambit, but why on earth did he get his on solo over Storm!???

The world may never know..

@Blood1991 said:

@Teerack said:

@Blood1991: I'd agree with you.

Personally I feel Storm is also a B list character maybe an A in the 90's same with Cyclops.

Are you saying she got demoted of her A-lister title?

As much as I hate to say this.... That is the most sensible thing anyone has said here... And you are probably right. Although she is still an A-lister to me. ;)

I'm going to continue to say she is A-lister because she is... She is not on the level of Wolverine or Deadpool obviously. . I would compare it to this.. Wolverine/Deadpool if graded would get a grade of 100, 99. Storm would get a grade of 93, 94. Is there a difference, yes... but both are still A's at the end of the day.. Point being she is A-list, in movies, merchandise, games, television, toys, importance in X-world.... just not to the degree that her male counterparts are.

#255 Posted by The_Storm_Goddess (22 posts) - - Show Bio

Hmm so when did it become okay to crap on another comic book character to boost up another? This is what makes people dislike Storm because people can't be realistic about the character.

#256 Posted by Roddy010 (5441 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Storm_Goddess said:

Hmm so when did it become okay to crap on another comic book character to boost up another? This is what makes people dislike Storm because people can't be realistic about the character.

What are you talking about?

#257 Posted by White Mage (18751 posts) - - Show Bio

@Roddy010 said:

@The_Storm_Goddess said:

Hmm so when did it become okay to crap on another comic book character to boost up another? This is what makes people dislike Storm because people can't be realistic about the character.

What are you talking about?

I too, would like to know this

#258 Posted by butterflykyss (3961 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@Roddy010 said:

@The_Storm_Goddess said:

Hmm so when did it become okay to crap on another comic book character to boost up another? This is what makes people dislike Storm because people can't be realistic about the character.

What are you talking about?

I too, would like to know this

QFT???

#259 Posted by Son Of Storm (11187 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Storm_Goddess said:

Hmm so when did it become okay to crap on another comic book character to boost up another? This is what makes people dislike Storm because people can't be realistic about the character.

OFF with you head!

#260 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@The_Storm_Goddess said:

Hmm so when did it become okay to crap on another comic book character to boost up another? This is what makes people dislike Storm because people can't be realistic about the character.

Welcome to the Storm forum! : )

Online
#261 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Teerack said:

@poisonfleur: @White Mage: Considering Storm is usually over looked within comics and by writers all the time, and that Jean Grey has been the focus of a lot of major marvel stories. Even when she's been dead for over 8 years now she still manages to become the center of attention from time to time. It must take a lot of denial to laugh.

That being said she will probably be shoved down our throats soon.With Marvel NOW really being Marvel's ways of competing with DC's sudden interest in minorities, and Storm being black, a woman, and a leader Marvel will probably go crazy with her only for those reason.

Jean has been the focus before. But not now and for a while.

Jean is usually center of attention when she's Phoenix. I am glad she was OP in UMVC3 because it really made her popular..

But while Storm was no longer OP in MVC3, she still is popular.

Wolverine and Storm usually represent the X-men

Online
#262 Posted by butterflykyss (3961 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@The_Storm_Goddess said:

Hmm so when did it become okay to crap on another comic book character to boost up another? This is what makes people dislike Storm because people can't be realistic about the character.

OFF with you head!

**GASP** OH MY!!!! LOL

#263 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is an A-list character considering that she has the most appearances among women of Marvel.

Online
#264 Edited by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm isn't A-List. She never was and she probably never will be.In fact no female Marvel characters are A-list. The A-list are characters that Marvel trusts with their money. Any character that has survived for a long time in the area of selling books and merchandise for Marvel are A-list, every else is placed somewhere else. Marvel doesn't need Storm. They could kill her off forever and nothing would be different. Even if you think of this in terms of celebrities, the ones they call A-list are those that are most profitable. There's really no stats to suggest Storm is actually making Marvel any money at least not on a level comparable to what their actual A-list (Cap,Iron Man,Wolvie,Spidey etc.) has made them. 

Moderator
#265 Posted by Son Of Storm (11187 posts) - - Show Bio
@butterflykyss said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@The_Storm_Goddess said:

Hmm so when did it become okay to crap on another comic book character to boost up another? This is what makes people dislike Storm because people can't be realistic about the character.

OFF with you head!

**GASP** OH MY!!!! LOL

I'm very bored at the moment. Mix that in with my current mood and you get that.
#266 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

Storm isn't A-List. She never was and she probably never will be.In fact no female Marvel characters are A-list. The A-list are characters that Marvel trusts with their money. Any character that has survived for a long time in the area of selling books and merchandise for Marvel are A-list, every else is placed somewhere else. Marvel doesn't need Storm. They could kill her off forever and nothing would be different. Even if you think of this in terms of celebrities, the ones they call A-list are those that are most profitable. There's really no stats to suggest Storm is actually making Marvel any money at least not on a level comparable to what their actual A-list (Cap,Iron Man,Wolvie,Spidey etc.) has made them.

I think Storm is the only woman in marvel Comics that can be considered an A-List character.

Marvel has given Dazzler, Ms Marvel, etc their own ongoing but they're not A-list.

Online
#267 Edited by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

I think Storm is the only woman in marvel Comics that can be considered an A-List character.

Marvel has given Dazzler, Ms Marvel, etc their own ongoing but they're not A-list.

The question is, what makes her "A-List"? Based on my criteria and what "A-List" means for celebrities, which is the instance where it's most used and probably where the term comes from in the first place..Storm doesn't fit. She's C-list at best. Dazz & Carol aren't A-list but I pretty much just said that. I don't think ANY female characters are A-list. The A-List IMO is like 10 characters long and the like the last 4 is even pushing it and Storm isn't even as bankable or popular as certain characters I DON'T think are A-List.
Moderator
#268 Posted by butterflykyss (3961 posts) - - Show Bio

@Son Of Storm said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@The_Storm_Goddess said:

Hmm so when did it become okay to crap on another comic book character to boost up another? This is what makes people dislike Storm because people can't be realistic about the character.

OFF with you head!

**GASP** OH MY!!!! LOL

I'm very bored at the moment. Mix that in with my current mood and you get that.

LOL.. OK, Got you ditto the bored.. I'm at work read to go!!!

#269 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

I think Storm is the only woman in marvel Comics that can be considered an A-List character.

Marvel has given Dazzler, Ms Marvel, etc their own ongoing but they're not A-list.

The question is, what makes her "A-List"? Based on my criteria and what "A-List" means for celebrities, which is the instance where it's most used and probably where the term comes from in the first place..Storm doesn't fit. She's C-list at best. Dazz & Carol aren't A-list but I pretty much just said that. I don't think ANY female characters are A-list. The A-List IMO is like 10 characters long and the like the last 4 is even pushing it and Storm isn't even as bankable or popular as certain characters I DON'T think are A-List.

Nope. the fact that even Storm wasn't given her own ongoing and still managed to overshine others when it comes to appearances and popularity and recognizability, makes her an A list character.

Online
#270 Posted by Son Of Storm (11187 posts) - - Show Bio
@butterflykyss said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Son Of Storm said:

@The_Storm_Goddess said:

Hmm so when did it become okay to crap on another comic book character to boost up another? This is what makes people dislike Storm because people can't be realistic about the character.

OFF with you head!

**GASP** OH MY!!!! LOL

I'm very bored at the moment. Mix that in with my current mood and you get that.

LOL.. OK, Got you ditto the bored.. I'm at work read to go!!!

Lol.
#271 Edited by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

Nope. the fact that even Storm wasn't given her own ongoing and still managed to overshine others when it comes to appearances and popularity and recognizability, makes her an A list character.

She only over-shined other female characters and seeing as how almost none of them are even popular..that's not saying much. That's the criteria you're going by? The fact she's popular without having an ongoing? Yet the company that publishes HOWARD THE DUCK doesn't have enough faith in her selling ability to give her an ongoing? C'mon son...
Moderator
#272 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm is as A list as Stilt-Man.   

#273 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Nope. the fact that even Storm wasn't given her own ongoing and still managed to overshine others when it comes to appearances and popularity and recognizability, makes her an A list character.

She only over-shined other female characters and seeing as how almost none of them are even popular..that's not saying much. That's the criteria you're going by? The fact she's popular without having an ongoing? Yet the company that publishes HOWARD THE DUCK doesn't have enough faith in her selling ability to give her an ongoing? C'mon son...

Storm overshined them because she's an awesome and unique character. I mean why would people, especially from other companies would choose Wolverine and Storm to represent the x-men on video games, etc?

even when promoting the x-men films, it was Storm and Wolverine pictures being used

Online
#274 Posted by butterflykyss (3961 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

Storm is as A list as Stilt-Man.

WHo is Stilt-Man??? What movie or video game was he featured in??? Toys??

#275 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@butterflykyss said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Storm is as A list as Stilt-Man.

WHo is Stilt-Man??? What movie or video game was he featured in??? Toys??

I don't even know him.

Online
#276 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@butterflykyss said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Storm is as A list as Stilt-Man.

WHo is Stilt-Man??? What movie or video game was he featured in??? Toys??

Everyone knows Stilt-Man he is the butt of every joke about crappy villains.   
Seriously though, I was makin' a joke. 
Although Storm really isn't A list. I'd say she's C list at best.
#277 Edited by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Nope. the fact that even Storm wasn't given her own ongoing and still managed to overshine others when it comes to appearances and popularity and recognizability, makes her an A list character.

She only over-shined other female characters and seeing as how almost none of them are even popular..that's not saying much. That's the criteria you're going by? The fact she's popular without having an ongoing? Yet the company that publishes HOWARD THE DUCK doesn't have enough faith in her selling ability to give her an ongoing? C'mon son...

Her mini series showed she could sell better than the current x-factor, etc.

Marvel just doesn't care giving her an own ongoing, prolly because they have Thor whose powers are kinda similar to Storm's and Black Panther to represent the black community.

Online
#278 Posted by butterflykyss (3961 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Storm is as A list as Stilt-Man.

WHo is Stilt-Man??? What movie or video game was he featured in??? Toys??

I don't even know him.

Exactly my point.. and EVERYONE knows who Storm is... question.. what is anime storm storm fronts???

#279 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Storm is as A list as Stilt-Man.

WHo is Stilt-Man??? What movie or video game was he featured in??? Toys??

I don't even know him.

Pick up an non-X book for once then. :P
#280 Posted by butterflykyss (3961 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Storm is as A list as Stilt-Man.

WHo is Stilt-Man??? What movie or video game was he featured in??? Toys??

I don't even know him.

Pick up an non-X book for once then. :P

HAHAHAHAH I didn't think you could answer that question :D

#281 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

Storm overshined them because she's an awesome and unique character. I mean why would people, especially from other companies would choose Wolverine and Storm to represent the x-men on video games, etc?

even when promoting the x-men films, it was Storm and Wolverine pictures being used

Why she outshined them doesn't really matter. What matters is the fact that female characters contribute damn near nothing to Marvel as a company. Which means NONE of them are A-list. The only reason Storm reps the X-Men in video games is either because the game is about them and she's an important character to their mythos or because otherwise there wouldn't be any black characters in the game if they don't use Storm. She covers to minorities in comics. 
Moderator
#282 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@butterflykyss: You mean what movies he's been in? None. What video games? None. What toys? Actually I think there were some DD related ones. 
But you know why he rarely shows up in other media? Same reason that Bizzarro isn't going to show up in a Superman film. Because he's pretty ridiculous and won't work in other mediums.  
#283 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro: Orlando Bloom isn't the main character but being on LOTR films and Pirates of the Caribbean films which most of those films have been on the worldwide top 30 top selling films, makes him an A-list celebrity

Online
#284 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio

But let's not turn this into Stilt-Man vs Storm.  Because that'd be silly.

#285 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

Her mini series showed she could sell better than the current x-factor, etc.

I guess that's why X-Factor is still going and she hasn't had a mini in years.....Let's not pretend she has the ability to sell because an issue of a miniseries charted for a short time.  There have months where X-23 & Ms.Marvel outsold Wolverine,Iron Man,Thor,Cap etc but eventually the sales dropped enough for those books to cancelled.
 
@jhazzroucher said:

Marvel just doesn't care giving her an own ongoing, prolly because they have Thor whose powers are kinda similar to Storm's and Black Panther to represent the black community.

This would make sense if all the female characters who have had successful ongoings weren't just a female version of a more popular male character.
Moderator
#286 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm overshined them because she's an awesome and unique character. I mean why would people, especially from other companies would choose Wolverine and Storm to represent the x-men on video games, etc?

even when promoting the x-men films, it was Storm and Wolverine pictures being used

Why she outshined them doesn't really matter. What matters is the fact that female characters contribute damn near nothing to Marvel as a company. Which means NONE of them are A-list. The only reason Storm reps the X-Men in video games is either because the game is about them and she's an important character to their mythos or because otherwise there wouldn't be any black characters in the game if they don't use Storm. She covers to minorities in comics.

You speak truth good sir. It's unfortunate, but Marvel really doesn't put much backing to their women characters. DC does a much better job of it, but even they fall short of the mark. However, I really don't think you can debate reasonably with Jhazz.

#287 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm overshined them because she's an awesome and unique character. I mean why would people, especially from other companies would choose Wolverine and Storm to represent the x-men on video games, etc?

even when promoting the x-men films, it was Storm and Wolverine pictures being used

Why she outshined them doesn't really matter. What matters is the fact that female characters contribute damn near nothing to Marvel as a company. Which means NONE of them are A-list. The only reason Storm reps the X-Men in video games is either because the game is about them and she's an important character to their mythos or because otherwise there wouldn't be any black characters in the game if they don't use Storm. She covers to minorities in comics.

Marvel remains competitive because of their women.

And I don't think the x-men series would be successful if the women weren't awesome.

Outshining matters.

How come in the first Marvel super hero squad video game, they chose Falcon over Black Panther?

Besides, they could get Psylocke or Bishop.

But since Storm is more recognizable and more popular, she gets the job.

Online
#288 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

@Vance Astro: Orlando Bloom isn't the main character but being on LOTR films and Pirates of the Caribbean films which most of those films have been on the worldwide top 30 top selling films, makes him an A-list celebrity

Orlando Bloom is a bigger draw for films than Storm is for comics so this is a ridiculous comparison...
Moderator
#289 Edited by butterflykyss (3961 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@butterflykyss: You mean what movies he's been in? None. What video games? None. What toys? Actually I think there were some DD related ones. But you know why he rarely shows up in other media? Same reason that Bizzarro isn't going to show up in a Superman film. Because he's pretty ridiculous and won't work in other mediums.

Thank you! You have sufficiently proved my point to why your initial comparison was severely flawed. :) But I concur this is not a versus thread LOL!!! But if it were STilt Man would be stomped based on your admissions alone

#290 Edited by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Vance Astro: Orlando Bloom isn't the main character but being on LOTR films and Pirates of the Caribbean films which most of those films have been on the worldwide top 30 top selling films, makes him an A-list celebrity

Orlando Bloom is a bigger draw for films than Storm is for comics so this is a ridiculous comparison...

BUt Orlando really didn't have a successful film when is the the main character.

he is a supporting character but it doesn't mean he can't be an A list celebrity.

LOTR and POTC can be compared to the x-men's worldwide success in comics history

Online
#291 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@butterflykyss said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@butterflykyss: You mean what movies he's been in? None. What video games? None. What toys? Actually I think there were some DD related ones. But you know why he rarely shows up in other media? Same reason that Bizzarro isn't going to show up in a Superman film. Because he's pretty ridiculous and won't work in other mediums.

Thank you! You have sufficiently proved my point to why your initial comparison was severely flawed. :) But I concur this is not a versus thread LOL!!! But if it were STilt Man would be stomped based on your admissions alone

Wow! It's almost like my comparison was a joke! Like I said it was! I'm glad you read my first response and didn't waste my time trying to prove Storm is better than a D list Daredevil villain.
#292 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@jhazzroucher said:

Marvel remains competitive because of their women.

How is this true if Marvel's female characters are always hovering in cancellation land and DC's are actually selling? Marvel remains competitive because their A-list books sell more than those that are produced by smaller publishing companies. The only reason you even SEE their female characters getting ongoings is because they have enough money to try something that hasn't previously worked for them. 
 
@jhazzroucher said:

And I don't think the x-men series would be successful if the women weren't awesome.

Impossible to prove that. 
 
@jhazzroucher said:

Outshining matters.

Not when you're outshining characters that aren't very popular.  
 
@jhazzroucher said:

How come in the first Marvel super hero squad video game, they chose Falcon over Black Panther?

Falcon appears more on Super Hero Squad than Black Panther. 
 
@jhazzroucher said:

Besides, they could get Psylocke or Bishop.

But since Storm is more recognizable and more popular, she gets the job.

You're still not getting it. Psylocke is female but she's not black..and there are to other telepath types that are far more popular than her (Jean & Emma). Bishop ISN'T popular. Nobody cares about him. Getting a "job" over Bishop means nothing. 
Moderator
#293 Posted by butterflykyss (3961 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Storm is as A list as Stilt-Man.

WHo is Stilt-Man??? What movie or video game was he featured in??? Toys??

Everyone knows Stilt-Man he is the butt of every joke about crappy villains. Seriously though, I was makin' a joke. Although Storm really isn't A list. I'd say she's C list at best.

Oh my bad.. i didn't see this lol.. why C list at best??

#294 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@butterflykyss said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Storm is as A list as Stilt-Man.

WHo is Stilt-Man??? What movie or video game was he featured in??? Toys??

Everyone knows Stilt-Man he is the butt of every joke about crappy villains. Seriously though, I was makin' a joke. Although Storm really isn't A list. I'd say she's C list at best.

Oh my bad.. i didn't see this lol.. why C list at best??

Because to my knowledge she's never even gotten a mini or something.  
I bump her up to B list if she was stressed as a leader more often, and maybe got her own mini once in a while. 
#295 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Her mini series showed she could sell better than the current x-factor, etc.

I guess that's why X-Factor is still going and she hasn't had a mini in years.....Let's not pretend she has the ability to sell because an issue of a miniseries charted for a short time. There have months where X-23 & Ms.Marvel outsold Wolverine,Iron Man,Thor,Cap etc but eventually the sales dropped enough for those books to cancelled.

@jhazzroucher said:

Marvel just doesn't care giving her an own ongoing, prolly because they have Thor whose powers are kinda similar to Storm's and Black Panther to represent the black community.

This would make sense if all the female characters who have had successful ongoings weren't just a female version of a more popular male character.

but the fact is Marvel didn't give Storm an ongoing solo while Gambit and Morbius got one. So are you telling me Morbius can sell better than Storm?

Online
#296 Posted by Vance Astro (91415 posts) - - Show Bio
@Target_X said:

You speak truth good sir. It's unfortunate, but Marvel really doesn't put much backing to their women characters. 

The mistakes they make with female characters is so obvious and it's weird they haven't caught on yet.
Moderator
#297 Posted by Stormultt (5227 posts) - - Show Bio

@Decoy Elite said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Decoy Elite said:

@butterflykyss said:

@Decoy Elite said:

Storm is as A list as Stilt-Man.

WHo is Stilt-Man??? What movie or video game was he featured in??? Toys??

Everyone knows Stilt-Man he is the butt of every joke about crappy villains. Seriously though, I was makin' a joke. Although Storm really isn't A list. I'd say she's C list at best.

Oh my bad.. i didn't see this lol.. why C list at best??

Because to my knowledge she's never even gotten a mini or something

What are you doing in this section?

#298 Posted by Target_X (379 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@Target_X said:

You speak truth good sir. It's unfortunate, but Marvel really doesn't put much backing to their women characters.

The mistakes they make with female characters is so obvious and it's weird they haven't caught on yet.

What's obvious to the masses is often not so obvious to the companies at fault. There is some kind of major disconnect there, one I've never really understood.

#299 Posted by Decoy Elite (29923 posts) - - Show Bio
@Stormultt: Talkin' about Storm. I always come here every so often to see if I can find out what makes people like her so much.  
Not that it really matters. I don't need a real reason to post in this section.
#300 Posted by jhazzroucher (16509 posts) - - Show Bio

@Vance Astro said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Marvel remains competitive because of their women.

How is this true if Marvel's female characters are always hovering in cancellation land and DC's are actually selling? Marvel remains competitive because their A-list books sell more than those that are produced by smaller publishing companies. The only reason you even SEE their female characters getting ongoings is because they have enough money to try something that hasn't previously worked for them.

@jhazzroucher said:

And I don't think the x-men series would be successful if the women weren't awesome.

Impossible to prove that.

@jhazzroucher said:

Outshining matters.

Not when you're outshining characters that aren't very popular.

@jhazzroucher said:

How come in the first Marvel super hero squad video game, they chose Falcon over Black Panther?

Falcon appears more on Super Hero Squad than Black Panther.

@jhazzroucher said:

Besides, they could get Psylocke or Bishop.

But since Storm is more recognizable and more popular, she gets the job.

You're still not getting it. Psylocke is female but she's not black..and there are to other telepath types that are far more popular than her (Jean & Emma). Bishop ISN'T popular. Nobody cares about him. Getting a "job" over Bishop means nothing.

1. It's also impossible to prove that that the x-men have become successful because of the men.

2. Why? Didn't all the x-men characters started as strangers to people's eyes? Wolverine outshone the other x-men that's why he gets his own book. Morbius didn't outshine but he got his own book. It really just depends on what Marvel is planning. But again, it doesn''t mean when a comic character doesn't have his/her own book , he/she can't be an A list character

Online