Is Ororo Munroe aka Storm an A-List Character?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@grenadeflow said:

@devilsgrin81 said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@raylo85 said:

Hands down storm is an A-list character. Whether or not she's held a sucessful so serious doesn't matter. If that were the case there would are be no women or minorities on the A list. So outside of white men being the only a-listers we have to look in the world of women and minorities. Storm has been in the forefront of the x-men for over 25 years from the comics to the cartoon to the movies. She is one of the most recognizable female/African American superheroes. There have been dozens of story arcs where she's been a central character in for more than a decade she was the main leader of the x-men. The fact that my mother, who has never read a comic book, can recognize and knows who storm is shows you how popular she is. So besides Wonder Woman she is the most popular female superhero and I can't even compare another minority to her, she is probably the most recognizable and popular minority character. Therefore she is an a-lister.

Thank you for the post. : )

have to agree.

there are VERY few female a-list characters from either house of comics... and from the marvel side only one has earned it... Storm. Black Widow is now the only rival, and her position is solely based on the success of the movies, and Scarlett Johansson's deriere.

DC brings us WW and Catwoman... and, like Black Widow - and for similar enough reasons (Batman TAS vs. The Avengers movie), Harley Quinn...

The thing is Storm hasn't earned anything. There are no facts to back Storm being A-list

BUt there is

What exactly she's only in the movies and cartoons by association, you need to be able to carry an ongoing to be called A-List

it's not only. besides, movies and cartoon and video games are bigger medium than comics.

and she isn't at the forefront of any of the above

She unintentionally came out as the forefront in MVC2. She and Jean are also the best female ladies to use in UMVC3.

In cartoons, she had her moments too.

In movies, she's one of the main characters

MideonNViscera

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I'd say she's mostly treated as an A-list character. They just never, ever use for her anything.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

@westy206 said:

My mother, my sister, my dad, my girlfriend and my friends who have never read comics know exactly who Storm is. My gf hasn't even watched the films and she knows who she is. If a character is known by the majority they are A-list. She is more A-list than many who have their own comics (it doesn't matter if they have a solo) Hawkeye, captain marvel, gambit, deadpool. If I got out my top trumps and covered the names I'm sure everyone would know who Storm is.

Is that enough to be called A-list? And how do you judge that the majority knows about her?

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2104  Edited By westy206
Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

If she's not she's damn near close.

Nuff said.

(+)

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westy206: I'm not totally sure. It's not something I think about often, and I don't know if there's a true definition. The fact that Storm merchandise is fairly uncommon compared to that of Batman, Superman, Spider-Man, Wonder Woman etc makes me think she's less than A-list, as if she was as popular as them, someone would want to make money off of that popularity.

I think A-list should reflect popularity as well as recognition, and I just don't think Storm is popular enough on her own. She's in a popular team, and has been included in things as part of that, but I don't know of much that can show that she's popular on her own.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2107  Edited By westy206

@v_scarlotte_rose: each member of the rolling stones are a-list rockers. Being apart of a team or group doesn't lower your public standing. Being a-list and being sellable in my opinion is two different things aswell. She must be a pretty big character that in the first x-men movie, out of the actual x-men the most famous actor was Halle Berry playing Storm.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westy206: Does that make every X-Men A-list then? My point about the being sellable is that if a character is well known, there's more of a chance of them being popular enough to sell products, which Storm isn't so much compared to some other characters. If A-list is just about knowing who a character is, but not actually being interested in them, A-list doesn't sound particularly special, or much of an achievement.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@v_scarlotte_rose: no as many people don't know who Marrow or Maggot are. I would say there are many A-list x-men but you must remember the x-men are VERY popular.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westy206 said:

@v_scarlotte_rose: no as many people don't know who Marrow or Maggot are. I would say there are many A-list x-men but you must remember the x-men are VERY popular.

True. the X-men is a very popular group but not all of its members are A-list.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2111  Edited By westy206

@jhazzroucher: well every one will have their own views. In my own opinion Storm, Wolverine and Cyclops are all A List.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westy206 said:

@jhazzroucher: well every one will have their own views. In my own opinion Storm, Wolverine and Cyclops are all A List.

I think Magneto should be included.

westy206

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2113  Edited By westy206

@jhazzroucher: I think you're right Magneto aswell.

Merry Christmas.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@westy206 said:

@jhazzroucher: I think you're right Magneto aswell.

Merry Christmas.

Professor X has a good exposure in movies but he lacks in other forms of media that's why I don't really consider him an A-list character.

Avatar image for martianmanhunterisbetterthancy
MartianManhunterIsBetterThanCyborg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

No. She's a high B-lister like Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Martian Manhunter, Black Widow, etc.

A-List are characters that has broken into mainstream pop culture and stayed there. Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Wonder Woman, Wolverine, Hulk, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern and more recently Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2116  Edited By jhazzroucher

No. She's a high B-lister like Green Arrow, Hawkeye, Martian Manhunter, Black Widow, etc.

A-List are characters that has broken into mainstream pop culture and stayed there. Superman, Batman, Spiderman, Wonder Woman, Wolverine, Hulk, Aquaman, Flash, Green Lantern and more recently Iron Man, Captain America and Thor.

Avengers cartoons haven't been popular and the Avengers members haven't been as popular as the x-men characters in video games.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@martianmanhunterisbetterthancy said:

Avengers cartoons haven't been popular and the Avengers members haven't been as popular as the x-men characters in video games.

Yet the live action films have propelled them to a higher status than that of the X-men.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2118  Edited By jhazzroucher

@jhazzroucher said:

Yet the live action films have propelled them to a higher status than that of the X-men.

Numbers still mean something. It's just one movie that did well. If we're going to imagine the future, there are more x-men films that will be played on the television because the x-men have a lot of movies already.

I don't think Aquaman and Green Lantern should be on your list. I don't think WW should be too since she's not been present in movies, had only 1 cartoon series called Justice league that made her appear in tv at least and not popular in video games.

The x-men is popular in all forms of media, though not really doing great but they're still very popular especially Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops (though he lacks popularity just a bit in video games) and Magneto (not having a lot of appearances because he's mainly used as a villain)

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

Numbers still mean something. It's just one movie that did well. If we're going to imagine the future, there are more x-men films that will be played on the television because the x-men have a lot of movies already.

I don't think Aquaman and Green Lantern should be on your list. I don't think WW should be too since she's not been present in movies, had only 1 cartoon series called Justice league that made her appear in tv at least and not popular in video games.

The x-men is popular in all forms of media, though not really doing great but they're still very popular especially Wolverine, Storm, Cyclops (though he lacks popularity just a bit in video games) and Magneto (not having a lot of appearances because he's mainly used as a villain)

Just because there are more X-men films doesn't mean they are more popular than the Avengers. In the 80s to maybe early 2000s you could argue that they were extremely popular, but the Avengers have taken over. And it hasn't been just one film. Iron Man, a guy whose comics don't even sell that well, is able to crack the billion mark with Iron Man 3. The films are propelling Iron Man to the same plateau as Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and Wolverine. And Marvel is pushing the Avengers far more in comics and other mediums than they are any other property because they want to capitalize on the properties that they own film wise.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman are on the list because they are A-list, thanks to Superfriends (and the Lynda Carter TV show for Wonder Woman). Green Lantern is arguable these days, but he's still a top DC property.

And Wolverine is the only X-men that's A-list by far. Next you could argue Xavier and Magneto, but Storm and Cyclops don't even come close.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Just because there are more X-men films doesn't mean they are more popular than the Avengers. In the 80s to maybe early 2000s you could argue that they were extremely popular, but the Avengers have taken over. And it hasn't been just one film. Iron Man, a guy whose comics don't even sell that well, is able to crack the billion mark with Iron Man 3. The films are propelling Iron Man to the same plateau as Superman, Batman, Spiderman, and Wolverine. And Marvel is pushing the Avengers far more in comics and other mediums than they are any other property because they want to capitalize on the properties that they own film wise.

Aquaman and Wonder Woman are on the list because they are A-list, thanks to Superfriends (and the Lynda Carter TV show for Wonder Woman). Green Lantern is arguable these days, but he's still a top DC property.

And Wolverine is the only X-men that's A-list by far. Next you could argue Xavier and Magneto, but Storm and Cyclops don't even come close.

I don't think The Avengers have taken over. The X-men broke records. The advantage of The Avengers though is that most of its members have their own movies. Perhaps in movies, the X-men are kinda beaten but in comics, in televisions, in video games, etc, they're not.

Aquaman is definitely not an A-list. As for WW, sorry but those stuff you've mentioned to back her up are way way back when there were just a few televisions and theaters worldwide. Thank the Justice League cartoons because because of that cartoon series, people remember her existence. i know she's doing well in comics but comics is not a big exposure.

Xavier and Magneto more iconic than Storm and Cyclops? No way. Storm and Cyclops are more iconic than Prof X and Magneto.

raylo85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2121  Edited By raylo85

storm is the most popular and recognizable comic character of color in both universes, Marvel and DC. We cannot measure her worth solely on her presence in comics. Some characters solo series are so HUGE and successful that you can base their worth off just that. however, comics are a small medium compared to video games, merchandise(toys,Halloween costumes etc.),TV and movies. When a character is exposed in all of those worlds,then we must consider those too. As a female and as black superhero she has had great success.

I know some of you have compared her to Wolverine Superman and Batman, but sadly this is a man's world, as they say, and a woman she will never have the success they have. I mean come on, it's mostly men who read comics so do you really think Wonder Woman or storm or Catwoman or Ms.Marvel will ever out-sell Batman or Superman or Spiderman? Absolutely not! So you're comparing apples to oranges. since A-list is a term from Hollywood lets use Hollywood as an example.

1. Just because you're not hot right now does not mean you're not A-list. Legends will always be A-listers ie: Superman, Batman, Captain America, Wonder Woman.To compare that to Hollywood you can use Robert Redford,Barbra Streisand, Michael Jackson and Tom Cruise.

2. Julia Roberts is a huge star and definitely considered to be on the A list. Now if we collected the revenue from all her films and compared them to Will Smith, Tom Cruise or Harrison Ford, her total is considerably lower than the men. Now is she not A list because of that? Absolutely not.

3. Then we try to compare Storm to Wonder Woman, yes they are both women but there are still some other factors to take into consideration before we compare them. How about Storm is black and Wonder Woman is white. We are told every day that the color of our skin Does not matter and shouldn't, but it does. From the real world to even sales in comics, minorities will always have a harder time matching or the passing the success of a caucasian person. Example, Jenifer Lopez is a huge star, the most successful Latino celebrity and considered to be on the A list. Latinos are one of the least represented minorities in Hollywood. She sold millions of records, number one hit songs, profitable and number one movies and she was a huge success American Idol. But Madonna has outsold her ENORMOUSLY, won more awards and is more popular.Does this mean JLO is not an A-list star? Of course she is.

First we must take our own feelings out of it , just because you may not like the person does not mean that they have not made an impact. Second we cannot compare the success off to individuals to determine whether or not they are Alist. To be on the A list, success is determined only within and not compared. There you will find the impact they made. Its mostly about the impact not always the numbers. So let's stop comparing apples to oranges and look at Storm's impact on comics and the real world.Kim Kardashian, believe it or not is an A List star. She could walk into a popular and overbooked restaurant and get any seat she wanted. People get offended when they hear she an A list because she's not an actress or musicians. We forget how big reality TV has become. Even though her stardom emerged due to a sex tape, she is still the biggest and highest paid reality star and her merchandise Empire is selling millions. let's restart this conversation over and think about the Impact storm has made as comic book character. She has made a great impact on the African American culture. She is still the most popular, and most recognizable African american character in comics. That alone qualifies her to the JLO factor. Storm is definitely A-list

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Definitely not A list.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raylo85 said:

storm is the most popular and recognizable comic character of color in both universes, Marvel and DC. We cannot measure her worth solely on her presence in comics. Some characters solo series are so HUGE and successful that you can base their worth off just that. however, comics are a small medium compared to video games, merchandise(toys,Halloween costumes etc.),TV and movies. When a character is exposed in all of those worlds,then we must consider those too. As a female and as black superhero she has had great success.

I know some of you have compared her to Wolverine Superman and Batman, but sadly this is a man's world, as they say, and a woman she will never have the success they have. I mean come on, it's mostly men who read comics so do you really think Wonder Woman or storm or Catwoman or Ms.Marvel will ever out-sell Batman or Superman or Spiderman? Absolutely not! So you're comparing apples to oranges. since A-list is a term from Hollywood lets use Hollywood as an example.

1. Just because you're not hot right now does not mean you're not A-list. Legends will always be A-listers ie: Superman, Batman, Captain America, Wonder Woman.To compare that to Hollywood you can use Robert Redford,Barbra Streisand, Michael Jackson and Tom Cruise.

2. Julia Roberts is a huge star and definitely considered to be on the A list. Now if we collected the revenue from all her films and compared them to Will Smith, Tom Cruise or Harrison Ford, her total is considerably lower than the men. Now is she not A list because of that? Absolutely not.

3. Then we try to compare Storm to Wonder Woman, yes they are both women but there are still some other factors to take into consideration before we compare them. How about Storm is black and Wonder Woman is white. We are told every day that the color of our skin Does not matter and shouldn't, but it does. From the real world to even sales in comics, minorities will always have a harder time matching or the passing the success of a caucasian person. Example, Jenifer Lopez is a huge star, the most successful Latino celebrity and considered to be on the A list. Latinos are one of the least represented minorities in Hollywood. She sold millions of records, number one hit songs, profitable and number one movies and she was a huge success American Idol. But Madonna has outsold her ENORMOUSLY, won more awards and is more popular.Does this mean JLO is not an A-list star? Of course she is.

First we must take our own feelings out of it , just because you may not like the person does not mean that they have not made an impact. Second we cannot compare the success off to individuals to determine whether or not they are Alist. To be on the A list, success is determined only within and not compared. There you will find the impact they made. Its mostly about the impact not always the numbers. So let's stop comparing apples to oranges and look at Storm's impact on comics and the real world.Kim Kardashian, believe it or not is an A List star. She could walk into a popular and overbooked restaurant and get any seat she wanted. People get offended when they hear she an A list because she's not an actress or musicians. We forget how big reality TV has become. Even though her stardom emerged due to a sex tape, she is still the biggest and highest paid reality star and her merchandise Empire is selling millions. let's restart this conversation over and think about the Impact storm has made as comic book character. She has made a great impact on the African American culture. She is still the most popular, and most recognizable African american character in comics. That alone qualifies her to the JLO factor. Storm is definitely A-list

The bolded one is so true!

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raylo85 said:

Excellent post and very true. Storm is A-list

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@raylo85 said:

Excellent post and very true. Storm is A-list

hi butterflykyss! : )

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2126  Edited By gokuwarrior
gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

storm fans always throwing shades against wonder woman.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@raylo85: @butterflykyss: I'm sorry but how is Wonder Woman not A list, a character people know worldwide and dress up as for costume parties but Storm, a lesser known and quite frankly lesser character both in popularity and interest, is A list? The logic doesn't add up there. Storm's definitely not an A list character for certain. B/C tier at best.

Outside_85

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 39

User Lists: 1

I wont agree that Storm is an A-list character just because she gets featured a lot in mediums outside of comics (because she rarely plays any major roles when she does). And I especially wont agree with that notion that she is an A-list and Wonder Woman is not, because I quite frankly believe that more people know who Wonder Woman is than they know who Storm is.

All that said, I will agree that Storm, in her own ways (as a superheroine of color, and as an X-Men member) she is A-list, but in on the great chart of superhero rankings (even within the Marvel U)... a B at best.

2cool4fun

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#2130  Edited By 2cool4fun

I honestly think she's a B list character. I mean not even Iron Man can be counted as an A list hero. ( well now with the mainstream popularity, maybe he can )

But if we cut out all of Marvel and only leave the X-men universe. Then she would be an A list character.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2131  Edited By GrenadeFlow

@gokuwarrior said:

Its ridiculous Wonder Woman has long lasting ongoings to prove she's A-list unlike Storm who is basically a token black character for the posters and covers

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2132 vance_astro  Moderator

This argument doesn't go on for 43 pages unless she's simply not A-list.

Avatar image for wonderwomanfan8
WonderWomanFan8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Lol...Storm is an alleged A list hero and Wonder Woman isn't? Just because WW doesn't have a live action presence YET doesn't mean that she didn't have cultural significance, or have a big impact on mainstream pop culture. Just because she doesn't have a film presence right now, doesn't mean she isn't a recognizable figure.

Let's not forget that as a character, Wonder Woman pre-dates Storm's existence by over thirty years. DC was able to at least get a solo animated film for Wonder Woman. Yes, Storm has appeared in live action X Men movies, but has she got a movie focusing on her story alone? Does Storm have her own unique collection of a rogues gallery? Have there been any talks of SOLO Storm television pilots floating around...??

Until then...

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I will give Storm a solid B-B+....she is one of the best known female characters in the marvel universe, but not that known outside of the comic book world.

Wonder Woman is totally A list. Its pretty insulting really that anyone would suggest she isn't. I'd say she is one of the top 5 characters in DC/Marvel of all time...

Just look at the number of forum postings various characters have...Wonder Woman is ahead of Thor, Hulk, Wolverine and Iron Man...over 1,200 posts. Storm has, oh 200 odd posts on this forum.... That shows what a popular and important character WW is on CV and anyone older than 40 (like me) remembers the Wonder Woman series and rates her as a very important character....enough of this Wonder Woman trolling!!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2135  Edited By jhazzroucher

You were late to come here Bezza because if Storm threads were not deleted, Storm's forum has higher number of posts than WW's forum.

Let's see.

Storm appears to more than 6,000 comics while WW has less.

Storm appears in almost 40 video games while WW has less than 20.

Storm appears in more than 5 films ( including cameos) while WW hasless than 5.

Storm has appeared more in cartoon series than WW too.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can say that WW is A-list while I can say Storm is beating her in numbers and it can be proven.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

#2137  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@jhazzroucher said:

You were late to come here Bezza because if Storm threads were not deleted, Storm's forum has higher number of posts than WW's forum.

Let's see.

You're basically saying Storm is A-list and Wonder Woman isn't BECAUSE her team is more popular. That's what all these numbers prove.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2138  Edited By gokuwarrior

@grenadeflow said:

@gokuwarrior said:

Its ridiculous Wonder Woman has long lasting ongoings to prove she's A-list unlike Storm who is basically a token black character for the posters and covers

i agree with you,but according the OP,WW is not an A-list and storm is because she has more appearances in comics(thanks to the x-men team),more appearances in videosgames and movies(again thanks to the x-men team),what i would like to see is how well would she do in a solo videogame,movie,or TV show like WW had her own worldwide hit show that it still has re-runs,DC is still making money out of that show 35 years later,or what about an animated movie for storm?,WW's animated movie is one of DC's top 5 selling animated movies,or the millions,and millions and millions of comics that WW has sold worldwide,could storm sustain a solo title for 73 years like WW has done?.

GrenadeFlow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@grenadeflow said:

@gokuwarrior said:

i agree with you,but according the OP,WW is not an A-list and storm is because she has more appearances in comics(thanks to the x-men team),more appearances in videosgames and movies(again thanks to the x-men team),what i would like to see is how well would she do in a solo videogame,movie,or TV show like WW had her own worldwide hit show that it still has re-runs,DC is still making money out of that show 35 years later,or what about an animated movie for storm?,WW's animated movie is one of DC's top 5 selling animated movies,or the millions,and millions and millions of comics that WW has sold worldwide,could storm sustain a solo title for 73 years like WW has done?.

Owned

TAneT62

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No, not really. Yeah she's had screen time, but really, she's not an icon.

The only female comic hero that is an A-List character is Wonder Woman. She's the most iconic, well known, female superhero ever … She's in the leagues of Superman, Ironman, Thor, etc… blehhh

Nerd Of A Hero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 94

#2141  Edited By Nerd Of A Hero

I'd say she's mostly treated as an A-list character. They just never, ever use for her anything.

This.

Especially in the classic "Good ol' days" of the X-men comics where she was a primary character, that's why she was awesome and popular in the 90's cartoon. Now there's so many new mutant characters and X teams going around that it's kinda tough competing against someone that can warp reality with just a single thought, or that a plot device that requires 5 mutants going into the future just to get into more story lines for fan service that makes the use Storm so irrelevant. I haven't been keeping up with Storm or the the current X stories as of late so I don't know how much she stay's on the slide lines or a bad use of her.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Let's see.

Pah, you are twisting statistics to put forward an argument you know is flawed.

1. How many comics has Storm appeared in on her own? Is there a Marvel Storm comic?

2. How many films have been made featuring just storm.

3. Did Storm have an iconic 1970s TV show all to herself featuring one of the worlds most beautiful women.

4. storms comic vine appearances are part of the X Men series. You may as well add in all Wonder Womans Justice League appearances..

...out there in the big wide world, ask who is the biggest character and nearly everyone will say Wonder Woman. She has the longer history, the bigger fan base, she is one of the DC trinity.

The only people saying Storm is an A lister and WW isn't are people living in the comic vine bubble, which isn't the real world.....I mean c'mon, flipping Deadpool gets more posts on his forum than Iron Man on comic Vine, are you also saying Deadpool is an A lister and Iron Man isn't?!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Let's see.

1. How many comics has Storm appeared in on her own? Is there a Marvel Storm comic?

3. Did Storm have an iconic 1970s TV show all to herself featuring one of the worlds most beautiful women.

4. storms comic vine appearances are part of the X Men series. You may as well add in all Wonder Womans Justice League appearances..

...out there in the big wide world, ask who is the biggest character and nearly everyone will say Wonder Woman. She has the longer history, the bigger fan base, she is one of the DC trinity.

The only people saying Storm is an A lister and WW isn't are people living in the comic vine bubble, which isn't the real world.....I mean c'mon, flipping Deadpool gets more posts on his forum than Iron Man on comic Vine, are you also saying Deadpool is an A lister and Iron Man isn't?!

1. WW has her own but Storm got more appearances.

2. It's still something.

3. Iconic before when there are only a few televisions. and Maybe only in America. I believe the x-men tas was popular worldwide.

4. WW's appearances in JL is added and Storm still has more.

5. I only see BIG 2 because WW is really small compared to Batman and Superman.

6. You didn't know what happened here. I told you already, Storm had more posts than WW and Deadpool before something or somebody deleted the whole Storm forum.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can go on saying WW is the bigger character than Storm but I wouldn't blame other people saying Storm is bigger. Before I would say WW was, but Storm was rapidly catching up when it comes to number of appearances in all forms of media until she finally has more.

gokuwarrior

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You can go on saying WW is the bigger character than Storm but I wouldn't blame other people saying Storm is bigger. Before I would say WW was, but Storm was rapidly catching up when it comes to number of appearances in all forms of media until she finally has more.

WW's TV show was aired worldwide,it has been aired in latin america,australia,europe,asia,and storm has nothing on her own,appearances in many of which she doesn't even have lines,appear in the background with no lines.

WW is small compared to superman and batman?,well storm is an ant compared to wolverine who destroys her in popularity and worldwide success,and WW does the same.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

When was that aired again? When there were fewer televisions worldwide compared to billions of today? The younger generation haven't seen it.

Storm is not really an ant to Wolverine.

Storm and Cyclops are like the exemption of being an A-list character without even having their own ongoing. Maybe Magneto can be considered an A-list character too among the x-men characters.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one that wonders if Storms many appearances in other media is proof that she's not A-list, as it doesn't seem to have led to much proof of solo success? Like she's had so many opportunities to be seen, and yet it's not led to a solo film, game, ongoing comic or significant amounts of merchandise.

We can only speculate on how many comics have actually been bought because they have Storm in them, but we know just by counting that there have been at least 634 solo Wonder Woman comics, that I imagine most of were bought for her. Also, I see Wonder Woman merchandise in mainstream shops, but have never to my knowledge seen anything for Storm. Even when you go on a dedicated comic merchandise site, like Superherostuff.com, Storm has 3 products for sale(2 badges and a belt), whereas Wonder Woman has 170.

Just because she's been in a lot of stuff, doesn't actually mean that everyone watching or buying actually cares about her or likes her.

V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Let's see.

2. It's still something.

3. Iconic before when there are only a few televisions. and Maybe only in America. I believe the x-men tas was popular worldwide.

6. You didn't know what happened here. I told you already, Storm had more posts than WW and Deadpool before something or somebody deleted the whole Storm forum.

This doesn't seem to be true. The last recorded imprints of the forums before Storms threads were deleted show that she had 546, whereas Wonder Woman had 716, and Deadpool had 964.

Storm: http://web.archive.org/web/20121016063223/http://www.comicvine.com/storm/29-1444/forums/

Wonder Woman: http://web.archive.org/web/20121016002257/http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/29-2048/forums/

Deadpool: http://web.archive.org/web/20121018141513/http://www.comicvine.com/deadpool/29-7606/forums/

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2149  Edited By jhazzroucher

@v_scarlotte_rose said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@bezza said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Let's see.

2. It's still something.

This doesn't seem to be true. The last recorded imprints of the forums before Storms threads were deleted show that she had 546, whereas Wonder Woman had 716, and Deadpool had 964.

Storm:

http://web.archive.org/web/20121016063223/http://www.comicvine.com/storm/29-1444/forums/

Wonder Woman: http://web.archive.org/web/20121016002257/http://www.comicvine.com/wonder-woman/29-2048/forums/

Deadpool: http://web.archive.org/web/20121018141513/http://www.comicvine.com/deadpool/29-7606/forums/

Thank you for the link.

I wasn't really sure about it.

Can you check who has more number of posts v_scarlet_rose? can you also include checking who has more number of views between the three of them?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Am I the only one that wonders if Storms many appearances in other media is proof that she's not A-list, as it doesn't seem to have led to much proof of solo success? Like she's had so many opportunities to be seen, and yet it's not led to a solo film, game, ongoing comic or significant amounts of merchandise.

We can only speculate on how many comics have actually been bought because they have Storm in them, but we know just by counting that there have been at least 634 solo Wonder Woman comics, that I imagine most of were bought for her. Also, I see Wonder Woman merchandise in mainstream shops, but have never to my knowledge seen anything for Storm. Even when you go on a dedicated comic merchandise site, like Superherostuff.com, Storm has 3 products for sale(2 badges and a belt), whereas Wonder Woman has 170.

Just because she's been in a lot of stuff, doesn't actually mean that everyone watching or buying actually cares about her or likes her.

But comics is not a big form of medium. In merchandises, WW beats Storm. Having a lot of appearances in other media is a proof that she's popular, she's recognizable and she's iconic. She's definitely an A-list. A comic character not having an ongoing doesn't mean cannot become A-list.