#51 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Storm shows up as a supporting cast in the movie, tv show, comics & video games.

Supporting cast is B list.

#52 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: It's a dead day at work, losing battles are what makes the day go by faster.

#53 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

and let's not forget a straight guy Mike Smith who wore a cool Storm helmet when he was in Tampa Bay Lightning. : )

#54 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

@jhazzroucher: Storm shows up as a supporting cast in the movie, tv show, comics & video games.

Supporting cast is B list.

Better as a supporting cast than not showing up at all.

#55 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: Well glad you agree that Storm is a supporting cast & therefore B-List. Maybe one day when FOX decides to make X-Men Origins : Storm, or Marvel puts out a comic called Storm & the X-men, maybe she will be A-List.

#56 Posted by Saren (26842 posts) - - Show Bio

If she was truly an A-list character, there'd be no need for threads where people debated about whether she's an A-list character or not. Storm has more appearances in comics, video games, etc etc because she's on a team that appears in all that stuff, it's not like those issues and games and so on revolve around her. For that matter Nightcrawler has more appearances in video games and movies than Wonder Woman does, am I expected to believe he's an A-lister? And Wonder Woman has held her own ongoing for decades, Storm can barely manage a mini every now and then. Are people seriously claiming Storm is just as or more popular than Wonder Woman? Wolverine's really the only one of the X-Men who can be called an A-list character. People will buy a Wolverine ongoing in solid quantities, and a Wolverine solo movie will sell a great deal of tickets. A Storm series? A Storm movie? Get real.

Moderator
#57 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

@jhazzroucher: Well glad you agree that Storm is a supporting cast & therefore B-List. Maybe one day when FOX decides to make X-Men Origins : Storm, or Marvel puts out a comic called Storm & the X-men, maybe she will be A-List.

The truth is, she hasn't always been a supporting cast.

And eventhough Marvel is not pushing her, look at all her achievements, she even beat records of other female comic characters who have their own solo comics.

Spawn had a movie and his own ongoing solo, but I don't think he is an A list character.

Daredevil and Elektra had their own film and comics but I don't think they're A-List.

I'm not sure with Punisher and Ghost Rider though

#58 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

If she was truly an A-list character, there'd be no need for threads where people debated about whether she's an A-list character or not. Storm has more appearances in comics, video games, etc etc because she's on a team that appears in all that stuff, it's not like those issues and games and so on revolve around her. For that matter Nightcrawler has more appearances in video games and movies than Wonder Woman does, am I expected to believe he's an A-lister? And Wonder Woman has held her own ongoing for decades, Storm can barely manage a mini every now and then. Are people seriously claiming Storm is just as or more popular than Wonder Woman? Wolverine's really the only one of the X-Men who can be called an A-list character. People will buy a Wolverine ongoing in solid quantities, and a Wolverine solo movie will sell a great deal of tickets. A Storm series? A Storm movie? Get real.

but WW has more appearances in comics than Kurt, prolly in cartoon series too.

There are a lot of ongoing solo comics that are not selling better than Storm's mini.

#59 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

The truth is, she hasn't always been a supporting cast.

But she is a supporting cast now?

And eventhough Marvel is not pushing her, look at all her achievements, she even beat records of other female comic characters who have their own solo comics.

If Storm was a money maker Marvel would be pushing her. Storm isn't a money maker because not a lot of people cares. People care about A list

Spawn had a movie and his own ongoing solo, but I don't think he is an A list character.

Daredevil and Elektra had their own film and comics but I don't think they're A-List.

I'm not sure with Punisher and Ghost Rider though

Spawn, Daredevil, Elektra according to you are not A-List but have their own movie named after them. Doesn't that tell you that Storm is beneath those characters?

#60 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

@jhazzroucher said:

The truth is, she hasn't always been a supporting cast.

But she is a supporting cast now?

And eventhough Marvel is not pushing her, look at all her achievements, she even beat records of other female comic characters who have their own solo comics.

If Storm was a money maker Marvel would be pushing her. Storm isn't a money maker because not a lot of people cares. People care about A list

Spawn had a movie and his own ongoing solo, but I don't think he is an A list character.

Daredevil and Elektra had their own film and comics but I don't think they're A-List.

I'm not sure with Punisher and Ghost Rider though

Spawn, Daredevil, Elektra according to you are not A-List but have their own movie named after them. Doesn't that tell you that Storm is beneath those characters?

1. Storm is one of the main characters.

2. Storm is showing up in multiple books.

3. Because they lack something on other forms of media.

Storm is indeed on a popular team but how come she beat other x-women on number of appearances in comics, video games, etc? so it really means something.

#61 Posted by Shamelesslysupportinaznballers (553 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm is indeed on a popular team but how come she beat other x-women on number of appearances in comics, video games, etc? so it really means something.

I'm not going to answer the other 3 questions since it's a losing battle with your delusions. As far as Storm when compared to other female X-women, that's because there's a level beneath the B-List

#62 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@CitizenBane said:

If she was truly an A-list character, there'd be no need for threads where people debated about whether she's an A-list character or not. Storm has more appearances in comics, video games, etc etc because she's on a team that appears in all that stuff, it's not like those issues and games and so on revolve around her. For that matter Nightcrawler has more appearances in video games and movies than Wonder Woman does, am I expected to believe he's an A-lister? And Wonder Woman has held her own ongoing for decades, Storm can barely manage a mini every now and then. Are people seriously claiming Storm is just as or more popular than Wonder Woman? Wolverine's really the only one of the X-Men who can be called an A-list character. People will buy a Wolverine ongoing in solid quantities, and a Wolverine solo movie will sell a great deal of tickets. A Storm series? A Storm movie? Get real.

No just Jrazz

#63 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm is indeed on a popular team but how come she beat other x-women on number of appearances in comics, video games, etc? so it really means something.

I'm not going to answer the other 3 questions since it's a losing battle with your delusions. As far as Storm when compared to other female X-women, that's because there's a level beneath the B-List

oh, we can include female comic characters on other comic companies too and Storm still has more number of appearances.

#64 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm is indeed on a popular team but how come she beat other x-women on number of appearances in comics, video games, etc? so it really means something.

I'm not going to answer the other 3 questions since it's a losing battle with your delusions. As far as Storm when compared to other female X-women, that's because there's a level beneath the B-List

oh, we can include female comic characters on other comic companies too and Storm still has more number of appearances.

APPEARANCE DOESN'T EQUAL IMPORTANCE!!!

#65 Edited by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm is indeed on a popular team but how come she beat other x-women on number of appearances in comics, video games, etc? so it really means something.

I'm not going to answer the other 3 questions since it's a losing battle with your delusions. As far as Storm when compared to other female X-women, that's because there's a level beneath the B-List

oh, we can include female comic characters on other comic companies too and Storm still has more number of appearances.

APPEARANCE DOESN'T EQUAL IMPORTANCE!!!

Preach brother Mage preach!

#66 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Shamelesslysupportinaznballers said:

@jhazzroucher said:

Storm is indeed on a popular team but how come she beat other x-women on number of appearances in comics, video games, etc? so it really means something.

I'm not going to answer the other 3 questions since it's a losing battle with your delusions. As far as Storm when compared to other female X-women, that's because there's a level beneath the B-List

oh, we can include female comic characters on other comic companies too and Storm still has more number of appearances.

APPEARANCE DOESN'T EQUAL IMPORTANCE!!!

Preach brother Mage preach!

true but it is a factor when important comic characters are being compared/

#67 Posted by Impala (270 posts) - - Show Bio

Appearances doesnt mean anything. Cyclops got 5727 comic appearances and he still not A-List character like Batman, Superman, Spidey, WW, Wolverine.

He is ranked sixth in comic appearances but that doesnt make him A-List. ( BTW huge Cyclops fan)

#68 Posted by Storm Calling (3915 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Blood1991: Then again, Storm has better records than WW.

Number of appearances in comics as of November 2012

Storm: 4,591

Wonder Woman: 4,024

Number of appearances in video games:

Storm: 41

Wonder Woman: 10

Storm doesn't need music. When it rains, when it storms, people think of Storm, though not all of us.

and people also dress up as Storm on Halloween.

LORD have mercy

LMAO!

reality of going down a slide

#69 Edited by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Storm Calling:

This is the perfect image of this thread and forum.

@Impala said:

Appearances doesnt mean anything. Cyclops got 5727 comic appearances and he still not A-List character like Batman, Superman, Spidey, WW, Wolverine.

He is ranked sixth in comic appearances but that doesnt make him A-List. ( BTW huge Cyclops fan)

Exactly I'm a huge fan of Storm and Hawkeye, but even though both have been in movies, cartoons, and video games I would never say they were A listers.

#70 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impala said:

Appearances doesnt mean anything. Cyclops got 5727 comic appearances and he still not A-List character like Batman, Superman, Spidey, WW, Wolverine.

He is ranked sixth in comic appearances but that doesnt make him A-List. ( BTW huge Cyclops fan)

we don't based it only on comics, but on other forms of media too.

#71 Posted by Billy Batson (59253 posts) - - Show Bio

I've said it before but since it's so annoying, I'll say it again: CV allows appearances in issues that are translated in another languages and the X-Men get so many translations so it's a moot point. Stop bringing it up.
BB

#72 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

I've said it before but since it's so annoying, I'll say it again: CV allows appearances in issues that are translated in another languages and the X-Men get so many translations so it's a moot point. Stop bringing it up.
BB

I'm saying it again, I'm not only counting number of appearances in comics, I'm also counting on number of appearances on video games, movies, etc

#73 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@Billy Batson said:

I've said it before but since it's so annoying, I'll say it again: CV allows appearances in issues that are translated in another languages and the X-Men get so many translations so it's a moot point. Stop bringing it up.
BB

I'm saying it again, I'm not only counting number of appearances in comics, I'm also counting on number of appearances on video games, movies, etc

He's not saying include it with other things. He's saying that WHOLE part that I bolded is completely irrelevant for this argument, due to this site having some kind of strange language loophole. Stick to the others as much as you want, but don't use THAT as evidence, because it's not reliable

#74 Posted by Storm Calling (3915 posts) - - Show Bio

@Billy Batson said:

I've said it before but since it's so annoying, I'll say it again: CV allows appearances in issues that are translated in another languages and the X-Men get so many translations so it's a moot point. Stop bringing it up.
BB

Actually it kinda does, considering it's done for more people to read it...

#75 Edited by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Billy Batson said:

I've said it before but since it's so annoying, I'll say it again: CV allows appearances in issues that are translated in another languages and the X-Men get so many translations so it's a moot point. Stop bringing it up.
BB

I'm saying it again, I'm not only counting number of appearances in comics, I'm also counting on number of appearances on video games, movies, etc

He's not saying include it with other things. He's saying that WHOLE part that I bolded is completely irrelevant for this argument, due to this site having some kind of strange language loophole. Stick to the others as much as you want, but don't use THAT as evidence, because it's not reliable

The numbers may not be 100% accurate but Comic Vine wouldn't put their list without a basis.

#76 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Billy Batson said:

I've said it before but since it's so annoying, I'll say it again: CV allows appearances in issues that are translated in another languages and the X-Men get so many translations so it's a moot point. Stop bringing it up.
BB

I'm saying it again, I'm not only counting number of appearances in comics, I'm also counting on number of appearances on video games, movies, etc

He's not saying include it with other things. He's saying that WHOLE part that I bolded is completely irrelevant for this argument, due to this site having some kind of strange language loophole. Stick to the others as much as you want, but don't use THAT as evidence, because it's not reliable

your statement is less reliable than what the site says.

Let's re-release every Wonder Woman comic/every comic featuring Wonder Woman in 18 different forms of pig latin and see how valid it becomes to this argument

#77 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Billy Batson said:

I've said it before but since it's so annoying, I'll say it again: CV allows appearances in issues that are translated in another languages and the X-Men get so many translations so it's a moot point. Stop bringing it up.
BB

I'm saying it again, I'm not only counting number of appearances in comics, I'm also counting on number of appearances on video games, movies, etc

He's not saying include it with other things. He's saying that WHOLE part that I bolded is completely irrelevant for this argument, due to this site having some kind of strange language loophole. Stick to the others as much as you want, but don't use THAT as evidence, because it's not reliable

your statement is less reliable than what the site says.

Let's re-release every Wonder Woman comic/every comic featuring Wonder Woman in 18 different forms of pig latin and see how valid it becomes to this argument

Storm has more appearance than the other female x-women.

#78 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: In policy debate, I learned that you should drop your weakest argument, and spend more time supporting your strongest ones..............appearances is the weakest argument. Get it now?

Speak on what she DID in her appearances

Speak on her RELEVANCE

Speak on her SCREEN TIME

Speak on things that have a much heavier weight for STORM. Not the X-MEN

Also, in the Marvel Universe, Storm is a character with A-list notoriety, but B-list writing patterns (as of late).

#79 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher: In policy debate, I learned that you should drop your weakest argument, and spend more time supporting your strongest ones..............appearances is the weakest argument. Get it now?

Speak on what she DID in her appearances

Speak on her RELEVANCE

Speak on her SCREEN TIME

Speak on things that have a much heavier weight for STORM. Not the X-MEN

Also, in the Marvel Universe, Storm is a character with A-list notoriety, but B-list writing patterns (as of late).

the woman of color, the leadership, the compassion, the mohawk, etc

Appearances is not the weakest argument. It's a factor.

She is relevant. She wouldn't be there if she isn't

Having a screen time is better than not having a screen time

And to think that Storm is being chosen to appear on films, comics and video games than the rest of the large number of x-men members. S

#80 Posted by antemiusenteri (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991: that is stupid and not true ,am assuming you measure who's an A-list superhero the way you do celebrities , by popularity, in which case storm is definitely A list , shes easily one of the most recognizably super-heroines in the world , she has her own theme park ride

#81 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher: In policy debate, I learned that you should drop your weakest argument, and spend more time supporting your strongest ones..............appearances is the weakest argument. Get it now?

Speak on what she DID in her appearances

Speak on her RELEVANCE

Speak on her SCREEN TIME

Speak on things that have a much heavier weight for STORM. Not the X-MEN

Also, in the Marvel Universe, Storm is a character with A-list notoriety, but B-list writing patterns (as of late).

the woman of color, the leadership, the compassion, the mohawk, etc

Appearances is not the weakest argument. It's a factor.

She is relevant. She wouldn't be there if she isn't

Having a screen time is better than not having a screen time

And to think that Storm is being chosen to appear on films, comics and video games than the rest of the large number of x-men members. S

1. I support this

2. Here, it is the weakest argument. If a character appeared in one issue of WATX, and that issue got re-released 19 times, then that hoe still just appeared once. That's why the site's "appearance" record was called into question in the first place. What isn't being understood?

3. Is that why she drooled through Avengers? She's a fan service, yes. She's a big name, yes. But showing up doesn't = importance. That's why I said you need to switch gears. Instead, you've just spoken more on her "showing up". The argument isn't if she's a big name, because their are big name CATEGORIES.

4. DEBATABLE

5. Her name is known, yes................no one is arguing this.

#82 Posted by Impala (270 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: well then Thor with 2 movies (1 in progress)+Avengers is in better position than Storm to be A-List , also Iron Man 3 movies (1 in progress)+Avengers,

Hulk in better position with 2 movies +Avengers, Nick Fury got some appearances in movies, Ghost Rider 2 movies, Punisher 2 movies, Magneto is in better position with appearances

in X-Men trilogy + X-Men First Class (1 in progress), Captain America with 2 movies (1 in progress)+Avengers etc. So if they arent A-List then Storm needs to wait in line.

And all other Animated Series, Cartoons whatsoever.

#83 Posted by antemiusenteri (243 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCrowbar: how can you troll on a forum you created

#84 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

@antemiusenteri said:

@TheCrowbar: how can you troll on a forum you created

Spambots do it rather easily, actually..........just saying, it's possible.

#85 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher: In policy debate, I learned that you should drop your weakest argument, and spend more time supporting your strongest ones..............appearances is the weakest argument. Get it now?

Speak on what she DID in her appearances

Speak on her RELEVANCE

Speak on her SCREEN TIME

Speak on things that have a much heavier weight for STORM. Not the X-MEN

Also, in the Marvel Universe, Storm is a character with A-list notoriety, but B-list writing patterns (as of late).

the woman of color, the leadership, the compassion, the mohawk, etc

Appearances is not the weakest argument. It's a factor.

She is relevant. She wouldn't be there if she isn't

Having a screen time is better than not having a screen time

And to think that Storm is being chosen to appear on films, comics and video games than the rest of the large number of x-men members. S

1. I support this

2. Here, it is the weakest argument. If a character appeared in one issue of WATX, and that issue got re-released 19 times, then that hoe still just appeared once. That's why the site's "appearance" record was called into question in the first place. What isn't being understood?

3. Is that why she drooled through Avengers? She's a fan service, yes. She's a big name, yes. But showing up doesn't = importance. That's why I said you need to switch gears. Instead, you've just spoken more on her "showing up". The argument isn't if she's a big name, because their are big name CATEGORIES.

4. DEBATABLE

5. Her name is known, yes................no one is arguing this.

1. Thank you

2. My point is, not only she gets re-released issues

3. Becoming a member of the Avengers is important eventhough she didn't do something good in those few issues. She still became a member and appeared to those issues. Better than not showing up at all.

4. yes it is especially on x-films which mags, news papers and tvs would show Halle and Hugh as Storm and Wolverine more than the other cast.

5. thank you.

#86 Posted by TheCrowbar (4397 posts) - - Show Bio

@antemiusenteri: jhazz did not create the storm forum, it's provided by Comicvine.

#87 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impala said:

@jhazzroucher: well then Thor with 2 movies (1 in progress)+Avengers is in better position than Storm to be A-List , also Iron Man 3 movies (1 in progress)+Avengers,

Hulk in better position with 2 movies +Avengers, Nick Fury got some appearances in movies, Ghost Rider 2 movies, Punisher 2 movies, Magneto is in better position with appearances

in X-Men trilogy + X-Men First Class (1 in progress), Captain America with 2 movies (1 in progress)+Avengers etc. So if they arent A-List then Storm needs to wait in line.

And all other Animated Series, Cartoons whatsoever.

Male comic characters are compared to other male characters while female comic characters are being compared to other female comic characters.

If we follow your case, then WW needs to wait in line too.

#88 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@antemiusenteri said:

@Blood1991: that is stupid and not true ,am assuming you measure who's an A-list superhero the way you do celebrities , by popularity, in which case storm is definitely A list , shes easily one of the most recognizably super-heroines in the world , she has her own theme park ride

You want to jump on the fan boy coaster then go for it, but it simply isn't the case. By that definition Deadpool is bigger than Superman.

#89 Posted by Impala (270 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher:

Well the topic says " IS ORORO MONROE AKA STORM AN A-LIST CHARACTER" i see nothing i the topic that says this is only between female characters, so yeah she can

wait in line with WW together i dont argue with that.

#90 Edited by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@antemiusenteri said:

@Blood1991: that is stupid and not true ,am assuming you measure who's an A-list superhero the way you do celebrities , by popularity, in which case storm is definitely A list , shes easily one of the most recognizably super-heroines in the world , she has her own theme park ride

You want to jump on the fan boy coaster then go for it, but it simply isn't the case. By that definition Deadpool is bigger than Superman.

Storm Accelatron Force. I remember that awesome Storm ride.

#91 Posted by Onemoreposter (4256 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@Blood1991 said:

She is a B-List character. The only A list X-Man is Wolverine.

/Thread

Despite of appearing to multiple video games, cartoon series, comics, movies, etc?

I mean, among female comic characters, only Catwoman can rival Storm in most number of appearances in movies.

Storm has more number of appearances in comics than Wonder Woman and Invisible Woman.

Storm has the most number of appearances in video games among the female comic characters.

Prolly in cartoon series too.

Electra has appeared in multiple video games, cartoon series, comics, and movies (even had her own). If she an A lister? (No, absolutely not).

Actually. Lois lane has Ororo solidly beat as female comic character appearing in the most feature films with a total of 5 and an upcoming 6th. This isn't including the old serials from back in the day.

The comicvine count for number of appearances isn't really accurate. It includes reprints in trade paper backs and entire volumes of foreign language reprints. I sincerely doubt Storm has more original appearance than Wonder Woman who has had her own ongoing almost consistently since the early 40's.

I can't argue with your video game point. Storm has never had a solo game though. The X-Men just happen to be prolific video game wise. You wouldn't consider Gambit and Nightcrawler A-Listers would you?

Storm has been a regular on three cartoon shows( Black Panther TAS doesn't count, she's barely on it at all). Wonder Woman has appeared as a regular on at least 6. Overall she's appeared in a total of 9 animated features which is only one more than Black Canary (who is definitely not an A lister, yet has appeared in at least 4 different live action television shows).

I'm not trying to burst you bubble or even say that that Storm isn't an a list character. She's certainly higher profile than a great many comic book characters. I just wanted to point out a few things, including the fact that that many of the criteria your using to consider her A-List are met by many other non-A-list characters.

#92 Posted by Blood1991 (8115 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter: Thank you. Why is it bad to be a high profile B+ character? What is wrong with that?

#93 Posted by Onemoreposter (4256 posts) - - Show Bio

@Blood1991 said:

@Onemoreposter: Thank you. Why is it bad to be a high profile B+ character? What is wrong with that?

Nothing at all. Alot if not most of my favorite characters probably don't even make the C-list like Tommy Monaghan from Hitman, Butcher and Little Hughie from the Boys, or Max Damage and Quibit of Incorruptible/Irredeemable fame. That's just to name a few.

#94 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher: In policy debate, I learned that you should drop your weakest argument, and spend more time supporting your strongest ones..............appearances is the weakest argument. Get it now?

Speak on what she DID in her appearances

Speak on her RELEVANCE

Speak on her SCREEN TIME

Speak on things that have a much heavier weight for STORM. Not the X-MEN

Also, in the Marvel Universe, Storm is a character with A-list notoriety, but B-list writing patterns (as of late).

the woman of color, the leadership, the compassion, the mohawk, etc

Appearances is not the weakest argument. It's a factor.

She is relevant. She wouldn't be there if she isn't

Having a screen time is better than not having a screen time

And to think that Storm is being chosen to appear on films, comics and video games than the rest of the large number of x-men members. S

1. I support this

2. Here, it is the weakest argument. If a character appeared in one issue of WATX, and that issue got re-released 19 times, then that hoe still just appeared once. That's why the site's "appearance" record was called into question in the first place. What isn't being understood?

3. Is that why she drooled through Avengers? She's a fan service, yes. She's a big name, yes. But showing up doesn't = importance. That's why I said you need to switch gears. Instead, you've just spoken more on her "showing up". The argument isn't if she's a big name, because their are big name CATEGORIES.

4. DEBATABLE

5. Her name is known, yes................no one is arguing this.

1. Thank you

2. My point is, not only she gets re-released issues

3. Becoming a member of the Avengers is important eventhough she didn't do something good in those few issues. She still became a member and appeared to those issues. Better than not showing up at all.

4. yes it is especially on x-films which mags, news papers and tvs would show Halle and Hugh as Storm and Wolverine more than the other cast.

5. thank you.

Showin up to the party don't make you VIP

#95 Edited by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Onemoreposter said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@Blood1991 said:

She is a B-List character. The only A list X-Man is Wolverine.

/Thread

Despite of appearing to multiple video games, cartoon series, comics, movies, etc?

I mean, among female comic characters, only Catwoman can rival Storm in most number of appearances in movies.

Storm has more number of appearances in comics than Wonder Woman and Invisible Woman.

Storm has the most number of appearances in video games among the female comic characters.

Prolly in cartoon series too.

Electra has appeared in multiple video games, cartoon series, comics, and movies (even had her own). If she an A lister? (No, absolutely not).

Actually. Lois lane has Ororo solidly beat as female comic character appearing in the most feature films with a total of 5 and an upcoming 6th. This isn't including the old serials from back in the day.

The comicvine count for number of appearances isn't really accurate. It includes reprints in trade paper backs and entire volumes of foreign language reprints. I sincerely doubt Storm has more original appearance than Wonder Woman who has had her own ongoing almost consistently since the early 40's.

I can't argue with your video game point. Storm has never had a solo game though. The X-Men just happen to be prolific video game wise. You wouldn't consider Gambit and Nightcrawler A-Listers would you?

Storm has been a regular on three cartoon shows( Black Panther TAS doesn't count, she's barely on it at all). Wonder Woman has appeared as a regular on at least 6. Overall she's appeared in a total of 9 animated features which is only one more than Black Canary (who is definitely not an A lister, yet has appeared in at least 4 different live action television shows).

I'm not trying to burst you bubble or even say that that Storm isn't an a list character. She's certainly higher profile than a great many comic book characters. I just wanted to point out a few things, including the fact that that many of the criteria your using to consider her A-List are met by many other non-A-list characters.

1. Elektra has but not as many as Storm has.

2. Do we really need to include characters who are not really superheroes like Mary Jane, Batman's butler, etc.?

3. Bear in mind that there are multiple x-books released every month which Storm could show up

4. Never had but she is usually being picked to show up on their video games. Gambit and Nightcrawler may have a good number in video games but not on other things. and Storm is possibly holding the record for the most number of appearances in video games for a female comic character, not certain though.

5. cartoon series:

X-Men: TAS

X-men Evolution

Wolverine & The X-Men

X-Men Anime

Black Panther, yes it should be counted cos she is one of the 5 characters i think being introduced when the Black Panther intro track is being played.

and a few episodes in:

Pryde of the X-men,

Amazing Spider-man,

Spider-man and his amazing friends

Marvel super hero squad

of course, we have to consider the number of episodes and replays too as well as the year it was shown because there were only a few television and theaters before compared to today. as well as the promoting of the films because it was moreoverly Halle as Storm and Hugh as Wolverine being shown on newspapers, mags, etc to promote the x-men films.

6. In movies,

X-men

x-2

x-3

Superhero movie

and a brief appearance in X-Men Origins: Wolverine and X-Men First Class.

also, replays and the dates the films were shown should also be taken into consideration.

-

-

So Storm pretty much has balanced her exposure in almost all forms of media.

#96 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@Impala said:

@jhazzroucher:

Well the topic says " IS ORORO MONROE AKA STORM AN A-LIST CHARACTER" i see nothing i the topic that says this is only between female characters, so yeah she can

wait in line with WW together i dont argue with that.

In olympics, the men competes with men while women competes with women.

But i get your point.

so are you telling me , there are no A-List female characters?

#97 Posted by JairamGanpat (1014 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

Showin up to the party don't make you VIP

#98 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@JairamGanpat said:

@White Mage said:

Showin up to the party don't make you VIP

but it's better than not showing up at all.

#99 Posted by White Mage (18056 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher said:

@JairamGanpat said:

@White Mage said:

Showin up to the party don't make you VIP

but it's better than not showing up at all.

Debatable

#100 Posted by jhazzroucher (18711 posts) - - Show Bio

@White Mage said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@JairamGanpat said:

@White Mage said:

Showin up to the party don't make you VIP

but it's better than not showing up at all.

Debatable

I'm fine with that. : )