In The Real World, Which Power would you prefer?

• 84 results
Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

This is the game. There will only be 2 mutants in our real world. One has Storm's powers while the other has Emma's powers.

With Storm, you can help people stopping storms, accidents, etc, and however you use her powers.

With Emma, you can read minds and control people and also turn into diamond form, etc and however you use her powers.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

So which powers would you prefer? Storm's or Emma's?

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Of course I prefer Storm's but I think Emma's has some positive uses as well.

I think Storm's powers are way more interesting and more unique.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 9

Emma's easy. I feel like I'd have too much responsibility with Storm's powers. Plus, I'd fill guilty disrupting the natural order.

Emma's I'd have super strength plus I read minds = Bad4$$ and prefect for me to be a vigilante.

(+)

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By abaldo

thats a hard one...i think i will go with storms because she has so much potential in her abilities

plus you can shoot lightning bolts out of your hands <3

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

or then again, you can control peoples perceptions and thoughts.....hmmm this is hard

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

But in normal life would it help you, i always think about that when choosing powers, which is why even though thor is my Fav hero, i would take supes powers, because life will be better with them, i can study way faster by taking knowledge straight from the teachers mind into my own, access my thoughts if i forget something, and if i'm playing sports i will know how the person will tackle (i'm a rugby player, so i'll use rugby) so i can side step hem etc, but with storms powers i would struggle with hero/general life, it would be harder to cope

PeppeyHare

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Emma's

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Storm's power is way too powerful for me, Storm has to check with her emotions too see if she is not to mad or emotional. Emma's power's seems more useful in the real world too read minds as large as NYC. I mean Storm's power is great but she really doesn't have to use her power since God Or Mother Nature already supplies the weather.

Sebast_Allen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Storm's power is way too powerful for me, Storm has to check with her emotions too see if she is not to mad or emotional. Emma's power's seems more useful in the real world too read minds as large as NYC. I mean Storm's power is great but she really doesn't have to use her power since God Or Mother Nature already supplies the weather.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

True, but you can stop MAJOR natural disasters and save lots of lives. Emma's powers are more for your own benefit (selfish)
plus i would love to connect with nature and glide on the winds keeping away from society.

can wee just take a moment to admire this piece of art <£

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

Emma's.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:
No Caption Provided

True, but you can stop MAJOR natural disasters and save lots of lives. Emma's powers are more for your own benefit (selfish)

plus i would love to connect with nature and glide on the winds keeping away from society.

can wee just take a moment to admire this piece of art <£

The art is so awesome!

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jhazzroucher

The great thing about Emma is that you can control people but I really want to clean Earth and save people. I can control electricy and wind and rain, etc. and most especially, I want to be able to fly.

goobot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma so the other 50% of the population can't read my mind/control me. Really in a world like this the storm people would just be slaves to the emma ones.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

@jhazzroucher: Stopping weather-related natural disasters would destabilize the weather patterns for the rest of the world, possibly catastrophically.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By jhazzroucher

@goobot said:

Emma so the other 50% of the population can't read my mind/control me. Really in a world like this the storm people would just be slaves to the emma ones.

Storm can resist Emma.

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo: Yeah but most of the time Storm's weather abilities is mainly horrible weather. That will affect other people if she get's mad enough or if she was a villian. Emma's powers are useful in about anything.

IrishX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Emma Frost. Telepathy is one of the best powers there is and the Diamond form grants her the ability to no longer age so she can be virtually immortal. Storm is powerful but if you could pick I think it's an easy choice.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By jhazzroucher

@abaldo: Yeah but most of the time Storm's weather abilities is mainly horrible weather. That will affect other people if she get's mad enough or if she was a villian. Emma's powers are useful in about anything.

It really depends on what kind of people you are.

I actually want Emma's because I have some cravings that I just don't want to share but with Emma's powers, it would be very, very easy to do. But it's still something that I think I shouldn't do. I know I can use Emma's powers for good but I believe having Emma's powers are more tempting to do bad deeds than Storm's.

Black_Claw

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 48

I'm going with Storm on this one. Who wouldn't want to fly and shoot lightning from their hands.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm going with Storm on this one. Who wouldn't want to fly and shoot lightning from their hands.

Being able to control stop storms and typhoons made me pick Storm's powers. Definitely very very useful. I could have stopped typhoon Yolanda/Haiyan.

And the flying is a bonus. : )

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By abaldo

PREACH

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By devilsgrin81

i think this is a hard call. such different power-sets. Both incredibly useful, both incredibly forceful.

On the one hand, the power to mould and shape the elements of the world around you - effectively you get to influence the masses and the planet itself through Storm's monumentally high power-levels using one of the most versatile and potentially devastating powers in super-hero-dom.

On the other, the power to mould and shape the world around you by influencing and controlling the people who run the world - effectively becoming "The Powers That Be." Its interesting to point out that mutant telepaths (not to mention other SPBs not of the homo superior species) who don't allign initially with the venerable house of Xavier all seem to be villains, and/or insane. Thats not to say no x-man has ever gone bad, and that no villain has never been redeemable (Emma being the best example of that), but the inherant selfishness that seems to permeate the telepaths of the marvelverse make this the less desirable power to me. I know my limitations... and my character flaws. the least of which is a level of control-freak that can border on the obsessive. NOT a trait one would like to see in a telepath with the level of power Emma has.

So, by joyous default, i'd choose Storm's atmokinesis. (though given the full gammut of powers to choose from, i'd pick telekinesis every day - the Nate Grey levels)

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

emma frost.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@sebast_allen: I think it depends on how you envision using the power. Besides obvious uses like saving cities from catastrophic destruction like Hurricane Katrina, and diminishing droughts across the globe you could help manage global warming and the impact it has on green-house gases, help clean-up pollutants in the atmosphere, your innate understanding of weather and the planet's biosphere would allow you to provide guidance on managing global resources in ways humanity currently can not, etc. Ororo's weather manipulation also extends to space as well so there may be more to learn from the natural forces in space that could help the planet (i.e. - learning a safe way to leverage energy from solar wind).

@squares said:

@jhazzroucher: Stopping weather-related natural disasters would destabilize the weather patterns for the rest of the world, possibly catastrophically.

I wouldn't stop but redirect them. The planet needs storms to maintain the balance of the natural order but moving tornadoes, hurricanes, blizzards, etc. over to less/non-populated areas or redistributing the same energy over a larger area to decrease the catastrophic blizzard over NY to more like a light and management snow fall over the eastern sea board could still be OK and still remaining within the natural order.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i think this is a hard call. such different power-sets. Both incredibly useful, both incredibly forceful.

On the one hand, the power to mould and shape the elements of the world around you - effectively you get to influence the masses and the planet itself through Storm's monumentally high power-levels using one of the most versatile and potentially devastating powers in super-hero-dom.

On the other, the power to mould and shape the world around you by influencing and controlling the people who run the world - effectively becoming "The Powers That Be." Its interesting to point out that mutant telepaths (not to mention other SPBs not of the homo superior species) who don't allign initially with the venerable house of Xavier all seem to be villains, and/or insane. Thats not to say no x-man has ever gone bad, and that no villain has never been redeemable (Emma being the best example of that), but the inherant selfishness that seems to permeate the telepaths of the marvelverse make this the less desirable power to me. I know my limitations... and my character flaws. the least of which is a level of control-freak that can border on the obsessive. NOT a trait one would like to see in a telepath with the level of power Emma has.

So, by joyous default, i'd choose Storm's atmokinesis. (though given the full gammut of powers to choose from, i'd pick telekinesis every day - the Nate Grey levels)

But if I were evil, I would want Emma's. Hehehe. : )

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: I would have Storm powers if I was evil I could summon a F5 tornado in a blink of an eye. Or I could just destroy this whole earth easily.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: I would have Storm powers if I was evil I could summon a F5 tornado in a blink of an eye. Or I could just destroy this whole earth easily.

Well, I am not that evil. I just want to get the girl that I like so if I were a bad person, I'd like to control anybody I am attracted to. Hehehe : )

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Same lol, I wonder if that new "Rain" fan film is coming out..I want to check it out

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Same lol, I wonder if that new "Rain" fan film is coming out..I want to check it out

I've posted the link on the other Storm thread.

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for phoenixofthetides
PhoenixoftheTides

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Frost. Telepathy is immensely versatile and with Emma's skillset and power level, you could do almost anything and help innumerably more people (by unlocking hidden potential, amping intelligence, helping curb addictions, etc.).

tomlikesfries

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 106

User Lists: 3

#41  Edited By tomlikesfries

Emma's.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Emma Frost. Telepathy is immensely versatile and with Emma's skillset and power level, you could do almost anything and help innumerably more people (by unlocking hidden potential, amping intelligence, helping curb addictions, etc.).

yeah i think i actually might pick Emma's.

btw did emma lose her telepathy?

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@phoenixofthetides said:

no she didn't, its just broken. like Cyke and Mags' powers. (and apparently even Magik's... but of course Colossus's powers are fine). Emma had no trouble once she connected to the Cuckoo's hive-mind, granted she was using THEIR powers, but still, her powers are still there, just damaged.

abaldo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@abaldo said:

@phoenixofthetides said:

no she didn't, its just broken. like Cyke and Mags' powers. (and apparently even Magik's... but of course Colossus's powers are fine). Emma had no trouble once she connected to the Cuckoo's hive-mind, granted she was using THEIR powers, but still, her powers are still there, just damaged.

how did their powers break?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By jhazzroucher

You have a good point. I'll take both of their powers then. : )

Roddy010

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Honestly telepathy is a very versatile and efficient power set especially given the arrays of possibilities within the mind. However with a power set that allows you to read people's most intimate thoughts can be more than taxing on the psyche. Just imagine the billions of thoughts being formed just within your vicinity and as someone mentioned this power set can also lead to a God complex or insanity. Storm's power set allows you to fly, create any form of weather no matter where you are while also nourishing the planet. It's more beneficial to all the living organisms on the planet.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#47  Edited By jhazzroucher

I'm still going for Weather manipulation.

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Not just weather but any atmospheric powers she is awesome :)

devilsgrin81

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Not just weather but any atmospheric powers she is awesome :)

yes we need to remember this. Storm controls the weather - but her power is actually atmokinesis. She can do anything the atmosphere of the world she is on can. (so long as she knows what it can do of course)

Unity

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Unity

Im split. My heart says storm but my mind says emma. Storm means i can fly, make it rain, snow, hail, have control over air and temperature, and lighting. Emma because i mean you would be almost unable to be killed in both of her forms, her telepathy would mean you would know whats going on around you and her diamond form would make you resistance to alot of things. It all depends on who you are and what mind set you have, If you have storm powers but go crazy like the void or scarlett then the world is doomed. It would be nature attacks back. And if emma powers got in the wrong hand you could be unliked by many just for proving in peopkes mibd and you might not want to know what others actually think of you . . . This is hard. Is emma telepathy strong enough to mind rape multiple people like professor and jean can?