• 58 results
Ren_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 1

#1  Edited By Ren_

Can't hyperlink from me phone, but here's the source: http://marvel.com/news/story/20232/halle_berry_storms_into_x-men_days_of_future_past

SUNMAN

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 0

#2  Edited By SUNMAN

no surprise here

Avatar image for dark_vengeance_
Dark_Vengeance_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By Dark_Vengeance_
UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By UltraBiel

@DarkKnightDetective said:

Dude. This episode was just aired in my country today! :D

xrs12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By xrs12

I know I've posted this comment in the thread in the x-men forum but il post it here just incase either is moved or deleted.

I just think she unfortunately gets too much hate for things she inst even in control of, the amount of people that rip her for the "toad struck by lightning" thing. I didn't realise she wrote the script. plus Storm technically doesn't have an African accent because she is an African American. She just lived in Africa for a while, yes her voice should have been regal but wolverine is meant to have a rough voice but no1 seems to get on Hugh jackman for that or his height, banshee was meant to be Irish, no1 gets angry at Vaughn for that. Halle Berry actually argued to get a more pivotal role which more physical contact as storm in the 3rd film because Storms character is technically the second in command (in the era of which the comics were at), not second to wolverine. and used hand to hand. Yes she isn't the height and everything but she isn't that bad. I think people just see Iman and go, she should be storm, just because she has a deep voice and an increase in height

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By butterflykyss

oh well i guess this is good news.. hopefully he gives us a better storm than the one's seen in xmen and x2

UltraBiel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By UltraBiel

@xrs12 said:

I know I've posted this comment in the thread in the x-men forum but il post it here just incase either is moved or deleted.

I just think she unfortunately gets too much hate for things she inst even in control of, the amount of people that rip her for the "toad struck by lightning" thing. I didn't realise she wrote the script. plus Storm technically doesn't have an African accent because she is an African American. She just lived in Africa for a while, yes her voice should have been regal but wolverine is meant to have a rough voice but no1 seems to get on Hugh jackman for that or his height, banshee was meant to be Irish, no1 gets angry at Vaughn for that. Halle Berry actually argued to get a more pivotal role which more physical contact as storm in the 3rd film because Storms character is technically the second in command (in the era of which the comics were at), not second to wolverine. and used hand to hand. Yes she isn't the height and everything but she isn't that bad. I think people just see Iman and go, she should be storm, just because she has a deep voice and an increase in height

By Storm lived only in Africa for a while, you mean in the movies right?

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By butterflykyss

@Ren_: thanks for the link btw

The_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By The_Hooligan

Gonna say it again, I'm conflict on this. She doesn't do an awful Storm but she was sort of mediocre so I'm not really excited.

Avatar image for wavemotioncannon
WaveMotionCannon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By WaveMotionCannon

Glad to have her back maybe this time they'll give her more to do and she'll do a better job.

Blood1991

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#11  Edited By Blood1991

@WaveMotionCannon said:

Glad to have her back maybe this time they'll give her more to do and she'll do a better job.

*Fingers crossed*

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#12  Edited By jhazzroucher

It's time for Halle to prove to us that it wasn't her fault, but the scripts given to her.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By jhazzroucher

BUt i'm kinda wondering why they're getting Halle as Storm and we're getting younnger actors for Magneto and Professor x???

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#14  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

(Facepalm)

Terrific. The egotistical twit is back, most likely demanding screen time at the cost of others characters, ala X3.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By jhazzroucher

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

(Facepalm)

Terrific. The egotistical twit is back, most likely demanding screen time at the cost of others characters, ala X3.

huh?

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

#16  Edited By FadeToBlackBolt

@jhazzroucher said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

(Facepalm)

huh?

Notice how Storm's part got bigger each movie, to the point where she became Headmistress of the school and Xavier was killed specifically to make room for her? That's because Halle kept demanding more screen time.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By jhazzroucher

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

@jhazzroucher said:

@FadeToBlackBolt said:

(Facepalm)

huh?

Notice how Storm's part got bigger each movie, to the point where she became Headmistress of the school and Xavier was killed specifically to make room for her? That's because Halle kept demanding more screen time.

Well if that's true, then I'm looking forward to the next x-film. : )

The_Hooligan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By The_Hooligan
Crash_Recovery

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Crash_Recovery

@jhazzroucher: I wouldn't hold out hope for this to become a Storm film. This is likely to be a supporting role or even cameo.

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By MagnificentStorm

OMG IM SOOOOOOOO HAPPY. HALLE BERRY IS MY FAV ACTRESS. I MEAN YOU CANT SAY THAT SHE WAS WAY BETTER IN LAST STAND. I LOVED HER IN LAST STAND. BUT THEY BETTER NOT BE MESSING THINGS UP WITH DAYS OF FuTURE PAST STORM WAS THE LAST NEXT TO WOLVERINE TO SURVIVE THEY BETTER MAKE IT RIGHT

StormyWeather

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 12

#21  Edited By StormyWeather

@jhazzroucher: I think they're going to show the "present" characters as well, hence casting Halle Berry, I heard Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart re returning as well

I'm not excited, when it comes to casting for these comic movies....it tends to be a fail *shrugs* w/e

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jhazzroucher

@StormyWeather said:

@jhazzroucher: I think they're going to show the "present" characters as well, hence casting Halle Berry, I heard Ian McKellan and Patrick Stewart re returning as well

I'm not excited, when it comes to casting for these comic movies....it tends to be a fail *shrugs* w/e

i hope it wouldn't.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PassionFlower

McKellan and Stewart yes, Halle nnnooooooooooooo! Recast!

Avatar image for magnificentstorm
MagnificentStorm

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By MagnificentStorm

@PassionFlower said:

Are you crazy she was good in last stand an again I hate how you guys blame her. Her lines for most of the movies where things Storm would never say. She was put as more of support character not the leader she is. Halle will be great if the writers make her right.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By jhazzroucher

@MagnificentStorm said:

@PassionFlower said:

Are you crazy she was good in last stand an again I hate how you guys blame her. Her lines for most of the movies where things Storm would never say. She was put as more of support character not the leader she is. Halle will be great if the writers make her right.

I agree with you.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#26  Edited By Teerack

Huge mistake.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#27  Edited By TDK_1997

I can't stand her as Storm.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@TDK_1997 said:

I can't stand her as Storm.

@Teerack said:

Huge mistake.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@MagnificentStorm said:

@PassionFlower said:

I wish everyone involved in Marvel films would just cast Halle and Jessica Alba into the sea of forgetfulness......never happened........but, Marvel has already shown me that my wishes will probably never come true, so whatevs

Halle Berry doesn't fit the bill for Ultimate Storm, 616 Storm, or any Storm for that matter. She doesn't fit in with any of the established image that Storm was created with. She also doesn't have that much of a presence. I blame the writers for her lack of screen time. I blame the people who cast Halle for not doing their homework. And I shake my head at Halle's portrayal, because it's just NOT there.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Mega_spidey01

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

i always thought storm should look like a model like noami campbell with an african and be played by an actress as an like noami harris. 
WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@Mega_spidey01 said:

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
i always thought storm should look like a model like noami campbell with an african and be played by an actress as an like noami harris.

..................................................I mourn..............................I mourn hard

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

more skin from Halle. : )

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

more skin from Halle. : )

Bite..............your..............tongue

You can't be the same person who also wished that she'd wear her white costume

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And as the tears stream down my face, I am quick to remind myself that I was NOT responsible for casting decisions.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#35 vance_astro  Moderator

I would almost rather Charlize Theron play Storm than Halle Berry ans she's white....

Avatar image for storm_ultimatebadass
Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: Charlize Theron as Emma Frost would be perfect but Storm even a alternate universe one i just cant see. The african features with that white hair and blue eyes.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37 vance_astro  Moderator

@storm_ultimatebadass said:

@vance_astro: Charlize Theron as Emma Frost would be perfect but Storm even a alternate universe one i just cant see. The african features with that white hair and blue eyes.

I was making a joke about how unbearable Halle is as Storm. I hate race changes in films.

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro: Lol I agree Im not sure if it was her acting or the bad dialogue but i think it was a mixture of both. Im hoping she has my girl down now.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

@vance_astro: Lol I agree Im not sure if it was her acting or the bad dialogue but i think it was a mixture of both. Im hoping she has my girl down now.

I actually love Halle Berry as an actress but she doesn't seem to take the right parts. Ever the one she got an academy award for I hated. Monster's Ball is one of the worst movies i've ever seen.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually love Halle Berry as an actress but she doesn't seem to take the right parts. Ever the one she got an academy award for I hated. Monster's Ball is one of the worst movies i've ever seen.

Agreed.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By WARLOCK2792

I would almost rather Charlize Theron play Storm than Halle Berry ans she's white....

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I AGREE..........she picks terrible stuff, and she picks really good stuff...........Monster's Ball was good for the first 30-40 minutes, and then it went to hell.....nasty, sweaty, Billy Bob sex scene-hell.....featuring a random bird cage

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By vance_astro  Moderator

I AGREE..........she picks terrible stuff, and she picks really good stuff...........Monster's Ball was good for the first 30-40 minutes, and then it went to hell.....nasty, sweaty, Billy Bob sex scene-hell.....featuring a random bird cage

The sex scene isn't what I had a problem with, although it was very uncomfortable for me to watch. Most of the dialogue just seemed like it was delivered by people that never acted before. The part where Halle was yelling at her son because he was fat and he was hiding food, completely unconvincing. Monique in Precious is how that delivery should have gone but it was more like Vivica in Kill Bill.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The sex scene isn't what I had a problem with, although it was very uncomfortable for me to watch. Most of the dialogue just seemed like it was delivered by people that never acted before. The part where Halle was yelling at her son because he was fat and he was hiding food, completely unconvincing. Monique in Precious is how that delivery should have gone but it was more like Vivica in Kill Bill.

Ahh Monique......she was INTENSE

And the son...played by Coronji Calhoun?.....That poor boy starred in a movie where he was degraded and humiliated, and he barely even got paid for it.....AND had to deal with Katrina on top of that.

The latter half was when things got really terrible. Even for a independent-style film, that was just awful. The "ice-cream" resolution at the end wasn't satisfying at all...............my memories are returning

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45 vance_astro  Moderator

@white_mage said:

And the son...played by Coronji Calhoun?.....That poor boy starred in a movie where he was degraded and humiliated, and he barely even got paid for it.....AND had to deal with Katrina on top of that.

The latter half was when things got really terrible. Even for a independent-style film, that was just awful. The "ice-cream" resolution at the end wasn't satisfying at all...............my memories are returning

I noticed when I watched the last Oscars that most movies that get all the accolades are trash. I'm not going to ever see Man on a boat with a Tiger or Miserable Lesbians...I mean Life of Pi or Les' Miserables.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Ultimate Storm

short, short, short hair, and costume............this would be flawless

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white_mage said:

I noticed when I watched the last Oscars that most movies that get all the accolades are trash. I'm not going to ever see Man on a boat with a Tiger or Miserable Lesbians...I mean Life of Pi or Les' Miserables.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I had every intention of seeing Les' Mis in theaters.........I wanted to see why Anne Hathaway was crying during her haircut.....And Hugh Jackman looks too hard. Every time he gulps, it looks like he's about to pop a blood vessel

I never heard anything about Life of Pi, other than it was a visual spectacle...........I won't be fooled by pretty graphics again.............I'm looking right at you MILA KUNIS as the Wicked Witch of the West........

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Omg i thought I was the only one who thought the exact same thing. I did not see how she an award for the movie because it was garbage. Theres only a handful of movies in which I think she actually does a great job, but she is very forgettable in movies she never has gotten fully into character to me, its always Halle acting not potraying.

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@white_mage said:

Vivica in Kill Bill was hilarious, that scene was def my fav it has me cracking up.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i thought I was the only one who thought the exact same thing.

...............................................So.................................How long have you NOT been reading my posts?