#1 Posted by MoonStorm (44 posts) - - Show Bio

Personally I loved Halle Berry as Storm in the X-Films franchise, most of all in X3! However (stop rolling ur eyes lol) I am aware that this is not the popular opinion amongst the masses, with many calling for a re-cast in the future.

So needless to say when i saw the regal and beautiful Lupita Nyong'o at the Golden Globes on Mondayi immediately thought she would be a great Storm actress, especially going forward with franchise as Halle is getting a lil bit older….not to mention the fact that Miss Lupita already knows how to the rock the heck out of a cape gurrrrrl :) :)

Would she be a good successor to Halle Berry? I did flit over whether her actual African-ness might end up being a bit too on the nose and uninspired for this character….? What do u think?

#2 Posted by devilsgrin81 (535 posts) - - Show Bio

omg i just mentioned her! I think she'd make an inspired choice.

#3 Posted by Yung ANcient One (4601 posts) - - Show Bio

HA!

I swear I was going to post her as a option. She is gorgeous and she can act. (+)

#4 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9981 posts) - - Show Bio

omg i just mentioned her! I think she'd make an inspired choice.

Agreed. I have never heard of her but she is stunning.

#5 Posted by Cloakx14 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

Danai Gurira would be my pick.

#6 Edited by ArturoCalaKayVee (11076 posts) - - Show Bio
#7 Posted by THUNDERBOLT30 (9981 posts) - - Show Bio

@cloakx14 said:

Danai Gurira would be my pick.

I LOVE her on Walking Dead.

#8 Posted by Cloakx14 (2343 posts) - - Show Bio

me, too she's awesome on that show.

#9 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

Not me.

#10 Edited by wtk1013 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

I think Lupita Nyong'o is a great actress for Storm.Lupita has recently had her first film and was great in it, she played in 12 Years a Slave and I can tell she is a amazing actress and has a lot of potential.Lupita was actually born in Mexico but she was raised in Kenya and actually is Kenyan.She naturally has an accent and a lot of fans want storm to have an accent in live action films! So yea Lupita should be Storm!!She also looks the part to, all she needs is white weave and blue colored contacts and shes Strom!

#11 Posted by devilsgrin81 (535 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtk1013 said:

I think Lupita Nyong'o is a great actress for Storm.Lupita has recently had her first film and was great in it, she played in 12 Years a Slave and I can tell she is a amazing actress and has a lot of potential.Lupita was actually born in Mexico but she was raised in Kenya and actually is Kenyan.She naturally has an accent and a lot of fans want storm to have an accent in live action films! So yea Lupita should be Storm!!She also looks the part to, all she needs is white weave and blue colored contacts and shes Strom!

Lupita could totally rock Mohawk Storm!

#12 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtk1013 said:

Lupita could totally rock Mohawk Storm!

I don't find Lupita fierce, strong nor beautiful.

#13 Posted by ItsDaveyJ (189 posts) - - Show Bio

Ouch. I think Lupita would make a great Storm actually. I still would prefer someone a bit more like Angela Bassett and Kerry Washington could also be acceptable.

#14 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

Ouch. I think Lupita would make a great Storm actually. I still would prefer someone a bit more like Angela Bassett and Kerry Washington could also be acceptable.

No she won't. Black Jubilee probably.

#15 Edited by wtk1013 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: how do u know she wont make a great storm? You dont just like I dont know if she will make a awsome Storm and If you have seen 12 years a slave you would know Lupita is strong and you need to see better pictures of her.but everyone has their own opinion but its a fact that she is beautiful lol.also she just won an oscar.

#16 Edited by devilsgrin81 (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Lupita is now an Oscar winning actress. In the grand tradition (re: Halle is an Oscar Winner) of only having oscar winners playing storm... she should totally be cast in the re-boot thats sure to come after apocalypse finally hits.

#17 Posted by devilsgrin81 (535 posts) - - Show Bio

Angela Bassett is ancient. She cannot be Storm. Not anymore. Kerry Washington? for serious? She's a great actress, but she's just like Halle... no majesty. Its the key ingredient in the Storm mix. the actress MUST have and be able to project majesty. Neither Kerry or Halle do, and neither have ever shown it in any of their performances. Angela has it, no question. But she's way too old to be playing an action hero.

#18 Edited by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

Lupita is now an Oscar winning actress. In the grand tradition (re: Halle is an Oscar Winner) of only having oscar winners playing storm... she should totally be cast in the re-boot thats sure to come after apocalypse finally hits.

I still prefer Zoe over her.

#19 Posted by devilsgrin81 (535 posts) - - Show Bio

@jhazzroucher: i think Zoe makes the better choice - because she's so well known in the genre... and thankfully even tho she's in GotG... you can't really see her since she's Gamora. But Lupita is becoming the best alternate...if she isn't already the best alternative to Zoe Saldana

#20 Posted by MoonStorm (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@devilsgrin81: i totally agree, its tradition after all hehe :) and a fine one at that! Only the best for Storm :) :)

#21 Edited by MoonStorm (44 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtk1013: here are some better pics

I especially like this first dress bcos the colour and the simple elegance is so reminiscent of Storm. It looks like somethin' she'd where :)

#22 Edited by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

@moonstorm said:

@wtk1013: here are some better pics

I especially like this first dress bcos the colour and the simple elegance is so reminiscent of Storm. It looks like somethin' she'd where :)

But the face is just different. She doesn't look Storm at all. Being black doesn't mean she can play Storm's role.

#23 Edited by wtk1013 (205 posts) - - Show Bio

Storm's face doesn't look the exact same at all times because she is being drawn by many different artists. So, we just need someone beautiful that can pull off the role as Storm.Halle and Lupita are both beautiful,but we know Halle wasn't exactly great as Storm and we should atleast give Lupita a chance.

#24 Posted by jhazzroucher (15062 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtk1013 said:

Storm's face doesn't look the exact same at all times because she is being drawn by many different artists. So, we just need someone beautiful that can pull off the role as Storm.Halle and Lupita are both beautiful,but we know Halle wasn't exactly great as Storm and we should atleast give Lupita a chance.

Why not Tyra Banks?

#25 Edited by devilsgrin81 (535 posts) - - Show Bio

@wtk1013 said:

Why not Tyra Banks?

PMSL!!! thats the funniest thing i've EVER heard.

#26 Posted by mistresssobeautiful (787 posts) - - Show Bio

Tyra Banks is a model, and a mediocre actress. I mean she would do Storm justice if eye candy is the case..Other than that no lol