Are we expecting pregnant Halle not to play as Storm?

• 56 results
jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

Halle Berry is 3 months pregnant. I don't think she could be there when the next x-film is on the works.

Are we expecting her to turn down the role ? Will Singer look for another actress to take the role of Storm?

Halle is pregnant: http://www.justjared.com/2009/09/01/halle-berry-pregnant-again/

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

Halle Berry is 3 months pregnant. I don't think she could be there when the next x-film is on the works.

Are we expecting her to turn down the role ? Will Singer look for another actress to take the role of Storm?

Halle is pregnant: http://www.justjared.com/2009/09/01/halle-berry-pregnant-again/

That's a good question, and I heard about the pregnancy in the news. Personally I think she should have been recast as well as Cyclops. Halle isn't exactly a Storm/strong type character to begin with, she doesn't command a dominant sort of presence, like we see in comics with Storm. Halle is also 46 and looking it body wise, I think and always have that she 's a bad fit for Xmen movies. Angela Bassett could have portrayed the character 100 times better, do a comparison on their movies. Hollywood was kinder on one than they were the other. Hollywood and the media also has a history of being kinder to black women who have a mixed culture in their genes, or let me say a lighter skinned Black woman verses one that's a little darker. I hope they recast Halle.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We can always hope not. Recast, go young and talented and newcomer.

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yep

Avatar image for storm_ultimatebadass
Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Thats what im hoping for,get rid of Halle and bring in someone new.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@jhazzroucher said:

That's a good question, and I heard about the pregnancy in the news. Personally I think she should have been recast as well as Cyclops. Halle isn't exactly a Storm/strong type character to begin with, she doesn't command a dominant sort of presence, like we see in comics with Storm. Halle is also 46 and looking it body wise, I think and always have that she 's a bad fit for Xmen movies. Angela Bassett could have portrayed the character 100 times better, do a comparison on their movies. Hollywood was kinder on one than they were the other. Hollywood and the media also has a history of being kinder to black women who have a mixed culture in their genes, or let me say a lighter skinned Black woman verses one that's a little darker. I hope they recast Halle.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

And yet another co-sign

BlackReaper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By BlackReaper

Perhaps Storm just spent a night with Hugh Jackman.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Perhaps Storm just spent a night with Hugh Jackman.

Nope..........she wouldn't risk Hugh's life like that. You know her fiance' is crazy as hell

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ive been reading that people are saying she could still play Storm even showing,by saying she could wear flowing clothing,moreso. But how would that look her in the future with all this destruction walking around in those type of clothes,if thats the direction they plan on going. I want a dark gritty future.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By WARLOCK2792

Ive been reading that people are saying she could still play Storm even showing,by saying she could wear flowing clothing,moreso. But how would that look her in the future with all this destruction walking around in those type of clothes,if thats the direction they plan on going. I want a dark gritty future.

Flowing clothing, stunt doubles, CG.............stuff COULD be done in order to hide it, but I want her out.

vance_astro

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 27

User Lists: 2

#12 vance_astro  Moderator

She shouldn't be Storm regardless, doesn't matter if she's pregnant. She's 45. How old is Storm supposed to be? Like 30 at the most? She doesn't have the look or the acting ability. It will be years before we see a different Storm on the big screen.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I am just having a hard time with the belief this is still happening...she has to step away...

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_ultimatebadass said:

Flowing clothing, stunt doubles, CG.............stuff COULD be done in order to hide it, but I want her out.

Agreed Id much rather have her out,she needs to bow out because I dont feel like its gonna make Storm shine if shes gonna through a preganancy

Trixie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

o.O She does not look old! Halle doesn't age, she easily looks ten years younger than she is. I like her as Storm but

“Storm probably won’t be as badass as she was going to be because we won’t be able to do any fighting or flying or things like that,” Berry told BBC. “She’ll be different than we originally planned her to be but I still think she’ll be an integral part of this new X-Men movie.”

>_> If that's true, it's very disappointing. :/ They should have found a way to film her earlier or work around it with stunt doubles or something.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By WARLOCK2792

@trixie said:

o.O She does not look old! Halle doesn't age, she easily looks ten years younger than she is. I like her as Storm but

“Storm probably won’t be as badass as she was going to be because we won’t be able to do any fighting or flying or things like that,” Berry told BBC. “She’ll be different than we originally planned her to be but I still think she’ll be an integral part of this new X-Men movie.”

>_> If that's true, it's very disappointing. :/ They should have found a way to film her earlier or work around it with stunt doubles or something.

................................................................................................................."going to be"?

That's it. I'm breakin dishes up in here.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She shouldn't be Storm regardless, doesn't matter if she's pregnant. She's 45. How old is Storm supposed to be? Like 30 at the most? She doesn't have the look or the acting ability. It will be years before we see a different Storm on the big screen.

Years before we see a GOOD Storm on screen. Whatchu mean you she can't be as bada$$ as originally intended? Whatchu mean you can't fly and get in on the action as much? I am PISSED! This sh*t wasn't supposed to happen anyway. Singer wasn't supposed to be on, and FIRST CLASS was supposed to produce an awesome prequel series. What the hell happened? "I think she'll be an integral part of this new X-Men movie"? What makes you THINK that? The thirty minutes you spent on screen combined, during X2 and X1? She gone be back to flyin jets? It's a WRAP!!

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vance_astro said:

Years before we see a GOOD Storm on screen. Whatchu mean you she can't be as bada$$ as originally intended? Whatchu mean you can't fly and get in on the action as much? I am PISSED! This sh*t wasn't supposed to happen anyway. Singer wasn't supposed to be on, and FIRST CLASS was supposed to produce an awesome prequel series. What the hell happened? "I think she'll be an integral part of this new X-Men movie"? What makes you THINK that? The thirty minutes you spent on screen combined, during X2 and X1? She gone be back to flyin jets? It's a WRAP!!

You know White Mage i feel you, and im just as pissed off about he situation. ive rather they just left her out then screw her over again. I was expecting the bad ass Storm its no way around it,when they found out she was pregnant they should have left her out.

i

Silver_Raven

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#19  Edited By Silver_Raven

I really think you should all relax with all your Halle hate. She's going to be in the movie and hopefully they will rewrite in a way that makes sense and work around the costume and harness issues. This will no doubt be the last time we see her as Storm and I am sure they will be enough characters in that movie to juggle that we wouldn't be getting all the Storm we deserved anyway. Just pray and hope that the script/movie does introduce another young Storm played by new actress to take on the character. Because you know there will be one more movie after this one. If not more.

Now here is how I think they should deal with the surprise baby. I think it would be very very interesting if they worked her pregnancy in the story Why can't Storm be pregnant in the story? If she is going to have a bump i rather they try not to hide it and just write it in and give the character even more to fight for. I love it when Storm is portrayed as the maternal mother lion she can be and what would be more bad ass than an over protective and hormonal Storm. ^-^

Best of all, the father of the baby could be none other than Wolverine! It would be my dream to see them together in movie even if it's this alternate universe. We know Day's of Future Past wont be a literal adaptation from the comic book but maybe it will take a cue from the Animated Series, with their version of "Days of Future Past" with a little "One Man's Worth" thrown into it as well. As a RoLo fan i have been wishing for years that the comics would give them a shot. And if the comics wont commit to it I would love to see it in this movie. Hugh and Halle have a great friendship and untapped chemistry waiting to be explored. This would be the perfect place to do it. Even though i know it would not end well for them. I can cope with my star crossed super couple.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Mega_spidey01

recast and get a better talent you back actress like zoe saldana to play her.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hated the first 3 Xmen movies, but I loved First Class. That said, however, First Class was a continuity NIGHTMARE. And while I understand it sold well and therefore is included in this new movie by default, and that there is a lot of money possible in doing more in the current universe, they cant HAVE THEIR CAKE AND EAT IT TOO. What im saying is, they could either make a sequel to the continuity destroying First Class, ignoring all the other movies and thereby continue in a strong new universe, or they can forget First Class and continue the modern telling that is parallel to the comics. OR, the best of all worlds REBOOT THE WHOLE DARN MESS!! But this idea of combining one fantastic film (that is COMPLETELY incompatible with the trilogy), with the god awful trilogy, is ABSOLUTE BULLOCK.

Not to mention, ive said it before I'll say it again, one of the biggest reasons First Class worked so well is that Wolverine wasnt in it. Any movie Wolverine is in will become Wolverine's movie, and he is not dynamic, relateable, intelligent, sympathetic enough to carry a movie.

Basically, this Halle Berry news is one more log on our s*** barbecue.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really think you should all relax with all your Halle hate.

My hatred is an airline. Halle and Bryan Singer not only fly first class, but they also consistently buy round trip tickets to the island of "Fai'lery", where they mingle with the locals, and discuss ways to make Halle's hair look worse in just about every serious movie she's played in since the new millenium

The baby will be beautiful, I'm sure. He's lucky as hell. But I'm shaking my fist at the Gods, and asking them why they have abandoned me, YET AGAIN, because die keep rollin on Storm's behalf, and I've YET to see a GOOD seven.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really think you should all relax with all your Halle hate. She's going to be in the movie and hopefully they will rewrite in a way that makes sense and work around the costume and harness issues. This will no doubt be the last time we see her as Storm and I am sure they will be enough characters in that movie to juggle that we wouldn't be getting all the Storm we deserved anyway. Just pray and hope that the script/movie does introduce another young Storm played by new actress to take on the character. Because you know there will be one more movie after this one. If not more.

Now here is how I think they should deal with the surprise baby. I think it would be very very interesting if they worked her pregnancy in the story Why can't Storm be pregnant in the story? If she is going to have a bump i rather they try not to hide it and just write it in and give the character even more to fight for. I love it when Storm is portrayed as the maternal mother lion she can be and what would be more bad ass than an over protective and hormonal Storm. ^-^

Best of all, the father of the baby could be none other than Wolverine! It would be my dream to see them together in movie even if it's this alternate universe. We know Day's of Future Past wont be a literal adaptation from the comic book but maybe it will take a cue from the Animated Series, with their version of "Days of Future Past" with a little "One Man's Worth" thrown into it as well. As a RoLo fan i have been wishing for years that the comics would give them a shot. And if the comics wont commit to it I would love to see it in this movie. Hugh and Halle have a great friendship and untapped chemistry waiting to be explored. This would be the perfect place to do it. Even though i know it would not end well for them. I can cope with my star crossed super couple.

I agree with you!

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All i heard is that she will still be playing Storm. To be honest i love Halle and she does look young and fit.if they will still pursue with Halle then they better have amazing stunt doubles fighting for her. I really really hope they dont turn down her planned fight scenes in the movie.

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an idea what about lets just tweet Bryan about it. We should tell him KINDLY how we don't want a turned down Storm, we tell him that Storm should have amazing fight scenes. He should get stunt doubles for Storm on the fight scenes. But i suggest NOT tweeting him how we dont want Halle since that might put him in a bad mood or well "tweeting the director to get rid of an A-Lister actress is just wrong since we are basically telling him to FIRE a person with a job" hahahahahaha lets do this since it is our movie too and our childhood memories hahahahahaha REMEMBER KINDLY

well this is just a thought, "a thought to save OUR movie" HAHAHAHA

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I have an idea what about lets just tweet Bryan about it. We should tell him KINDLY how we don't want a turned down Storm, we tell him that Storm should have amazing fight scenes. He should get stunt doubles for Storm on the fight scenes. But i suggest NOT tweeting him how we dont want Halle since that might put him in a bad mood or well "tweeting the director to get rid of an A-Lister actress is just wrong since we are basically telling him to FIRE a person with a job" hahahahahaha lets do this since it is our movie too and our childhood memories hahahahahaha REMEMBER KINDLY

well this is just a thought, "a thought to save OUR movie" HAHAHAHA

I actually thought about doing that its just I have no twitter but I considered making one just for this

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

come on people, 2 tweets aint just gonna convince Bryan we need more tweets ......

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By WARLOCK2792

All i heard is that she will still be playing Storm. To be honest i love Halle and she does look young and fit.if they will still pursue with Halle then they better have amazing stunt doubles fighting for her. I really really hope they dont turn down her planned fight scenes in the movie.

See, this is why I refuse to tweet him

If common sense doesn't already tell him "Chick is pregnant. Get stunt doubles", then I honestly don't know what else can be said about this foolery

I simply cannot comprehend the amount of "fail" that must be within the veins of this director if he DOESN'T think of stunt doubles for flying scenes/fighting scenes. I'm still shocked that Halle openly said that Storm won't be as much of a badass and won't have flying scenes BECAUSE of the pregnancy. I think that was just absurd, as Bryan should have already had this covered. Even the people in KILL BILL didn't do all of their stunts, so why is X-MEN failing to follow suit? Tis f*ckery

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xmenfallen said:

See, this is why I refuse to tweet him

If common sense doesn't already tell him "Chick is pregnant. Get stunt doubles", then I honestly don't know what else can be said about this foolery

I simply cannot comprehend the amount of "fail" that must be within the veins of this director if he DOESN'T think of stunt doubles for flying scenes/fighting scenes. I'm still shocked that Halle openly said that Storm won't be as much of a badass and won't have flying scenes BECAUSE of the pregnancy. I think that was just absurd, as Bryan should have already had this covered. Even the people in KILL BILL didn't do all of their stunts, so why is X-MEN failing to follow suit? Tis f*ckery

I did not know that, but I read over on superherohype that her interview was misunderstood since it was being translated from another language and they clarified that she said a stunt double would be doing the things she cant and that the original script planned for her would not change.

PassionFlower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She cannot act. Can they stunt act for her?

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By jhazzroucher

@trixie said:

................................................................................................................."going to be"?

That's it. I'm breakin dishes up in here.

: (

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey any suggestions on what to say/tweet to him about this topic?

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I did not know that, but I read over on superherohype that her interview was misunderstood since it was being translated from another language and they clarified that she said a stunt double would be doing the things she cant and that the original script planned for her would not change.

I'm skeptical already, because "BBC Newsbeat" is in English.lol But, if someone has a link that I could read and sooth my nerves with, I definitely wouldn't object.

I find it weird that her source interviewer would quote only that part if she did indeed say that she would be reprising that role, with stunt double assistance. It's not like it was negative publicity......for most people.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

we should tweet Singer to give Storm some awesome moments

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xmenfallen said:

we should tweet Singer to give Storm some awesome moments

.......................................................something tells me.................he's not gonna care

Storm_UltimateBadass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_ultimatebadass said:

I'm skeptical already, because "BBC Newsbeat" is in English.lol But, if someone has a link that I could read and sooth my nerves with, I definitely wouldn't object.

I find it weird that her source interviewer would quote only that part if she did indeed say that she would be reprising that role, with stunt double assistance. It's not like it was negative publicity......for most people.

I dont have direct info just heresay from the people at superherohype, if you want the address to see if you understand it better here it is. Im just keeping my fingers crossed that they are right. http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=455951, you may have to browse the pages sorry lol.

WARLOCK2792

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I dont have direct info just heresay from the people at superherohype, if you want the address to see if you understand it better here it is. Im just keeping my fingers crossed that they are right. http://forums.superherohype.com/showthread.php?t=455951, you may have to browse the pages sorry lol.

http://www.moviefancentral.com/x-kid/blogs/halle-berry-on-how-her-pregnancy-will-affect-her-role-as-storm-in-x-men:-days-of-future-past--

I found something on it................................................

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am getting really concerned about this topic, we should say something I REALLY WANT STORM TO HAVE AWESOME FIGHT SCENES uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh frustration

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i am getting really concerned about this topic, we should say something I REALLY WANT STORM TO HAVE AWESOME FIGHT SCENES uhhhhhhhhhhhhhh frustration

I feel you.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

body doubles, its really not an issue. Penelope Cruz was about 6 months along when they filmed that god awful pirates sequel (ok most of them sucked), and had her sister do the body shots.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dh69 said:

body doubles, its really not an issue. Penelope Cruz was about 6 months along when they filmed that god awful pirates sequel (ok most of them sucked), and had her sister do the body shots.

I hope Singer would do that

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey here is the first look of Halle as Storm in the new movie... what do you think:

No Caption Provided

evilvegeta74

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

butterflykyss

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i just saw the tweet Bryan posted i was gonna put it here but its already here. hmmmm i have to say that the costume looks NICE but i dont think its the final one

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh my GOD i just did it hahahaha i tweeted him hahahhaha

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh my GOD i just did it hahahaha i tweeted him hahahhaha

lol.. : )

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Come on 1 tweet is not enough to get noticed.... so this is what i tweeted HIM

@BryanSinger Storm looks great i just hope she will have stunt doubles so that she can be BADASS again. Fans want to see Storm FIGHT AND FLY

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

xmenfallen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

COME ON people tweet Bryan for Storm to have a stunt double so that we can see "OUR" Storm fight and fly. Its better to try rather than not trying and we end up here in COMICVINE b*tching about how storm was boring. COME ON VINERS