Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 9

#1  Edited By jhazzroucher

It's official.

Singers' twitter: https://twitter.com/BryanSinger/status/558437540831567872

No Caption Provided

Alexndra Shipp will play as young Storm in the next X-men film.

Avatar image for mistresssobeautiful
mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Oh my god....*jumps off a bridge*

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

The end is near.

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#4  Edited By Saint_Sophie

@mistresssobeautiful: I take it you don't like Shipp being cast? Or you do? Just wondering :p

Anyways, darn you beat me to it. While I'm glad that Zendaya didn't get the role, I'm not so sure I like Shipp either.. but I'll have to live with it like Gadot being Diana.

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

#5  Edited By Claymore1998

She looks okay.

SoA

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 6

um why the freak out? reletivly unknown playing a role she can grow with. unless she really really does suck as an actress.

i love halle berry as much as the next person but she is reaching 50 a little old to be a brand new recruit in the 80s , unless im missing something???

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: I don't like. I watched her in the Aaliyah Biopic...and she ruined the poor girl legacy...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By jhazzroucher

I prefer Zendaya but oh well I just have to accept it.

No Caption Provided

Saint_Sophie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@mistresssobeautiful: Hmm. Okay then. I don't much about her, and although I'm sounding judgmental, if her acting isn't that bad I'll give her a shot. I'll watch that Aaliyah movie just to see, cause I've never heard of her.. (heard of the movie though)

Claymore1998

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 7

Never seen anything with her in it, but she look pretty cool.

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: Yeah it had pretty poor ratings and reviews. I'll give Alexandra a chance with Storm. I wonder if she could do a Kenyan/ regal voice.

JakeN7

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I was wondering what the raindrops would think about this...

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@saint_sophie: Yeah it had pretty poor ratings and reviews. I'll give Alexandra a chance with Storm. I wonder if she could do a Kenyan/ regal voice.

Yeah. Me too. I'm going to check that Aaliyah movie so I can get to know more about her.

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Not only her acting in that movie wasn't so hot. But her other movie she was in was "Drum line:The New Beat" and I didn't like her in that also. I heard Zendaya was in this new spy kid show on Disney channel.

wtk1013

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By wtk1013

I think she will be a good Storm. That whole Aliyah movie wasn't bad because of her acting, it was bad because it was rushed and directed terribly. That's the only thing I've seen her in though....she's pretty new to the scene. Some of you wanted someone more unknown for Storm. But only time will tell how she'll do :)

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Can Alexandra look fierce?

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: thank the heavens you weren't in charge of casting. You'd probably cast Cameron Diaz as Storm.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: thank the heavens you weren't in charge of casting. You'd probably cast Cameron Diaz as Storm.

Lol. If people want a black-skinned black actress, I would have gone to Africa and kenya and check their local actresses.

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm willing to give her shot but I can understand the apprehension. I love Aaliyah so I share in the disappointment that most fans felt with that movie. It was so.....flat and I felt so much of that story was missing. Maybe the 5th times the charm :-P...

LMAO

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Storm Calling

@thunderbolt30 said:

I'm willing to give her shot but I can understand the apprehension. I love Aaliyah so I share in the disappointment that most fans felt with that movie. It was so.....flat and I felt so much of that story was missing. Maybe the 5th times the charm :-P...

@malachi_munroe said:

LMAO

LOL! I admire your optimism. I suppose I'll give her a shot too(was definitely not wanting Lupita. Sorry, but NO! lol)... Maybe Singer seen something we didn't in the auditions... They did say they wanted to go with relative unknowns, so I expected this, but this girl's is known for a movie that was VERY recently slammed. There were a couple others that would've been better to me.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By jhazzroucher

@storm_calling said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

LMAO

LOL! I admire your optimism. I suppose I'll give her a shot too(was definitely not wanting Lupita. Sorry, but NO! lol)... Maybe Singer seen something we didn't in the auditions... They did say they wanted to go with relative unknowns, so I expected this, but this girl's is known for a movie that was VERY recently slammed. There were a couple others that would've been better to me.

I don't like Alexandra because she doesn't have a charm. Storm is not an ordinary girl. Storm is a girl whom you will notice right away on your first day at school. Storm is like the girl you will notice among a group of girls. Alexandra is beautiful but I've seen who are more beautiful than her or at least has a strong personality. I've akso checked different faces of Alexandra and she couldn't look fierce unlike Zendaya (perhaps because Zendaya's eyebrows are better).

I've just checked Zendaya: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vgtasPD60N8

She's got the looks, personality and she can dance well. But now I see why she lost to Alexandra in getting the Aaliyah and Storm role. Because Zendaya kinda doesn't look african anymore.

But again, Zendaya can make her skin darker if she wanted/needed to.

I'm just saying that I still prefer Zendaya over Alexandra if the choices is just between the two of them.

I don't think Alexandra can pull it off with the white hair, especially Storm's mohawk look.

I hope they'll look for somebody else.

neelay3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By neelay3

@jhazzroucher: I'm okay with this casting. I just hope that Brian gives Storm an actual story and personality. And doesn't relegate her to token black furniture like X1.

Halle had a good point at the DOFP conference when she asked "Why doesn't have a love interest?"

It's true!

Wolverine
Magneto
Jean
Cyclops
Ice Man
Prof X
Rouge

and Mystique all have romances but not Storm? Storm who is played by one of the sexiest women in hollywood? God I loath this film series.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@neelay3 said:

@jhazzroucher: I'm okay with this casting. I just hope that Brian gives Storm an actual story and personality. And doesn't relegate her to token black furniture like X1.

Halle had a good point at the DOFP conference when she asked "Why doesn't have a love interest?"

It's true!

Wolverine

Magneto

Jean

Cyclops

Ice Man

Prof X

Rouge

and Mystique all have romances but not Storm? Storm who is played by one of the sexiest women in hollywood? God I loath this film series.

I still want Wolverine and Storm. They could develop their romance in Wolverine's movie.

If not, Gambit and Storm

THUNDERBOLT30

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

LMAO

I hope she reads at least 50 issues with Storm and from different eras up to current so she learns the character. I hope Singer is not continuing to tell his cast to not read the comics, which is stupid and recipe for failure.

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: That's nice and cool. But no one cares about Zendaya dancing skills. We care about if she can sound like Storm or project her voice in a regal and powerful. I hope she can wear blue contacts and a nice long wig.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: That's nice and cool. But no one cares about Zendaya dancing skills. We care about if she can sound like Storm or project her voice in a regal and powerful. I hope she can wear blue contacts and a nice long wig.

I know but if you look at her face, she is beautiful and can look fierce effortlessly.

Alexandra looks like a laidback one.

I'm still not accepting her to play as Storm. Maybe next week. :)

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: I'm probably never going to. I want her to make a video or something showing her Storm voice or something

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mistresssobeautiful: Zendaya is lighter therefore, he's going to try to pull reasons out of his a** to say she's better... It's the same song and dance over and over.

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman?

Alexandra Shipp as Storm?

It just keep getting worse. Jeez. Now Storm fans see how Wonder Woman fans feel.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zhurong said:

Gal Gadot as Wonder Woman?

Alexandra Shipp as Storm?

It just keep getting worse. Jeez. Now Storm fans see how Wonder Woman fans feel.

At least Gal looks interesting.

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ZhuRong

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Lol oh Jhazz that's okay one day you two will be together and you'll get a job.:-)

Storm Calling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling said:

@thunderbolt30 said:

@malachi_munroe said:

LMAO

I hope she reads at least 50 issues with Storm and from different eras up to current so she learns the character. I hope Singer is not continuing to tell his cast to not read the comics, which is stupid and recipe for failure.

All she'll need is the first 7 issues of Storm's solo series(minus #3 of course). This information shouldn't be hard to find anymore.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Lol, that would be a dream or charm. Snuggling up with Jhazz talking about Storm lol.

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought this was Comic Vine and not Christian Mingle..

Malachi_Munroe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@storm_calling: considering Berry flat out said Bryan told them not to read the comics? I highly doubt she'll be allowed to..

albusan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Error, they need to retcon Storm in the comics as half white because they'll never cast a full black woman to play her.

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jhazzroucher: Lol, that would be a dream or charm. Snuggling up with Jhazz talking about Storm lol.

Hahaha. You make me feel happy somehow. : )

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@albusan said:

Error, they need to retcon Storm in the comics as half white because they'll never cast a full black woman to play her.

Alexandra can tan her skin.

mistresssobeautiful

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

jhazzroucher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers