• 99 results
No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 55

User Lists: 2

Edited By No_Name_

DC Comics revealed the covers and solicits to many of their upcoming September books earlier today. Amongst these titles was the cover and solicit for "Red Hood and the Outlaws." Unfortunately, I didn't even notice Jason Todd or Arsenal because I was too focused on trying to understand how the hell Starfire's costume is staying on. I settled on anti-gravity double sided space tape. That's the only way that top would work. I also like how she's wearing shoulder pads (why?) but she leaves her chest and stomach open for an easy target. Because you know, all your vital organs are in your shoulders so you need to wear shoulder pads.

What are you doing, DC Comics. Seriously.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 6

@Babs: Just for future outfits, can you find out where she gets this tape? Obviously its doing the job!

It reminds me of those old panel van art fantasy girls

Mind you at least her bra has straps!
Mind you at least her bra has straps!
Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 15

#2  Edited By Mercy_

Oh look. She looks trashy. Im so surprised... What a shame <_>

ThanosIsMad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By ThanosIsMad

She wears even less than she did before.

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#4  Edited By TheCrowbar

God damn it, that was going to be this week's The Crowbar Swings...

And Babs she's an alien for all we know all her vital organs are in her shoulders!

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 7

#5  Edited By ragdollpurps

Makes sense... Her being Tamaranian and all. They don't have the normal inhibitions that human society has placed on ourselves. 

Icarusflies

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 14

#6  Edited By Icarusflies  Moderator

Wow, they managed to make her costume MORE skimpy…I didn't think that was possible.

Congrats DC, you did the impossible…and made me even LESS likely to get this comic.

Avatar image for _mistress_redhead_
.Mistress Redhead.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

@ragdollpurps said:

Makes sense... Her being Tamaranian and all. They don't have the normal inhibitions that human society has placed on ourselves.

Surely though, much like any other alien she can realise that perhaps covering up your boobies is a nicer way to go? ;)

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By TheCrowbar

I'm more disturbed by the green baseball cap.

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By No_Name_

@ragdollpurps said:

And she hasn't spent enough time on earth yet or anything, right?

@TheCrowbar said:

And Babs she's an alien for all we know all her vital organs are in her shoulders!

TOUCHE!

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#10  Edited By Aiden Cross
@ragdollpurps said:
My thoughts exactly, i don't mind it. It fits her character.
harleyquinn12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 40

User Lists: 21

#11  Edited By harleyquinn12

Looks even worse than before. Pants my a$$.
daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By daredevil21134

I like it

ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By ragdollpurps
@.Mistress Redhead. said:

@ragdollpurps said:

Surely though, much like any other alien she can realise that perhaps covering up your boobies is a nicer way to go? ;)

@Babs said:

@ragdollpurps said:

And she hasn't spent enough time on earth yet or anything, right?

That's not her personality though. She's not one to cover herself up just because it's what's considered decent. Yeah, of course current Starfire is well aware of Earth's customs, but let's keep in mind this reboot Starfire so she may have just arrived on our for first time. Also, current Starfire is extremely cavalier about Earth's customs despite having been here for a while. She's powerful and hot, I say 'you go girl' and rock that floss till the sun don't shine cause lord knows its not like she needs armor to protect her when she can fly and keep people at bay by blasting them. Also, a little convenient distraction doesn't hurt. And what's with all the slut-shaming? I'm disappointed in all the double-standard showing up in here. 
danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#14  Edited By danhimself

I like it....I do not however like Roy's hat....he should have kept the drug habit, dead cat, and robot arm

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By fodigg

This is a terrible design. Just awful. 

This is even less than the typical chainmail bikini.

azza04

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By azza04

I have absolutely no problem with it :P

Gearhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By Gearhead

There's always glue: 

Keeping bras on since 1942. 
Keeping bras on since 1942. 
ARMIV

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By ARMIV

Wow. Looks like she got the MK9 treatment as well...

No_Name_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By No_Name_

@ragdollpurps: Double standards? Huh?

DC openly decided to redesign all their female characters to wear more clothing, so the fact that Kory is wearing less was a little bit of a shocker.

Also, you can be cool with it, more power to you, but I don't have to be and I think I'm entitled to my opinion. I really don't understand the functionality of her redesigned costume and I pointed out why above. That's my opinion. And "slut shaming"? I don't think there's any "slut shaming" going on in this thread. No one's trashing Kory for the number of sex partners she's had, we're having a discussion about the publisher's decision on her costume redesign.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#20  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

is it practical? no 

does it make sense? yes, its Starfire!!!! hello people i think that after a good 20 (real time not comic time) years or so we've established that dosnt give a rats behind about clothes,
and seeing how in this series it looks like she's just going to be doing street level stuff  i would think the bullet proof super strong alien chick will be okay.  i quite honestly have more of a problem with her MELTING A DUDES FACE!!!!!!1  is that standard Starfire methodology? 

if it was anyone other than babs, i would think that they were just venting starfire hate. but babs would never do that................

Aiden Cross

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 9

User Lists: 5

#21  Edited By Aiden Cross

Namor got away with it for years, don't see why Starfire can't. Since it actually makes sense for both characters, besides Kory really has no need for armor, she's durable enough. And like Ragdollpurps said we know nothing about her backstory yet, if she just landed on earth it makes perfect sense.

TypingKira

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By TypingKira

O_O  

My mind is now, quite by accident, literally trying to figure out how this is staying up. . . It's not possible. 

Lance Uppercut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Lance Uppercut
@TypingKira said:
O_O   My mind is now, quite by accident, literally trying to figure out how this is staying up. . . It's not possible. 
Alien bras>normal bras. 
Ophelia_Frost

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Ophelia_Frost

What if this outfit is a normal Tamaranian outfit that she was happening to wear and hasn't had time to change. We are judging the cover when we don't even know the story behind it. 

CATPANEXE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By CATPANEXE

I can't agree with the majority here, sorry. I don't see this as any " less " than her more well known costume, just a variation of that, hence no shock here.
The shoulder pads are gawdy in my personal opinion though, but an obvious variation on her collar piece either way.

Duo_forbidden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 604

User Lists: 8

#26  Edited By Duo_forbidden

To be honest, I don't see anything wrong with her new costume. Kory is known to wear ridiculous outfits.

My main concern is why she even joining Jason Todd's group? She's doesn't really seem anti-hero material imo.

Art by David Cutler
Art by David Cutler
ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By ragdollpurps
@Babs said:

@ragdollpurps: Double standards? Huh?

DC openly decided to redesign all their female characters to wear more clothing, so the fact that Kory is wearing less was a little bit of a shocker.

Also, you can be cool with it, more power to you, but I don't have to be and I think I'm entitled to my opinion. I really don't understand the functionality of her redesigned costume and I pointed out why above. That's my opinion. And "slut shaming"? I don't think there's any "slut shaming" going on in this thread. No one's trashing Kory for the number of sex partners she's had, we're having a discussion about the publisher's decision on her costume redesign.

Yes, double standards. That whole decision in it of itself is a product of double standards. Why do the women have to wear more clothing? Do they not have a choice as to what they can wear? If the decision were to fully clothed all characters, that would be different, however that wasn't the case. I for one, am glad that they decided to keep some characters wearing less, as it would be entirely in character for some people in the DCU to do so. This particular case in point. But calling Kory a 'skank' based on her outfit is indeed slut shaming. For all we know, this Kory could be the most innocent, sweetest girl with a ...slighttemper problem and her garb is just that of her home. I just stated my opinion on her outfit, and I respect yours and never said you weren't entitled to it. You just obviously strongly disagree. Nothing wrong with that, but you don't have to go making sarcastic remarks about mine. 
TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By TheCrowbar

Just a heads up:
2 lovers does not a slut make.

HellionVulcan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By HellionVulcan

I never got why females in comics wear so little sure it'd distract a guy like Hercules but its so not right for crime fighting lol .

TheCrowbar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By TheCrowbar

For all we know, Villians attack whenever Kory is walking to a pool.

Avatar image for gundamheavyarms
GundamHeavyarms

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By GundamHeavyarms

Well, its not that bad. It looks like emma frosts old outfit from Morrison's run on the X-Men.   Tameranians are less inhibited than humans are.  It fits her personality. 

pikahyper

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 581

#32  Edited By pikahyper  Moderator

I'm almost positive that her costume from the waist up is copied from either an Awesome character or an Image character from the '90s, can't remember who but it looks super familiar especially the shoulder pads. 

While it does fit the characters personality at least back in the New Titans days when she was a model and semi-nudist DC toned her down a great deal especially when Teen Titans Go was being made cause she wouldn't have been a good role model for kids but it is total BS that DC goes and announces that all females character will be more conservative and that there would be no more skirts and then they make changes across the board yet somehow a single D-list character gets to stick with a skippy outfit, that little outfit makes skirts look pretty conservative in comparison, boggles the mind with some of the decisions they are making for this relaunch.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By InnerVenom123

She's secretly a telepath and us always concentrating to keep her clothes on. 

SC

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#34  Edited By SC  Moderator
@ragdollpurps said:

I agree with this, and a lot of the other sentiment you have expressed! (which was very well said)  (and I loved that you addressed issues I have with presumptions about dress wear)

Definitely as far as the narrative goes. Strongly.

I do, cynically raise my eyebrow, though, and this cover at the same time, at the artist, costume designer, DC, etc, because criticism, there at them is a bit different. We can discern the reasoning they have, as far as various creative decisions goes, and its a bit less innocent, but thats a broad criticism, that doesn't just apply to Starfire and comics, but everything. So its not something that I would personally press in this thread.  

Anyway, I thought your defense of her was badass! *smile*
FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By FesteringNeon

Don't worry, she's just a detraction from Mr. Dick'n'Balls, or, protruding camel-toe, at the top in the black pants..

I think she wears a heavy burden and a cold shoulder.. never mind her space boobs. While trying not to look like your average pig, when I'm trying my damndest not to.... I'd be lying if based on an immediate reaction, I didn't think....

No Caption Provided

But is that what the artist had in mind? Of course. While I don't have any seasoning in the comic world, I can say.. that outfit grabs a novice attention, but while you may have my immediate notice.. nothing can compensate for a little depth and imagination. ;) Again while I can't really debate properly without knowing the comic universe, and know Marvel and DC might have nothing to do with one another.. but look at Phoenix. Sexy, without looking too revealing. Then again, is Starfire as established as Phoenix, and are they confident in their story enough to redesign her costume a bit more conservatively?

PowerHerc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

#36  Edited By PowerHerc

It's not how revealing her costume is that bothers me, it's really not that much more revealing than any of her previous ones, so much as the fact that it just isn't a very good design.

RazzaTazz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1887

User Lists: 79

#37  Edited By RazzaTazz

I think in terms of the redesign (or at least the theme a lot of the redesigns are going for) her most vital organs (at least in terms of sales) are quite visible immediately below her shoulders.  

cosmo111687

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 23

#39  Edited By cosmo111687
@aztek the lost said:

@bukkookkub said:

Don't worry, she's just a detraction from Mr. Dick'n'Balls, or, protruding camel-toe, at the top in the black pants..

LMFAO! holy crap, I can't believe nobody else is talking about that!

I can't believe that's the real cover image, surely it's a joke, you can clearly see a semi-erect penis and testicles, HAHAHAHA! whoever was the artist for this pic is the best, seriously, I think the clearly outlined male genitalia more then makes up for another skimpy Starfire uniform

Yeah, not to mention the clear symbolism implied by Red Arrow's...um..."arrow"....
Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

#40  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt
@aztek the lost said:

@bukkookkub said:

I can't believe that's the real cover image, surely it's a joke, you can clearly see a semi-erect penis and testicles, HAHAHAHA! whoever was the artist for this pic is the best, seriously, I think the clearly outlined male genitalia more then makes up for another skimpy Starfire uniform

oh god....... i saw it........ now i HAVE to think about starfire to get it oot of my head 

*thinks  hard* 

OH GOD ITS ON STARFIRE NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
ragdollpurps

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By ragdollpurps
@aztek the lost said:

@bukkookkub said:

Oh my god, I thought you were joking but that is seriously his junk just right there. xD Thats hilarious. The artist is probably snickering at his desk right now. 
FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By FesteringNeon

@Avenging-X-Bolt:

I blame it on Disney.

FesteringNeon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By FesteringNeon

Oh my god Sara, I'm sorry. :(

Hopefully at this point we can all agree on the ridiculousness of this art direction

-Eclipse-

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By -Eclipse-
@Babs said:

DC openly decided to redesign all their female characters to wear more clothing...

Wait, WHAT? So why the heck is Harley wearing a corset now? O__o 

The only 'conservative' redesigns I've seen are Supergirl's lack of skirt (though technically her new costume is more revealing) and Wonder Woman having pants... Which she's already had for the past year anyways.
Avatar image for captaingenisvell
CaptainGenisVell

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#46  Edited By CaptainGenisVell

I know it's a skimpy costume and all, usually found on a stripper...I would guess, and yes, there appears to be another suit malfunction which isn't protecting a male vital organ but what gets me is that Starfire has just straight up murdered a man by melting his face like from 'Raiders of the Lost Ark'.  

No Caption Provided

Seriously why is no one commenting on that?!
xscarletkittie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

#47  Edited By xscarletkittie

@aztek the lost said:

@ragdollpurps said:

@aztek the lost said:

@bukkookkub said:

Oh my god, I thought you were joking but that is seriously his junk just right there. xD Thats hilarious. The artist is probably snickering at his desk right now.

I didn't expect it either...seriously, that's not even subtle, I love when editors miss this stuff

No Caption Provided

Oh god, now my eyes will be forever drawn to that stupid spot every time I look at this cover.

Wattup

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By Wattup

I think Kory is one of the most offensive female characters there is in comics. Beyond her obvious scantily-clad appearance, she's naked almost all the time (with the "caveat" that alien races aren't as prudish as humankind) and I swear, 95% of the comic book stories she's been in over the past few years are her constantly lamenting her lost relationship with Dick Grayson and her subsequent loss of identity. Just a terrible, one-dimensional character, especially since she's considered almost Wonder Woman-level in power. 

And you know they'll probably stick her with Red Hood or Arsenal next. She's one of those characters that only rates when she's the love object of a male bad boy.

Mercy_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By Mercy_
@aztek the lost: Whaaaaaaat the hell O__O 

@Wattup said:
I think Kory is one of the most offensive female characters there is in comics. Beyond her obvious scantily-clad appearance, she's naked almost all the time (with the "caveat" that alien races aren't as prudish as humankind) and I swear, 95% of the comic book stories she's been in over the past few years are her constantly lamenting her lost relationship with Dick Grayson and her subsequent loss of identity. Just a terrible, one-dimensional character, especially since she's considered almost Wonder Woman-level in power.   And you know they'll probably stick her with Red Hood or Arsenal next. She's one of those characters that only rates when she's the love object of a male bad boy.
I love this post :)