Ten bucks says Snoke is Plagueis

Aberration888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By Aberration888

Get ready to pay up when episode eight comes out!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Didn't Palpatine kill him?

Aberration888

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@xwraith: He could have faked his death or pulled off an essence transfer.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb
deactivated-5a4e0e8ea3dfb

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

an interesting theory. Snoke does have Muun features, even with all the scarring, and his reported height of 7 feet would fit with the species. Kylo also refers to him as wise, and Plagueis was known as Plagueis the Wise. The expanded stories of Plagueis did mention how he could survive through the Force after death and perhaps they'll use him as a nod to the EU canon of Palpatine inhabiting a cloned body, where instead Plagueis willed a new body into existence through the Force and the time it took is why he wasn't a part of Palpatine's ascension or reign. Also explain why he's disfigured, as either the process wasn't completed or that is the best he could achieve as a proponent of the dark side.

what's interesting is the fact that his journal on creating life is supposed to be in the hands of Luke Skywalker now. I'm interested if that will play out in the next 2 films and had almost hoped to see a reference to it by Luke having regrown/regenerated his lost right hand rather than keeping the cybernetic one. That, I think, would help your argument as well.

it would certainly be an interesting plot twist and a style more common to the EU (can't bring myself to call them Legends yet) books than the films.

Extremis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 19

User Lists: 55

You and everyone else. Many of the same people were saying Luke was Kylo Ren -.-

Anyway, I doubt it.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Plagueis is the only known Sith that Snoke could be. He could be a completely new character, but if we have heard about Snoke under a different name before, it will certainly be Plagueis.

Avatar image for deactivated-59c716930b8a6
deactivated-59c716930b8a6

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wouldn't mind if Snoke was Plagueis. In fact, I think it'd be cool.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prophetvivec36: it was when he raided the old Coruscant temple following the Emperor's defeat I think. Its not part of EU/Legends canon but the prelude to Force Awakens comics that recently came out.

Kundelar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltbrd said:

an interesting theory. Snoke does have Muun features, even with all the scarring, and his reported height of 7 feet would fit with the species. Kylo also refers to him as wise, and Plagueis was known as Plagueis the Wise. The expanded stories of Plagueis did mention how he could survive through the Force after death and perhaps they'll use him as a nod to the EU canon of Palpatine inhabiting a cloned body, where instead Plagueis willed a new body into existence through the Force and the time it took is why he wasn't a part of Palpatine's ascension or reign. Also explain why he's disfigured, as either the process wasn't completed or that is the best he could achieve as a proponent of the dark side.

what's interesting is the fact that his journal on creating life is supposed to be in the hands of Luke Skywalker now. I'm interested if that will play out in the next 2 films and had almost hoped to see a reference to it by Luke having regrown/regenerated his lost right hand rather than keeping the cybernetic one. That, I think, would help your argument as well.

it would certainly be an interesting plot twist and a style more common to the EU (can't bring myself to call them Legends yet) books than the films.

Hmm actually yea, I didn't pick out the clear emphasis on Kylo Ren saying he was "wise", and even added a pause with it. I also wouldn't be surprised if he was Plagueis because we hear about how he found the secret to immortality. I believe JJ is more likely to develop someone already referenced in a previous film rather than make a new bad guy. A new darkside user who wasn't Sith probably wouldn't be so powerful like Snoke is, so I think he is absolutely Plagueis considering a darkside fanboy would make a lot less sense then an ancient and powerful Sith Lord.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bannyhaha: the only aspect of Snoke that may not make him Plagueis is the recklessness of the First Order. In the tie-in books to Episodes 1-3 it was made clear that Plagueis emphasized patience and exacting detail in everything he and Palpatine needed to do to accomplish the Sith plan. That doesn't seem to be the case with the First Order. So either Plagueis has decided to be a bit more reckless with his planning after Palpatine already set-up the galaxy in a lot of ways or its not him.

One thing that's disappointed me from the films, even in Episode 7, is the lack of concept that the Emperor kept any other Force users around other than Vader. Now that Star Wars: Rebels is established as canon we know that isn't the case so Snoke could be a brand new character meant to highlight the other Force users Palpatine trained in order to keep the Force under Sith control. This is what I'm hopeful of when it comes to the Knights of Ren, as Snoke would have consolidated those remaining apprentices under a new banner and maybe Ren is the planet they were trained on during and after Palpatine's reign. The fact that only Kylo is seen with a lightsaber in Rey's vision of the massacre (of Luke's apprentices I'm assuming) isn't that odd as that may have been one piece of knowledge Palpatine didn't want them to have as the lightsabers were tied directly to Jedi and Sith in the minds of the galaxy and these Force users were technically neither, so they'd be more inclined to Mandalorian and/or Echani weaponry and training in additional to using the Force.

At least that would make for cool Force user battles in Episodes 8 or 9 that we've gotten used to from Episodes 1-3, Clone Wars, and Rebels.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

You know Snoke was on a hologram, so what if he's actually really short.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He's not Plageuis. They aren't even the same race and look nothing alike.

You know Snoke was on a hologram, so what if he's actually really short.

It's an enlarged hologram. I doubt he's that large.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthaznable: Snoke's race hasn't been given and his features do resemble, though I agree don't perfectly match, a Munn. He is disfigured however so that could play into it. Either way its a nice theory to play around with for a year till Episode 8.

@darthsenju: the Data Book for Force Awakens gave his real height to be 7 feet.

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltbrd: He must of done an essence transfer upon death or something but I doubt it's him. It'd be cool but at the same time I don't want it to be.

Avatar image for deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b
deactivated-5ac4e862bd47b

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ltbrd: which databook was it?

Avatar image for mr_onomatopoeia
Mr_Onomatopoeia

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Technically, since the EU is no longer canon, Plagueis' race is now unspecified. He could look like whatever the new designers want him to.

I actually prefer this look for him.

No Caption Provided

DarthAznable

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By DarthAznable

@mr_onomatopoeia said:
@darthaznable said:

Technically, since the EU is no longer canon, Plagueis' race is now unspecified. He could look like whatever the new designers want him to.

I actually prefer this look for him.

No Caption Provided

True. I mean it's possible. In the book Palpatine made sure he was dead though and he has no reason to change his name. Only Palpatine knew of him.

Avatar image for darkdetective27
darkdetective27

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 69

User Lists: 10

So if you're wrong does that mean you give us all $10?

Avatar image for deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8
deactivated-57b54fc9eb0d8

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

That be cool if it was Plagueis. Seems likely imo.

But who knows.

DoctorXander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 4

It would be a cool way to tie the prequels to the new films, but I think it's pretty unlikely