Star-Lord Respect Thread

Avatar image for oy_the_billy_bumbler
Oy_the_Billy_Bumbler

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 0

He's the leader of the Guardians, savior of the stars, his girlfriend is a space ship, and he still doesn't have a respect thread??? Time to change that.

I'm just getting started, I have hundreds of scans I'm organizing, and am going to start collecting them here every chance I get. It will take me a while to get this up to date (like some of my other respect threads still), so be patient and check back often. I've been wanting to do this one for a long time now and I think it will be one of the better one's I've done when it's finalized.

Star-Lord

No Caption Provided

Marvel Now and Brian Michael Bendis threw a big wrench in a lot of Star-Lord's origins, and anyone who has been a big fan of classic cosmic Marvel is more then a little upset, lol. Marvel came up with a pretty lazy explanation that basically said anything that doesn't work with modern continuity, was part of an alternate universe Star-Lord. So all of his feats are still real, but some minor details have been changed. For example, he received the element gun from his father instead of the Master of the Sun, but he did meet the Master of the Sun and received the rest of his powers from them. Also, the term Star-Lord refers to him being heir to the Spartoi empire, instead of the title given him because he is powered by a star, has a ship that's a star, and is savior of the stars. Anyways, take a lot of his back-story with a grain of salt, and if you see things in this thread that doesn't make sense, just go with it. lol. A big thing I know that will be confusing, is that Star-Lord has regained his former powers in Marvel Now, but has not demonstrated that he can fly, Ship does not talk to him, and and he doesn't take advantage of any of his other super powers. Whether this is because he is keeping it a secret from the rest of the universe, or it is more laziness on Marvel's part to give us a decent answer is still unexplained. Hopefully this will be remedied when his return from the Cancerverse is explained, where he is re-united with Ship. Sorry for the wordy introduction, but I think a lot of people who are just getting into the Guardians and haven't had the pleasure of reading his classics would be very confused without this.

• Brief history of Star-Lord

Physicals

Star-Lord has super-human physicals, but this section is dedicated to Peter Quill during time of him not having any powers and is considered peak human.

• Peter Quill was the top athlete at Nasa even before gaining his Star-Lord powers.
  • His body could withstand more then any other recruit.
  • He even uses his athleticism to save a fellow recruit.
  • Peter-Quill is able to shoot his way through several guards
  • He has a few one-shot KO's on guards as well.

Intelligence / Strategist

Star-Lord is one of the top minds of the Marvel Universe. He is also a genius strategist.

• Star-Lord was the top student to ever graduate from Nasa and become an astronaut.

Combat

Star-Lord, with or without powers, is a very deadly combatant with a laser gun, his Element Gun, Kree Sub-Machine gun, swords, hand to hand, and basically anything he gets his hands on. He has the powers to completely understand any technology the second he touches it, so he can master any weapon by simply touching it.

• Peter Quill was already deadly with a laser gun even before he became Star-Lord. Here he shoots down and KO's several guards blocking his way to a space ship. He was a bit unbalanced in his classic days.
  • Using the power of fire to blow away an Ariguan War Ship
  • Using the power of air to blow hurricane level winds that kill the Aruiguans.
  • He's able to doge the ships laser blasts while returning fire of his own.
  • Hand to hand combat against enemies wearing power armor.
No Caption Provided
  • Takes out Melyan constructs that are advanced half robot and half human warriors.
  • Kills a giant kraken with a harpoon. This was a psychic hallucination, but the effects they were feeling were real.

Element Gun

• The element gun is capable of firing and manipulating fire, water, earth, and air.
  • It's power is only limited to Star-Lords will power and flows from his body and out of his gun at the speed of thought.
  • The element gun is completely indestructible.
  • The element gun can not be used by anyone but Star-Lord.
  • Using the power of fire to blow away an Ariguan War Ship
  • Using the power of air to blow hurricane level winds that kill the Aruiguans.
  • Using fire to melt through a door, then seal it from the other side.
  • Star-Lord talks about his fear of the weapon, as it has no-limits to it's power outside of Star-Lords control of it. If he is not careful, he could use it at extreme levels.
No Caption Provided
  • Melts through Meylan Construct Robots that are half machine and half human. They are highly advanced, but Star-Lord's element gun is strong enough to melt through them instantly.
No Caption Provided
  • His element gun can be used as a light source.
No Caption Provided
  • The element gun easily destroys a telempathic crystal.

Super Powers

Star-Lord has a wide list of Super Powers during his classic issues and the current Marvel Now issues.

No Caption Provided
  • Like all the power grid's and character bio's Marvel does, this is way off. lol. You can get a good idea of some of his powers that a majority of people are unaware of though. He possesses all of the powers now, and doesn't use them for some reason.
No Caption Provided
  • Peter Quill meets the Master of the Sun. He was chosen to become the new Star-Lord and is granted Super Powers because of it.
  • Star-Lord is granted his suit and helmet from the Master of the Sun

Flight

Star-Lord is capable of Faster then Light speeds while flying.

No Caption Provided
  • Star-Lord is capable of very high speed flight.
  • Easily avoiding and flying faster then this Ariguan War Ship

No Caption Provided
  • Uses his super speed flight to easily catch Kip and Sandy from falling to their death.

Durability

His superhuman durability is coupled with his suit, which is much more durable then steel.

No Caption Provided
  • Star-Lord's powers grant him the ability to survive in the cold vacuum of space, without a space suit or oxygen.
No Caption Provided
  • The vacuum of space rips through the hull of the slave-ship, but is unable to damage Star-Lord at all.
  • Star-Lord is constricted by a giant Kraken, but takes no damage.

Enhanced Physicals

Star-Lord is granted super human physicals because of his powers.

• Scan 1 shows that these enemies are wearing power armor that makes them very tough to put down
  • Scan 2 shows Star-Lord easily punching his way through the side of the space ship.
  • Scan 3 shows Star-Lords super speed and strength as he takes out all of his enemies in rapid succession.
No Caption Provided
  • Easily dances around these advanced Meylan Construct Robots that are both man and machine and dangerous warriors.
  • Star-Lord is able to hold his breath and muscle his way to the Kraken while being constricted and take it out with a harpoon.

Healing Factor

No Caption Provided
  • Star-Lord shares any damage Ship takes, but quickly heals to take out the self-repairing robots.

Master of all things Mechanical

Star-Lord has 100% mastery and understanding of any machines or technology by simply touching them.

No Caption Provided
  • Star-Lord has schematics of a Slave-Ship downloaded to him from Ship.
  • Star-Lord uses his mastery of the ships designs to set detonations that cause the vacuum of space to rip through the ship's hull without killing anyone in the process.
No Caption Provided
  • Places his own defensive satellites to defend an entire planet.
No Caption Provided
  • By touching the alien computer, he instantly knows everything that is contained within it while also using his master of language ability.

Psychic Defense

• Star-Lord is highly resistant to psychic attacks and is able to fight his way through them.

Master of Languages

No Caption Provided
  • Star-Lord uses both his Master over all thing mechanical and Mastery of languages to touch a computer in alien languages and know everything contained with in it in an instant.

Ship

No Caption Provided

Ship is a former Star that gained consciousness when it was forced into going SuperNova early on it's life. The Master of the Sun gave Ship the power to take on the form of a space ship to accompany Star-Lord. Ship is a living being, and is extremely powerful. Ship shares a psychic connection with Star-Lord that let them feel each other's thoughts, emotions, pains, and any other feelings. Ship and Star-Lord have even been in a romantic relationship at times. lol. Ship can take on the shape of a woman at will.

• Ship is so advanced that she can change her image to appear that she is an image of Star-Lord.
  • This image is so thorough, that even the scanning tech reads that she is a human.
  • Ship then changes shape and displays her fire extreme levels of firepower with surgical precision.
  • Her scanning abilities are able to predict the safest points of entry for Star-Lord
No Caption Provided
  • Ship downloads schematics to Star-Lord that show him how to use detonations to cause the vacuum of space to rip the hull off of this slave ship without killing anyone in the process.
  • Ship has several widgets that can perform a variety of tasks. Here they scan the entire slave ship and the people on it and was able to tell that only one person knew the location they were seeking.
No Caption Provided
  • Ship can do bio-scans to detect the abilities of other beings.
  • Here she finds out that Kip is a telepath
  • Ship is able to boost and track Ki['s psychic abilities to track down the slavers.
  • She is able to do a scan of the psychic images to get an exact coordinate to travel to.
No Caption Provided
  • Ship travels to Cinnibar, and is completely invisible to the planets tracking technology and is also able to maneuver past all of their defenses.
  • Ship's widget is able to do a bio-scan to know that most of the people in this location are asleep.
  • Ship's widget is able to do a scan to easily guide Starlord to the computer center.

This is far from complete, keep checking back as I will continue to update it.

Catsnlynne

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

I respect him.

Avatar image for jonny_anonymous
Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 32

ComicStooge

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By ComicStooge

Sick!

phil-curtis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By phil-curtis
No Caption Provided

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 15

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By daredevil21134

@jonny_anonymous: So I guess Kitty Pryde will be his first popular one if that turns into one

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonny_anonymous said:

@daredevil21134: Normally he's a one night stand type of dude

How close are him and Richard Rider

Very close. I would say there relationship is similar to Iron Man and Captain America or Batman and Superman. During Annihilation Nova was the leader of the United Front, commanding pretty much the entire universes combined forces that included the Kree, Skrulls, Guardians and all former Heralds of Galactus. He was the leader on the ground commanding the forces but Star Lord was the brains behind it all being the strategist.

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Very close. I would say there relationship is similar to Iron Man and Captain America or Batman and Superman. During Annihilation Nova was the leader of the United Front, commanding pretty much the entire universes combined forces that included the Kree, Skrulls, Guardians and all former Heralds of Galactus. He was the leader on the ground commanding the forces but Star Lord was the brains behind it all being the strategist.

Man,I think i'm gonna start reading about the cosmic universe

Jonny_Anonymous

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Jonny_Anonymous

@jonny_anonymous said:

@daredevil21134 said:

@jonny_anonymous said:

Man,I think i'm gonna start reading about the cosmic universe

Well you've got my guide to the Marvel Cosmic now :)

daredevil21134

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

patrat18

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Who stole the color?

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Yay, I have a respect thread!

Winter_Kills

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Winter_Kills
Avatar image for transformers1024
Transformers1024

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

@phil-curtis: Day-um!! That's a badass tattoo!

Avatar image for deactivated-5c901e667a76c
deactivated-5c901e667a76c

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PYH000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers