Will this be the week you stop reading Superior Spider-man?

• 167 results
TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@tdk_1997 said:

@vance_astro said:

@tdk_1997 said:

For me actually OMD wasn't that bad.It did ruin a history kinda but it just wasn't that bad as the current state of the character.Slott created Alpha,most of the cool villains have been frozen and he kept using only Doc Ock,so he can bring this story to us.

I hated OMD but that retcon needed to happen, one way or another. Most arcs that followed it were really good.

I mean for such a big and bold decision to be made for the character and such a story was crucial and it had to happen one way or another.And that's why I didn't hate it that much as all other Spider-Man fans.

I hope OMD hasn't doomed Peter's relationships forever though. I mean, will he ever have a long-term girlfriend, or even a wife? It seems like Dan Slott has been postponing any major developments, in fear of being put in the position to write a new Peter/MJ romance. There's been several moments between the two since Dan Slott started writing, but after MJ realizes Doc Ock has been in Peter's body (once Peter has returned) I'm sure she'll stay away from him for a while.

Currently he will never have a girlfriend,a wife or even a real life friend cause is SSM #9 we saw his consciousness die.

gotwillpower

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

@tdk_1997: I know, right? The return of Peter better have a great explanation, or I'll be disappointed.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

@gotwillpower: I won't be amazed if the explanation is stupid and Dan Slott becomes even more hated.

nonvtec

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

#154  Edited By nonvtec

I'm not sure why they think controversy means something is good. I am finished with this mess until someone gets their head out of their rear ends and fixes it and hopefully fixes it right and not another one more day crap with another deal with the devil. And since when did Doc Ock become Peter's greatest enemy? I thought Norman held that spot pretty firmly, but then again Ock thought he was smarter than all the big brains in the marvel universe and always got shown up. I hated how Slott made Peter come off whiny and selfish in this issue just to help justify letting Otto stay spider-man. I guess that's enough whiny for me haha and more than enough of SpOck.

doffdoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I read the first three issues and they were really bad so I quit. Who they hell wants to read a spider-man comic that doesn't even have spider-man in the damn thing.

It's horribly written and having Ock as Spider-man is just pathetic way to grab attention. All Slott does is try to create controversy and hope it sells the badly written comic.

I read this in store, didn't buy it, and I would like to say it made me mad but it didn't..I was just embarassed that Marvel let this one come out.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 31

@doffdoff: You know, as much as I loathe this book, you really can't call it badly written. I read the first issue since it was free, and I honestly thought it was pretty decent.

Tacos_Kickass

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the rage from the fanboys makes me like Superior Spider-Man even more. Face it hes a more bad ass version of Spider-Man.

doffdoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@akbogert: I have no personal feelings about the writer but I honestly did feel it was pretty badly written. The book just seemed to try to hard and fail. And from what I read afterwards, the inclusion of ghost Peter, the books only saving grace at all was something Slott didn't want

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#159  Edited By akbogert

@doffdoff: ...and is now rid of.

Like I said, premise/plot-wise, I have plenty of objections. But I just thought from an objective writing standpoint, it was entertaining.

Like, if someone handed me a pile of free issues, I would probably be willing to read them and not consider my time utterly wasted.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

doffdoff

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Being a villain pretending to be a hero isn't bad ass its a lame comic book version of freaky friday.

TheCowman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Man, I'm not sure what's more entertaining; the Superior story-arc or the prolonged reaction to it.

I don't think OMD got this much drawn out hatred, and that whole arc was nothing but Peter being a moron and making a deal with the freaking devil.

I'm excited to see how Pete will return, but I'll almost be sorry to see it end. The RAGE is just so frickin' great.

dscythe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

no way, loving this book so far and i cant wait to see the aftermath of pete being "gone"

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the rage from the fanboys makes me like Superior Spider-Man even more. Face it hes a more bad ass version of Spider-Man.

He's lame douchebag that treats his friends like trash

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@thecowman: Well, to be fair, as has been pointed out in another thread, OMD cost Amazing Spider-Man almost 40% of its readership. Permanently. I'd call that a more drawn-out hatred than a bunch of people complaining on a message board :P

jcolesamuels

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: while you are correct about somethings there are some things slott has written that i liked. like his stint in grim hunt, the fact that he gave peter a job where he could use his brain and not just for stories was a great change of pace. cause we all knew peter was a genius, we all knew this when stan gave him the smarts enough to make his own web shooters instead of just making it organic like the first 3 movies did. don't get me wrong i like the idea of organic webs it just displays peters brilliance for him to create it on his own. I've always wondered why he wasn't one earlier. oh sure i saw him try to be one but ultimately he had to either give up said position or he got fired i think. the point i'm making is that taking a new direction isn't bad. but doing this with peter isn't honorable its just degrading. i mean there had to be other ways to work this through other ways to make a different spider man. cause thats what this is. having a different spider-man with the same face. its no different than changing him black. i mean this is what i've seen growing up. artist getting tired of drawing peter doing what he does best and wanting to draw someone else doing the same thing. because literally thats all this is.

Opunaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@doffdoff:

@doffdoff said:

@w0nd: Being a villain pretending to be a hero isn't bad ass its a lame comic book version of freaky friday.

Sorry for the late comment, but so much this. How many times has this cliche been done? It's not 'clever' or 'edgy' writing, it's best usage was during Kraven's Last Hunt (when, hilariously enough, Kraven called himself the "superior" Spider-Man after Peter dug himself out of a grave).

iMind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#168  Edited By iMind

Honestly at it's core it's very Peter Parker-esque.. So often we see Spider-Man doing something altruistic and ultimately a little self-defeating. How many times has he had the chance to put away or kill villains? How much of his life is in shambles because he didn't do just that? From the first issue of Spider-Man (for those that are willing to remember or go back and re-read) Doc Ok has been his most true nemesis... to suffer the defeat he has at this point in the series I think is right in line with the spirit of the character. As for those that think his closest friends should know; really? He's constantly leaving things unexplained or worse it's not unusual that those closest to him wouldn't really have any clue what's going on.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@imind said:

Honestly at it's core it's very Peter Parker-esque.. So often we see Spider-Man doing something altruistic and ultimately a little self-defeating. How many times has he had the chance to put away or kill villains? How much of his life is in shambles because he didn't do just that? From the first issue of Spider-Man (for those that are willing to remember or go back and re-read) Doc Ok has been his most true nemesis... to suffer the defeat he has at this point in the series I think is right in line with the spirit of the character. As for those that think his closest friends should know; really? He's constantly leaving things unexplained or worse it's not unusual that those closest to him wouldn't really have any clue what's going on.

I like seeing why otto hates him so much, all those bullies mocking him , being stronger than him and ruining his science experiments contained in one body