• 166 results
#51 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: I think I hate Slott now. With a vehement passion. I've just heard what's in issue 9 and it's disgusting. It physically disgusted me. If I were to give in to my murderous urges, Slott would be on the list of people I'd go after now. Ugh this makes me mad!

#52 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: Well it's not perfect but at least that scenario would have Peter back in his body :P

#53 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: It is disgusting. Exactly the right word.

Good on you for getting mad, mate. Everyone is too scared of getting p*ssed off these days. You don't like something? Best you bury that criticism in case you hurt someone's feelings or a writer doesn't want to give CV an interview.

#54 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

No they don't.

Hating Slott is fine, but that's just not true. Unless you're just exaggerating for effect, I guess.

The only villain that's really stayed dead so far is Rhino (which was really more Joe Kelly's fault than Slott's.) Everyone else has come back in some form or another. Electro re-entered Earth-space, The Queen was reborn as a series of clone-bodyguards for The Jackal, etc...

#55 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: You must be having a positive influence on me. I can only imagine what the CV reviewers will give it. If I recall, G-Man does the even numbered reviews and Mat does the odd numbered reviews. Mat's more critical than Tony so it won't get 4 or 5 stars I hope.

#56 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

No they don't.

Hating Slott is fine, but that's just not true. Unless you're just exaggerating for effect, I guess.

The only villain that's really stayed dead so far is Rhino (which was really more Joe Kelly's fault than Slott's.) Everyone else has come back in some form or another. Electro re-entered Earth-space, The Queen was reborn as a series of clone-bodyguards for The Jackal, etc...

Doesn't really count as coming back to life when you turn into a giant spider, then die, and then are brought back as clones, mate :P

I didn't know about Electro though. I'm sure there was someone else who died completely pointlessly.

Silver Sable, though she wasn't a villain, of course.

#57 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: If that's the case then it'll be a "special one-off" where G-Man reviews and it gets 5 stars :P

#58 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Okay, fair enough. :P

The Electro thing happened in Avenging, but it still counts.

Sable was stated to not be dead by Madame Web, during the Lizard arc before 700 I believe.

#59 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Well at least people might actually call Marvel on their s*** what with this travesty Slott has performed. I'd only just started reading Spider-Man for over a year and then this train wreck happens. It'll take a while for the Spider-Man mythos to heal from this.

#60 Edited by WaveMotionCannon (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

I love SSM, main reason I'm reading Spidey at all. Great twist on one of my favorite heroes.

#61 Posted by animehunter (1980 posts) - - Show Bio
#62 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Spider-Man may never heal, to be honest. Not without an ENORMOUS reboot. Pete is gone. Not just as of this issue, but as of 700. Doc Ock absorbed Pete's memories, his feelings, his experiences, his consciousness, his soul, etc... Ock BECAME Pete. And since Pete is dead physically, he is completely gone. Unlike when other characters die and their souls stay with them, there's nothing Pete has that Ock has not taken. Peter as a character is now nothing but backstory for Doc Ock. It's horrendous, and I honestly don't see how Marvel can possibly rectify this. The worst part of all of it is that it's just an egotrip by Slott to make himself Spidey.

#63 Posted by CptPanda29 (211 posts) - - Show Bio

I stopped at ASM 700. Didn't like it, not going to buy it.

They say vote with your money but f*ck all difference that's made.

#64 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Well that'll be rectified soon. Mate Thor, Captain America and Johnny Storm to name a few have bitten the dust only to return within a few years to prominence. If they do that to those guys, their flagship character is guaranteed a return, I can promise you that. I agree with what you've said but Marvel won't keep him dead for long. A year at most then coincide Peter's return with The Amazing Spider-Man 2.

#65 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

: That's the thing though, when Pete comes back (and he will), it doesn't matter. Everything that made Peter unique has been assimilated by Ock. There's no Peter any more, it's just run off from Ock.

#66 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: So your problem is that Ock now has everything that made Peter unique?

#67 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Well that's the thing I find most unforgivable. Obviously the total desecration of Peter's character is a disgrace, and the storyline itself could have been written by a 6 year old, but the fact that Peter Parker has been completely raped is what infuriates me most.

#68 Edited by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Look at what Slott's Twitter AV and background is. How can this man be allowed to write Spider-Man?

#69 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Have you seen the things he says to people who dislike his work? He just rants at them abusively.

#70 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Clearly I don't follow him but I have a look at his profile every now and then. The rubbish he spouts is disgraceful.

#71 Edited by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Most big names at Marvel are like that. Brevoort and Hickman regularly dismiss and insult people on formspring, Remender told people who didn't like the speech Havok made in Uncanny Avengers to "drown in hobo piss". A bunch of egotistical children in charge of characters who mean more than they ever could. Genuinely saddening.

#72 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@fadetoblackbolt: Look at what Slott's Twitter AV and background is. How can this man be allowed to write Spider-Man?

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuu

#73 Posted by joshmightbe (24885 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm seriously considering just quitting reading comics all together, its not something I'd want to do but frankly the comic companies just don't care about my generation of fans so I really can't see that much of a point in me actually caring about them anymore.

#74 Edited by Arkhamc1tizen (2145 posts) - - Show Bio

No

#75 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: (Sigh) And to think I read 3 of Marvel's comics. You'll have to forgive me for not getting rid of Indestructible Hulk since I can guarantee you that Waid is doing a fantastic job there but I need to do some thinking over the books I read.

#76 Posted by FadeToBlackBolt (23334 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: Nah, that's fine. I fully intend to pick up Indestructible Hulk once it's out in trade. The one Marvel comic that genuinely interests me. I love Waid's DC work and his Fantastic Four is really great so I want to read his Hulk. Plus Acidskull talks about it like it's the greatest thing ever :P

#77 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt: Just be glad he never gets onto the topic of Pak and the Hulk. He won't be able to contain his excitement :P

#78 Posted by laflux (16013 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuu

Dan Slott has won the internet.

#79 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@fadetoblackbolt:@lvenger: you two will have to forgive me for that, thats what happens when a hulk fanboy gets good reading material for his favorite character XD

#80 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull: Hey I've done the same with Morrison's and Kelly's run on Superman. We're all like that on our favourite characters :P

#81 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@theacidskull: Hey I've done the same with Morrison's and Kelly's run on Superman. We're all like that on our favourite characters :P

WAID SMASH! MUAHAHAHAHAHAH!

#82 Posted by PunyParker (11129 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Kelly? What was wrong with Kelly?....

#83 Posted by PunyParker (11129 posts) - - Show Bio

@innervenom123: He said Eddie will be back in the Spider-Man book.I dont keep up with Venom related news,but i am with the Spider-Man ones....it happened to be one of them.

#84 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

Kelly? What was wrong with Kelly?....

Heh you misunderstand. Nothing was wrong with Kelly. He's my second favourite writer after Morrison and I love his Superman run. Particularly What's So Funny About Truth, Justice and the American Way.

#85 Edited by PunyParker (11129 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: I just love when humor is involved in a conversation!

#86 Posted by Lvenger (20039 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Sorry, internet sarcasm doesn't translate well :P

#87 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio
#88 Edited by PunyParker (11129 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

@punyparker: Sorry, internet sarcasm doesn't translate well :P

I got it,that's why i responded like that!
Does that make me a better person?....probably not.

#89 Posted by TDK_1997 (14896 posts) - - Show Bio

I really hate what has Slott done to both characters that are Peter and Otto and there is a possible way for me to dump the book if Slott really gets rid off Peter.I will really hate it and I will just never read a book from him again.

#90 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger said:

How can this man be allowed to write Spider-Man?

Because he's good at it.

Moderator Online
#91 Posted by InnerVenom123 (29501 posts) - - Show Bio
#92 Posted by VeganDiet (1071 posts) - - Show Bio

Yes. This is indeed the week I stop reading Superior Spider-man. I'm sick of this Ock Wankfest. Sick of Pete being portrayed as an incompetent hero. Sick of Mary Jane being borderline brain dead. The previous issues were okay, but this is just pure garbage. Slott has turned Pete into a pathetic, whiny, and altogether useless character. I understand the desire to do something new, but turning Spider-man, one of the most morally upstanding, powerful, strong willed characters in all of Marvel, into this pathetic waste is just pure awful. I'm done with Spider-man until this trash story is over.

#93 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

I really hate what has Slott done to both characters that are Peter and Otto and there is a possible way for me to dump the book if Slott really gets rid off Peter.I will really hate it and I will just never read a book from him again.

Slott CAN'T get rid of Peter. Marvel wouldn't even ill of Cap, you think there are going to leave their most popular character ever dead? Especially with a new movie coming soon?

Moderator Online
#94 Edited by Xwraith (18341 posts) - - Show Bio

I want the Dan Slott who wrote Great Lakes Avengers back.

#95 Edited by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@tdk_1997 said:

Slott CAN'T get rid of Peter. Marvel wouldn't even ill of Cap, you think there are going to leave their most popular character ever dead? Especially with a new movie coming soon?

it's the terrible characterization that bothers us, not what had taken place.

#96 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

I understand i'm just saying I think Slott had every intention of bring Peter back when he killed him off.

Moderator Online
#97 Posted by TheAcidSkull (18032 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

I understand i'm just saying I think Slott had every intention of bring Peter back when he killed him off.

I know, but thats hardly the problem with superior though :P

#98 Posted by spideyfan69 (170 posts) - - Show Bio

@lvenger: can you pm the spoilers of ssm # 9

#99 Posted by TheCheeseStabber (8112 posts) - - Show Bio

Will someone please PM spoilers I'm spending all my cash for the week to see an early premiere of IR3

PWEASE!!!!!!

#100 Posted by Vance Astro (91238 posts) - - Show Bio

@theacidskull said:

I know, but thats hardly the problem with superior though :P

I wasn't saying that. Lvenger said he would dump the book if Slott really killed Peter..but I don't think that's a possibility. I personally don't think there is anything wrong with superior but that's just me.

Moderator Online