Why won't Marvel evolve him?

• 70 results
redwingx

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hes still the same nerd who can't get a gf or fix his life. His stories have became so stale.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

Apparently we've been reading different Spider-man comics....or you've never read one.

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Because Slott is writing him.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Man is really nothing like that anymore.

Beata

Avatar image for eduardo_mesquita92
eduardo_mesquita92

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously...What the hell happened to spiderman? These stories used to be pretty good before the whole superior thing.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@redwingx: are from an alternate dimension or something? spiderman has had many girlfriends, people complains a lot about it, but the true is he has never have a problem with girls, also his life it's not easy, some times even harsh, but that's what make him interesthing

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

#7  Edited By Joygirl

Because he isn't a pokemon.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Zarius

Marvel did evolve him, he's been a husband and a father in several canons, if you really believe in those stories, they are just as valid as any 616 canon story.

The MC2 Peter and Daily Strip Peters are great examples of an evolved and settled Peter Parker.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Why do the writers have to turn Spider-man into a cocky douche bag? Why can't they just make him a sincere and full-fledged superhero? Spider-man doesn't need to be an anti-hero.

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I like spiderman.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: he is not an antihero, if you think he is one you clearly don't know what an antihero is, I'll give you an example: deadpol

primebonnick

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he is a CEO now and has a doctorate, but i think they should evolve his powers now.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso: Is TASM's Spider-man even like the Spider-man in the comics? Cause if he is, then he must be an unlikable douche bag and bully to everyone.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cuz marvel staff is retarded.

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

#15  Edited By MadeinBangladesh

Because Marvel want young people to keep buying Spiderman comics who can relate I guess. That's Peter's identity.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

He was evolving then Joe f**king Quesada decided he wanted all that to get flushed so they did OMD.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

Because Marvel want young people to keep buying Spiderman comics who can relate I guess. That's Peter's identity.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

I'd say he's evolves just a little bit. He's an Avenger,a doctor, a corporate CEO. Girls freaking throw themselves at him.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Spider-Man is not a pokemon.

edit: GREAT F*CKING MINDS INTERNET HIGH FIVE TO THE MAX (I swear i didn't even read your comment before posting initially)

@joygirl said:

Because he isn't a pokemon.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By consolemaster001

Because evolution is a lie.

(Dude seriously you need to get out more)

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 140

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe said:

He was evolving then Joe f**king Quesada decided he wanted all that to get flushed so they did OMD.

No Caption Provided

Also i think you mean why Marvel take away all his character development.

Evolution means another thing.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

@deathpoolthet1000: Well technically he lost his "Other" powers after OMD so technically Joe also f**ked up actual character evolution there.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Well technically he lost his "Other" powers after OMD so technically Joe also f**ked up actual character evolution there.

Unmutated him maybe.

But no unevolved.

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He was evolved/grown up, and Joe Q said, "Man, mature Spidey is boring, REBOOT!"

Billy Batson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 11

Because corporate owned characters stay mostly in status quo.

BB

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The late 60's to early 70's, saw Spider-Man progress into a mature character and he had been right up until recent years, when the rot of infantile regression at Marvel began to rear it's ugly head.

ASM has been off my pull list since the deplorable #700 and even then quality mature stories prior to SpOck were far and few between.

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#28 god_spawn  Moderator

@ascended said:

@angelalfonso: Is TASM's Spider-man even like the Spider-man in the comics? Cause if he is, then he must be an unlikable douche bag and bully to everyone.

How about you actually read the comics to find out instead of complaining about TASM and Andrew Garfield's take on Peter Parker every chance you can get?

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By SilverPool

@joshmightbe: True that!

The most interesting thing to happen to Spidey (imo): his identity getting revealed and Auny May finally getting out of the picture. It could usher in a new era for Spidey... THEN U DONE FU*KED IT UP JOE QUESADILLA!

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

How about you actually read the comics to find out instead of complaining about TASM and Andrew Garfield's take on Peter Parker every chance you can get?

How can come one hate Andrew Garfield, the guy is funny like Spider Man funny, people has to remember, Spiderman is pretty much a douchebag with his villains and criminals.

Beside he doesnt like Beyonce.

That guy is my hero.

He is a better Timbarlake that Timberlake

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Ascended
@deathpoolthet1000 said:

@god_spawn said:

@ascended said:

How can come one hate Andrew Garfield, the guy is funny like Spider Man funny, people has to remember, Spiderman is pretty much a douchebag with his villains and criminals.

Beside he doesnt like Beyonce.

That guy is my hero.

Do you have to be portrayed as a douche bag to criminals? Spider-man can still be written likable against villains as long as he's following his moral obligations and doesn't come off to look like a bully, and that's something Raimi succeeded on even though he missed out the wit and humor in his Spider-man. This Peter just stands up to his enemies in a very jerk-ish way to the point where it's not even necessary, and Spider-man can hold back too and show the principles of being a hero. Both Peters had some unlikable scenes in the films, but Raimi's Peter came out to be more likable, overall.

Shooting webs at a thief's balls and pulling down someone's pants and have his underwear shown in public, and webbing a person by cutting lines in a grocery shop when he was just paying his cash and was gonna leave afterwards??!! Come on.. you can't be telling me that Spider-man is likable like that. That kind of Spider-man to me sounds like somebody who is just too overconfident and thinks he's so much better than everybody around him, and is an uncaring prick for a bunch of random people.

The new Peter has problems, he gets a ticket an easy way out of situations while the old Peter had to tank through so much physical and emotion pain throughout the series. With Great Power comes Great WEAKNESS responsibility.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: Raimi = Nostalgia, his movies werent as great as people want to remember them and they have aged, way faster that the X Men movies.

Spiderman at this point is a teen that is angry, feels guilty and overall feels fear.

All the things he does is for the same reason he acts the way he does in comics, to hide his real emotions.

Being a prick is the best way to hide this.

Raimi did Peter Parker movies, but they failed to understand Spiderman, this movies are Spiderman movies, but they fail to understand Peter Parker.

Both franchises had the same mistake.

This isnt Garfield fault, he understand what they want from him.

All the mistakes are based on the scripts, that are made by Roberto Orci and his friend, guys that dont know how to make a script.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: You know what, I really wish Sony had the lost the rights to Spider-man in the beginning. I wish Fox or Disney could've rebooted this instead. At least they know what they're doing.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: Fox knows the name of the game is called if something goes wrong get a new plan and stick to this plan.

Take to the trash, all the things that dont work and try to keep everything that works, even if you cant do your best to keep it.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: Hopefully they don't do anything stupid like bringing back Tobey Maguire for a Spidey-Spidey crossover with Andrew Garfield in a universe or putting either of their Spideys into the Avengers. Those would be awful choices for the studios to make if they ever think about either one.

Hopefully, they let Garfield and Webb finish what they're contracted for and just call it a day.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Hopefully they don't do anything stupid like bringing back Tobey Maguire for a Spidey-Spidey crossover with Andrew Garfield in a universe or putting either of their Spideys into the Avengers. Those would be awful choices for the studios to make if they ever think about either one.

Hopefully, they let Garfield and Webb finish what they're contracted for and just call it a day.

If Garfield is out that means they could reboot the damn thing again.

Also Webb and Garfield is what it make thise movie works, are the script writer the ones that screw things up, those guy are famous for making Transformers and the New Star Trek.

Orciu even got into a fan blog, because the guy said everything that was wrong with Star Trek were the script, Orci insulted the guy and never give any arguments why he was wrong.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: No if Garfield is out, there is chance that Spidey could go back to Marvel and Marvel could reboot it again on their own with a new cast and director.

Also, Garfield should not be held the same title as RDJ, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Michael Fassbender, and Hugh Jackman.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@deathpoolthet1000: No if Garfield is out, there is chance that Spidey could go back to Marvel and Marvel could reboot it again on their own with a new cast and director.

Also, Garfield should not be held the same title as RDJ, Chris Evans, Mark Ruffalo, Tom Hiddleston, Michael Fassbender, and Hugh Jackman.

So you want the company that did One New Day, Superior Spiderman, Brand New Day to get Spiderman.

That its a terrible idea, the reason why Marvel is doing so well is because Spiderman and Wolverine dont live in the same universe.

That why i was happy when a rumor hit the web that Batman and Superman were out of the JL movie, as long as the bigger guys live in the same universe the studio is going to depend on them, if they are gone, they will be forced to be original and give other guys a chance.

Also get an idea, if Marvel reboot Spiderman again, it will fail harder, since this will be the third time they reboot the character fast and people who like Raimi will hate it and people who liked Webb will hate it.

Also the rumors point Marvel doesnt have problem with Garfield, they know the Batman effect is negative since it give the image you dont give a damn.

Your comments are based mostly in the crazy idea that Garfield is the one that people has to blame for terribly badly made scripts, he is an actor not an script writer.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

So you want the company that did One New Day, Superior Spiderman, Brand New Day to get Spiderman.

That its a terrible idea, the reason why Marvel is doing so well is because Spiderman and Wolverine dont live in the same universe.

That why i was happy when a rumor hit the web that Batman and Superman were out of the JL movie, as long as the bigger guys live in the same universe the studio is going to depend on them, if they are gone, they will be forced to be original and give other guys a chance.

Also get an idea, if Marvel reboot Spiderman again, it will fail harder, since this will be the third time they reboot the character fast and people who like Raimi will hate it and people who liked Webb will hate it.

Also the rumors point Marvel doesnt have problem with Garfield, they know the Batman effect is negative since it give the image you dont give a damn.

Your comments are based mostly in the crazy idea that Garfield is the one that people has to blame for terribly badly made scripts, he is an actor not an script writer.

I disagree about the rebooting part. Marvel deserves a chance to make their own Spider-man movies since they never made their own Spider-man to begin with. Marvel has the right to make their own casts and Spider-man stories since it will be in a different universe if the character returns to its home and original studios. Recasting the actors/actresses already used in the Raimi and Webb films means they would be making themselves another Sony, which I don't think Marvel would ever do. They are smart enough to recast him with a brand, new fresh actor if they reboot it. Raimi and Webb fan boys/girls will have to get over it.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended: And, the problem will still be there, you just change of home, but the problems are still there.

Marvel deserve that right as much as any other studio.

Marvel isnt doing that well with Thor, if it wasnt for Loki his movie would had failed, they failed to make Hulk a franchise, they failed to make a female character movie.

And their villains are pretty lame.

This is called living in fantasy land, i know people lives in a world where Marvel is perfect and is never going to fail.

Marvel is trying their heart and soul to keep RDJ and Fox keep Hugh Jackman as Wolverine for more than a decade.

Recast main characters = alienate fans, Spiderman fanbase is alienated as hell, there is no point in alienate his fan base even more.

People said all the same on the X Men, then First Class and Dofp happened.

Now Fox looks stronger that ever.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Ascended

@deathpoolthet1000: Let's give it to Fox then and let them reboot Spider-man next.

I think the problem with Marvel is that they have too many characters to introduce, that's why they mess up with the most popular characters like Hulk and Thor as well.

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

@deathpoolthet1000: Let's give it to Fox then and let them reboot Spider-man next.

I think the problem with Marvel is that they have too many characters to introduce, that's why they mess up with the most popular characters like Hulk and Thor as well.

Isnt the studio, the problem is people on charge and the fact the studio didnt even notice it.

There is a giant chance that if the studio changes, they bring back the same stupid writers to make the movie or they decide to do the same.

Remember Orci is pretty much the only script writer Hollywood loves, his formula its also what they love, since his shitty movies made billions.

Fox is the example, because they cut a leg to save the body,DC, Marvel and Sony didnt want to do that.

If you are sick, the sickness goes with you at any house you go, Spiderman franchise is sick, it needs to learn they have to cut the leg.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended said:

Isnt the studio, the problem is people on charge and the fact the studio didnt even notice it.

There is a giant chance that if the studio changes, they bring back the same stupid writers to make the movie or they decide to do the same.

Remember Orci is pretty much the only script writer Hollywood loves, his formula its also what they love, since his shitty movies made billions.

Fox is the example, because they cut a leg to save the body,DC, Marvel and Sony didnt want to do that.

If you are sick, the sickness goes with you at any house you go, Spiderman franchise is sick, it needs to learn they have to cut the leg.

Orci must have been the reason why Spider-man 3 was a mess other wise we would've gotten Spider-man 4 by now right?

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ascended:Well that was the studio, but like i point Raimi did Peter Parker movies, besides they wanted to do what it was popular and was selling.

Orci is that.

Orci highlights

Star Trek movies work thanks to the cast and J.J. Abrams, even when i dont like his style, i have to say he fix Orci piles of crap

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 (screen story) / (screenplay)

Star Trek Into Darkness (written by)

Star Trek (Video Game) (writer)

Cowboys & Aliens (screenplay)

Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen (written by)

Star Trek (written by)

Transformers (screenplay) / (story)

Mission: Impossible III (written by)

The Legend of Zorro (screenplay) / (story)

The Island (screenplay)

Hollywood loves him, even when he has no original bone in his body.

Transformers are huge and Star Trek new movies made a lot of money, ven when those didnt had a plot.

Ascended

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@deathpoolthet1000: He definitely needs to remove himself from Spider-man and a couple of those. Lol

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

@ascended said:

Look what you started in the posts after this! This is what happens when you engage them God_Spawn. :p

god_spawn

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 43

User Lists: 10

#47 god_spawn  Moderator

@erik: Maybe I wanted this to happen...Lucifer was an angel, too >:).

Erik

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

#48  Edited By Erik

No Caption Provided

DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#50  Edited By kidchipotle

Aren't you the guy who made the thread about Batman being gay?

This is obviously another bait thread, troll.