who's looking forward to The Amazing Spiderman 2

cameronstear

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

If your looking forward to seeing The Amazing Spiderman 2 when it comes out comment tell me what you think

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

Loading Video...

It's confirmed they aren't having Black Cat, Elektro is a stupid villain, Andrew Garfield can't shine Tobey's shoes...So, yeah, see the vid above.

Avatar image for fadetoblackbolt
FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

User Lists: 6

Honestly, I'm not sure.

I think the four villains is a bad idea. I don't care for Jamie Foxx or Paul Giamatti. Gwen dying means it's going to be a huge downer, and we've already have quite a lot of mopy Pete. I mean, they removed MJ from the film because she made it too cheerful.

On the other hand, I love Spider-Man. I like Andrew Garfield and... that's probably it.

So I'm 50/50.

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 2

the first one sucked, so why should i be looking forward to the continuing suckage?

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 7

I didn't particulary enjoyed the first one. But i love spiderman.
I hope the script and plot is improved because i don't like the "phantom menace style" deus ex machina.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon said:

I didn't particulary enjoyed the first one. But i love spiderman.

I hope the script and plot is improved because i don't like the "phantom menace style" deus ex machina.

What did you feel was Deus Ex Machina in ASM? (And in TPM for that matter lol)

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@theacidskull: if it will turn out to be a good, not great movie, i shall post here 'i was wrong'. the first ASM copies everything (not the general story, but scene by scene, only done poorly) from the original. PLUS the lizard was a poor, uninteresting choice with convenient ties to everybody in pete's life and the most cliche villain origin ever.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: In Phantom menace, the moment they destroyed the mothership the droids went offline.
And in ASM the moment that everyone started to become lizards Spiderman puts the antidode and everyone is normal again instantly wihout any side-effects.
I don't know, it bugged a lot, same with the end of the Avengers.

FadeToBlackBolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squalleon: That wasn't really Deus Ex Machina though, they said that was the aim in each one. It wasn't just a convenient asspull. Avengers it was though. Not sure why wrecking a portal drags back what was already through it :P

A great example of deus ex machina is every ending to the first four series of the revamped Doctor Who lol

@thetimestreamer said:

@theacidskull: if it will turn out to be a good, not great movie, i shall post here 'i was wrong'. the first ASM copies everything (not the general story, but scene by scene, only done poorly) from the original. PLUS the lizard was a poor, uninteresting choice with convenient ties to everybody in pete's life and the most cliche villain origin ever.

The Lizard was lame, agreed 100%. Also tried to do a "he wasn't that bad" heel-face turn at the end ala Doc Ock.

Didn't work.

Squalleon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@fadetoblackbolt: I know they said it but it just doesn't sit well with me, it feels like poor storytelling. Excuses for getting the easy way out.

A great example of deus ex machina is every ending to the first four series of the revamped Doctor Who lol

Thank T Davies for that :-P

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

@fadetoblackbolt:

I know they said it but it just doesn't sit well with me, it feels like poor storytelling. Excuses for getting the easy way out.

@fadetoblackbolt said:

Thank T Davies for that :-P

And Moffat. He's been spamming the Deus Ex Machinas for some time.

I'm not totally sure. It looks more faithful to the source material this time around but Electro's design along with the Sinister Six lead up has me worried. They need to do a lot of work to rectify this film from its original.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

I didn't like the first one and so far things are looking pretty bad for the second one but on the other hand I love Spidey so I'm 50/50.

reignmaker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 4

Frankly, I'll be surprised if it's that good. I just can't see Emma Stone carrying this franchise like she did the last movie. Eventually people are going to realize she's the only competent one on the set.

d_bones

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

yeah my biggest problem with the first one centred on the villain. rhys ifans can be such a good actor and the script wasted him completely. As for upcoming i'm worried about the number of villains, the choice of villains (electro has always been in my opinion one of the worst spidey villains and for him to be the FOCUS and not even be the "muscle"/fighty villain backed by a "brain" villain seems worrying). Had they used him in a scarecrow manner like in batman begins I would've been more ok with it. And giamatti's talent is prob gonna be wasted being a second string rhino for half an hour. yeah i'm more than a little worried

ImagineMan16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really, really want it to be good, but I don't think that it will be.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#19  Edited By Fallschirmjager

A big hell yes, I'm excited for the movie. TASM was so much better than the original one. I just rewatched the Raimi trilogy and TASM tells the origin story way better than SM1 did. SM3 is an abomination.

Foxx is going to have to be pretty great if he wants to out-do Molina - but at least I don't have to watch Maguire and Dunst be the hero/love interest. Seriously I don't know how anyone can still stand them after watching Garfield and Stone.

Also...they need to release that trailer they showed at comic con.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

All of you are wrong listen i mean the first had to focus on petes origin which was going to be boring either way there was no way avoiding tht.. This new one is letting Marc Webb actually do what he wants this time and from the looks of it this movie will have great action films and a solid story plot. Electro was a great choice and I like the way they have rhino in the movie but as a bit of a teaser for something greater. Dnt give up hope on this movie. and plus you guys keep saying fox spidey is owned by SONY and nobody said Gwen was even dying yet... and wat do you mean andrew cant fill in tobeys shoes are you SERIOUS! tobey was awful! Trust me webb will guide this franchise and i cnt wait to see everyone who doubted this movie to join its bandwagon wen they actually SEE THE MOVIE

SandMan_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By SandMan_

No.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

No

Wolverine008

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

Hell yes.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

#24  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

I wouldn't say I'm excited but I am looking forward to it. The Amazing Spider-Man played it safe but I still dug it.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#26  Edited By PunyParker

My God,am i the 3d(?) who is accually excited for this?!

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Cr4pSnip3r

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Cr4pSnip3r

Nope.

Avatar image for ultrastarkiller
ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hated the first one, and Andrew will never be as good as Toby but Yes.I really am very excited.

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude I can't wait for TASM2.

Avatar image for deactivated-5da1bf32237f0
deactivated-5da1bf32237f0

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I thought TASM was pretty weak, and the more news I hear about TASM2, the less excited I am for it. It sounds like it's gong to be ridiculously crowded with characters, so I'm not terribly excited, but I'll definitely see it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not even a little.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Spideysense44

@ultrastarkiller:

somethin funni..bc its the truth..tobey was the goofiest stewpidst spiderman they culd ever pick the guy cldnt even cry right looked like he was constipated.yur the only person i have ever seen on comicvine say tobey is better than andrew so u can ha all u want you'll b the only one laffn

nintendork666

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By nintendork666

Any movie with Spider-man in it is guaranteed to have my ass in a seat opening weekend, especially when Emma Stone is involved.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#37  Edited By Fallschirmjager

@nintendork666 said:

Any movie with Spider-man in it is guaranteed to have my ass in a seat opening weekend, especially when Emma Stone is involved.

Spiderman is pretty awesome when you consider that fact that he alone can compete with the entire roster of Avengers when it comes to box office sales.

Spider-man 3 made 900 million dollars for crying out loud - despite the fact that it was a godawful movie and 3D wasn't inflating the box office. TASM was something like 750 mil despite the fact that everyone was (and probably still are) refusing to take off the nostalgia-colored glasses.

I can't wait for TASM2. Everything is better than the original IMO. The only thing I'm going to miss from the originals is the guy who played JJJ. That guy was so awesome :D

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: why would you say that because im shortning letters... and have you ever heard of typos... nobody said you had to type formal on here....so please be quiet

ULTRAstarkiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ultrastarkiller:

somethin funni..bc its the truth..tobey was the goofiest stewpidst spiderman they culd ever pick the guy cldnt even cry right looked like he was constipated.yur the only person i have ever seen on comicvine say tobey is better than andrew so u can ha all u want you'll b the only one laffn

hahahahahahahahahaha

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: why would you say that because im shortning letters... and have you ever heard of typos... nobody said you had to type formal on here....so please be quiet

You have poor grammar and worst spelling. It is you who should be quiet.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@farkam: why are you worried about me anyway...

the2waffles

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By the2waffles

the first movie was ok, but for the second, the villains should be blackcat, and vulture, or carnage

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@nintendork666 said:

Spiderman is pretty awesome when you consider that fact that he alone can compete with the entire roster of Avengers when it comes to box office sales.

Spider-man 3 made 900 million dollars for crying out loud - despite the fact that it was a godawful movie and 3D wasn't inflating the box office. TASM was something like 750 mil despite the fact that everyone was (and probably still are) refusing to take off the nostalgia-colored glasses.

I can't wait for TASM2. Everything is better than the original IMO. The only thing I'm going to miss from the originals is the guy who played JJJ. That guy was so awesome :D

Pretty much my opinion.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By RedLantern23

Ehh. I'm indifferent.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By spider11211

To early to tell, but then again if it ends Superior they should move the movie up a release it today.

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

To early to tell, but then again if it ends Superior they should move the movie up a release it today.

No Caption Provided

I'd be down with that.

Vaccine

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Vaccine

Looking forward to it.