Who is more intelligent Doc Ock or Spider-Man?

• 64 results
okamiCurse

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

#1  Edited By okamiCurse

I'm asking this, because in the recent issues, Ock has taken over as Spider-Man. He said he would be the 'superior' Spider-Man, however I personally believe that is rather Ludicrous. Peter has a genius level Intellect of 250, whereas Octavius' IQ has never been stated. Peter is a genius, a science Major, and before becoming a science Teacher worked as a professional scientist for a couple of years. Octavius devoted his life to science, and become one of the world's foremost experts on radiation. That may have given him a leg up on Peter, but Peter has in the past worked alongside Tony Stark, Hank Pym, and Reed Richards. This has given him a mass of experience in the realm of science that most people will never get, which is furthered by his experiences in the Super-Human community. Hank Pym even told Peter once that he believed Peter could be a great scientist IF he stopped being Spider-Man and chose to devote his life to science. I believe Peter is a genius Prodigy, but because he has devoted his life to being Spider-Man he hasn't been able to realize his true potential as a scientist. However as a hero Peter knows more then Ock will ever learn, BECAUSE he has devoted his life to being Spider-Man. Personally I think Ock has more experience as a Scientist, but if Peter devoted his life to Science he would be in the same league as Stark, Banner, Richards, and Pym, but he instead devotes his life to being a hero. What do you folks think?

To all posters, this is a genuine question, I'm not looking to start a bunch of arguments, please just answer the question based on your own understanding of the characters.

Funkypanda123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#2  Edited By Funkypanda123

No i dont agree but i do at the same time beacuse otto made it so every time spiderman puts on otto helmet he is able to acces his brain until ottos able to use his octo bot but peter knew it would damge otto so tie

warewolf577

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By warewolf577

It's likely Otto is smarter, He has a Ph.D in Nuclear Physics, where as Peter is a simple Major

Didn't he make those Spider Spy Cameras? And peter was like "Genius, I never thought of that."

I mean come on, Can Spiderman Re-Create those tentacles?

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#4  Edited By Ninjablade09

Well Peter has outsmarted Ock so many times I'd say Pete but with Dying Wish I'd would say Ock.

TrueMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#5  Edited By TrueMarvel

They are both samrt in different fields of Science. I do think, that Doc Ock is the better planner while Peter is the better adapter. Better at thinking of a plan when all else fails.

.Ajax.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#6  Edited By .Ajax.

Both are incredibly smart in their respective field. Peter thinks better on his feet and can make better split second decisions while Ock is a much better planner. That's just my .02

acer51

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By acer51

Thing is up until now it was a no brainier that Spider-man was smarter.But Slott seems to be challenging this fact.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#8  Edited By Superguy0009e

@TrueMarvel said:

They are both samrt in different fields of Science. I do think, that Doc Ock is the better planner while Peter is the better adapter. Better at thinking of a plan when all else fails.

Also, Doc has age on his side, so that is a plus.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#9  Edited By Decoy Elite

@acer51 said:

Thing is up until now it was a no brainier that Spider-man was smarter.But Slott seems to be challenging this fact.

I think Ock has for the most part proven to be the scientifically more intelligent of the two.

He's just not as smart tactically. He a genius, but certainly not as great a planner as he pretends to be.

Wonderman1

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By Wonderman1

I think Otto acts as a foil for Peter. He answers the question " what would Spider-Man be like if he was self-absorbed instead of self-effacing" or more simply "what would Spider-Man be like as a villain". I always saw them as two sides of the same coin, roughly equal in IQ. Otto definitly spent more time engaged in science but much of that was scheming and non- beneficial. To be the best villain concept possible Otto should be seen as having travelled a parallel path (though young Parker got love from his Aunt and Uncle and Otto only abuse from his father) up until they both fell into power at which point one chose service and the other conquest.

Decoy Elite

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

#11  Edited By Decoy Elite

@Wonderman1 said:

I think Otto acts as a foil for Peter. He answers the question " what would Spider-Man be like if he was self-absorbed instead of self-effacing" or more simply "what would Spider-Man be like as a villain". I always saw them as two sides of the same coin, roughly equal in IQ. Otto definitly spent more time engaged in science but much of that was scheming and non- beneficial. To be the best villain concept possible Otto should be seen as having travelled a parallel path (though young Parker got love from his Aunt and Uncle and Otto only abuse from his father) up until they both fell into power at which point one chose service and the other conquest.

Otto is a shadow of the man Peter would have become if he had never become Spider-Man and learned of power and responsibility.

So basically what I'm saying is I like your post.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#12  Edited By PaperDemon

Otto Octavious because in the 1st tobey maguire film he made a sun. I dont think Peter is that good...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#13  Edited By Strider1992

Dr Ock is probably smarter but its his laxed morals that make him far more efficient than Peter.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

#14  Edited By InnerVenom123

@PaperDemon said:

Otto Octavious because in the 1st tobey maguire film he made a sun. I dont think Peter is that good...

There are more than a few things wrong with this post and they're all hilarious.

FiMFTW

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By FiMFTW

@acer51 said:

No Caption Provided
Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ninjablade09

@PaperDemon said:

Second film. Second

RawrImADragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 25

#17  Edited By RawrImADragon

as far as i'm concerned the score is spider-man: countless wins, otto: zero. however once we finally get to the end of the whole brain swap debacle, if otto really did switch bodies, that would be impressive and give him one win over peter. still, one win over a bunch of wins doesn't necessarily make him smarter...

if not smarter, peter parker is, at the very least, more clever.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By InnerVenom123

They're both intelligent in different ways.

Otto is more efficient in his methods and scientific advancements. But his own superiority complex leaves him open to make mistakes that can be his undoing.

ChaosMarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By ChaosMarvel

Otto is smarter but far more cocky and egotistical which leads to his downfall.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#20  Edited By consolemaster001

Doc

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Ock has PhD and more experience, so I'll go for him.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#22  Edited By Raw_Material

It's depicted that Doc Ock is far more superior than Peter Parker's intellectuality.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

LOL

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@paperdemon said:

LOL

No Caption Provided

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By w0nd

@warewolf577 said:

It's likely Otto is smarter, He has a Ph.D in Nuclear Physics, where as Peter is a simple Major

Didn't he make those Spider Spy Cameras? And peter was like "Genius, I never thought of that."

I mean come on, Can Spiderman Re-Create those tentacles?

He also never thought of how to make money without revealing his identity, but when he went to sub in at "avengers academy" one of the students told him how he could have all these years. Doesn't make him stupider than that student, he just didn't ever think of that.

It's hard to tell how smart Pete is because he is always so distracted. He needs to lock himself away and prove how smart he really is.

Pym admitted Peter was smarter than him, that's a start right.

TDK_1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 153

User Lists: 13

#26  Edited By TDK_1997

I think Otto has proved that he is a bit more intelligent than Peter.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's depicted that Doc Ock is far more superior than Peter Parker's intellectuality.

Pun intended?

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimthesurfer said:

@reefermadness said:

Pun intended?

Lol, "yea" puns intended. Far more "superior" actually, although both are at genius-levels.

p.s. Having the fact that your username is "jimthesurfer", do you actually surf? Where do you live?

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimthesurfer said:

@reefermadness said:

Pun intended?

Lol, "yea" puns intended. Far more "superior" actually, although both are at genius-levels.

p.s. Having the fact that your username is "jimthesurfer", do you actually surf? Where do you live?

Yeah, I surf. I surf the web. Hmm... The web... Anyway, I'm from Latvia.

Raw_Material

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimthesurfer: lol, I was gonna say.. I surf too!

but nice username.. like your creative thinking bro

^__^

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By JimTheSurfer

@jimthesurfer: lol, I was gonna say.. I surf too!

but nice username.. like your creative thinking bro

^__^

Thanks, bro. I really appreciate it.

Mattferrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By Mattferrar

@okamicurse: he north of 250 witch means over so peter has alot more then 250 and iq test dosent detirmine how smart you are iq can test you imagination and ideas and how you combined stuff together and prepare for situations iq means nothing its just a test put what if you messed up or you having a bad day or you just didnt know that meaningless answer so north of 250 dosent say how smart you are but it dose say you scored pretty high and even when he scored that he was busy with spiderman things aswell so just informing you

Mattferrar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Mattferrar

@okamicurse: no no no you have it all wrong peter spiderman was in their league easy he works for horizion a huge scientist company and has plenty of inventions that put those other inventors to shame peter super genius is at the level of those guys tony stark bruce banner reed richards being spiderman didnt stop him from inventing most of his greatest inventions coem from spiderman problems he states that himself infact he could do both like everybody else dose be spiderman while a super genius look at tony stark ironman and he inproves on stuff reed richards fantastic four hank pym giant man all these hereos are super geniuses and are hereos at the same time so clearly you got it wrong my friend because peter is in reed Richards league whathe said was if he just stayed as a scientist then they would be compeating agianst eachother witch they are with all the inventions parker put out in the world so when parker got the job at herizion he began to compeat with reed even borfore that he was stil in his leage but he didnt sell his inventions is the difrence party even when he sells his inventions at herizion he gives them less advanced versions like the the helmet he made is not as advanced as his bullet proof suit its just made for motorscycle crashes while using a simlar thing just increases some of the density and compiles it in a difrent way makes his spider armour mark 2 witch stops bulletsd rockets energy blasts easy and its super light wieght and he dosent loose any agilty so he can moove aroud the same so its lighter and more resitiant

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Peter....concidering he beat his ass for 50 yrs....

JairamGanpat

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

#35  Edited By JairamGanpat

Seems to me Ock's caught up in those 50 years considering he's finally come up with a plan that beat good ol' Puny Parker. :p

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 107

@punyparker said:

Seems to me Ock's caught up in those 50 years considering he's finally come up with a plan that beat good ol' Puny Parker. :p

Doc Ock is smarter, but his arrogance often gets in the way. Parker will have his moment yet again...soon

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jairamganpat: Of course, he has a plan! Its name is "terrible writing, a.k.a. Slott".

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#40  Edited By PunyParker

@jairamganpat: Of course, he has a plan! Its name is "terrible writing, a.k.a. Slott".

Thats not a bad plot/idea if done well,as an arc.....the idea of this becoming a series,is terrible...

@jairamganpat said:

@punyparker said:

Doc Ock is smarter, but his arrogance often gets in the way. Parker will have his moment yet again...soon

I like you!

@punyparker said:

You are a bad person!....i bet you choke puppies in your spare time!

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By InnerVenom123

Someone doesn't know the plot of Otto's first appearance.

Kanen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I always thought intellectually they were equals. But peter is always outsmarting him because Doc lets his arrogance get in the way. In a game of chess though Peter would probably win

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Otto seems smarter now. Peter doesn't know how to work half the stuff Otto made while peter was gone.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pete plus otto realized that peter didn't fully commit himself to science like otto and if he did than pete would've been even smarter than he already is which is smarter than doc ock

Lateralus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They are both smarter at different things. If you are going by pure book smarts (especially science) then Ock has the edge. Peter thinks better tactically.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#46  Edited By segamarvel

Peter is indeed smarter. Otto himself admitted to it. Plus let me know when Otto can build a time machine out of a freaking blender,VCR and microwave.Hell even in Ends of the Earth Otto STOLE all of Peter's designs to do it.

No Caption Provided
Avatar image for linsanel_doctor
linsanel_Doctor

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Parker

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I'd argue that they're very equal. I think that if he wanted to Peter could recreate Otto's things it just might take longer. The problem for Otto has always been his ego. He's underestimates others as well a overestimates himself.

Avatar image for heavenlydarkdragon
HeavenlyDarkDragon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would say that Peter is definitely smarter, but Otto's is more focused.

Peter lets so much stuff interfere with his life that he sometimes gets lost in it. Otto on the other hand, he prioritized things in his life. He did what Peter should have done years ago, and got him a PhD, something that Peter can't really blame anyone but himself for not having acomplished that.

Peter is definitely better at being the super-hero, Otto just did it for himself and not actually to help anyone else.

But looking at Peter now that Otto is apparentely gone for good, again we see him stumbling across everything, and he's always changing direction, he lacks the focus that Otto had.

Lets put it this way. If Peter had Otto's focus he would be one of the greatest scientist and superhero in the Marvel universe. But has he is now, and always has been, I only see him wasting his potential, both has a scientist and a superhero.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I would love to say Peter is smarter but.... what the hell i'll say it: Peter is smarter than Otto ..... jejejejejeje.... now seriously they both are brilliant but in different fields of science