Whats with all the hate?

Spideyfan3160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

i liked the Amazing Spider-man 2. so i was curious what was all the hate over the movie about.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@spideyfan3160: Some people still living in 2004 still loyal and love the Raimi trilogy. Some people thought it was very mediocre.Some people just dont like the new rebooted Spider-man.

I thought it was good though

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I'm not really sure either. I liked it.

javancain16

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

i liked it but i didn't like gwen and peters on and off relationship it was annoying

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..There's been a lot of talk on this subject. I enjoyed it, I see the flaws but took it for what it was, good entertainment. Some other people have got rather upset over the poor reviews and less than expected BO receipts.....

..I think those of us older comic book fans are still just grateful that we have so many superb films these days, a lot of younger fans I think have got spoilt and don't remember the days before Superhero movies...

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

I chalk it upto the fact we have really high expectations as WebHeads . I wouldnt say the movie was terrible but it wasnt anything special either

Spideyfan3160

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Spideyfan3160

I think it would cool if for a sequel they did a kraven last hunt type story and in the end introduce Mary Jane

THORSON

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 1

#8  Edited By THORSON

people are still expecting a dark knight trilogy when it the dark knight trilogy was boring...When people watch movies and not get a dark knight type of movie they get upset.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

I enjoyed it quite a bit, but I still think it's very flawed.

averywetfrog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

it had many flaws. i loved the scene where gwen stacy died though. it was a very mediocre film that i will watch a few more times just because its spiderman. also just because it was enjoyable, doesnt mean it was a good quality film

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

It's a fun movie,it's not a great movie.

People wanna see a great Spider-man film.And that's totally understandable.

Countbaron

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Countbaron

Movie is really too long to watch in cinema... it all sure can be make in less minutes... Rhino is at one way good, when he run on 4 legs like rhino it look really good, but when he stand on two legs he almost look like some robotic toy from power rangers tv show.... Electro... no one, expect that will be a black guy... i am sure for that... he is maybe good maked - but not what fans expect.. at least some fans... Green Goblin... first Green Goblin was Norman not a Hary... and its not bad idea to change some things... but for some fans... maybe and thousands of them is not good thing to change things which they love to see how is originaly make... What else... Gwen death... it is known that she die in the comics... they follow it... and... it is ''maybe'' nice... But when her father die in first movie, fans maybe expect that will Peter hold hes promise and leave her.... to can be with MJ in TASM 2...

MatthewParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 19

Loved it, but I can see it was flawed.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

..If this film had been shown back in 2004 it wouldn't have been criticised half as much

t_hench

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 15

User Lists: 2

I hated the first film, but this second one I went in expecting to hate it but actually found I liked it (not crazy about it, but I wasn't asking for my last 2 hours back). But I felt it was more of a chick flick or rom-com then anything else. I can definitely see why people hate it though. The villains were horribly written and undeveloped.

Avatar image for thebrownpowerranger
TheBrownPowerRanger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love spider-man probably to the level of being a fanboy, and even i realized it had flaws. One, It was pretty unfocused. So many things kept happening at the same time and their wasn't much development. Second, electro's character development was a little silly. He basically became a crazy killer because he didn't get anymore attention from the cameras in time square. Same thing with Harry, he is nice on second and crazy the next. It felt like electro and Harry are bipolar. Rhino's accent felt like it belonged in a cartoon. There were some other things too, but overall it was unfocused and a little messy, lacked good villain development, and it felt like more of a set of for future movies than an actual movie on its own.

RedLantern23

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Because it wasnt a good movie?

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i liked the Amazing Spider-man 2. so i was curious what was all the hate over the movie about.

people thought it was to crowded

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

..If this film had been shown back in 2004 it wouldn't have been criticised half as much

it would've be criticized even more as no one would understand what was going on as in sam raimi's spider-man 1 came out in 2002 and then the amazing spider-man 2? people would butcher this.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@amazingspiderman15: Not that but I think you have to give some chops to Raimi here because the story in his trilogy flowed much smoother than Weeb's films. Now I loved ASM2 but it felt a little rushed sometimes andthe worst victim of this is Rhino. Do I even have to mention Rhino ?

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Experio

I enjoyed the film

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

@spideyfan3160: Some people still living in 2004 still loyal and love the Raimi trilogy. Some people thought it was very mediocre.Some people just dont like the new rebooted Spider-man.

I thought it was good though

Why can't people just love both? I personally think Spider-Man 2 and Amazing Spider-Man 2 are the 1st and 2nd best superhero movies ever made.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By flameboy298
I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

At first when I came out of the cinema, I liked it, then I thought it was just okay. Then for a while I hated it, now I think it's alright. It's an okay movie, it DOES deserve that 53% on RT and not out grossing it's predecessors.

DwightSpitz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I havent seen the second one but I really didnt like the first & the same goes for the Raimi trilogy, never did like Toby as neither Peter Parker nor Spidey.

Avatar image for deactivated-5967bf6197d40
deactivated-5967bf6197d40

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Because it was a terrible film with Spidey still learning nothing, Gwen Stacey's death being thrown in at the last minute to please fanboys (and being kinda sexist to boot), the whole parents mystery still meaning nothing yet taking up half of the film, the villains having no real motives or character (besides Harry and even he was short-changed), the fights not being emotionally involving, and Rhino (do I even have to say?), and about 2 billion more problems? It's not about liking the old trilogy. It's about the fact that this just isn't a good movie

VinoVash1234

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

TAS2 seemed like a one big love story.....the movie was basically about peter and gwen constantly holding it off or getting together, then electros big man crush on spidey, had his electrifying heart broken..........basically a love story, romance movie...................didnt really like that.

Valdemocnij

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

All the hate is because... fans expect spider-man movie but they got Peter and Gwen Movie !!! In all of 142 minutes of movie and 200,000,000 $(by IMDB) of budget we got a some of 30-40 minutes of Spider-man... and a lot of -how is that, who is who... how is that and why is that, and then, and more... what are truly boring and much for movie where we wanna see a SPIDER-MAN vs ELECTRO vs GREEN GOBLIN !!!!

I'm done...