What would you like to see done with Silk?

OttoOctavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

The title says it all .

What would you like to see done with Silk?

Personally, I would like her to develop a little bit more under Parker. Being that they are the only two to be actually bitten by the Spider, it would be nice to see them develop a bond and for Parker to teach Moon the ways on being a hero. After that I wouldn't mind her getting her own comic line. I think that Black Cat would be a great starting antagonist, especially if Peter and Cindy have some kind of romance.

Thoughts?

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Marvel has plans for Spider Woman to take Silk under her wing in another book, so interaction with Peter doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

I'd love to see a partnership (maybe even romance) with Black Cat. But I really love Silk's design in general so as long as Marvel does something worthwhile with her I'd like to check it out.

OttoOctavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I really want her to go on her own in a bit. Spider-woman is with the Avengers and that is awesome and all but it would be amazing to have Silk become a strong lead character of her own.

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Hopefully removed along with Dan Slott.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Die a horrible death at the hands of the Kingpin.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#7  Edited By Strider1992

I think someone whos been locked in a bunker for 13 years deserves some time to go out and explore for themselves.

Hopefully Silk will get some solo stuff. I wouldn't be oppossed to the who PeterxCindy I just think its a bit premature at the moment. I think some alone time would do her good. Meet some Spider-villains maybe even have a team-up with a few Spider-allies like Pete's grumpy brother.

OttoOctavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I totally agree with you

Master_Thief

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

@ms-lola said:

Marvel has plans for Spider Woman to take Silk under her wing in another book, so interaction with Peter doesn't seem to be in the cards.

Im pretty sure after the spider woman book (which im pretty sure will be canceled) she will be stuck in limbo

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't really care. She's cool because she is like a second spiderman and is even faster and more versatile with her powers but other than that she's not very special. For now she should just appear in spiderman comics until her character is fleshed out a bit more.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I agree with most of the ideas already stated. I'd like to see...

• Put any romances (whether its Peter or not) on the back burner until she has a much more established character and personality. The last thing she needs is to be defined by her relationship.
  • Have her travel extensively. Go to Europe or something. Having a Spider-person on Big Ben or the Eiffel Tower would be a pretty cool cover.
  • Give her some foes that are linked to Spider-Man, but quickly branch her out. Anyone who is that much faster than Parker is going to need some of their own villains.
  • I'd do flashbacks that focus on her relationship with Ezekial and her training and maybe even some focus on Morlun.
  • What would be interesting is if (it was later revealed) she wasn't just being hidden. In fact she was being trained to finally kill Morlun once and for all. Ezekial was going to hide Peter because he wasn't capable/trained to do it, but Silk could. She just needed some more time.
Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@ottooctavius: First I agree with most that Cindy needs to have her character fleshed out long before any romance starts. Secondly I'd have her move out of New York. Go somewhere like Detroit as far as I know there's no superheroes there. Definitely leave Black Cat out though. This heel turn for Felicia sucks.

OttoOctavius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise I can agree that the heel turn sucks. Slott really goofed on that. She is on my favourite Parker love interests and he got rid of that.

What she is doing now is out of character.

Avatar image for avenging_x_bolt
Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 140

@joygirl said:

I'd love to see a partnership (maybe even romance) with Black Cat. But I really love Silk's design in general so as long as Marvel does something worthwhile with her I'd like to check it out.

i take it you havnt heard about felicia becoming a villain again?

Joygirl

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 43

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@joygirl said:

@avenging_x_bolt: I had not, dumb Joi iz not in the know.

np, youre not a big Spidey follower so its understandable that youd be behind on this. anyway, she had a bit of a breakdown after being humilated by Spock and arrested as well as having all of her posessions confiscated. she now hates Spider-Man even though she now knows that Pete wasnt in control.

Quickfingers26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joygirl said:

np, youre not a big Spidey follower so its understandable that youd be behind on this. anyway, she had a bit of a breakdown after being humilated by Spock and arrested as well as having all of her posessions confiscated. she now hates Spider-Man Leven though she now knows that Pete wasnt in control.

To be fair, she also lost a tooth. With her level of vanity, that'd make me a little vindictive too. =)

When I read that issue and that happened, I nearly spit up my drink!

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@joygirl said:

np, youre not a big Spidey follower so its understandable that youd be behind on this. anyway, she had a bit of a breakdown after being humilated by Spock and arrested as well as having all of her posessions confiscated. she now hates Spider-Man Leven though she now knows that Pete wasnt in control.

To be fair, she also lost a tooth. With her level of vanity, that'd make me a little vindictive too. =)

When I read that issue and that happened, I nearly spit up my drink!

yeah, i knew the meeting wasnt going to end well.

Avatar image for deactivated-097092725
deactivated-097092725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@master_thief said:

@ms-lola said:

Im pretty sure after the spider woman book (which im pretty sure will be canceled) she will be stuck in limbo

That'll be sad. I have the same feeling as well. She feels a bit shoe-horned and her story already feels a bit off. Her behaviour doesn't come off realistically, considering how she's been removed from society for the majority of her life.

Hopefully another writer will come along and save her after her run with the Spiderverse.

segamarvel

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@strider92: I agree. But am I the only one bothered by how her powers work? It kinda ticks me off that she's this good already when Peter's been doing this half his life. Being faster and more agile I can understand. But having a better trained spider-sense to on top.WTF. Didn't Pete just get training for fighting spider-based beings not to long ago? If Anything Peter's senses should be better then hers. And what bugs me is that they don't even bother to tell us HOW it's better then Peter's in what way? Peter can sense WHEN and WHERE a danger is gonna happen and much more. And yet all we've seen her do is dodge things indicating similar power in nature.

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#21  Edited By Zarius

On the topic of Silk..she's going to be gone like Alpha in a couple of months, I say don't bother getting invested in her

@avenging_x_bolt said:

@joygirl said:

np, youre not a big Spidey follower so its understandable that youd be behind on this. anyway, she had a bit of a breakdown after being humilated by Spock and arrested as well as having all of her posessions confiscated. she now hates Spider-Man even though she now knows that Pete wasnt in control.

Felicia's been arrested and humililated before, and came out stronger than ever as a likeable hero, Venom once roughed her up worse than Doc Ock, she had a bit of a breakdown when he found out Peter and MJ were married and tried to date Flash out of revenge but fell in love with him instead (depending on what canon you follow, they even end up having kids), and why would she want street cred amongst c-list heavies when she once tried to be a hero and saved New York once from Carnage? This whole mess stinks, there is no defense for her acting this maliciously or out of character, Slott is an uncreative hack

Avenging-X-Bolt

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Avenging-X-Bolt

@zarius: not sure why you're singling me out, I was just explaining what's been happening

1. She's lost everything this time (home, money, possessions, social standing etc)

2. Her defeat was at the hands of arguably the one who is closest to her (or so she thought) so obviously it would effect her more then Venom's attack.

3.Felicia has been drifting back into her criminal ways of a while

4. Didn't she threaten Mary Jane and harass her and Peter when she found out he was married? Doesn't seem to stable to me.

5. I doubt many people in The MU even remember she was there.

Ultimately, I agree with you though that this could have been done much better, she had grown a lot before Slott and company got their hands on her.

Kanen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Kanen

Well after reading ASM issue 6 I really want to see Silk's character fleshed out more but at the same time still e in a relationship with spider-man. I love this character and loved what dan Slott has done with spider-man. Most people who hate on Slott just don't like change in comics and like everything to remain the same. Superior was the best thing to happen to spider-man in years and Silk is just an addition to that. This character is just getting started and I can't wait to see her be more fleshed out

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanen: In my opinion, Silk is the Earth-616 repackaged version of Ultimate Universe Jessica Drew, whose a clone of Ultimate Peter Parker. This would mean that Peter is making out with himself.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Id like to see her team up with Mania

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By darthfury78

@avenging_x_bolt: I believe that Felicia Hardy(thanks to Sanjani) will buy a controlling stake of Parker Industries. This would mean that Peter will have to answer to her. In order for Peter to restore Felicia's memories, he must first restore her trust in Spider-Man by forming a business relationship that would lead towards a friendship. But it will be very difficult to do without her suspecting that Peter is still associated with Spider-Man. If he's able to win the trust of Felicia, then he could help to repair her relationship with Spider-Man. Once to two sides of trust are restored, then Peter can re-reveal his secret identity to Felicia. Otherwise, all would be lost because if Peter were to do so in her current state of mind, it would backfire because of the trust issues between due to the fact that he didn't restore her memories of Peter Parker as Spider-Man sooner. She's on of Spider-Man dangerous foes. But she's not an enemy of Peter Parker. Once she gets to know him, Felicia will begin to trust him over time.

Kanen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78:

Ok that makes no sense. One her name is not Jessica drew we already have someone in the 616 universe with that name. Two she is obviously Asian so there is no way she is clone. And 3 she has her own family

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By darthfury78

@kanen said:

@darthfury78:

Ok that makes no sense. One her name is not Jessica drew we already have someone in the 616 universe with that name. Two she is obviously Asian so there is no way she is clone. And 3 she has her own family

I was referring to Ultimate Universe Jessica Drew, whose powers are similar to Silk, as well as the female clone of Peter Parker. When I was referring to Silk as the repackaged version of UU Spider-Woman, I was implying that her power set is similar to her, but her appearance has Asian features. Remove the Asian features and replace it with that of a Caucasian and you would get a female version of Peter Parker that might reflect his Ultimate Universe counterpart's female clone.

Kanen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78:

Ultimate Jessica drew is already a reflection of 616 Jessica drew. So really that doesn't make any sense because you can't be a reflection of a reflection. Also Ultimate Jessica Drew has the exact same powers as Peter except for organic webbing and that's do to the fact that she is a clone. Silk has organic webbing but hers is barbed also her spider sense is stronger and she is faster. But she also weaker than Peter

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanen said:

@darthfury78:

Ultimate Jessica drew is already a reflection of 616 Jessica drew. So really that doesn't make any sense because you can't be a reflection of a reflection. Also Ultimate Jessica Drew has the exact same powers as Peter except for organic webbing and that's do to the fact that she is a clone. Silk has organic webbing but hers is barbed also her spider sense is stronger and she is faster. But she also weaker than Peter

Repackaged and slightly different...

Kanen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78:

The only reason you are saying that is because she is a woman with Spider powers stop generalizing

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanen said:

@darthfury78:

The only reason you are saying that is because she is a woman with Spider powers stop generalizing

I stand by my argument. I once said that Peter Parker and Jessica Drew would work well together, as well as Peter and the Black Widow. Most said no. Yet when it comes to a 3-month character, she's the perfect person for Spider-Man? Silk reminds me of UU Jessica Drew as well as Mattie Franklin. I still feel that Silk is the repackage version of UU Jessica Drew, which is an original character design. Thus, the inspiration for Silk came from UU Jessica Drew, in my opinion.

Avatar image for deathpoolthet1000
DeathpooltheT1000

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

andhros

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@kanen: Miles Morales is a reflection of Jessica Drew based on power set. Reinforced with the latest solicits that his parents were/are linked with Hydra. The UU Jessica Drew name is a meta-universe joke for the reader.

I agree that her power set needs fleshed out. For one, the organic webbing was an interesting choice. Also her Spider-sense seems closer to Madame Webb powers.

Course the SJW in me is a little pissed that we have another female hero who is quicker and more abstract ability inclined than her male counterpart.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

BloodBlunts

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SHE NEEDS TO BE KILLED.

shes too new to the story to stick and its a girl petes gettin with thts not mj or black cat. shes a goner

Firetears

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It's disgusting that so many people would rather she be killed than fleshed out and explored. She has an interesting enough backstory and there's an almost instinctual connection with Peter there that can also be worked out. It does appear that she's going to have a big role in the upcoming Spider-Woman's series but I don't see Slott completely diminishing her from his ASM run so soon. Money on the table, I'd say Silk was here to stay.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By darthfury78

@firetears said:

It's disgusting that so many people would rather she be killed than fleshed out and explored. She has an interesting enough backstory and there's an almost instinctual connection with Peter there that can also be worked out. It does appear that she's going to have a big role in the upcoming Spider-Woman's series but I don't see Slott completely diminishing her from his ASM run so soon. Money on the table, I'd say Silk was here to stay.

Maybe Silk is here to stay. But not as Peter's love interest. Personally, I think that Spider-Woman and Black Widow have more in common with Peter Parker than Silk. And it also seem that Silk has replaced the Black Cat as Spider-Man's partner, just as Carlie Cooper had replaced Mary Jane as Peter's love interest.