What will Peter have to deal with when he returns?

• 63 results
tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

@tigerkaya said:

@darthfury78: ....... How about no. Its as bad as your attempt trying to pair Spider-Man with Psylocke.

This is not a romantic paring. This is about Mystique trying to prevent a situation from happening, as it was told in Destiny's diaries. As for Psylocke, Peter and Betsy probably met through her brother Brian, who was Peter's roommate at ESU. And this was when Betsy was in her original body, long before she became Psylocke, and long before she was place into the body of an Asian female. Besides, I feel that Spider-Man x Psylocke are a great team on all levels of compatibility..

I am aware of that as a team up I could see that but personal level no gonna happen. As to Mystique she has had zero history with Spider-Man/Peter aside from working at the Bugle that one time.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78:

Darth the only way I can see Mystique working is in a team up book with either the X-men or Captain Marvel.

Let's suppose that Mystique did appear in Spider-Man's world and got to know Peter Parker by way of Crissy Ironwood or Debra Whitman as one of her disguises in connection to Norman Osborn? Also, they might be a possible connection between Raven and Dr. Curt Conners and Dr. Miles Warren as well, thus it would connect to Spider-Man. Do you agree?

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#53  Edited By darthfury78

@tigerkaya said:

I am aware of that as a team up I could see that but personal level no gonna happen. As to Mystique she has had zero history with Spider-Man/Peter aside from working at the Bugle that one time.

They said the same thing about Peter Parker and Wolverine, since they got to know the other on a personal level, they are the best of friends. I certainly would love to that with Betsy Braddock, Jennifer Walters(in her human form), and Jessica Drew with Peter Parker respectively.

With regards to Mystique, the point of origin could be linked to Peter's parents. That's where Mystique's link to Spider-Man would derive from. Too bad that Marvel hates the idea of Peter parents as super spies when they could have used that idea to the writer's advantage by bringing forth characters that have not appeared in Spider-Man's world like Mystique and the Abomination, for example.

Avatar image for saiyan_earthling
saiyan_earthling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Seriously, as much as I want the Spider-Man x Psylocke relationship to happen, or him fighting Mystique, it's really not going to happen. Peter has like zero affiliation and connection with either of them.

The only true love interests for Peter are; Gwen Stacey, Mary Jane, and Black Cat.

iaconpoint

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#55  Edited By iaconpoint

Dan Slott will still be his writer.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#56  Edited By darthfury78

@saiyan_earthling said:

Seriously, as much as I want the Spider-Man x Psylocke relationship to happen, or him fighting Mystique, it's really not going to happen. Peter has like zero affiliation and connection with either of them.

The only true love interests for Peter are; Gwen Stacey, Mary Jane, and Black Cat.

Affiliation can always be created by other writers. I would love to see Peter branched off into other relationships on a close personal level that is platonic with a super heroine. The only other relationship that had a chance to rival the Black Cat was Carol Danvers. But Marvel shot down that idea before it had a chance to establish itself by Brian Reed. And Kelly Sue is clearly not interested in exploring their friendship.

But as you pointed out it's not going to happen under Dan Slott because he's the sole writer for Spider-Man. And his interest in Spider-Man is to stick to Spider-Man and his world. Chris Yost had the chance to explore the things I was referring to. But he let that opportunity slipped past him as well as the previous writers on Avenging Spider-Man. Imagine if we saw a Spider-Man x Psylocke storyline against Mysterio & Mystique, or even against Lady Deathstrike and Carnage bonded together in the pages of Avenging Spider-Man? Then those books would not have been cancelled.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By darthfury78

@master_of_suprise said:

@darthfury78:

Seems like you're stretching it.

Well. Some of the best stories written come from writer who stretched them. Prior to 1986, Betsy Braddock was a Captain Britain character that had no connection to the X-Men whatsoever until creator Chris Claremont imported her into the X-Verse. The same could be said about Deathbird and Mystique who had no connection to the X-Verse until creator Chris Claremont brought them over. But the one character that has absolutely nothing to do with the X-Men is Longshot and Mojo. Why are they a part of the X-Verse(Which is a huge stretch in itself)? I have no idea. So the thought of having Psylocke, She-Hulk, Lady Deathstrike, The Red Queen, and Mystique in Spider-Man's world is no different from what Chris Claremont had done during his tenure as writer of the X-Men.

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78:

I thought Deathbird was introduced in the X-men comics.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78:

Deathbird made her first appearance in the the original Ms. Marvel series of the 1970's.

No Caption Provided

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@master_of_suprise said:

@darthfury78:

Deathbird made her first appearance in the the original Ms. Marvel series of the 1970's.

No Caption Provided

Yes...I have it (I have the entire series).

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

wells

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to put together a list of everything Peter will have to deal with when he returns in April and I'm sure I'm not going to remember everything.

So far, I remember

1. (forgot the main one) That NOBODY (except for Carlie) noticed something was wrong with him, due to his behaviour and actions
  2. The fact that Ock killed twice using his body
  3. Black Cat's grudge against him for the sucker punch
  4. Anna Maria Marconi the girlfriend and more or maybe, hope not, killed
  5. Mary Jane's maybe being arrested or maybe, hope not, killed
  6. Mary Jane Angry at him and lost her trust in him
  7. Carlie Cooper becoming a goblin and maybe, hope not, killed
  8. No longer on good terms with Aunt May and Jameson Snr
  9. Aunt May even more in fear of Spider-Man
  10. Having the Mayor really be after him
  11. The blackmailing of JJ Jameson
  12. Running Parker Industries
  13. Owning and having Spider-island, the Raft as well as all of SpOcks minions
  14. All of SpOck's tech and suits.
  15. Having possibly the Avengers as enemies or at the very least not being trusted by them
  16. Having possibly the Mighty Avengers as enemies or at the very least not being trusted by them, especially Jessica Jones
  17. Not being on good terms with the Daily Bugle
  18. No longer being looked up to by up and coming heroes like Sun Girl
  19. That SpOck was responsible for the destruction of Horizon Labs
  20. Liz Allen no longer trusts Spider-man
  21. Kaine
  22. Flash Thompson / Venom
  23. The fact he now has a Doctorate
  24. SpOck was almost responsible for the destruction of New York
  25. The Superior Sinister Six
  26. SHIELD keeping a closer eye on him, because of the Chameleon
  27. Norah losing her job due to SpOcks actions
  28. The aftermath of Goblin Nation
  29. Even more mistrusted by the people of New York

If you can think of anymore let me know and I'll add it.

to the first point, it's not that nobody noticed it's just none of them really tried hard enough or cared to try hard enough to figure out what was wrong with him.