What will Peter have to deal with when he returns?

• 63 results
animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

I'm trying to put together a list of everything Peter will have to deal with when he returns in April and I'm sure I'm not going to remember everything.

So far, I remember

1. (forgot the main one) That NOBODY (except for Carlie) noticed something was wrong with him, due to his behaviour and actions
  2. The fact that Ock killed twice using his body
  3. Black Cat's grudge against him for what SpOck did to her, and the fact that she doesn't know about the mind swap
  4. Anna Maria Marconi the girlfriend and more
  5. Mary Jane's maybe being arrested or maybe, hope not, killed
  6. Mary Jane Angry at him and lost her trust in him
  7. Carlie Cooper becoming a goblin and maybe, hope not, killed
  8. No longer on good terms with Aunt May and Jameson Snr
  9. Aunt May even more in fear of Spider-Man
  10. Having the Mayor really be after him
  11. The blackmailing of JJ Jameson
  12. Running Parker Industries
  13. Owning and having Spider-island, the Raft as well as all of SpOcks minions
  14. All of SpOck's tech and suits.
  15. Having possibly the Avengers as enemies or at the very least not being trusted by them
  16. Having possibly the Mighty Avengers as enemies or at the very least not being trusted by them, especially Jessica Jones
  17. Not being on good terms with the Daily Bugle
  18. No longer being looked up to by up and coming heroes like Sun Girl
  19. That SpOck was responsible for the destruction of Horizon Labs
  20. Liz Allen no longer trusts Spider-man
  21. Kaine
  22. Flash Thompson / Venom
  23. The fact he now has a Doctorate
  24. SpOck was almost responsible for the destruction of New York
  25. The Superior Sinister Six
  26. SHIELD keeping a closer eye on him, because of the Chameleon
  27. Norah losing her job due to SpOcks actions
  28. The aftermath of Goblin Nation
  29. Even more mistrusted by the people of New York

If you can think of anymore let me know and I'll add it.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

The Team Up stuff will be ignored.

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By tigerkaya

Basically everyone and I mean everyone will hate him both as Parker and Spider-Man. At best his only option ask Strange or Mephisto to do a complete mind wipe on New York of All Spock's activities or move to a new country and start fresh until everyone in New York forgets Spider-Man's crimes. I hope it's the latter.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Basically everyone and I mean everyone will hate him both as Parker and Spider-Man. At best his only option ask Strange or Mephisto to do a complete mind wipe on New York of All Spock's activities or move to a new country and start fresh until everyone in New York forgets Spider-Man's crimes. I hope it's the latter.

Do you think this is a game?. Source: Imgur. Do you think this is a l, game?. I have to say, that fish is a pretty cool customer

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Like mexico?

danhimself

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

It isn't a problem for anyone who knows his identity because he can just explain what happened...the only problems will be with the citizens of New York and his friends and family who don't know his identity

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By angelalfonso

@frogdog:

God NO… I’m Mexican but I would not like it, not spiderman, where would he swing, there are a lot of tall buildings in Mexico city for him to do so, but there are also a lot off electric wires, he would end up electrocuted.

But I would love a street level superhero set in Mexico city.

_Nexus_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm trying to put together a list of everything Peter will have to deal with when he returns in April and I'm sure I'm not going to remember everything.

So far, I remember

1. The fact that Ock killed twice using his body
  2. Black Cat's grudge against him for the sucker punch
  3. Anna Maria Marconi the girlfriend and more or maybe, hope not, killed
  4. Mary Jane's maybe being arrested or maybe, hope not, killed
  5. Mary Jane Angry at him and lost her trust in him
  6. Carlie Cooper becoming a goblin and maybe, hope not, killed
  7. No longer on good terms with Aunt May and Jameson Snr
  8. Aunt May even more in fear of Spider-Man
  9. Having the Mayor really be after him
  10. The blackmailing of JJ Jameson
  11. Running Parker Industries
  12. Owning and having Spider-island, the Raft as well as all of SpOcks minions
  13. All of SpOck's tech and suits.
  14. Having possibly the Avengers as enemies or at the very least not being trusted by them
  15. Having possibly the Mighty Avengers as enemies or at the very least not being trusted by them, especially Jessica Jones
  16. Not being on good terms with the Daily Bugle
  17. No longer being looked up to by up and coming heroes like Sun Girl
  18. That SpOck was responsible for the destruction of Horizon Labs
  19. Liz Allen no longer trusts Spider-man
  20. Kaine
  21. Flash Thompson / Venom
  22. The fact he now has a Doctorate
  23. SpOck was almost responsible for the destruction of New York
  24. The Superior Sinister Six
  25. SHIELD keeping a closer eye on him, because of the Chameleon

The ultimate counter to all this being that he makes everyone feel bad when he flips out on them. All these people are suppose to be friends, allies, and/or love ones to him and not one of them notices that he is acting like someone who isn't him. Not ONE person notices that no matter what has happen in his life he has never killed a single person on purpose in cold blood. And the only person who went through months of investigations to figure out the truth is now a Goblin.

Hell Kaine is a literal clone of him and not even Kaine could tell that something was clearly wrong here, the symbiote of all things sense something was wrong right away the moment it was bonded to SpOck.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By tigerkaya

@punyparker: Well considering Marvel's done a wonderful job in making Spider-man a universally hated character by comic fans after OMD and making his alternate versions more popular and that issue in Superior where he was willing to sacrifice an ailing child to keep his presence a secret in Doc Ock's mind only to be reduced to blubbering man child by Ock there doing a great job in smearing his character as humanly possible. Course all said is done Superior fans will move on to Scarlet Spider to read a violent, brutal anti hero Spider-man leaving only the true fans to pick up the pieces of the original thus victory is ours however hollow it may be. As to the Mephisto or Strange. I figure why not, Marvel's already erased much of Parker's true self so I say go all the way with demon magic baby, Whoo!

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

#11  Edited By Fallschirmjager

Its basically a clusterf*ck. The whole saga made all of Peter's supporting characters look like idiots.

HumanRocket

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 1

#12  Edited By HumanRocket

I think for me the biggest one is having a PO Black Cat.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#13  Edited By Teerack

I really hope that Peter is able to explain to Cat that he was possessed.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Its basically a clusterf*ck. The whole saga made all of Peter's supporting characters look like idiots.

Quoted for the truth, the whole truth and nothing but the truth.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

I think she wont take "explain" as an option......

LightPsyche

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

If I'm correct, in his debut in 1962, he was improperly labeled as a menace and had a bad image with the people of New York in the MU alongside the Hulk and the X-Men, but unlike them, he himself proved to be a superhero and far from anything that JJJ had described Spider-Man to be, thus winning the love of the New York City citizens.

Now after Superior, he will be hated once again and be thrown into the '60s era again, only to have to start from scratch, right?

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

He should consider moving to a new country to get that fresh start.

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_nexus_ said:

@animehunter said:

So far, I remember

1. The fact that Ock killed twice using his body
  2. Black Cat's grudge against him for the sucker punch
  3. Anna Maria Marconi the girlfriend and more or maybe, hope not, killed
  4. Mary Jane's maybe being arrested or maybe, hope not, killed
  5. Mary Jane Angry at him and lost her trust in him
  6. Carlie Cooper becoming a goblin and maybe, hope not, killed
  7. No longer on good terms with Aunt May and Jameson Snr
  8. Aunt May even more in fear of Spider-Man
  9. Having the Mayor really be after him
  10. The blackmailing of JJ Jameson
  11. Running Parker Industries
  12. Owning and having Spider-island, the Raft as well as all of SpOcks minions
  13. All of SpOck's tech and suits.
  14. Having possibly the Avengers as enemies or at the very least not being trusted by them
  15. Having possibly the Mighty Avengers as enemies or at the very least not being trusted by them, especially Jessica Jones
  16. Not being on good terms with the Daily Bugle
  17. No longer being looked up to by up and coming heroes like Sun Girl
  18. That SpOck was responsible for the destruction of Horizon Labs
  19. Liz Allen no longer trusts Spider-man
  20. Kaine
  21. Flash Thompson / Venom
  22. The fact he now has a Doctorate
  23. SpOck was almost responsible for the destruction of New York
  24. The Superior Sinister Six
  25. SHIELD keeping a closer eye on him, because of the Chameleon

The ultimate counter to all this being that he makes everyone feel bad when he flips out on them. All these people are suppose to be friends, allies, and/or love ones to him and not one of them notices that he is acting like someone who isn't him. Not ONE person notices that no matter what has happen in his life he has never killed a single person on purpose in cold blood. And the only person who went through months of investigations to figure out the truth is now a Goblin.

Hell Kaine is a literal clone of him and not even Kaine could tell that something was clearly wrong here, the symbiote of all things sense something was wrong right away the moment it was bonded to SpOck.

As true as that flip out would be I doubt we get to see it considering who's still going to be writing the series unfortunately. So I don't see that happening any time soon even though it should. Honestly I think Spidey needs a new writer. Preferably Yost. Maybe Bendis since he seems to do good with Street level heroes or at least Spider-Man.

Bogey

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter will have to deal with having a kid with that little person who Ock is courting.

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bogey: Nah Marvel's not going to go that far because they feel it'd age the character.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Really, and I realize it's asking a lot, all it would take is a little common sense on the Avengers and Spider-Man's part: All they have to do once Spidey convinces them what happened (which shouldn't be difficult considering most of them have experience with being mind controlled or brain swapped, not to mention how out of character Ock was acting), and then the Avengers can call a press conference explaining what happened on Spidey's behalf.

Won't get Jonah off his back, nor will it fix most of Peter's personal problems, unless he plays it as Spidey being a good friend of his, and his change of behavior really bothered him personally, but it'll go a long way towards getting the trust of people back.

Also, the aforementioned freak out NEEDS to happen at LEAST once. And not in a sulky, to himself mope kind of way. He needs to freak out in front of anyone who knows his identity and didn't realize something was wrong.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By PunyParker

1. (forgot the main one) That NOBODY (except for Carlie) noticed something was wrong with him, due to his behaviour and actions

And suddenly everybody will,when he returns,and will start asking....

AdwePL

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter:
Iron Man also noticed that something is wrong in SSM #25 :P

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jonsmith: I agree the freak out needs to happen but honestly with Slott still writing it. I'm not gonna get my hopes up.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I hope this time, Peter sticks to being Spidey now mostly than Peter as his dual identity.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

#27  Edited By animehunter

I realise this has nothing to do with Superior, but 1 image shows Jessica Jones's kid wearing Spider-man PJs, does this mean she still has some trust in Spider-man and would that mean Peter might not have too difficult a time regaining her trust in him, or am I just reading too much into it.

Plus I love the action and Ava Ayala looks awesome in the previews

White Tiger VERSUS the Avengers in MIGHTY AVENGERS #7 First Look - OUT February 26th, 2014

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/122/172/original/Mighty_Avengers_7_Cover.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/122/173/original/Mighty_Avengers_7_Preview_1.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/122/174/original/Mighty_Avengers_7_Preview_2.jpg

----

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/122/175/original/Mighty_Avengers_7_Preview_3.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/122/176/original/Mighty_Avengers_7_Preview_4.jpg

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I realise this has nothing to do with Superior, but 1 image shows Jessica Jones's kid wearing Spider-man PJs, does this mean she still has some trust in Spider-man and would that mean Peter might not have too difficult a time regaining her trust in him, or am I just reading too much into it.

I'm sure she thought "she'll grow out of this in a month anyway". Dang infants always growing and costing money.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

She probably bought it before “inferior” age of terror even began.

kaine_17

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By kaine_17

Hold on. Sp0cks girls

Is pregnant?. I would love to see him freak out. Especially on wolverine. And I worry about what will happen with black cat. I would just whip it out if iwas spidey

Opunaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Opunaya

@_nexus_ said:

This. So much. I want Peter to go on a massive verbal tirade on every single character that was too stupid to realize something was wrong. Especially when 'Peter' killed. How many times has he demanded his allies to NOT kill? He's even fought Wolverine in order to keep the guy from killing people.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@tigerkaya said:

i know some one already said this but what if he tells cap or wolverine or the avengers then they can make a press conference telling everyone that spider-man was doctor octopus but he is back now

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By darthfury78

@teerack said:

That would mean that Peter would have to reveal to her that he's Spider-Man so that her memories of him will be restored.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:

That would mean that Peter would have to reveal to her that he's Spider-Man so that her memories of him will be restored.

or he could just say that he wasn't spidey and that doc ock switched minds with him. he doesn't have to reveal his identity

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By Teerack

@darthfury78 said:

@teerack said:

or he could just say that he wasn't spidey and that doc ock switched minds with him. he doesn't have to reveal his identity

No? There is actually no reason you need to tell her he is Peter to just say "that was an imposer" but I do hope that Peter reveals himself to her again.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78 said:

@teerack said:

No? There is actually no reason you need to tell her he is Peter to just say "that was an imposer" but I do hope that Peter reveals himself to her again.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack: If he tells her that he's pete, her original memories will return. It's as simple as that.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Teerack
@darthfury78 said:

@teerack: If he tells her that he's pete, her original memories will return. It's as simple as that.

Or as simple as "It wasn't me." he wears a mask it could have been anyone, and remembering Peter doesn't matter. She would still just think he was being a dick.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@teerack said:
@darthfury78 said:

Or as simple as "It wasn't me." he wears a mask it could have been anyone, and remembering Peter doesn't matter. She would still just think he was being a dick.

Perhaps. But when she knew his secret, Felicia knew about Otto Octavius, who almost killed her. So it would not be far fetched for to believe Peter that Otto hijacked his body with the mind switch. Also how come her bad luck powers never saw Spock's punch coming?

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: I think all of the Otto stuff still happened in her memories.

mickeymayhew

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

what will Peter have to deal with when he returns? apart from a bit of clearing up after Otto basically just the same old boring Parker storylines. goodbye Otto - you were fun and original and DIFFERENT but that's a bit too much for comics these days - same old, same old is safer

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By tigerkaya

@mickeymayhew: And less Superior fans like yourself will leave the title. So thats a bonus to.

Avatar image for thecheesestabber
TheCheeseStabber

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

User Lists: 2

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

If someone was living in my body for a few months I would feel super violated. I think it be need if he actually goes to a rape councilor or something.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By PunyParker

@punyparker: @animehunter: You forgot the most important thing

He missed the last season of Breaking Bad!

But....but......it's a year in real life,not in comics....in comics it's like 3-5 months...so he STILL HAS SOME EPS TO WATCH!!!

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter must face Mystique. That would be a dream come true. Raven would be perfect in Spider-Man's world as both a friend and an enemy all rolled up into one.

No Caption Provided

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

tigerkaya

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78: ....... How about no. Its as bad as your attempt trying to pair Spider-Man with Psylocke.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#49  Edited By darthfury78

@tigerkaya said:

@darthfury78: ....... How about no. Its as bad as your attempt trying to pair Spider-Man with Psylocke.

This is not a romantic paring. This is about Mystique trying to prevent a situation from happening, as it was told in Destiny's diaries. As for Psylocke, Peter and Betsy probably met through her brother Brian, who was Peter's roommate at ESU. And this was when Betsy was in her original body, long before she became Psylocke, and long before she was place into the body of an Asian female. Besides, I feel that Spider-Man x Psylocke are a great team on all levels of compatibility..

No Caption Provided

MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@darthfury78:

Darth the only way I can see Mystique working is in a team up book with either the X-men or Captain Marvel.