#1 Edited by animehunter (1966 posts) - - Show Bio

Simple question, what if as a result of Superior Spider-man the women from Peters got together an formed a team. It happened to Wolverine, were there is a team made up of his Exs called: Seraph's Angels

In no particular order, the members would be & who I would like them to be: Black Cat, Mary Jane, Betty Brant, Carlie Cooper, Silver Sable & Yuri Watanabe(Wraith), with possibly the seventh being Ms. Marvel now Captain Marvel

Former cat burglar, private investigator, founder of Cat's Eye Investigations, Registered superhero

Powers

Agility, Attractive Female, Claws, Duplication, Electricity Control, Escape Artist, Feral, Gadgets, Insanely Rich, Intellect, Probability Manipulation, Stamina, Stealth, Super Sight, Super Speed, Super Strength, Teleport, Tracking, Unarmed Combat, Wall Clinger, Webslinger

Why

While Black Cat is a loner and would really need to be given a push to do the right thing, one thing I've always seen, is when Spidy's in danger and Black Cat is around she always helps when needed granted she might ask for payment but in hindsight she always does right by him. and knowing the man she loved might be no more and is replace with Doc Ock might just bring her around. Also she has become good friends with Mary Jane since Web of Spider-Man #11 & 12. Add to that, Black Cat can bring her experience and a cat burglar to team as an infiltrator.

Role in the team

Infiltration, fighter, retriever

Actress, Former Model, Socialite

Powers

Attractive Female, Intellect, Unarmed Combat

Why

Mary Jane was a super model, a club owner and knows most of the heroes peter knows.So with the circle she travel she can find out information about certain people who are high on the social ladder and if necessary ask for assistance from certain heroes.

I think you see where I'm going with this, both Mary Jane & Betty are not fighters in the group, they are the information gatherers within their respective circles and just in case both Silver Sable and Black Cat can train them on how to defend themselves enough that they have the time to run in the opposite direction.

Role in the team

Information gatherer, support

News Journalist

Powers

Attractive Female, Intellect

Why

Betty is a journalist has got experience getting information where others can't plus she was the girlfriend of Venom/Flash Thompson, in which case like Mary Jane she can gather information from sources that the other can't access.

I think you see where I'm going with this, both Mary Jane & Betty are not fighters in the group, they are the information gatherers within their respective circles and just in case both Silver Sable and Black Cat can train them on how to defend themselves enough that they have the time to run in the opposite direction.

Role in the team

Information gatherer, support

Police Officer, Forensic expert

Powers

Attractive Female, Intellect, Unarmed Combat

Why

Carlie, she would be the one that starts this off, bringing together people who were close to Perter or Spider-man in the case of Silver Sable and Black Cat, she can put together the missions briefs depending on the cases she comes across as well as what she hears from her superiors, and like Mary Jane and Betty can be given extra training by Silver Sable and Black Cat. and with her training as a detective she can bring those skills to the group along with Yuri Watanabe.

In short I see Carlie and Watanabe more working behind the curtain assigning missions and intervening when necessary.

Role in the team

Mission assignment, information gatherer, support, behind the scenes support, possible team leader

Mercenary, Ruler of Symkaria, CEO of Silver Sable Intl.

Powers

Agility, Attractive Female, Escape Artist, Gadgets, Insanely Rich, Intellect, Invisibility, Leadership, Marksmanship, Stamina, Stealth, Swordsmanship, Technopathy, Tracking, Unarmed Combat, Weapon Master

Why

Granted Silver Sable is currently MIA, to me unless you see a body there is always the chance she returns, add to that Julia Carpenter saying she's alive puts me in the she's coming back column. The reason I chose her was because I always felt that when ever they team-up they were more than just colleagues, they even did a what if where they got married, What If...? #21, and if you read The Amazing Spider-Man #679 & 685, you would have noticed that she actually had feeling for Spider-man and even though he rejected her (not as strong as I make it sound) I believe she still feels something for him and would definitely want to do something to rectify it. And although she is or might still be the ruler of Symkaria, but that hasn't stopped her from doing superhero work before and with her political connections, she can do things for the group on an international scale. For example providing diplomatic immunity if necessary for the team. Also she is a strategist, can provide tools and weaponry, maybe even give support provided by her military.

Role in the team

Infiltration, fighter, negotiator, weapons master, possible team leader

Captain in the Police Department

Powers

Attractive Female, Emotion Control, Gadgets, Unarmed Combat

Why

Yuri Watanabe, up-most she is a Captain in the police force and so has a higher access to information than Carlie and can intervene at crime scenes if necessary, on top of that like you said is a low level superhero but seems effective at interrogation using tools she got from police evidence, which also tells us she is very adept at using the seized tools of the super-villains.

In short I see Carlie and Watanabe more working behind the curtain assigning missions and intervening when necessary.

Role in the team

Information gatherer, support, behind the scenes support

Possible seventh member

Powers

Agility, Attractive Female, Blast Power, Cosmic Awareness, Danger Sense, Energy Absorption, Energy Based Constructs, Energy Manipulation, Energy-Enhanced Strike, Flight, Healing, Intellect, Invulnerability, Leadership, Levitation, Stamina, Super Speed, Super Strength, Unarmed Combat.

Why

She is a possibility, because even though she did have feeling "as mentioned in Siege: Spider-Man(one-shot), for Peter, she wasn't that close to him, I chose these ladies because they were close, intimate with Peter/Spider-man. maybe not Yuri Watanabe, I added her because of her position in the police and her working relationship with Carlie & Spider-man.

Regarding the date she had with Peter, it goes back to Ms. Marvel #34 - Secret Agent Danvers, Part 3 where for a favour she would go out on a date with him, even though he just blurted it out in the moment, she did go on a date with him in Ms. Marvel #47 - The Amazing Spider-Date.

Role in the team

Fighter, Heavy Hitter, Pilot

I would have liked to have chosen Ms. Marvel as the seventh, but due to the events of Captain Marvel #14 - The Enemy Within Part Five of Five you would have found out that she had to do something to save 8 million lives, which resulted in her loosing her memories, how much we don't know yet, so it could be that she no longer remembers Peter or Spider-man and so might not in any condition to help.

Captain Marvel #11
Captain Marvel #14 - 1
Captain Marvel #14 - 2
Captain Marvel #14 - 3

And know thanks to the preview of Captain Marvel #15 we have more information regarding the damage to her memory and how it has affected her, both personally and socially.

#2 Edited by PunyParker (10892 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: First,the long absence of Peter has gotten us to write or speculate meaningless and purposeless things....and second,i like that you put on EVERYONE the "attractive female" aspect.NO SH*T,it's comics!!.....With whoever Peter would've met and/or flirt,she would have been an "attractive female"!!.

I'm teasing you,you know i love you!

#3 Edited by animehunter (1966 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: I love you too, but what do think of the concept.

#4 Posted by PunyParker (10892 posts) - - Show Bio

This would be awesome,cause they are people who love Peter.Eh,maybe not Watanabe,but she's a "super-hero" so she would deffinetelly help.

Anything would help bring Pete back at this point,and it seems that it will be Miles....

#5 Edited by Akindoodle (1021 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter said:

This would be awesome,cause they are people who love Peter.Eh,maybe not Watanabe,but she's a "super-hero" so she would deffinetelly help.

Anything would help bring Pete back at this point,and it seems that it will be Miles....

Really? HOW?! I don't read SSM and haven't picked up USM in a WHILE... is it the new Spider Men? I loved the first one so much

#6 Posted by Guardian_of_Gravity (2979 posts) - - Show Bio

You're forgetting quite a few Women.

Peter has women falling all over him. One of the more powerful ones was Ms.Marvel. Yeah, that Ms.Marvel.

#7 Edited by animehunter (1966 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: If you read the solicits, they tell you that Miles is heading to the 616(Main stream) Universe.

and I found this video, although I don't know how accurate he is, but certainly and interesting listen.

if you wish to discuss it further you can do so here: Superior Spider-Man Discussion

#8 Edited by Akindoodle (1021 posts) - - Show Bio
#9 Edited by animehunter (1966 posts) - - Show Bio

@akindoodle: @guardian_of_gravity: I could have added her, but even though she did have feeling "as mentioned in Siege: Spider-Man(one-shot), for Peter, she wasn't that close to him, I chose these ladies because they were close, intimate with Peter/Spider-man. maybe not Yuri Watanabe, I added her because of her position in the police and her working relationship with Carlie & Spider-man.

Regarding the date she had with Peter, it goes back to Ms. Marvel #34 - Secret Agent Danvers, Part 3 where for a favour she would go out on a date with him, even though he just blurted it out in the moment, she did go on a date with him in Ms. Marvel #47 - The Amazing Spider-Date.

Also if you read Captain Marvel #14 - The Enemy Within Part Five of Five you would have found out that she had to do something to save 8 million lives, which resulted in her loosing her memories, how much we don't know yet, so it could be that she no longer remembers Peter and so might not be of help to him.

Captain Marvel #11
Captain Marvel #14 - 1
Captain Marvel #14 - 2
Captain Marvel #14 - 3

Here is more information on Carols memory loss, from the preview of Captain Marvel #15

#10 Posted by saiyan_earthling (5444 posts) - - Show Bio

I spy with my little eye, some thing beginning with "I smell catfights that are about to happen to Peter."

#11 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I spy with my little eye, some thing beginning with "I smell catfights that are about to happen to Peter."

photo DYO6X.gif

#12 Posted by animehunter (1966 posts) - - Show Bio

@danslott: I was wondering what you would think of this concept, would something like this be possible.

#13 Posted by JasonHawke (1356 posts) - - Show Bio

If this happened. The comic series will be written by Frank Miller

#14 Posted by darthfury78 (848 posts) - - Show Bio

How about a team that comprises of The Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Julia Carpenter, and Erizel Sims? The Black Cat no longer remembers the man behind the mask. And I suspect that the Black Cat will become a Daredevil character than a Spider-Man character for the foreseeable future.

#15 Posted by Spideysense44 (3456 posts) - - Show Bio

You missed ms.marvel and a cuple others but i think they wuld be a great team

#16 Edited by animehunter (1966 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideysense44: @darthfury78: I considered all of them, but I settle on these six because they are the most likely to do anything about it together while the others would at most give support, but as they don't have that close a relationship to peter and the six chosen have (except for Yuri Watanabe, and Black Cat only having a relationship with spider-man), I see these six more likely to stay together after everything.

Regarding Ms. Marvel, I explained why I didn't choose her in post #9, otherwise I think I have added her as the seventh member.

As for Black Cat, yes she only knows him as Spider-man, but there's nothing stopping Mary Jane or Carlie telling her who he is under the mask, especially Mary Jane as they have become friends since Web of Spider-man #11 & 12, and even if she wasn't told, the simple fact that she's told he isn't the man she fell in love with and that he may be dead and his body taken over by Doc Ock, especially Doc Ock, would be more than enough motivation for her to do something about it, even if it means joining the team.

#17 Edited by Spideysense44 (3456 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter:

Oh okae and i think silver sable wuld probably lead the group they'd be badass

#18 Edited by Joygirl (19935 posts) - - Show Bio

Black Cat wins.

#19 Edited by muhabba (299 posts) - - Show Bio

I've read a story like that. It also had both Spider-Women & Mattie Franklin. Um, I don't think those types of stories are allowed to be posted here 'tho so nevermind.

#20 Edited by darthfury78 (848 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: Thanks for the reply. I like your concept. Best of luck with your quest to convince Slott to using them.

Although, from a marketing perspective, outside characters like The Black Widow, Spider-Woman, Spider-Girl, and She-Hulk might work as a team because it gives a writer chance to use these characters in a matter that has not been explored before in relation to Peter Parker. Since all four of there heroines have had a solo series in the past, the idea of them becoming a part of Peter Parker's life might produce some benefits, such as transferring some of Spider-Man's rogue galleries unto their own respectively. For example, here are a few:

She-Hulk vs Stunner & Rhino

Black Widow vs Styx & Stone, The Shocker

Spider-Woman vs Mister Negative & Hobgoblin

Spider-Girl vs The Vulture & Electro

I think that if Jennifer Walters become Peter/Spider-Man's legal council who could defend him in place of Daredevil in Spider-Man's world, it might make things interesting.

But the reason why I pointed this alternative idea is because it might get the Spider-Man readers to branch off into their solo series once again because some of the Spider-Man villains will become a fixture in their world respectively. This is about the outside chracters who I feel would benefit in becoming a part of Peter Parker's world.

#21 Posted by PunyParker (10892 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: TEAM NAME: "The Bangitty-Bang girl squad.".....in case you're wondering,yes,this is sexually intended.

#22 Posted by animehunter (1966 posts) - - Show Bio

@spideysense44: I've put up more information regarding Ms Marvel, regarding her situation, for those wanting to know.

#23 Edited by animehunter (1966 posts) - - Show Bio

@darthfury78: Thanks for you support in me trying to get them to use this idea.

As a result I decided to see if I could submit this idea to Marvel direct and I found something that really put a dent in it.

From Marvel

Marvel does not accept or consider any ideas, creative suggestions, artwork, designs, game proposals, scripts, manuscripts, or similar material unless we have specifically requested it from you. Marvel is continuously developing and creating its own ideas and materials, and we don’t have the resources to review or respond to unsolicited material. Unfortunately, any unsolicited material you send will not be read or shared. It will be destroyed, and it will not be returned.

While we can’t accept your unsolicited submissions, please know that Marvel is always looking for new comic book artists and writers. We constantly read and review indie, self-published, creator-owned, and web-comics, review popular online art communities, ask other artists for opinions and recommendations, and host portfolio reviews at conventions from time to time. If you are an aspiring comic book artist or writer, we suggest you publish or publicly post your material, continue to create, and if you have the right stuff...we’ll find you.

#24 Posted by Delphic (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: Though I commend you on putting the idea together, I have to say that I don't really see where you could go with the idea. For the list you provided: (Felicia Hardy, Mary Jane Watson, Betty Brant, Carlie Cooper, Yuri Watanabe, and Silver Sable) there are a few problems. The main issue is that you have is you have three civilian class characters that being MJ, Betty, and Carlie. I'm not saying these women can't take care of themselves, but their not heroes. You could even consider Watanabe a civilian considering she is a low level street hero, and Carlie being a police officer has some training as well, but MJ and Betty both you don't want to throw into a brawl with the likes of Mysterio, Vulture, or any of spidey's rogues (or anyone's rogues for that matter). Altogether these members are a pretty big weak link, and if you send someone after them extremely dangerous they are going to be pretty limited in their means to fight back.

The next problem is Silver Sable. She's dead, or at least MIA. Yeah, I know it's comics and she could come back at any time, but the fact of the matter is that she's not exactly battle capable at the moment. Even if you do bring her in you have to consider her motivations for joining a team. If I remember correctly I think she's also somewhat of a political figure in her country, but I could be wrong.

Black Cat has a similar problem that Silver Sable, and that problem is motivation. Sure she's okay with Spidey-Exes Anonymous, and getting together with the girls for a chat, but as far as a crime fighting team that is not really her style. Cat is not exactly a hero, and would say herself that she's a thief first and that a "champion for Justice" ranks pretty low on her list of self descriptions.

So once again, I commend you for putting the idea together, but I personally don't see how the team could hold up.

#25 Edited by animehunter (1966 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic: While I do agree with you, that this does have it's problems and limitations. I believe that's what might make it interesting and a challenge to write.

For you see I see them in terms of this.

Mary Jane was a super model, a club owner and knows most of the heroes peter knows.So with the circle she travel she can find out information about certain people who are high on the social ladder and if necessary ask for assistance from certain heroes.

Betty is a journalist has got experience getting information where others can't plus she was the girlfriend of Venom/Flash Thompson, in which case like Mary Jane she can gather information from sources that the other can't access.

As for the others

Carlie, she would be the one that starts this off, bringing together people who were close to Perter or Spider-man in the case of Silver Sable and Black Cat, she can put together the missions briefs depending on the cases she comes across as well as what she hears from her superiors, and like Mary Jane and Betty can be given extra training by Silver Sable and Black Cat. and with her training as a detective she can bring those skills to the group along with Yuri Watanabe.

Yuri Watanabe, up-most she is a Captain in the police force and so has a higher access to information than Carlie and can intervene at crime scenes if necessary, on top of that like you said is a low level superhero but seems effective at interrogation using tools she got from police evidence, which also tells us she is very adept at using the seized tools of the super-villains.

Now for Black Cat & Silver Sable

While Black Cat is a loner and would really need to be given a push to do the right thing, one thing I've always seen, is when Spidy's in danger and Black Cat is around she always helps when needed granted she might ask for payment but in hindsight she always does right by him. and knowing the man she loved might be no more and is replace with Doc Ock might just bring her around. Also she has become good friends with Mary Jane since Web of Spider-Man #11 & 12. Add to that, Black Cat can bring her experience and a cat burglar to team as an infiltrator.

Granted Silver Sable is currently MIA, to me unless you see a body there is always the chance she returns, add to that Julia Carpenter saying she's alive puts me in the she's coming back column. The reason I chose her was because I always felt that when ever they team-up they were more than just colleagues, they even did a what if where they got married, What If...? #21, and if you read The Amazing Spider-Man #679 & 685, you would have noticed that she actually had feeling for Spider-man and even though he rejected her (not as strong as I make it sound) I believe she still feels something for him and would definitely want to do something to rectify it. And you remember correctly she is or might still be the ruler of Symkaria, but that hasn't stopped her from doing superhero work before and with her political connections, she can do things for the group on an international scale. For example providing diplomatic immunity if necessary for the team. Also she is a strategist, can provide tools and weaponry, maybe even give support provided by her military.

I hope I have explained my reasons for wanting this and in way that doesn't confuse.

#26 Posted by PunyParker (10892 posts) - - Show Bio

.....and a 12 yr old girl who sat thru fire and waited for Spider-Man to save her.......

That's clearly out of character,but i'm throwing it out there!

#27 Edited by animehunter (1966 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: Yeh, I decided to pretend that never happened or simply make it one of the reasons she would be convinced by Carlie and join her.

#28 Posted by Delphic (1470 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: You've really put a whole lot of thought into this, and I see you've already submitted your idea to marvel, and honestly I wish I had came in sooner, but not sure what difference it would have made. Basically the quickest way to kill an idea, and see to it that it never happens is to tell somebody (comic writer, artist, editor, etc). That's because of legal trouble or something like that. I remember a writer talk about that awhile back, and was adamant about people not telling them their ideas because if the writer used that idea that opened the floodgates for lawsuits.

Anyway, back on topic. What you say about Mary Jane is true, and she is high on the social ladder, but not that high. Mary Jane would be an outside source more than anything else. I just see her botching missions a lot by getting turned away at the door, or by getting caught. Not to mention, Mary Jane doesn't mind being hands on, but is not the type to get her hands dirty. For what, Mary Jane could do, Black Cat could do better as Felicia Hardy.

As for Betty Brant, she may have been Flash's girlfriend (as a matter of fact I think she's his ex right now), but that doesn't say a whole lot considering things. Flash never told her anything, and probably till this day would still not tell her anything. Betty being able to find things out is pretty much limited to that of a standard reporter, not to mention I don't think she is a reporter. I think she's just a desk clerk.

Now what you say about Carlie and Yuri does work pretty well, considering a few things. Mainly I can see Carlie orchestrating the whole deal, and that right there is where MJ might come in. She might talk to MJ to be able to get into contact with some more powerful people (i.e. Black Cat). Yuri may be willing to help Carlie, but there's still the fact of the matter of respecting who's face is behind Spider-man's mask. Though it is actually Doc Ock running the show, it is still Peter Parker's face. Those in the know may still want to respect that fact.

Now as far as Black Cat and Silver Sable, what you have there is all well and good, except for one thing, and that is that What if # 21 was What if Spider-man married Black Cat, not Silver Sable. Other than that, everything there is fine.

You seem to be having a pretty good idea going here, and you seem to have it developed out pretty well. Why not give it a whirl in the fan-fiction section?

#29 Edited by animehunter (1966 posts) - - Show Bio

@delphic: I did mention it to Slott, to ask what he thought about it, but got no reply, then went to see if I could suggest it directly to Marvel through their website and I saw there stance on submissions, check above post #29, and decided not to, as it would have been a waste of time. So I decided to reserve myself to see what people on the vine thought about it, for which I thank you for as well as your structured input it has given me a lot to think on. I will also give your fan-fiction idea some thought, although I've always been an idea man and I was never the best writer of essays at school, mine always seemed to turn out like instruction manuals.

regarding what if #21, yes it does revolve around him marrying Black Cat and my apologies I should have made it clearer, she courtship with Silver Sable happens in the final pages of the book.

And finally I would like to thank you again for your interest in this idea and your input, and to be honest personally if I found out my idea was used I would be ecstatic that my idea created something so why would I sue, I might have though up the idea, but it's the write that brought to life and to me that's more than enough and everybody here at the vine would know I came up with it and again that's more than enough for me.

#30 Posted by lykopis (10746 posts) - - Show Bio

I like this idea a heck of a lot more than Superior Foes of Spider Man. That book is painful. If not all "potential" loves/past loves of Peter, at least a mix up of women who are important to him.

Although, it is true what @delphic said about killing an idea by pitching it to the writer/artist/Marvel. Legal would shut it down, pronto.

#31 Edited by PunyParker (10892 posts) - - Show Bio

@animehunter: Yeah....if we wanted we could find flaws to the other "girls" too......(like Felicia being a complete whore over the yrs and sleeping with everyone except my school janitor,or Sable being a complete idiot last couple o' yrs,or Betty being.....nothing at all,she's frankly dissapeared,or Watanabe being.....non Spider-Man related,cause she doesnt know who he is,nor compleletely agrees with what he's doing....) but we dont,do we?????!!!!!!!!.................. ;)