What if spiderman was in the dark knight instead of batman? Could he handle the sick twisted joker?

• 84 results
PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 2

Edited By PaperDemon

Poll What if spiderman was in the dark knight instead of batman? Could he handle the sick twisted joker? (108 votes)

Of course! 67%
No... His mind isn't strong enough to handle the emotional torture of joker. 33%

Comment ur thoughts.

• 
Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#51  Edited By Ninjablade09
Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#52  Edited By Ninjablade09

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker: Okay well then, I still think he could handle Joker

We agree on that.

He can take Norman,he could take Joker......have you read the Paul Jenkins Norman Osborn stories?!

Cant say I have.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

We agree on that.

He can take Norman,he could take Joker......have you read the Paul Jenkins Norman Osborn stories?!

Cant say I have.

Read it.You'll understand why i love Norman so much.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 1

#54  Edited By cameron83

Some of these comments are so ignorant that it shows that they haven't picked up 1 Spider man comic in their entire lives.

In fact,it looks like they only base their knowledge of Spider man on the Raimi movies. Typical.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

@punyparker said:

@ninjablade09 said:

We agree on that.

Cant say I have.

Read it.You'll understand why i love Norman so much.

Sure as soon as I have money.

wanonalake

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

If anything spidy could handle it better then batman.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

Peter's probably one of the most troubled, beaten and battered souls in the Marvel Universe. This has even been mentioned by the likes of Cap himself as he stated that no other hero has ever gone through what Peter has. He's seen the closest people in his life murdered because of him, almost his entire career until around Big Time, New York constantly beat down on him because of Jameson and he's been on the brink of death more times than you can count, even fighting an unwinnable battle and getting beaten to a pulp because of his unwillingness to give up.

Disregarding Big Time, which still shows his misfortunes, Peter has never had it easy and anyone who claims that clearly hasn't read many Spider-Man comics.

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#58  Edited By cameron83

Peter's probably one of the most troubled, beaten and battered souls in the Marvel Universe. This has even been mentioned by the likes of Cap himself as he stated that no other hero has ever gone through what Peter has. He's seen the closest people in his life murdered because of him, almost his entire career until around Big Time, New York constantly beat down on him because of Jameson and he's been on the brink of death more times than you can count, even fighting an unwinnable battle and getting beaten to a pulp because of his unwillingness to give up.

Disregarding Big Time, which still shows his misfortunes, Peter has never had it easy and anyone who claims that clearly hasn't read any Spider-Man comics.

Fixed.

And very good post. My thoughts exactly.

Avatar image for deranged_midget
Deranged Midget

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83: Fixed what? O_O

@deranged_midget said:

Disregarding Big Time, which still shows his misfortunes, Peter has never had it easy and anyone who claims that clearly hasn't read any Spider-Man comics.

Fixed.

And very good post. My thoughts exactly.

I just took off the m from many.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 41

All I'm gonna say is Gwen Stacy/Norman Osborne.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just to clear things up this isnt about spock. Its about Peter Parker.

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

The idea of Spidey tackling Batman's rogues gallery was always a little idea in my head. While the web head wouldn't (and SHOULDN'T) handle it like Batman, I know Spidey could do it.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Tough call but I'm going to say yes.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

He'd f**king web him up and the movie would be over in 15 minutes.

RonSiconolfi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he could- only difference spider-man would be making clown jokes the whole movie.

prinplup45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

he can handle joker

bxhybrid89

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

spidey can do it

prinplup45

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spiderman is stronger than batman and batman beat joker their for spiderman can beat joker

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#70  Edited By kidchipotle

Spidey could just go pew pew thwip thwip and web the Joker up.

I agree with this guy. Such a genius.

JonSmith

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#71  Edited By JonSmith

Spidey's consistently shown (Back in Black, the last issue of Grim Hunt, and so on) that when you f*** with someone close to him, YOU HAVE F***ED UP. He will rip through the criminal underworld, tear down buildings with his bare hands, basically do everything in his power to remind you that there's a REASON people are terrified of spiders.

Joker MIGHT get Rachel/Spidey's equivalent. But when he does... He's a goner. Spidey MIGHT not kill him, he hasn't killed Norman yet. But considering it's on top of all he's lost up til now? Yeah, I'd put the odds at 50/50 either way.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@prinplup45: A clean out shot from spiderman, and we will end up with a headless Joker

young_beamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#73  Edited By young_beamer

@angelalfonso: I totally agree. Spidey would kill the joker after all his deeds, but it would never get that far spidey would just web him up in the first confrontation.

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#74  Edited By SilverPool

@veshark: Everyone else is arguing over whether or not Spiderman could handle Joker while you're doing an awesome plot outline XD

SilverPool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a conflict between Batman and Norman Osborn would be so much more interesting than Spidey and Joker. I just don't see Spiderman and Joker being compatible as villains/heroes.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#76  Edited By PaperDemon

Some of these comments are so ignorant that it shows that they haven't picked up 1 Spider man comic in their entire lives.

In fact,it looks like they only base their knowledge of Spider man on the Raimi movies. Typical.

ikr. I'm sick of everyone being to electronic obsessed and overly lazy to read now a days. I personally think he could handle the joker because of carnage and Norman. In fact my fav story of Spider-Man is Maximum carnage. :D

cameron83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@cameron83 said:

ikr. I'm sick of everyone being to electronic obsessed and overly lazy to read now a days. I personally think he could handle the joker because of carnage and Norman. In fact my fav story of Spider-Man is Maximum carnage. :D

Still though,it's cute how people think that Peter is anything like Raimi Spider-man,when he is completely different.

In my honest opinion,Peter arguably has it far worse than Batman. Peter's main weakness seems to be the continous bad luck in his life

14NC3

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Comic book spider-man? Easily

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#79  Edited By magnetic_eye

Comic book Spider-Man?...............Yes! absolutely, especially if written by Scott Snyder or John Layman.

One can only imagine how incredibly awesome a Christopher Nolan "Amazing Spider-Man" motion picture would be.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

They both have their share of nutcases. He accidentally killed his true love, and feels responsible for his uncles deaths and many other people. Idk why people think his life is so happy go lucky lol...at the moment his body is being piloted by one of his rouges.

Thespideyguy99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I clicked the no box, and here's why. As big of a spider-man fan I am I personally do not think that he can take the Joker's maniacal persona. As much of a sarcastic and funny superhero Spider-man is.... he has limits. For example, in issue 121 of amazing spider-man where Gwen Stacy died, he would have killed the Goblin if the glider had not first. (Correct me if I am wrong on this one.) Granted when it comes to the death of normal people, he just gets angrier and grittier if you will. (Issue 688 of the Lizard.) But when it decides to get personal, (such as Joker killing Aunt May) then the line is crossed and Spider-man is forced to kill him. These are just my thoughts on this and I thought that they needed to be shared.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Avatar image for youknowwhattodo
youknowwhattodo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think he can, if you were to compare the lives of Peter Parker and Bruce Wayne, Peter has had to endure much more hardship than Bruce Wayne, yet still finds a way to pull himself together. He's more than mentally tough enough to take on the Joker, not to mention he'll have a much easier time taking on the Joker physically than Batman ever did.

AllNewOverseer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

I've always thought of the idea of Spider-Man having Batman's rogues gallery. Spider-Man is my favorite super hero and Joker is my favorite super villain after all. With Spidey in Batman's place Joker would be an even less physical match for the hero but this may just cause Joker to step up his game, perhaps finding some way to give himself a physical edge, or rather Harley a physical edge to preserve his good looks (at least until the 10 year mark). Then there's the fact that Joker isn't dealing with a brooding straight man but another bright wise guy.

Overall though I think Spider-Man could handle the Joker as well as (though different too) Batman, but the "Spiderverse" Joker may be even more dangerous than most regular Jokers.