Posted by PaperDemon (587 posts) 7 months, 25 days ago

Poll: What do you want to happen with Spidey games? (35 votes)

More comic based spidey games (Me) 91%
Just make movie games 6%
Other (comment) 3%

BTW I'd like to see more exposure to Spider-Man Noir. I really enjoyed playing as him in shattered dimensions. Thoughts?

#1 Posted by ArturoCalaKayVee (10917 posts) - - Show Bio

Option One.

#2 Edited by GeekBait (777 posts) - - Show Bio

A new Ultimate Spider-Man game with Miles as the main character would be awesome, but I doubt they'd make that since he isn't popular enough.

They should do enhanced HD remakes of the PS1 games. That'd be AMAZING!

#3 Posted by TheBlackPeterParker (50 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekbait: Uh.....YES.

I agree, a Miles based game would be cool, or something as epic as Spider-Man 2.

Or maybe an Orgin game?

#4 Edited by GeekBait (777 posts) - - Show Bio

@theblackpeterparker: Imagine how beautiful the comic-like graphics would look on current/next-gen systems.

You know what? Why don't they just re-make the Ultimate Spider-Man game with added content? :O

#5 Posted by MASTER_OF_SUPRISE (444 posts) - - Show Bio

I'd like to see more comic based stuff but also having the sandbox style of the movie games. Ultimate Spider-Man was good. Why not one based off of Spider-Man 2099?

#6 Posted by JonSmith (3980 posts) - - Show Bio

Just make Ultimate Spider-Man 2 with Miles, a sequel to Ultimate Spider-Man for the Playstation 2. Tell the story of Peter's death either right at the beginning or in flashbacks, with Miles' story being the main thing.

As for a Spider-Man game starring Peter Parker, make Web of Shadows 2 with a symbiote invasion. Get a good Spider-Man voice actor, refine the gameplay some so you're not ALWAYS web striking, and you've got a recipe for success.

#7 Edited by PietroMaximoffIsTheMan (56 posts) - - Show Bio

With comic games there is so much more to explore. Marvel needs to make more comic-based media.

#8 Posted by PaperDemon (587 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekbait said:

A new Ultimate Spider-Man game with Miles as the main character would be awesome, but I doubt they'd make that since he isn't popular enough.

Yep the spiderman 2000 game with monster ock was awesome.... its my favorite game of all time. They should redo that one. Not the enter electro one though.. that game kinda sucked.

#9 Posted by PaperDemon (587 posts) - - Show Bio

With comic games there is so much more to explore. Marvel needs to make more comic-based media.

couldnt agree more.... most people of this new terrible generation only know superheroes from their movies because they aren't smart enough to read comics over using electronics or playing crappy Call of duty. Some of my "friends" were wondering why in spiderman 2000 for ps1 why venom could "dissapear". If they read the comics they would know about the symbiote being able to mimick any substance. This is why im scared for characters because most comic characters are only known for their movie adaptations like..... Spiderman 3. Ugh.

#10 Posted by PunyParker (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont want what's happening now......they make games,accordingly to the release dated for the movies,and they restrict the,selves from doing something great.....and the game ends up lame.

We havent seen a Spidey game withthe Green Goblin-Venom-Carnage in the same disc,why????.....cause there are only movie games out!!!.....the Arkham games had Joker,Riddler,Bane,Twoface-Ra's Al Ghul,in the same game,how!???.....they had a writer do whatever the HECK he wanted,wit hthe character.....oh! bw,the games has excellent gameplay too.....

So it is possible.

#11 Posted by MideonNViscera (327 posts) - - Show Bio

I want a comic based one that feels as fresh as Spider-Man 2 did in its day, except obviously taken far past what games were capable of then.

#12 Posted by GeekBait (777 posts) - - Show Bio

@paperdemon: I loved them both, but the first one had a far better storyline. The Symbiote and Doc Ock stuff was so badass. If they were to re-make it they could put in free-roaming, Spider-Man 2's swinging, and all those basic gameplay improvements, but keep the main storyline and level designs the same/similar.

#13 Posted by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio

Give the game to Rocksteady. Set it during the Clone Saga with Peter, Ben and Kaine as playable characters with multiplayer Co-Op..................My life would be complete.

#14 Edited by PunyParker (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

Give the game to Rocksteady. Set it during the Clone Saga with Peter, Ben and Kaine as playable characters with multiplayer Co-Op..................My life would be complete.

HOLY SH!T !!!!

But i disagree with the co-op part.....
And give Bendis to write it....he knows how to write cinematically.

#15 Posted by Strider92 (16032 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: WHA!? How could you not like Co-Op!? That would be awesome. Think of the cinemaction moments!

#16 Posted by PunyParker (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

@strider92: The camera would make it a Super Mario racing game.........i would be fine with an online mode,like in Origins,since they're copying all their sh!t from them, now.... :P

Seriously thoug,i hope Amazing 2 is a good game.......not like it's predecessor....

#17 Posted by Funkypanda123 (107 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekbait I agree with the idea of a miles morales game it would be pretty cool if you could play as peter when hes battling the sisnter six near his death as a first mission then the player could procced to miles story

#18 Posted by TheBlackPeterParker (50 posts) - - Show Bio

I dont want what's happening now......they make games,accordingly to the release dated for the movies,and they restrict the,selves from doing something great.....and the game ends up lame.

We havent seen a Spidey game withthe Green Goblin-Venom-Carnage in the same disc,why????

Actually, Ultimate Spider-Man had all those villians in the game, IIRC.

#19 Posted by PunyParker (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

We havent seen a Spidey game withthe Green Goblin-Venom-Carnage in the same disc,why????

Actually, Ultimate Spider-Man had all those villians in the game, IIRC.

We're talking 2005.....since then to see a good Spider-Man game,based on a comicbook.

#20 Posted by angelalfonso (938 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love a spider man noir game, I know there's “shattered dimensions” , but I would love a solo game

#21 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

a better developer for starters. i enjoyed shattered dimensions but after that i know a lot of other titles that have sucked big time wich is why i never played them. i know itll never happen but can you just imagine if a developer like rockstar did a free roam spider-man game? i would so buy a next gen system for it since rockstar is one if not the best developers in the gaming world. i say in order for me to be interested give me a fresh new storyline with a 120 hour campain and very well executed villains like morbius, vulture , mysterio, chameleon ect/ side missions can include stopping random crimes like street violence muggings bank robberies car thefts. make it all free roam like grand theft auto and red dead redemption. introduce team missions with non playable charachters like a black cat and even a dare devil

#22 Posted by PunyParker (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

I would love a spider man noir game, I know there's “shattered dimensions” , but I would love a solo game

Let them make a good classic Spidey game,and we'll see,then

#23 Edited by PunyParker (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

a better developer for starters. i enjoyed shattered dimensions but after that i know a lot of other titles that have sucked big time wich is why i never played them. i know itll never happen but can you just imagine if a developer like rockstar did a free roam spider-man game? i would so buy a next gen system for it since rockstar is one if not the best developers in the gaming world. i say in order for me to be interested give me a fresh new storyline with a 120 hour campain and very well executed villains like morbius, vulture , mysterio, chameleon ect/ side missions can include stopping random crimes like street violence muggings bank robberies car thefts. make it all free roam like grand theft auto and red dead redemption. introduce team missions with non playable charachters like a black cat and even a dare devil

It's all great,but dude,120 hours?.......i'd be ok with 20.....i want an Arkham City Spider-Man like game...

#24 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

It's all great,but dude,120 hours?.......i'd be ok with 20.....i want an Arkham City Spider-Man like game...

i know it seems like a lot but when i buy a game i want to make sure i get my money's worth you know? the last game i just beat was gta 5 and i still have a ton to do and i would love to see that with a super hero title wether its spider-man or even batman with the roaming of arkham city and red dead combined. also note gta 5's map is a combo of gta 4 and red dead redemption and thats huge.

#25 Posted by PunyParker (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@tazzmission said:

i know it seems like a lot but when i buy a game i want to make sure i get my money's worth you know? the last game i just beat was gta 5 and i still have a ton to do and i would love to see that with a super hero title wether its spider-man or even batman with the roaming of arkham city and red dead combined. also note gta 5's map is a combo of gta 4 and red dead redemption and thats huge.

Oh,you mean 120 hrs. of general gameplay,and not only story?....then yeah,absolutelly.....i still play Origins,and i'm still trying to find easter eggs in Arkham City,so,it's a little more than 120 hrs :P

I want that kind of Spidey game.

#26 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

@tazzmission said:

@punyparker said:

@tazzmission said:

Oh,you mean 120 hrs. of general gameplay,and not only story?....then yeah,absolutelly.....i still play Origins,and i'm still trying to find easter eggs in Arkham City,so,it's a little more than 120 hrs :P

anytime i play a game i think ok setting is cool but if i was a creator how could i top this 5 times more? i remember when arkham city came out i thought man id love to do this or that with it ya know? i think so much i can give you a run down of how a grand theft america can work by using all 50 states and who the main charachter is and what he/she is doing . and yes you read that right in my idea for gta i like the idea of selecting a gender because as a man i always wondered how interesting would a female work in the gta universe.

#27 Edited by Captain13 (3240 posts) - - Show Bio

Basing the games off the comics gives developers more time to put out high quality work. Movie games almost always suck because of the time table they have. The Arkham series is partly successful for that reason.

@geekbait said:

Could do a game with several spider-men, of which miles is one. That would be awesome. It could either be a multi-dimensional game or you could just have a spider-character for each new york borough. Peter could protect Queens, Miles could protect Brooklyn, Spider-girl could protect the Bronx, etc. Shifting between each spider's point of view could be an interesting way to format the story narrative--especially if madame web is involved.

I'd also like a more modernized version of the Slingers. That could be awesome. Like Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles meets the spider-man universe.

An Agent Venom game could be cool too--like Assassin's Creed on steroids.

#28 Edited by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

id actually love a remake ( not that hd crap) of maximum carnage. give it the fighting mechanics from shattered dimensions and man oh man i see so much potential with it

#29 Edited by PunyParker (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker said:

@tazzmission said:

@punyparker said:

@tazzmission said:

anytime i play a game i think ok setting is cool but if i was a creator how could i top this 5 times more? i remember when arkham city came out i thought man id love to do this or that with it ya know? i think so much i can give you a run down of how a grand theft america can work by using all 50 states and who the main charachter is and what he/she is doing . and yes you read that right in my idea for gta i like the idea of selecting a gender because as a man i always wondered how interesting would a female work in the gta universe.

And Rocksteady did it for a Superhero game!.....we had Selina which was genious from them to do!!....i SO much enjoyed playing,in the free roam world with her,and not just challene maps....(i wanted Nightwing too,but eh.....i cant have everything) and it was compeletely awesome!!

We HAVE a game coming out in May......i want to be possitive,you know!

ASM sucked mediocricy,but i hope this can get minds blown.

#30 Edited by PaperDemon (587 posts) - - Show Bio

@geekbait said:

@paperdemon: I loved them both, but the first one had a far better storyline. The Symbiote and Doc Ock stuff was so badass. If they were to re-make it they could put in free-roaming, Spider-Man 2's swinging, and all those basic gameplay improvements, but keep the main storyline and level designs the same/similar.

woah what if they re made it.... but added comic graphics like ultimate spidey with all the new gen stuff.... Holy crap people would pay big bucks for that. Best spidey game of all time potential right there :D

#31 Posted by Mega_spidey01 (3078 posts) - - Show Bio

i just want them to be good & have great replay value.

#32 Posted by GeekBait (777 posts) - - Show Bio

@paperdemon: Yeah! That's exactly what I was thinking for the graphics. We should petition Activision to make this game, it sounds beautiful.

#33 Posted by TazzMission (5488 posts) - - Show Bio

i just want them to be good & have great replay value.

agreed expecially the damn movie games.

#34 Edited by symbiotic (48 posts) - - Show Bio

I generally don't enjoy the movie games as much as the comic based games. Beenox peaked with Shattered dimensions, but all of their games have been pretty good. If I ruled the world, I would have a follow up to shattered dimensions with Miles from the ultimate universe. I would love to see a sinister six from each dimension.

Shattered dimensions- 4 different spider-men with unique gameplay. Cool villians, some new villians that actually worked well. I think the only major complaint was that I wanted more. More villians, more levels, more everything. Excellent cutscenes.

Edge of Time- Interesting story, 2099! Spider-man seemed a little whiney for my taste. Gameplay was repetitive, not enough villians. Cutscenes were pretty awesome in this one as well.

TASM game- Cool expansive world, fight mechanics weren't as good as SD or EoT. Interesting expansion of TASM world with the cross-species stuff, but the story didn't really feel like it went anywhere. No rendered cutscenes (only in game graphics). Villians were kind of lame as they were pretty much all mindless monsters. Random encounters go away after you finish the game!!!! Swinging around was fun, but there is no replay value once you finish the game. The only option is to start over.

#35 Edited by VeganDiet (945 posts) - - Show Bio

Seriously, just base the game off of the Gauntlet-Grim Hunt storyline, and call it a day. You get a ton of iconic villains, pre-written stories that are all pretty good, and a climactic ending that could have some sort of morality system in place.

Make the combat a mix of Shattered Dimensions and ASM, and call it a day.

#36 Posted by slimchin23 (62 posts) - - Show Bio

a superior spider-man game could be good.

#37 Posted by ConcernedSpiderFan (50 posts) - - Show Bio

My very first encounter with Spider-Man was in the form of a video-game. I got my first computer at the age of two and I ended up with a Spider-Man game based on the 90’s show that helped children develop math skills while fighting the Hobgoblin. By the time I was three I was performing on a 5th grade level. I watched the 90’s show of course and when I was 5 I bought my second videogame also Spider-Man the PS1 game still have it.

Spider-Man

Story 8.0

Gameplay for its time 9.0

Graphics 7.0 for its time

Replay Value You just can’t get sick of it. 9.0

Overall Score 8.0

Spider-Man 2: Enter Electro

N/A Never played it.

Spider-Man (Movie Game)

Story too short to give much judgment 7.0

Gameplay fairly good for such an early Gamecube game 6.0

Graphics 5.0 comparative

Replay Value Again quite short 4.0

Overall Score 5.5

Spider-Man 2

Everyone judges Spider-Man games in comparison to this one and I can see why it stands on par with the PS1 as the standard of comparison. I had a lot of fun playing it.

Story 8.0

Gameplay 8.5 As good as you could expect with the generation

Graphics 6.0

Replay Value 8.0 a really fun ride.

Overall Score 7.6

Ultimate Spider-Man

People really liked this game it is fun to play as venom and the arts refreshing but the games a little overhyped.

Story 7.0

Gameplay 6.0

Graphics 6.0

Replay Value 6.0

Overall Score 6.25

Spider-Man 3

Story 6.0 no worse or better than the movie

Gameplay 7.0 it wasn’t as good as Spider-Man 2

Graphics 7.0

Replay Value 7.0 the crime system was one of the few redeeming features of the game

Overall Score 6.75

Spider-Man: Friend or Foe

3.0 that’s all I’m going to say

Spider-Man: Web of Shadows

Web of Shadows forever changed the way I saw Spider-Man before I even played it. I was 13 years old when I saw the trailer with Moonlight Sonata I just can’t describe it I saw that the greatest battle of the hero was the one within himself and that we must be careful when fighting monsters not to become one ourselves. The game let you make moral decisions the good choices were nice and the bad tempting. I never looked at the comics the same way gone was reading the adventures of what I suppose was a cool older brother my approach to reading comics became completely analytical my mind began to almost completely filter out the violence and focus on the underlying conflicts and what they meant about the characters. It’s a real shame that were never going to see a sequel the company that made it went out of business soon after.

Story 8.0

Gameplay 8.0

Graphics 8.0

Replay Value 8.0

Overall Score 8.0

Spider-Man: Shattered Dimensions

Story 7.0

Gameplay 9.0 a wide variety of moves and play styles.

Graphics 9.0 the different art styles are near perfect.

Replay Value 8.5 The ability to select missions and villains means it’s hard not to be in the mood to play.

Overall Score 8.5

Spider-Man: Edge of Time

Could have easily have been the best Spider-Man game if there was more development time.

Story 10.0 Peter David + Time Travel + Voice Cast Nuff Said

Gameplay 5.5 Combats a bit limited puzzles to repetitive

Graphics 8.0

Replay Value 6.0 challenges are generic villains are well done but scarce in number

Overall Score 7.4

The Amazing Spider-Man

Story 7.0

Gameplay 7.0 A lot of good features combat moves are unique but button mashing at its simplest.

Graphics 7.0 Nothing special and nothing disappointing.

Replay Value 7.0 Beenox offers a lot of good incentives but the games several shortcomings and the lack of variety in crime detract a bit.

Overall Score 7.0

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 will have had twice as much development time as the past two Beenox games and they already have a model for NYC so they can spend that time on other stuff so I expect it to be a lot better.

#38 Posted by PunyParker (8850 posts) - - Show Bio

"Amazing Spider-Man 2" is on the way......we wait and see.....