What do you want to happen to Doc Ock?

• 77 results
Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 64

Poll What do you want to happen to Doc Ock? (120 votes)

Get away with stealing Peter's life 8%
Die 19%
Get Exposed and go to Jail 2%
Peter should regain his body 58%
Other - Explain. 14%

Just out of curiousity because there have been a lot of SSM polls but not many about what way the story should go.

• 
SOG7dc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 21

User Lists: 10

I want him to die andi want him to die painfully. I want his character to be removed for at least two years. and I want to read about peter

kriminal

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

somebody close to peter finds out(like black cat). they go to doctor strange and he helps put peters mind back(although the last time peter went to him for help didnt go to well). otto is smart though so he move his mind to another body and you get a young doc ock again. i honestly want to see someone become the superior doctor octopus. that would be an intresting confrontation

kostisfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#3  Edited By kostisfire

Otto sees that everything he did was wrong and tries his best to bring Pete back. He finds Pete's memories storred in his old body and stores them. He then finds a cloned body in one of the Jackall's labs and puts his brain patterns in the cloned body and puts Peter back in his own body. He asks for redeemance and Pete gives it to him. Ock, no younget either becomes a new spider hero or becomes a heroic Doc Ock.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

I want Peter to reclaim his body and force out Ock who is then sent to hell where a Hell lord decides to screw with him by telling him he'll let him return to life if he goes to Peter on his knees then begs for forgiveness and once he actually convinces Peter to forgive him for it the Hell lord pops up and says, "Ha, I was just f**king with you", then drags Ock off and tosses him in the worst part of hell.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

#5  Edited By Phaedrusgr

Scarlet Spider should whoop his a$$ and Doctor Strange should help Peter regain his body. Then we could all see Slott whining about his pathetic excuse for a super hero...I'm waiting for that day...

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

So most of us just want the same again without ever changing. He dies he comes back.Way to go for cheep gratification people.

I do not want him like be like the Riddler where he become good guy but later get hurt so hard that he get amnesia became a badguy. No status quo this time. someone has to move forward

Whether he takes the body and have to face peter's problems and maybe he will be the one helps fix it.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By frogdog

I want peter to get his body back and send otto to the graveyard.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

I want Peter to reclaim his body and force out Ock who is then sent to hell where a Hell lord decides to screw with him by telling him he'll let him return to life if he goes to Peter on his knees then begs for forgiveness and once he actually convinces Peter to forgive him for it the Hell lord pops up and says, "Ha, I was just f**king with you", then drags Ock off and tosses him in the worst part of hell.

well jesus... I want peter back but I dont hate doc ock that bad... Man... think of the spiderman 2 doc ock style. If they had kept him like that I would have no prob with him.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe said:

well jesus... I want peter back but I dont hate doc ock that bad... Man... think of the spiderman 2 doc ock style. If they had kept him like that I would have no prob with him.

Expect Spider-man 2 Doc Ock only exist in the movie, comic Doc Ock has always been an evil bastard.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By joshmightbe

@paperdemon: Movie Ock was completely different from Comic Ock, in the books he's been an unrepentant asshole since the 60s

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@joshmightbe: I thought people liked him. In the first appearance i Liked him... whats so bad about him??? (well before they ruined him now)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

@paperdemon: Lots of people do like him a lot as a villain, I've never been a fan tho Ironically Spider-man 2 was the first time I genuinely enjoyed the character.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hazlenaut: I'm cool with him just dying and staying that way.

QueenCorp15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By QueenCorp15

Peter should get his body back then not kill Ock cuz he knows he has done good to ppl as spiderman an give him a free pass......... after beating the sh$t out of him of course then ock brcomes an understanding antihero with his own strange but cool ongoing series

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

I want Peter to regain his body and Give Ock a different one after Otto's exposed.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Peter should get his body back and beat Ock and Slott senses (I think they are one in the same look at the similarities).

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Otto gets some kind of robot body made up of octobots. Kinda like what Spider-Slayer became.

CHUCKY47

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want Peter to get his body back

GraniteSoldier

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 42

#19  Edited By GraniteSoldier

Peter gets his body back through the efforts of some of his closest confidants and his saved memories on the gold octobot. However, Peter being Peter forgives Ock for everything he did to Peter. He transfers Ock's consciousness to the octobot, and builds Ock an android body with a failsafe that he cannot bring any harm to others or cause any misdeed.

Of course later Parker luck plays a role and Ock finds a way around his newfound constraints and in his arrogance goes back to his old life.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@innervenom123: Nice!!!! That would be interesting! But as a villain...

jumpstart55

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 14

I just want Peter Back.

JM3D

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone needs to finally discover what's going on, let everyone else know, have them try to reverse it with Ock going down swinging, and then have someone at the last minute say why what he's been doing in Spider-Man's name is wrong and something Spider-Man shouldn't ever do, maybe convincing Ock that he needs to let go. Then Peter's mind is brought back and all is right with the world.

I'd like to see Scarlet Spider have a role in this.

Superguy0009e

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

I want him to learn his lesson and then allow Peter to reclaim his body.

If he doesn't learn anything, than the entire series is for nothing.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@sog7dc said:

I want him to die andi want him to die painfully. I want his character to be removed for at least two years. and I want to read about peter

Agreed.

Avatar image for captain_oblivious
captain_oblivious

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@hazlenaut: Not really. What Ock's been doing can have long term repercussions for Peter, good and bad. He will have a doctorate (good) but still have the Parker luck (bad). He will have to accept the consequences done either by Ock to by him thinking he was Ock (whichever way they explain it). Ock is more confident which I would like to see in Parker. In Spider-Men, Parker tells Morales never to loan money to Wolverine or Mockingbird because they never pay him back. Even knowing this, I'm sure Parker knows this and allows himself to be a doormat. There's lessons for him to learn how to wield his great power responsibly and he needs to choose which methods to continue using and which to stop.

As for consequences for Ock- I'd like for him to be told how he's riding the coattails of spidey. All his work doesn't amount to the effect Parker has had on the people around him. No matter how much he tries and thinks himself superior, he will always be inferior to spidey.

Avatar image for mynamewasdeleted
MyNameWasDeleted

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Obviously Peter will realize that it has been him all along with an imprint of Doc Ock fused to his mind. He will thereafter need to continue to fight him (well, at least for the foreseeable future) and one day overcome this imprinted psyche to fully reclaim his body, but if he isn't on his guard 100% of the time Doc's imprint might again resurface to wreak havoc in Peter's life.

Avatar image for yung_ancient_one
Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

OTHER:

I want Doc Ock to realize that he has to bring Peter back and so he does but transfers his (ocks) Mind into a clone of himself. He should become the Superior Spider (no man) and be a hero for a long time until his arrogance makes him go back to his evil ways and he becomes Doc Ock yet again.

( + )

Avatar image for jaydarocknrolla
Jaydarocknrolla

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#29  Edited By Jaydarocknrolla

OTHER:

I want Doc Ock to realize that he has to bring Peter back and so he does but transfers his (ocks) Mind into a clone of himself. He should become the Superior Spider (no man) and be a hero for a long time until his arrogance makes him go back to his evil ways and he becomes Doc Ock yet again.

( + )

this... but I do want to see doc ock redeemed in the end and maybe stay a hero until the next marvel universe reboot 10yrs down the line.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By Phaedrusgr

@jaydarocknrolla: What's the point of redeeming all the classic villains? Magneto? I get it, if you've read the Secret Wars, you can see there was always something heroic and noble into him (he was always more of a misguided ideologist, than a villain). Kaine? - not a classic villain in a strict sense - Well, him becoming Scarlet Spider was a risky option, but you knew from "Grim Hunt", Kaine had a Parker heart/mentality deep down in him, so, yes, he deserved his redemption, and I must say, oh boy, I love Kaine as Scarlet Spider (Yost, you da man). But Doc Ock? Redeemed? Why? And how? Ok, in the question how, the answer is obvious, it's crap writing. But why? He was no ideologist. He's a murderous, egotistical b@$#@&d that killed Peter. He's still a villain pretending to be a better hero than his arch-enemy (Spider-man). I respect your opinion, but I can't say I'd like this outcome.

@yung_ancient_one: Well, that could be an option, but too many Spiders hoping around (Spider-man, Scarlet Spider, Venom)

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I hope logic prevails,and Peter regain the control of his body....now when?.....idk.

spider11211

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By spider11211

Slott and logic do not seem to go in the same sentence. Maybe if you used all caps.

jayskee

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#33  Edited By jayskee
Loading Video...

This with Hulk being Peter and Loki being Doc ock

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phaedrusgr: I wouldn't necessary want there to be 4 series (Venom, Scarlet Spider, Amazing Spider-Man, and Superior Spider) but I would like to have Peter Amazing Spider-Man team up or fight against Doc Ock in his Superior Spider costume.

On top of that doesn't DC have a slew of Bats? Batwing, Batgirl, Batwoman,& Batman not to mention Nightwing and Robin.

Everyone can have their own corner of the world Agent Venom in Philly, Spider-Man in NY, Kaine in Houston, and Superior can be in LA, Chicago, or maybe outside the US... London? Paris?

Would it be so bad to have 4 active spider characters in the Marvel U? or 5 if you count Myles. Besides I personally only want it for a little bit until Doc Ock gets arrogant and starts committing crimes again having Spidey stop him. At the end Otto throws away his costume and becomes Doc Ock again.

( + )

SheenLantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By SheenLantern

@ninjablade09 said:

@sog7dc said:

Agreed.

+3

I would also enjoy it if every 10 issues or so, it shows Ock being tortured horribly by Mephisto in hell.

Graizur

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Merge with Peter as a unified consciousness. The idea of the good guy winning OR losing is just so cliche. A unification of both characters into a NEW Peter Parker Spider-Man would be respectful of our investment.

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@yung_ancient_one: I think many fans dislike the fact there are too many bat (or bat related) characters. If you ask me, having many "clones" of the original idea simply ruins it. Peter, Kaine and Flash (at least for a while, don't know, if Marvel intends to keep him as Venom forever) can do the job. Hey, but that's just me. Perhaps, the majority of fans would like your idea. Don't know.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@phaedrusgr: Valid points and I too am curious if Marvel wants to keep Flash as Venom. It looks very much possible. I think it would be great. Brock become Red Venom aka Toxin and Flash has one of the best character developed stories as Agent Venom.

I for one would like to see Marvel have 4 spider related characters for a while but not forever. I truly believe Otto should return to be Doc Ock. Doc Ock is a classic.

Again I think it would be fun for a while

The Original Spider-Man

The Soldier Spiderish Man

The Vigilante Spider-Man

and The Mad Scientist Spider-Man

However, in reality I don't think Marvel will do it. That's why they're taking advantage of the possible stories for a Mad Scientist Spider-Man. I personally enjoy Superior Spider-Man. I really want to buy it to see the full story buttah. I'll wait still Peter comes back. Taking one for the team.

Good Convo though. Hopefully I'll see you around the Vine more. PEACE

( + )

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: I thought people liked him. In the first appearance i Liked him... whats so bad about him??? (well before they ruined him now)

Doc Ock is an egotistic manic that always pushes spider-man to use his brain. Trying use him as a hero is stupid, as it contradicts everything about his characterization.

lykopis

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I want him to learn his lesson and then allow Peter to reclaim his body.

If he doesn't learn anything, than the entire series is for nothing.

This makes the most sense.

Hazlenaut

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 14

User Lists: 11

#42  Edited By Hazlenaut

Sorry people I do not agree for your selfish gratification. This is a lesson that Peter needs the most. Learning to let go and this is the biggest one of all. We seen Wolverine went to hell now it is Spiderman in heaven. Do not pull a Willow people.

Think about it the writers messed Spiderman feeling that he can take it but there were a few events that messed him too much. He does not even know if actually he is the real Peter. He made deal with someone that would endanger all his family in order save someone. He found that his true love may have had an affair with his arch enemy Norman Osborn the same person responsible for her death. He then set up the two children that he aged to kill him. Furthermore Norman became head of shield. He went against everything he stands for and literally made a deal with the dam Devil.

Those moments are there to stay no matter how much you try to deny it. I feel the only way that he can get better if the cosmic forces of Marvel’s God have talk with him. He needs a rest. It also mean means we will get a new spidey when he does comeback that he will be enlighten from his time in heaven. that mean it will not be the same Pete any way

krspaceT

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

#43  Edited By krspaceT

Mary Jane regains her full memories and gains spider powers along with a revived Gwen Stacey. Together they manage to find Peter's memories and use one of the clones to give Peter a body, then expose Ock publically, said Ock then leaving to reinvent himself as the big hero of Milwaukee.

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#44  Edited By fodigg

I want him to survive, but exposed for what he is and trying to carry on being the "better hero" in his own skin, in hiding.

Yung ANcient One

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By Yung ANcient One

@geekbait said:

@yung_ancient_one: Or Peter could somehow get into a cloned body of himself and fight against SpOck, basically killing "himself" in the process. That'd actually be rather interesting.

That would be kind of cool too. At least I'll get a Spider-Man Vs Superior Spider match. ( + )

TrueMoonchilde

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This. I'm sick of the way Ock has been written under Slott. He use to be an interesting villain, now he's as difficult to take serious as Rulk. Not only do I hope he gets killed off when Peter returns, but I hope in twenty years the saying will be "No one stays dead in comics except Uncle Ben and Dr. Octopus" as I don't ever want to read another story with that character in it.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I don't necessarily want Octavius to die, because I think he's a great character, but I DO want Peter back in his own body. Maybe Dock Ock could return as an antihero?

Icewolf907

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I know most people would hate this idea, but I would go with another (differently named) BND.

Norman Osborn (not the Goblin King) arrives and immediately reveals he knows SpOck is Peter and later based on SpOck's actions figures out Ock is controlling Peter's body. He then threatens to take away everything Ock cares about unless he returns his only true rival Peter (as part of his drive to be the one to kill Peter Parker). Norman starts by using hijacked spider-bots to blow up Ock's tutor, Aunt May, and JJJ Sr. SpOck responds by secluding himself in order to build something to beat Norman with. During that time Norman approaches JJJ Jr. in order to reveal SpOck is Peter being controlled by Ock, blaming the spider-bot bombings on SpOck. JJJ Jr. makes a public announcement revealing all this, resulting in every super in Manhatten looking for SpOck and his brand new doctorate being revoked. Mayhem ensues as SpOck is beaten and foiled at every turn.

In desperation SpOck decides to do something that he believes Peter would never do and tries to make a deal with Mephisto to undo it all. SpOck makes a degrading comment about magic being misunderstood science that he could have mastered long ago if he ever bothered and assures himself he can trick Mephisto and everything will turn out perfectly. Mephisto refuses his first few offers as they heavily favor SpOck. Mephisto finally agrees to undo everything under the conditions that Ock never entered Peter's body, Ock is no longer dieing from his brain injuries, Ock is allowed to keep his memories from his time as SpOck, and Mephisto gets Ock's soul when he dies (not that Ock believes in such things). Wish granted, Mephisto reveals he undid it all by having Ock run over by a car at age 5.

New world with many new things (explained in a special issue of Journey into Mystery), for example it is revealed Ock stole the idea for the Sinister Six from Smythe, who instead created the Spider Slayers - not limited to 6, with an ever changing membership which Smythe genetically modifies to make stronger, which results in stronger villains and a stronger spider-man. Final revelation by Mephisto is finally things are going according to plan again foreshadowing to future events.

That's just what I'd like to see happen.

Bystander

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

After that look on his face after him killing Peter permanently, I want him to get another body (with Parker finally returning himself his property), then get Ock castrated (so that he doesn't look after MJ or Felicia anymore), then castrated again (don't know how but still) and then receive an anvil on his head that he treats as the greatest one on earth!

Darklexeus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I just want Ock to redeem himself without having to let himself die as I enjoy him as a character.