What do you think would make a good Spodey game ?

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

What do you think ? I think take Web of Shadows throw in some good side missions and ASM tipe stealth and level design add in a cool story and good voice acting and here is Spiderman Arkham(or whatever).

Avatar image for pietromaximoffistheman
PietroMaximoffIsTheMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think a they should make a game based loosely based on Millar's Marvel Knights Spider-Man. Somebody kidnapped Aunt May, and you have to fight various villains, some related to the kidnap and some not, while gaining more clues and knowledge that point to who did it.

nightwing817

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Just make a game that is exactly like free roam spidey 2 with random missions, but instead of petty stuff make them interesting like bank robberies, car chases, and throw in some super villain fights every once in a while. I'd play that forever

deaditegonzo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The Spider-Man PC game was amazing, as was the Ultimate Spider-man game.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I need a sequel to web of shadows, the combat engine too good to left for one game.

Experio

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Web of Shadows 2.

PaperDemon

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

@geekbait said:
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

Enhanced remakes, please!

agreed

DarthTanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The difficult thing about Spider Man video games is that he is so fast, and in game it very often translates to very large movements (web swinging, super high jumps), and it works for going about the city from one place to another, but for close combat and closed environments, the result is weird (noticed how every inside location in a spider man video game has a ceiling about 30 feet above ground)...

For a perfect Spidey game, they should find a way to balance between open city exploration and smaller scale movements.

'nuff said

AdamAnouer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By AdamAnouer

So far the very best ones in terms of story and honesty to the comics were the PS1 Titles and Shattered Dimensions which also had brilliant dialogue and great acting aswell as loads of unlockables. Spider-Man 2 was the most entertaining for a free roamer because it just felt so...free flowing it was impossible not to enjoy whereas 3 felt it was trying to make itself immersive and more dramatic but kinda didn't pull it off right.

So essentially what I'm saying is I'd love a Spider-Man game which sticks to what Spider-Man is all about (Comic-Cartoonwise) but if you're going to expand on it as a free roamer introduce team-ups and relationship building stuff with characters like Black Cat, MJ or whoever else is interesting (though hopefully nothing like in Web of Shadows).

EDIT: Oh and a good camera.

Precise

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

The difficult thing about Spider Man video games is that he is so fast, and in game it very often translates to very large movements (web swinging, super high jumps), and it works for going about the city from one place to another, but for close combat and closed environments, the result is weird (noticed how every inside location in a spider man video game has a ceiling about 30 feet above ground)...

For a perfect Spidey game, they should find a way to balance between open city exploration and smaller scale movements.

'nuff said

I have to agree with this :)

Avatar image for captaintightpants12
CaptainTightpants12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

Planet of the Symbiotes.

You'd have an open-world because it's a city(or planet)-wide problem. Be able to play as Spidey, Scarlet Spider, Venom, maybe even Mary Jane. Tons of potential mini-bosses that lead up to Carnage. Tons of side-missions with the various civilian problems that would be caused by being overrun by symbiotes and people possessed by them. It would make for an awesome game.

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

check out @ninjablade09, he wrote an epic blog about what we need in a spidey game

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#15  Edited By Strider1992

Co-Op!!!!!

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Co-op^ like the guy above me said.But I'd also like a Strong story with a strong dialogue.The one thing I love about TAMS games are the stealth and you actually feel like Spider-man IMO and the Arkham styled stealth.In The Amazing Spider-man 2 you can go in the sewers and you stealthy take out all the guys stealthy.I want a Spider-man game similar are with better combat than the Arkham games and thats pretty much it and a variety of costumes aswell.But not just with the bonuses but that actually changes the combat style according to costume.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Co-op^ like the guy above me said.But I'd also like a Strong story with a strong dialogue.The one thing I love about TAMS games are the stealth and you actually feel like Spider-man IMO and the Arkham styled stealth.In The Amazing Spider-man 2 you can go in the sewers and you stealthy take out all the guys stealthy.I want a Spider-man game similar are with better combat than the Arkham games and thats pretty much it and a variety of costumes aswell.But not just with the bonuses but that actually changes the combat style according to costume.

fix the stealth. while they TIRED to do it, when a guy sees me plain as day on hard mode, i simply step around the corner and he calms down and forgets about me? Really? the AI was so broken. 2 guys are literally 2 ft appart i take one out while he is making a sound and the other doesn't notice his buddy is missing?

fix the ai, and have a story that makes sense, don't just jump from one thing to another because you have to make the game seem longer than it is.

i loved swinging in pretty much all the games.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By flameboy298

@w0nd: Yeah the game does have a ton of bugs and glitches but it still fun nontheless I'd like to see more games like it.Funny how Spider-man is the only Marvel character that has games that come out for him

Avatar image for deactivated-5edd330f57b65
deactivated-5edd330f57b65

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'd love a good Spodey game.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

oh yeah also don't use that voice actor from the amazing spider-man games. They literally have every spider-man voice actor at their disposal, and they picked him....why because he was the cheapest? Well it shows

Avatar image for deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79
deactivated-5d2b83d5a0d79

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Spodey's Revenge was pretty good.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By flameboy298

@w0nd: He is so cringeworthy at times I definitely agree.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flameboy298: I am using scarlet spider's suit right now and i feel so badass, and then he opens his mouth and i let out a sigh lol

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Dude the jokes are so fucking stupid,The game is fun and it has its own flaws like any other game but this game really feels like its targeted at kids with all the horrible jokes

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Dude the jokes are so fucking stupid,The game is fun and it has its own flaws like any other game but this game really feels like its targeted at kids with all the horrible jokes

oh there is something i want. In games like, infamous or batman, he says his ONE LINER, at a certain part of the game and moves on, he doesn't repeat the same one 50000 times. I really like games where in game dialogue is set up for specific parts, not just random parts. I was doing a stealth mission and he said something abotu webbing jjs butt to his chair. ruined the whole mysterious stealth portion for me .

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No more awful stealth sections, especially if they're mandatory. Seriously, if you're not going to make the stealth fun, don't put it in every single Spider-man game that comes out.

flameboy298

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By flameboy298

@vegandiet: Agreed Stealth should be optional and a option to change how the story ends depending on how I take down every enemy.

Tyger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Sequel to Web of Shadows. Full on Evil ending. You play as an alternate reality / clone Spider-Man called to help clean up Emperor Spider-Man's symbiote invasion. Unlock Symbiote Wolverine for second playthrough.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No more awful stealth sections, especially if they're mandatory. Seriously, if you're not going to make the stealth fun, don't put it in every single Spider-man game that comes out.

was so broken, especially when trying to unlock a costume in the amazing spider man 2. Th eonly way to get it is to stealth take down everyone in the room. I took down everyone except one guys so i figured id just beat him to DEATH. NOPE once he sees you he alarms......who? some one! because the mission failed even though he was the only one left in the room...

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: Seriously, ASM 2's stealth is just absolutely the worst.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegandiet: Glad you agree. Idk how people can praise the stealth in this game or compare it to batman, mgs or any other game for that matter

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: I mean they had a somewhat enjoyable stealth system in place from the first game. It was by no means close to being as fun as any of the Batman games, but it was at least playable.

Then, for no reason, they removed everything that made the first game's stealth actually work. No targeting area, no web retreat, a spider sense that makes it impossible to actually see. Like, I can't fathom how they thought removing those things would make the stealth better.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@vegandiet: is there a targetting system/ targetting swap on the ps4? i found myself having to just rotate my whole body to change the enemy i was looking at, instead of putting r3 or l3 or something

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@w0nd: No idea. Mine's on the 360. And I was more talking about how they had taken away the purple "stealth takedown" circle that was in the first game.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

frozenedge2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

Free roam should almost always be necessary in a Spider-Man game. Certain characters work better when players are given the chance to just run around with them and do crap. Spider-Man 2 till this day is my favorite simply because of that and there was always things to do even after you finished the main story.

Spiderman1997

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about having more characters to play like idk Wolverine or Black Cat ?

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

How about having more characters to play like idk Wolverine or Black Cat ?

black cat yes, wolverine no, i mean he shouldn't be playable in a spidey game, how about the prowler

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

#40  Edited By I_NEED_A_HORSE

Uh, yeah I know how we can get a good Spider-Man game. Kick Beenox the f#@k off and let another developer that is competent enough to make a good Spider-Man game for once. Problem solved. BEENOX IS GARBAGE AND A DISGRACE TO THE COMICS AND VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY.

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By w0nd

Uh, yeah I know how we can get a good Spider-Man game. Kick Beenox the f#@k off and let another developer that is competent enough to make a good Spider-Man game for once. Problem solved. BEENOX IS GARBAGE AND A DISGRACE TO THE COMICS AND VIDEO GAME INDUSTRY.

i would have argued with you but, after shattered dimensions which i may be one of the only few who liked it, they went down hill. edge of time was shattered dimension cut in half, taking place in one building that was what? 4 billion stories high or something? and spider-man 2 on ps4 was just....just...ugh. like 4 hours with a wacky story. it wouldn't be so bad but watching them praise their work in interviews is just insanity

I_NEED_A_HORSE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 8

@w0nd, yeah edge of time and Amazing Spider-Man 2 were pieces of sh!t. Beenox are sh!t and don't deserve to be working with Spider-Man.

Cloakx14

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

#43  Edited By Cloakx14

i want a venom game that would be awesome or a co-op with spidey and venom.