Venom Movie To Feature Flash Thompson Instead Of Eddie Brock?

• 59 results
Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 8

#1  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

I'm not entirely sure about this, but it would make sense if they're going to distance the Venom movie from Spider-Man. Besides, while I love Brock as Venom, Flash has been a great Venom and I've been loving his series so it's kinda hard to pick

Duke_Nasty

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Duke_Nasty

I don't like this.

r3d_rob1n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

#3  Edited By r3d_rob1n

I think an Agent Venom movie would be really cool. However, they would need to feature the symbiote in the new Spidey series first.

the_tree

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

User Lists: 14

#4  Edited By the_tree

I'd like for the movies to keep some sort of line of continuity from the comics, so I'd prefer to at least have Brock come first.

@r3d_rob1n said:

I think an Agent Venom movie would be really cool. However, they would need to feature the symbiote in the new Spidey series first.

I also agree with this.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#5  Edited By Strider1992

As long as we get Brock in the ASM franchise I don't mind who's in the solo. I also think Venom should be introduced into ASM before the solo film.

sky-pirate

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By sky-pirate

No, thanks. Let's stick with Eddie.

X35

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 163

#7  Edited By X35

Anybody who would want to go and watch Lethal Protector film over Agent Venom film deserve to be disappointed.

At least if it's a Flash film, then we don't have some crappy excuse to kill off Flash and slap the symbiote back onto Eddie.

Avatar image for smart_dork_dude
Smart_Dork_Dude

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8  Edited By Smart_Dork_Dude

@X35 said:

Anybody who would want to go and watch Lethal Protector film over Agent Venom film deserve to be disappointed.

At least if it's a Flash film, then we don't have some crappy excuse to kill off Flash and slap the symbiote back onto Eddie.

I highly believe that Venom will be the next villain, but with someone like Electro or someone like a crime boss as the big villain. Venom would be more than capable of holding his own as the main and only villain, but since we probably won't get much set up for him in this movie he'd need to at least become Venom half way through the second one which means you'd need another villain to fill the spot until he's got the symbiote. I think they COULD have a Venom movie with Flash as Venom before Eddie and the symbiote shows up in the new movies, if they do it like this.

Have Amazing Spider-Man 2 be a prequel to the Venom movie. In the Venom movie have references to Eddie Brock and Spider-Man, but not anything too big. In ASM2 show Eddie getting the symbiote, trying to kill Spidey, but loses the symbiote and it makes its way to Flash Thompson. It's not perfect, but it's the best I can think of. And if they do go with Eddie as the main character in the movie, the same thing could happen, just keep Spider-Man as a background idea. Keep things in the dark about how he got the symbiote and things like that and play Venom like a monster in the shadows.

Video_Martian

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By Video_Martian

No Flash. Eddie please.

SpideyFan113

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By SpideyFan113

I think in an effort to make fans happy, they'll stick with Eddie. I hope so, I want classic Venom. I've still mind boggled why Eddie had to quit being Venom anyway. Why can't classic villians stay classic? I'm crossing my fingers that its Eddie. Pleeease be Eddie. And of course Pete will have to wear the suit first before Eddie does, so yeah.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#12  Edited By joshmightbe

Maybe it'd work if the do a new Spiderman movie with Eddie as the villain first then move on to Flash

Smallville93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#13  Edited By Smallville93

Am I the only one who believes that flash wearing a spidey shirt at the end of the amazing spider man movie was kind of a clue?

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Tyrus

@Smallville93: It was just a clue for him being a fan of Spider-Man like in the comics.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15  Edited By Strider1992

@Tyrus said:

@Smallville93: It was just a clue for him being a fan of Spider-Man like in the comics.

While I don't think the T-shirt was a clue at all (as Flash was a Spidey fan-boy) the bigger clue was the fact that at the end of the film they were basically friends. This never happened in the comics until a long time after and Pete had left College. If you ask me this was their way of making sure we don't hate Flash as a character because lets be honest Flash was an a$$hole until he got a lot older. So imo this was their way of getting us to like him. Make him see the error of his ways etc.... Which sucks as I think Eddie should appear as Venom in Amazing Spider-man before Flash becomes Venom.

clemj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

#16  Edited By clemj

hahahahahahaha I really believed it at first...what? it's not a joke?

Deadcool

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 35

#17  Edited By Deadcool

I don't want Venom in this new trilogy, I want darker characters, lesser known, like the Jackal or Kraven

I want this new trilogy to be arround genetics.

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#18  Edited By Tyrus

@Strider92: One quess, is that they're making Flash friends with Peter so they can add that drama to a possible Venom spin-off featuring Flash... I know Flash became Venom only as recent, but there have been serious talks about starting with him instead of Eddie Brock, and not to mention hints from Avi Arad.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#19  Edited By Strider1992

@Tyrus said:

@Strider92: One quess, is that they're making Flash friends with Peter so they can add that drama to a possible Venom spin-off featuring Flash... I know Flash became Venom only as recent, but there have been serious talks about starting with him instead of Eddie Brock, and not to mention hints from Avi Arad.

That is my impression yes. This is just speculation on my part but making Flash Peter's friend seems to be a big hint thats where they are heading. Which would suck if Brock doesn't appear first.

Avatar image for spideyivydaredevilfan26
SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 41

I will rest my case that this is probably fake...But if the symbiote is in the new trilogy, then I would LOVE to see an Agent Venom movie! Seriously, that's one of like the top 5 superhero films that NEED to be made! WHat are you waiting for Marvel? Make this happen!

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

#21  Edited By jobiwankenobi

I don't really like the idea of the Venom movie. I don't like Venom as a hero. If Flash is going to be the Venom then all the worse. I hate it when the symbiotes get different hosts. To me, Venom will always be Eddie Brock, and he will always be a villian who has no other desire than to make Peter Parker suffer.

Smallville93

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#22  Edited By Smallville93

@Tyrus haha yeah, i remembered that 5 seconds after posting

Tyrus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#23  Edited By Tyrus

@SpideyIvyDaredevilFan26: I actually think starting with Agent Venom would be a good idea - BUT, then you'd have to re-think, because how can Flash be "Agent" Venom if he's still in High School? Will he be a young-symbiote-infected version of Jason Bourne? These are the sorts of things Sony has to be careful with...

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By Strider1992

No it won't be Flash. The producers (Arad and Tolmach) already confirmed its Eddie Brock in the suit:

“It’s an Eddie Brock story. We want to be as close to the comics as possible [and] make the huge amazing movie about Eddie…He was a journalist. He had the wrong story, he got in trouble for it, he got fired. The whole essence to us for the Marvel characters is stay close to the bible, stay close to the emotional story, and the rest is fun.”
Avatar image for guardiandevil83
Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#25  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@jobiwankenobi:

But wouldnt the host eventually die? Symbiote's are practically parasites. So Eventually after using up Brock it would need a host to insure survival. It's not like the suit kept Eddie from getting old.

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

#26  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator

The producers have already said the Venom will will be Eddie's story.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#27  Edited By Strider1992

@Guardiandevil83: I believe in one of the Venom arcs it was explained that the Venom symbiote was different from is brethren and sought to bond with its hosts rather than devour them. Hence why its own kind banished it because they thought it was sick/broken.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#28  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@Strider92 said:

@Guardiandevil83: I believe in one of the Venom arcs it was explained that the Venom symbiote was different from is brethren and sought to bond with its hosts rather than devour them. Hence why its own kind banished it because they thought it was sick/broken.

Well that would explain all the damn living suit aliens running around. lol

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

#29  Edited By fodigg

@Smart_Dork_Dude said:

I'm not entirely sure about this, but it would make sense if they're going to distance the Venom movie from Spider-Man. Besides, while I love Brock as Venom, Flash has been a great Venom and I've been loving his series so it's kinda hard to pick

This would be unequivocally awesome. They can skip eddie pretty easily. Just do a year time-jump where Flash got injured in the military and Brock had the suit briefly, and then run with it from there, with Agent Venom and Brock as the "van helsing of symbiotes" trying to kill both venom and Carnage, the films official villain. I would watch the hell outta that. Flash-Venom is a great character and I liked what they did with Flash in TAS. Why not do this?

k4tzm4n

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#30  Edited By k4tzm4n  Moderator
Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#31  Edited By Strider1992
fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#32  Edited By fodigg

@Strider92 said:

@Tyrus said:

While I don't think the T-shirt was a clue at all (as Flash was a Spidey fan-boy) the bigger clue was the fact that at the end of the film they were basically friends. This never happened in the comics until a long time after and Pete had left College.

That's not necessarily true. While they were in college, Flash and Pete were part of the same circle of friends, even if they weren't close 1-on-1 friends yet. But when Flash announced he was leaving to join the military Pete was at the same party congratulating him with everyone else (though distracted by villainous shenanigans as usual).

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Strider1992

@fodigg: I still don't remember them becoming friends until after that though. Heck I remember after Thompson came back from the army after losing the use of his legs he and Pete were still pretty iffy with one another.

Mega_spidey01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#34  Edited By Mega_spidey01

@Strider92 said:

As long as we get Brock in the ASM franchise I don't mind who's in the solo. I also think Venom should be introduced into ASM before the solo film.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#35  Edited By BaBaBoom

A movie featuring Spiderman vs. Venom (Eddie Brock) first then they should have a teaser showing that the government has the symbiote at the end of the credits Avengers style. They should also hint/show that Flash Thompson joined the army and lost both his legs.

Sleepwalker570

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#36  Edited By Sleepwalker570

Flash has always been a Spider-Man fan. Him wearing the shirt at the end seemed to be more of a throwback to that. Remember how he dressed up as Spider-Man once and was kidnapped as he was mistaken for the real Spider-Man?

As far as the whole "Eddie v Flash" debate goes, I have to side with Flash. The military training and tactical take on the suit are things I enjoy about Flash's Venom. Flash has his demons but has a sense of honor and is committed to controlling the suit and using it for good. Eddie's psychotic stint as Venom yo-yo'd all over the place, even with his "Lethal Protector" time in mind he was still very unstable. And now he's running around crazy as the "Anti-Venom"? Oy.

Can we agree that we'd like to see Venom in the movie as long as it's not Mac Gargan (Scorpion) in the suit?!

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By BaBaBoom

@Strider92 said:

What Venom arc did this happen? I want to read it. It sounds interesting.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#38  Edited By Strider1992

@BaBaBoom: I think it may have been "Planet Of The Symbiotes":

It was about Spider-man, Scarlet Spider and Venom going up against a ton of symbiotes. I'm pretty sure the reference was in there.

BaBaBoom

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#39  Edited By BaBaBoom

@Strider92: thanks

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#40  Edited By fodigg

@Strider92 said:

@fodigg: I still don't remember them becoming friends until after that though. Heck I remember after Thompson came back from the army after losing the use of his legs he and Pete were still pretty iffy with one another.

Really? I took that as being standoffish over his injury. Their relationship has had multiple ups and downs. Remember when they were both high school teachers and Flash had his memory partially erased, meaning he went back to being a bully? Yet they bounced back from that and that was before Flash joined the military (for the first time for the second time).

If I had to peg an exact moment their friendship fully developed I'd put it on their boxing match, which would've been during or right after college, I can't remember off the top of my head. I feel like the TAS film did this with the basketball confrontation. In both cases, it was a matter of Pete pushing back and throwing some of his strength around to get Flash to back off and respect him physically, followed by a more emotional reconciliation once the cycle of bullying was broken.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#41  Edited By Strider1992

@fodigg: You've got me wondering as well now i'll have to dig through my comics and find out!

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@Guardiandevil83: I'm not used to prolonged storyarcs. I never thought about a host getting too old or a symbiote having adverse effects on them. I'm used to Venom popping up and trying to kill Spider-Man every now and then until the story is done. I guess I don't like the idea because I'm not used to it.

jobiwankenobi

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#43  Edited By jobiwankenobi

@BaBaBoom said:

A movie featuring Spiderman vs. Venom (Eddie Brock) first then they should have a teaser at the showing that the government has the symbiote at the end of the credits Avengers style. They should also hint/show that Flash Thompson joined the army an lost both his legs.

That would be pretty cool.

Guardiandevil83

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#44  Edited By Guardiandevil83

@jobiwankenobi said:

@Guardiandevil83: I'm not used to prolonged storyarcs. I never thought about a host getting too old or a symbiote having adverse effects on them. I'm used to Venom popping up and trying to kill Spider-Man every now and then until the story is done. I guess I don't like the idea because I'm not used to it.

It's just that things change. The newer generation needs their Venom too. lol

fodigg

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#45  Edited By fodigg

@Strider92 said:

@fodigg: You've got me wondering as well now i'll have to dig through my comics and find out!

If you find it please let me know! I'm just going by memory here as well, and Thor knows it's failed me before.

Avatar image for haydenclaireheroes
haydenclaireheroes

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1207

User Lists: 14

I would like to see Flash as Venom in a movie. Especially if it is going to be a sequel or spin off to the Amazing Spider man movie since Flash had a part in the movie

TheAnnihilator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

#47  Edited By TheAnnihilator

@haydenclaireheroes said:

I would like to see Flash as Venom in a movie. Especially if it is going to be a sequel or spin off to the Amazing Spider man movie since Flash had a part in the movie

Me too.

Flash is the best Venom, in my opinion, and the only one who could carry a movie.

Replicant0658

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#48  Edited By Replicant0658

@TheAcidSkull said:

as much as i like flash, he is just Venom, but he is Not THE VENOM, flash may bring a different role to the character but he will not be that imperfect reflection of spider-man, Eddie brock IS VENOM, end of story

This.

wearevenom87

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

NOOOO!!!! Brock would be a MUCH better character than flash. Flash is a cool character but not a cool venom. I hope it's Brock instead of flash.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Doesn't seem like a good idea until the classic story is done. But Flash is a pretty badass Venom, so it could definitely work.