inferiorego

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 324

User Lists: 12

Edited By inferiorego  Staff
No Caption Provided

Recently, there were rumors spreading around the net that both Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley, the writers of the Vacation sequel, were writing the upcoming Spider-Man reboot for Sony. In an interview with NPR, the two confirmed their role in the film.

"We can finally acknowledge that" said Daley. "He's a sharp kid and witty and kind of deals with the fact that he's an outcast and a geek through humor. It is sort of the safety net for geeks like us, so I think we can totally relate to where he's coming from. As well as the superpowers, which we also have."

Expect Peter Parker to have that witty sense of humor that fans love from the comic books.The next Spider-Man film is expected to hit theaters in July of 2017.

dan12456

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I haven't liked a single personnel decision on this movie yet.

Avatar image for knightsofdarkness2
Knightsofdarkness2

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

I'm really hoping this film doesn't end being a full blown comedy and PLEASE let this movie have a good villain.

Black_Arrow

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like this.

Avatar image for fallschirmjager
Fallschirmjager

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 32

User Lists: 16

Can't wait till everyone is begging to go back to the old franchise. It will be delicious

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 4

And here is everyone's weekly reminder that the most notable work done by the Russo brothers prior to Captain America: TWS was episodes of Community.

Can't wait till everyone is begging to go back to the old franchise. It will be delicious

Lol don't count on it.

DD208

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

#6  Edited By DD208

Why not, the writers on the last two were on vacation.

Avatar image for BappyRonChantin
BappyRonChantin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@dan12456 said:

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I don't like this.

What part don't you like? The whole witty humor thing, or just the whole reboot in general?

Devbob98

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Vacation looks awful, not optimistic.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

I'm just waiting.

I'm 50/50 on every decision they've made so far.....
Dazzle me, Marvel.

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

im partially mindblown by the fact that people don't expect/want the spiderman movie to be funny. if there was any character in the MCU that should have a comedy-ish movie its peter frickin parker. I just want spidey to be young, naïve, and apart of the universe. I want to see him freak out when he meets Cap or have geeky science chatter with banner and stark... I want what pete used to be in this movie, not what hes become

Flicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

RavenVice01

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 86

This reboot is gonna suck if the Vacation writers r writing this John Hughes version of spidey. At least Marisa Tomei will make Aunt May look hot.

Spidey_Jackson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By Spidey_Jackson

I gotta keep hope for my man Spidey.

Beata

the_stegman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#15 the_stegman  Moderator

All I can do is wait and see.

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@flicker said:

@drellassassin: but Community is awesome! :)

My point being that Community is completely opposite of TWS in so many ways. Just because the Vacation writers are writing this doesn't mean that the Spider-Man film will in any way be like their previous work.

Flicker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@drellassassin: point noted. I don't know enough of these writers work to criticize the decision. I absolutely loved the work the Russo brothers did on Community so I was pulling for them to get the opportunity to do TWS and in the future with Infinity Gauntlet.

I'm just at a point of Spider-Man fatigue but that's a conversation for another thread.

Avatar image for stmichalofwilson
StMichalofWilson

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 107

This will be interesting

BubbaDuke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm so excited for Spider-man in the avengers.

Really curious as to how the reboot will go though, especially considering Sony's Spider-man is still happening

DrellAssassin

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i'm so excited for Spider-man in the avengers.

Really curious as to how the reboot will go though, especially considering Sony's Spider-man is still happening

Sony's Spider-Man is not happening. This new reboot is a partnership between them and Marvel.

Avatar image for superior_prime_maybe
superior_prime_maybe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

John Francis Daley has done some really awful work in past. He is an awful choice IMO. Especially for something that requires character driver story and a perfectly realized universe.

BlueJay2324

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@knightsofdarkness2 said:

I'm really hoping this film doesn't end being a full blown comedy and PLEASE let this movie have a good villain.

That's one of the things I'm worried about as well. But to be honest, I'm not sure how they'll be able to do that in one movie. The great thing is this won't be the first time we see THIS Spider-Man, so hopefully they'll focus on fleshing out his part of New York a bit while connecting him to the MCU. Doing some quality fast-tracking on Spidey we'll hopefully get some prime development for the villain that's handled better than just "he went crazy and Spider-Man just happened to be around."

Avatar image for amazing_webhead
amazing_webhead

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

User Lists: 20

1. he cracked plenty of jokes in the Webb films
  2. everything else i've heard that these guys did is s#!t
MultipleMan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I love spiderman but I got spidey fatigue at this point, and this news doesn't help.

Avatar image for amazingspiderdan
AmazingSpiderDan

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@dan12456 said:

skyroid

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

Vacation is awful

Avatar image for madeinbangladesh
MadeinBangladesh

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 59

User Lists: 172

Can't wait

~MiB

AbdullahZubair

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I actually enjoyed the previous movies, the asm2 was even successful, they were owing to make a whole universe around it but......

I don't want to see a spiderman that wasn't able to save the world due too a curfue!!!

Thor-Parker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 3

I don´t know what to think about this.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Wut

KritikalMassX

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 10

For those who consider this a dark cloud, let's look at the silver lining, people...Spidey's in the MCU. I'll just see what the Vacation writers will do.

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By magnetic_eye

Vacation is a CRAP movie. Jonathan Goldstein and John Francis Daley are crass comedy writers and the emphasis on Spidey's humor is such a fallacy. Spider-Man is so much more than just light-hearted witty humor.

I was really optimistic and excited for this movie but not so much any more. I do however trust MARVEL STUDIOS as I much prefer their films over the Sony and Fox counterfeits.

The way I see it, things started going down hill the moment they picked Tom Holland over Charlie Rowe.

donmeca2020

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

all the spider-man movies that have came out so far have been just ok....... let's see if this will be another flop or what.

Avatar image for blackspidey2099
blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

im partially mindblown by the fact that people don't expect/want the spiderman movie to be funny. if there was any character in the MCU that should have a comedy-ish movie its peter frickin parker. I just want spidey to be young, naïve, and apart of the universe. I want to see him freak out when he meets Cap or have geeky science chatter with banner and stark... I want what pete used to be in this movie, not what hes become

That is the opposite of what I want. I want the movie to tackle a large and serious threat (preferably with an adult Spidey) where Spidey is the beacon of joy and wit in an otherwise serious world (or even if the rest is just generally like MCU, but Spidey is more witty). I want Spidey to be an experienced and one of the more powerful heroes and I want him to be the smartest hero in the movie, as he is in the comics. I want Spidey as he is now, and has been for most of his life as a character, not what he used to be for a small fraction of his history.

webling

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

Why not, the writers on the last two were on vacation.

No Caption Provided

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider fans just can't decide what they want anymore, they hated the serious shy flower Peter, they hated the witty yet love sick peter, now they complain about Peter being too optimisticm, witty, and actually fun to see.

Spider-Man IMO was never really a character I took seriously, he's a flamboyant, silly, goofball nerd acrobat wearing spider clown pjs and acting like he's the most miserable guy on earth, he's a punchline and looks even more silly when dealing with angst and tragedy. Otherwise he lightens the mood as a general rule of his existence, he would totally lose the one thing he's unique at otherwise. Being a comedic take on Superman and a foil to Batman. This is why I hate Deadpool, he's taking what Spidey has established himself as over the other heroes.

If you guys want a serious story about a struggling superhero that deals with angst, tragedy, and hardships and actually look fitting for those story elements, read Daredevil.

Prospero_Locke

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: well the only reason i would really like a younger spiderman in the MCU has alot to do with how old the rest of the team already is, and the fact that there are 5 movies with a 20ish peter parker that is somewhat a beacon of hope for his community. some of my favorite spiderman moments are when we as the reader are reminded that he is younger than most of the other heroes. like in civil war when he refuses to truly fight cap because he looks up to him so much. i am not going to be upset with anything that they throw out as long as spiderman has his humor and is relatable.

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@blackspidey2099: well the only reason i would really like a younger spiderman in the MCU has alot to do with how old the rest of the team already is, and the fact that there are 5 movies with a 20ish peter parker that is somewhat a beacon of hope for his community. some of my favorite spiderman moments are when we as the reader are reminded that he is younger than most of the other heroes. like in civil war when he refuses to truly fight cap because he looks up to him so much. i am not going to be upset with anything that they throw out as long as spiderman has his humor and is relatable.

I do agree that a younger Peter does have a more interesting character dynamic in the MCU due to his different age, but since we have got 5 movies about young peter already, I really want adult Peter to get his turn.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young Peter, is like the only thing that matches the character in essence, he's a learning concept, not a pinnacle.

Oboga

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

A Spiderman reboot. What!? This has never happened before! This is earth-shattering! What an unprecedented event!

/Sarcasm

Zarius

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By Zarius

@jimishim12 said:

Young Peter, is like the only thing that matches the character in essence

Anyone with a legit knowledge of Spidey history will tell you it is'nt.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius said:
@jimishim12 said:

Young Peter, is like the only thing that matches the character in essence

Anyone with a legit knowledge of Spidey history will tell you it is'nt.

Mature Peter Parker is a oxymoron in itself, even you have to admit, Peter post clone wars made no sense in how he was written and was soley too co dependent on others.

Fu-Dog007

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm sure there's a "if i had a penny" joke somewhere that fits this.

And also, is it me, or does it seem like A LOT of comedy writers/directors are working on CB Films (especially Marvel)?

blackspidey2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Young Peter, is like the only thing that matches the character in essence, he's a learning concept, not a pinnacle.

Please, go read a Spidey comic. Young Peter is the most boring version of the character by far.

Avatar image for the_impersonator
The Impersonator

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

User Lists: 50

Spider-Man needs a vacation. Oh, wait...He's just joined the MCU. :P

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I'm still excited and positive for this flim.

Linestar

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

What? Why? Seriously, they had the people who wrote a sub-par comedy movie write a spiderman movie? WhY does marvel hate spiderman so much...

@knightsofdarkness2: Who did you have in mind? I always thought Chameleon could be a cool hero, dangerous not for brute force but for his infiltration and masterminding skills. Some other good'ns could be Kraven, Venom (done right, not that wimpy kid from That 70's show, like Channing Tatum or something) with carnage in a sequel, the jackal (no clones), and King Pin.

Cream_God

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Not gonna lie.....makes me worried

magnetic_eye

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#50  Edited By magnetic_eye

@jimishim12 said:

Spider fans just can't decide what they want anymore, they hated the serious shy flower Peter, they hated the witty yet love sick peter, now they complain about Peter being too optimisticm, witty, and actually fun to see.

Spider-Man IMO was never really a character I took seriously, he's a flamboyant, silly, goofball nerd acrobat wearing spider clown pjs and acting like he's the most miserable guy on earth, he's a punchline and looks even more silly when dealing with angst and tragedy. Otherwise he lightens the mood as a general rule of his existence, he would totally lose the one thing he's unique at otherwise. Being a comedic take on Superman and a foil to Batman. This is why I hate Deadpool, he's taking what Spidey has established himself as over the other heroes.

If you guys want a serious story about a struggling superhero that deals with angst, tragedy, and hardships and actually look fitting for those story elements, read Daredevil.

You just prove over and over again that you haven't actually read much Spider-Man at all. Your fixation on Spider-Man being just a "flamboyant, silly, goofball nerd acrobat in spider clown pyjamas" highlights how much you don't know about the character.

Spider-Man for decades was portrayed as a mature 28 year old who dealt with his struggles in life, over came tragedy and used his witty comedic banter effectively when fighting villains. He is NOT a stand up comedian. The over emphasis of silly goofball humor is what I hate most about the post OMD Spidey.

Your kooky Spider-Man is best represented by the even sillier "Ultimate Spider-Man" cartoon.