Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Valkeerie

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're watching this out of context. They were defending their stance with Ultimate Spider-Man when Spectacular Spider-Man was probably brought up by someone with true dissing intent. I agree with the creators of Ultimate Spider-Man, but I'll use harsh words instead: there's no point in putting comic books in motion. It's insulting to those who can imagine it by watching the panels having their imagination ruined by someone else's interpretation of the same story in a cartoon or movie. Only geeks would want such a thing, though I can agree with them that writing needs to be better, but that means adding to the universe, not necessarily being faithful to the smallest of events.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

We're watching this out of context. They were defending their stance with Ultimate Spider-Man when Spectacular Spider-Man was probably brought up by someone with true dissing intent. I agree with the creators of Ultimate Spider-Man, but I'll use harsh words instead: there's no point in putting comic books in motion. It's insulting to those who can imagine it by watching the panels having their imagination ruined by someone else's interpretation of the same story in a cartoon or movie. Only geeks would want such a thing, though I can agree with them that writing needs to be better, but that means adding to the universe, not necessarily being faithful to the smallest of events.

Didn't know that marvel had their shills on comicvine. Seeing the Dark Knight Returns in animated form, didn't ruin the interpretation of the story.

The_Waffle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 1

#4  Edited By The_Waffle

Ultimate Spider-Man is garbage, glad it's getting cancelled.

BlackWind

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It still sucks.

VeganDiet

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

"Those were the stories that were already told in the comics"

Yeah. Remember when Vulture worked for Oscorp? Or when Sandman and Rhino were friends before they were super villains? Or when Tombstone was the big crime boss of the city? Or when Norman Osborn used Harry as a decoy for his Green Goblin identity? Oh wait. Literally none of that happened in the comics.

And it's funny that he brings that up as a negative, when Ultimate Spider-man straight up adapted that two-parter by Bendis where Peter and Wolverine switched bodies.

So let's see that makes that guy: 1. factually incorrect. 2. hypocritical and 3. incapable of making a show that isn't pure garbage.

That's really cool. Good to know that the creators are as idiotic and crappy as their terrible show.

Avatar image for theheaven_guardian10
TheHeaven_Guardian10

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@vegandiet: Bravo very well said.

@the_waffle: I'm with you on that one.

RisingBean

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By RisingBean

Spectacular Spider-Man is the best Spider-Man toon ever made.

Ultimate Spider-Man is garbage I wouldn't force somebody I didn't like to watch.

That is all.