#51 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@venomoushatred1001 said:

@mewmdude77 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

They ruined Venom. Just sayin.

Can you tell me what happened?

Venom in this series, believe it or not, is actually Spidey's blood. Doc Ock got a hold of it and "increased the darkness", creating the "Venom symbiote". Looking for its origin, the "symbiote" arrives at Harry Osborn's party. It bonds with Flash Thompson (which I'll admit is pretty cool) and attacks Peter. It then bonds with Nova, Power Man, Iron Fist, and then finally Spider-Man before they destroy it. Later, Norman Osborn and Doctor Octopus plan to make an improved version of the prototype and it is also revealed a sample survived, which is then found and trapped by Harry in a bottle.

You do know that in the comic Ultimate Spider-Man, that's not far off from what was in there. The Venom symbiote in the comics was supposed to be a cure for cancer creater by Richard Parker (Peter's dad) and Eddie Brock's dad. They used Richard's blood as a base for the formula, so that's why it melded with Peter so well, and was so intent on him being one with it so much. It actually makes a lot more sense than some random alien costume attaching to him, and randomly wanting to be one with him.

To the original point of this, I liked the show. It's pretty funny to me. Drake Bell is a really good Spidey, and having Fury put together a young Avengers is a really good idea. It's not the greatest Spider-Man show ever, but in my opinion, it's the third best Spider-Man show. (First and Second being the 90's Spider-Man, and Spectacular. In no particular order.) It's certainly not the worst. The worst Spider-Man show is the 70's live action show. (other Spidey shows that are worse include Unlimited, the 60's Spider-Man show, and the Japanese Spider-Man)

I am well aware of Ultimate Venom's origin. As for the show, it is slightly below adequate at best.

Why do you think the show ruined it then? We can agree to disagree on how good or bad the show is, that was just my opinion

#52 Edited by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77 said:

@mewmdude77 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Venom in this series, believe it or not, is actually Spidey's blood. Doc Ock got a hold of it and "increased the darkness", creating the "Venom symbiote". Looking for its origin, the "symbiote" arrives at Harry Osborn's party. It bonds with Flash Thompson (which I'll admit is pretty cool) and attacks Peter. It then bonds with Nova, Power Man, Iron Fist, and then finally Spider-Man before they destroy it. Later, Norman Osborn and Doctor Octopus plan to make an improved version of the prototype and it is also revealed a sample survived, which is then found and trapped by Harry in a bottle.

You do know that in the comic Ultimate Spider-Man, that's not far off from what was in there. The Venom symbiote in the comics was supposed to be a cure for cancer creater by Richard Parker (Peter's dad) and Eddie Brock's dad. They used Richard's blood as a base for the formula, so that's why it melded with Peter so well, and was so intent on him being one with it so much. It actually makes a lot more sense than some random alien costume attaching to him, and randomly wanting to be one with him.

To the original point of this, I liked the show. It's pretty funny to me. Drake Bell is a really good Spidey, and having Fury put together a young Avengers is a really good idea. It's not the greatest Spider-Man show ever, but in my opinion, it's the third best Spider-Man show. (First and Second being the 90's Spider-Man, and Spectacular. In no particular order.) It's certainly not the worst. The worst Spider-Man show is the 70's live action show. (other Spidey shows that are worse include Unlimited, the 60's Spider-Man show, and the Japanese Spider-Man)

I am well aware of Ultimate Venom's origin. As for the show, it is slightly below adequate at best.

Why do you think the show ruined it then? We can agree to disagree on how good or bad the show is, that was just my opinion

Many things:

1. NO EDDIE BROCK! Seriously, WTF!!!!

2. The episode was filled plot holes (the "Symbiote" only wanted to bond with Spider-Man, yet bonded with Flash, Nova, Power Man, Iron Fist, THEN Spider-Man).

3. White Tiger did nothing and there was no point in her being in the episode.

4. The symbiote was able to sprout legs and arms without a host and engaged in a fist fight with Spider-Man. Made no sense.

5. Called itself Venom when bonded with Spider-Man. Huh!?!?! Does Symbiote + Spider-Man = Venom????

#53 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77 said:

@mewmdude77 said:

@k4tzm4n said:

Many things:

2. The episode was filled plot holes (the "Symbiote" only wanted to bond with Spider-Man, yet bonded with Flash, Nova, Power Man, Iron Fist, THEN Spider-Man).

4. The symbiote was able to sprout legs and arms without a host and engaged in a fist fight with Spider-Man. Made no sense.

5. Called itself Venom when bonded with Spider-Man. Huh!?!?! Does Symbiote + Spider-Man = Venom????

1. In the comic, Eddie didn't get the symbiote Spider-Man did. Spidey tried to destroy the symbiote, but there was still another part of it left, so he eventually got to it. Harry having it means he could sell it to Brock, and then he gets it.

2. It kept trying to get to Spidey, but had to weaken other people in it's path to get to Spidey.

3. She was there cause she's part of the team, and she did help. She clawed at the symbi, and helped when I think Iron fist got trapped under something.

4. the symbi was still connected to Spider-Man at that point, so it was attacking him to weaken his will, and bond with him.

5. In the comic, when peter got super mad, the symbi costume turned into Venom, and did the same thing, so it's continuity.

#54 Posted by venomoushatred1001 (12334 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77 said:

@mewmdude77 said:

@mewmdude77 said:

Many things:

1. In the comic, Eddie didn't get the symbiote Spider-Man did. Spidey tried to destroy the symbiote, but there was still another part of it left, so he eventually got to it. Harry having it means he could sell it to Brock, and then he gets it.

2. It kept trying to get to Spidey, but had to weaken other people in it's path to get to Spidey.

3. She was there cause she's part of the team, and she did help. She clawed at the symbi, and helped when I think Iron fist got trapped under something.

4. the symbi was still connected to Spider-Man at that point, so it was attacking him to weaken his will, and bond with him.

5. In the comic, when peter got super mad, the symbi costume turned into Venom, and did the same thing, so it's continuity.

1. I guess. So long as Eddie gets the symbiote EVENTUALLY. If there going with the whole "symbiote has no host thing" I'll be upset.

2. Right, because Flash was in the Symbiote's way. Flash was afraid of it and tried to run away from it, yet the Symbiote chased after him while completely ignoring Peter. Plot hole? Plot hole.

3. Yeah , she clawed at it -___- What exactly is that going to do to Venom? She had no purpose.

5. I get the "trying to break his will" thing, but it was only partially boded to Spider-Man and STILL formed arms and legs. It was just plan weird and made no sense.

6. Yeah, but he never referred to himself as Venom. I just didn't get it.

#55 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

Does anyone else get the feeling that they are going to make Harry Osborne Venom in this?

#56 Edited by PunyParker (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n: PLEASE DONT!!

They re not even true to the Ultimate Spiderman comics....WE WANT SPECTACULAR SPIDERMAN BACK (i eventually, i dont know about you guys!) At least at SSM Spidey wasnt turning to a toaster......

#57 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@r3d_rob1n said:

Does anyone else get the feeling that they are going to make Harry Osborne Venom in this?

Yeah, I got that feeling too...

#58 Posted by PunyParker (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024:

But why?

What he will have against Pete and Spider-man?.....Its a messed up thing dammit!! :(

#59 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

@Gambit1024:

But why?

What he will have against Pete and Spider-man?.....Its a messed up thing dammit!! :(

Well did you not see the ending? lol

#60 Posted by PunyParker (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024: Spidey saved Harry and Harry "fought" with Pete but they're friends again.....i dont see something wrong

#61 Posted by redbird3rdboywonder (4039 posts) - - Show Bio

I like it so far. Much etter thn Spectacular Spiderman which everyone seems to like but I absolutely hated

#62 Posted by flashpass (18 posts) - - Show Bio

I absolutely can't stand the show it all just feels so outdated. I'm sorry I'm in high school and I know for a fact nobody dresses aor has hair like Harry and Peter do. I don't mean to sound like a snobby hipster lol but this:

I just seems so weird to me. Spectacular Spiderman was amazing and I'm really trying to like this show and i feel shallow for it but I can't shake the feeling that it seems like some 90's show (and not a good one either) made by old people.

#63 Posted by r3d_rob1n (541 posts) - - Show Bio

I hate the team-up aspect to it as well. I'm all for him joining shield and occasionally fighting with the others. But its also a Spiderman show, I want him to throw down with Gobby, Ock, and Venom solo.

#64 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

@Gambit1024: Spidey saved Harry and Harry "fought" with Pete but they're friends again.....i dont see something wrong

There's nothing wrong with trapping some symbiote in a jar behind your friend's back?

#65 Posted by PunyParker (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

Ok, i downloaded and saw the 5th episode....(cause i dont wanna give "views" to DisneyXD)

At the start i just didnt like the show much....now im starting to hate it.!

I mean when he is walking around (with Iron-Man) in Stark Industries there are SOOOOOO many cartoonish-stupid little things that....i really starting to not like SpiderMan of this....4th wall was limited...ooook.......but NO ACTUAL HUMOR......

The show is keep getting worse.....and i dont like the whole "super-hero team-up" idea.......focus on Web-head...the show is called Ultimate SPIDERMAN......i know they will keep the show that way......so im sad really

#66 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

Ok, i downloaded and saw the 5th episode....(cause i dont wanna give "views" to DisneyXD)

At the start i just didnt like the show much....now im starting to hate it.!

I mean when he is walking around (with Iron-Man) in Stark Industries there are SOOOOOO many cartoonish-stupid little things that....i really starting to not like SpiderMan of this....4th wall was limited...ooook.......but NO ACTUAL HUMOR......

The show is keep getting worse.....and i dont like the whole "super-hero team-up" idea.......focus on Web-head...the show is called Ultimate SPIDERMAN......i know they will keep the show that way......so im sad really

He's teaming up with Iron man next episode? Awesome! I can't wait!

#67 Posted by TheCannon (18723 posts) - - Show Bio

It stinks! It stinks!

#68 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

It stinks! It stinks!

Guessing you didn't like the show

#69 Posted by TheCannon (18723 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@TheCannon said:

It stinks! It stinks!

It stinks!

#70 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon said:

@Death Certificate said:

@TheCannon said:

It stinks! It stinks!

It stinks!

To be fair, I don't like either, and I'm pissed off the avengers cartoon getting cancelled because of this show.

#71 Posted by TheCannon (18723 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@TheCannon said:

@Death Certificate said:

@TheCannon said:

It stinks! It stinks!

It stinks!

To be fair, I don't like either, and I'm pissed off the avengers cartoon getting cancelled because of this show.

Actually there are only rumors that it's being cancelled. And it's not because of Ultimate Spider-man. It's like the situation with the Spectacular Spider-man. They're taking a successful, popular show, to replace it with a crap one. It has nothing to do with Ultimate Spider-man, it's the makers of the show.

#72 Posted by Death Certificate (5438 posts) - - Show Bio

@TheCannon: Didn't Leob say that they are making a avengers around the same continuity as ultimate spider-man?

#73 Posted by TheCannon (18723 posts) - - Show Bio

@Death Certificate said:

@TheCannon: Didn't Leob say that they are making a avengers around the same continuity as ultimate spider-man?

I never recall him saying it. But it can't be in the same continuity. Different versions of Nick Fury, Iron Man, Captain America, and Dr Doom. And probably Spider-man. We'll find out for sure when Spidey appears in season 2.

#74 Posted by Mjason1125 (1 posts) - - Show Bio

It is now For a Certain, that this show ultimate spider-man or Disney's LooneyTunes what ever people call these days, is destined to be canceled after first season.

Its too childish, there is no story and even though its for 5~7year old kids, there is no humor or any laughs in it. It not even funny or has some LOL lines.

man it horrible to watch Disney and marvel killing spider-man.

Come on. if they think about their fans and supporters? then I think they should sell the 'rights of spider-man animations' back to Sony

and give us the better show!

Now that i think of it, I think we're lucky that Sony still has the Rights of spider-man movies.

Just think about the posiblities what Disney and marvel could to do to it.

#75 Edited by PunyParker (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

Give the rights back to Sony and bring back the best Spiderman show of recent years "The Spectacular Spider-Man" for a 3d season Dammit!!

#76 Posted by cattlebattle (12770 posts) - - Show Bio

Did I just see Taskmaster pose as a gym teacher...and he was defeated by rearranging objects in a room

Yeah...f*ck this show.

I guess the Animes were much better in tone due to Marvel not having complete control over it,....you see, in order to make a good Marvel movie or cartoon show, just don't let them work on it....Its easy

#77 Posted by PunyParker (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

4th wall,cartoonish stuff.....and.....TASKMASTER THROWING A BEER AND SPIDERMAN PICKING IT UP??? OH MY GOD

Also, Spiderman posing as a referee.....thats just wrong guys.....they re killing him...(spidey)

Simply,we heard "Ultimate Spiderman" and expected this

And we get this......

#78 Posted by Andy Steven Summers (5234 posts) - - Show Bio

@PunyParker said:

Give the rights back to Sony and bring back the best Spiderman show of recent years "The Spectacular Spider-Man" for a 3d season Dammit!!

#79 Posted by Strider92 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

Thus far the only redeeming quality to this show was Taskmaster. They didn't screw him up! When he was in costume they didn't anyway.

#80 Posted by PunyParker (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92: Yes....this is true, Taskmaster was pretty ok, when he was suited!

#81 Posted by Dark_Vengeance_ (14683 posts) - - Show Bio

If he didn't break the fourth wall, didn't work for shield, if nova and white tiger weren't there, and they made better jokes, it would be a good show

#82 Edited by PunyParker (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

@DarkKnightDetective: If it had all the above and instead of D.Bell was Josh Keaton, we would have a well animated Spectacular Spiderman....

Or a DAMN good Spider-man show, whatever

#83 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

I think I saw the beginning part of episode 3, but I was pretty disappointed with it; since I thought that it was going to be awesome and packed with laughs(a little bit like Teen Titans, with the chibi figures, with a dash of the Emperor's New Groove, since Peter was breaking the 4th wall to analyze things), especially after I viewed the creators' interview and Stan's lively promotion.

Then I actually watched it. The whole 'jocks laughing and picking on Peter' thing. CLICHE. Do adults really think teenagers actually act like that? Most of the school athletes I know are friendly guys, and they can make any dull class interesting. Also, the animation is pretty bad, but that's probably because I watched it after watching Legend of Korra. Now that there is a show with crime-fighting action and drama. The show wasn't really that funny to me, and villain that showed up in the beginning was just a cheap bad guy made out of French stereotype. I closed the tab once I saw the 90's looking substitute coach show up and the class had to play dodge ball. I never played dodge ball in high school, and I still haven't. It was like every cheesy thing from every Hollywood high school teen flick ever made was popping up everywhere.

#84 Posted by PunyParker (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

I will download it later but anyway.....how was the new episode?

#85 Posted by Strider92 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun said:

I closed the tab once I saw the 90's looking substitute coach show up and the class had to play dodge ball. I never played dodge ball in high school, and I still haven't. It was like every cheesy thing from every Hollywood high school teen flick ever made was popping up everywhere.

Actually that teacher turned out to be Taskmaster the only redeeming quality in that episode (and in the series thus). They actually did Taskmaster's character really, really well. It's a shame they didn't put that kind of effort into the others.

#86 Posted by RogueOracle (242 posts) - - Show Bio

I just wish the show would stop treating us like we're two years old.

#87 Posted by FearTheLiving (3098 posts) - - Show Bio

Just watched todays episode which I thought was pretty good seeing Hulk in it was a huge plus, and though the cam style was a little cool it got annoying fast.

#88 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

this show needs to be cancelled fast. its killing every character its featuring. and that is its only selling point: new cameo every episode. when i heard hulk AWESOMENESS!! then i saw it and oh yeah this sucks forgot.

#89 Posted by ComicCrazy (1537 posts) - - Show Bio

My thoughts on the show all together is that it's a damn shame...because it has soooo much potential that is just straight up wasted. I mean the animation style is exactly what I want from an animated cartoon, a hilarious Spiderman sounds good, even incorporating SHIELD and other Marvel heroes is pretty cool......but they just throw all that away and make it super dumb, really corny, and I hate the teen heroes he has to work with. So I just wish the writers would pay attention give the show more serious stories like Spectacular, make Spiderman's jokes not so cringe worthy and I think the show could be brilliant.....oh and get rid of White Tiger, Power Man, Iron Fist and Nova.....also how random is that team ? it just doesn't make any sense.

#90 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

Alright, this show's getting worse, lol.

#91 Posted by PunyParker (10934 posts) - - Show Bio

OH MY GOD!!!!

The show is getting worse and worse!!!

I Have really NO interest in this.....the characters are shit, the episodes too....even Spidey is a bit annoying!!!

"Ultimate Spider-Man:CANCELLED" would be the best episode......(the hopes for "Spectacular Spider-Man Season 3 Reboot" are dead....

#92 Posted by Jonny_Anonymous (33409 posts) - - Show Bio

it's a horrible, horrible show!

#93 Posted by Shotgun (900 posts) - - Show Bio

@Strider92 said:

@Shotgun said:

I closed the tab once I saw the 90's looking substitute coach show up and the class had to play dodge ball. I never played dodge ball in high school, and I still haven't. It was like every cheesy thing from every Hollywood high school teen flick ever made was popping up everywhere.

Actually that teacher turned out to be Taskmaster the only redeeming quality in that episode (and in the series thus). They actually did Taskmaster's character really, really well. It's a shame they didn't put that kind of effort into the others.

I knew that it was Taskmaster, but the point is, he looked like what a thirty or forty year old thought P.E. teachers looked like, and there was no excuse for the dodge ball. The people who made the show are supposed to be creative and a bit more original. I expected more from this :/ and they let me down.

#94 Posted by Strider92 (16462 posts) - - Show Bio

@Shotgun: Oh I agree the premise was horrible I mean c'mon if Taskmaster really wanted to find Spider-man he'd gone in their guns blazing and flush him out. Apart from that I thought Task was done quite well (might be the fan in me talking as Taskmaster is my favorite character lol)

#95 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

I actually kind of liked the first two episodes (pilot being only one). I have yet to see the past few episodes, but it doesn't sound good. And to think there's a rumour of the cancellation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes in favour for this... Sad just sad.

#96 Posted by Gambit1024 (9890 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

I actually kind of liked the first two episodes (pilot being only one). I have yet to see the past few episodes, but it doesn't sound good. And to think there's a rumour of the cancellation of Earth's Mightiest Heroes in favour for this... Sad just sad.

The pilot was understandable for what it was. It's a pilot. They're allowed to make mistakes.

But jeez, these last few episodes were pretty bad, lol. Like laughably ridiculous.

#97 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@Gambit1024 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

The pilot was understandable for what it was. It's a pilot. They're allowed to make mistakes.

But jeez, these last few episodes were pretty bad, lol. Like laughably ridiculous.

Honestly, I'm not surprised by this. The premise of the show was completely deluded. I heard they murdered Venom's origin.

I don't understand how Marvel is considering cancelling Earth's Mightiest Heroes especially after the massive success of the film. I was extremely pissed when I heard that.

#98 Posted by mewmdude77 (993 posts) - - Show Bio

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

@Deranged Midget said:

@Gambit1024 said:

Honestly, I'm not surprised by this. The premise of the show was completely deluded. I heard they murdered Venom's origin.

I don't understand how Marvel is considering cancelling Earth's Mightiest Heroes especially after the massive success of the film. I was extremely pissed when I heard that.

They didn't murder his origin! It was sort of like in the Ultimate comics! In the Ultimate Spidey comics, it was based off of Richard Parker's blood, which is why it attached to PEter so easily, and craved him so much. In the show, it was made from Peter's blood, just the dark essence of his DNA.

#99 Posted by KainScion (2973 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77: it was just stupid. venom was made from peters red blood cells. WTF kind of scientist is ock??? somebody fire him and hire somebody competent!!!

#100 Posted by Deranged Midget (17599 posts) - - Show Bio

@mewmdude77: That makes very little sense. A symbiote created from the "dark essence of Peter's blood/DNA? Sounds kind of lazy.