As a fan of Spider-Man, i agree.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 4

#2  Edited By Ninjablade09

Um, 2 things first 1) I couldn't stand that guys voice. 2) Um has he read anything past OMD because it has clearly showed adult themes and Peter acting like an adult. Hell he even got a well paying job. This guy is complaining because he wants a Peter Parker that can balance out his normal and hero life. Peter is supposed to blow off his friends and be late because he cant stand that while he is being Peter Parker someone might be getting mugged or attacked and he doesn't want that to happen. This guy also states the readers have changed. Well yes they have, BUT Spider-man is aimed at the same age group so while the readers changed he wont.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

#3  Edited By Strider1992

This guy is complaining because he wants a Peter Parker that can balance out his normal and hero life. Peter is supposed to blow off his friends and be late because he cant stand that while he is being Peter Parker someone might be getting mugged or attacked and he doesn't want that to happen. This guy also states the readers have changed. Well yes they have, BUT Spider-man is aimed at the same age group so while the readers changed he wont.

Pretty much this.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#4  Edited By Teerack

I like how he's implying that growing up with super powers in high school and going through all of the stuff Peter had gone through as spider-man sense he was 15 wouldn't have a huge effect on his mental development. I mean it's already foolish to try and assume you can compare and accurately predict how someone should handle things with a life like Peter Parker has, but it's doubly foolish because it's not even a complete analyses.

That being said Peter is always meant to be responsibly but not selfless like what this guys says "makes sense" but that's not what Peter is at all. I mean he does what he things is right but at the same time he's not willing to give up trying to have a normal life outside of Spider-man regardless of how hard it is. With great power comes great responsibly not great selflessness.

clonesaga2099

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

I don't believe Spider-Man is irresponsible, but I do agree that he needs to be written like an adult. Seriously, One More Day is basically him throwing a big tantrum that Aunt May is going to die. When Aunt May died in Amazing #400 he was a man and dealt with it, why not now.

JimTheSurfer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 2

He is responsible. Only not to himself. I know at least three issues, where he has spent night sleeping on the streets, lol.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

@ninjablade09 he explained that he didn't buy any spidey books post OMD. To boycott I gues.

arnoldoaad

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 10

This guy also states the readers have changed. Well yes they have, BUT Spider-man is aimed at the same age group so while the readers changed he wont.

except that Spider-man keeps aging just like the reader

Spiderman graduated, got married and more and yet he still works exactly like a teenager, thats pretty much the fatal flaw that the character has

I agree 100% with Linkara in the video.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

Um, 2 things first 1) I couldn't stand that guys voice. 2) Um has he read anything past OMD because it has clearly showed adult themes and Peter acting like an adult. Hell he even got a well paying job. This guy is complaining because he wants a Peter Parker that can balance out his normal and hero life. Peter is supposed to blow off his friends and be late because he cant stand that while he is being Peter Parker someone might be getting mugged or attacked and he doesn't want that to happen. This guy also states the readers have changed. Well yes they have, BUT Spider-man is aimed at the same age group so while the readers changed he wont.

Nope the problem is as the vlogger said PP is suppose to be an adult. He is nit in high school or college anymore. He is an adult, that aren't aloud to be one. First the take away his child because that could make to many changes and make him too adult. Then they took his marriage away (several times) because PP needed to be "young" again.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Dude.....get a life!

He is not right in any aspect he is partraying.Pete,the Spider-Man character, is aimed for young-adault readers....and that's how young-adaults think and act....every adault who read Spider-man,from the other side,knows what to expect,and who the character Spider-Man is......he doesnt pick up a comic and awaits Peter to act differently from what he used to.....he picks it up because he wants to read about his Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Also...@ninjablade09:Yeah,his voice is irritating.

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Dude.....get a life!

He is not right in any aspect he is partraying.Pete,the Spider-Man character, is aimed for young-adault readers....and that's how young-adaults think and act....every adault who read Spider-man,from the other side,knows what to expect,and who the character Spider-Man is......he doesnt pick up a comic and awaits Peter to act differently from what he used to.....he picks it up because he wants to read about his Peter Parker/Spider-Man.

Acutely you got ultimate Spider-Man for that. Let Spider-man mature and grow. Instead of keeping him the same. Some character development isn't a bad thing.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Ninjablade09

@tupiaz: I must have interpreted him differently. And I wasn't fully paying attention because of his voice but I agree that they should just reboot everything but wait until ASM comes back and it reaches 1000 issues and be the first comic to do that. Plus If he want the adult Spider-man that lived happy ever after why not read the MC2, which I think they should bring back for fans like him.

@arnoldoaad: Well of course Peter has aged but he ages a year like every 2 years or so. If he aged like us he would be well over his 80's. But as I said Spider-man has always been aged at that mid to late teens and early to mid 20's area. Sure others can read it but it's meant for that age group.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@tupiaz said:

@punyparker said:

Dude.....get a life!

Acutely you got ultimate Spider-Man for that. Let Spider-man mature and grow. Instead of keeping him the same. Some character development isn't a bad thing.

I would agree with you,if in Ultimate U we had Pete and if in 616 it WAS Pete and not the clearly more mature Dock Ock...

tupiaz

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: I wasn't talking about rebooting anything. Now I don't really care about Spider-Man post OMD I stick with the old one. Since it seems nothing counts anymore and anything can be redone. Oh yeah it happened in the 90's as well but at least you didn't erased many years of history it was just changed. Back in the 90's you should had let Peter become a father that could have done so much to the character and change his perspective in what he was doing. Marvel didn't dare to do that which is a shame.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

#15  Edited By consolemaster001

I think what linkara (the guy in the video) was trying to say is that despite peter graduating college, marrying and BECOMING A FATHER. The writers still write him like he's in highschool. When i read spider-man, i never see a grown man in his late twenties/early thirties. I see a teenager. Sure spidey is aimed at teenagers/young adults but just because the target audience is young doesn't mean the character has to act like one. Now i'm not saying he should be serious and brooding like Batman, but at least Peter Parker (not spidey mind you) could act a bit mature. Also one of the reason why OMD exists is because marriage is an apect of real life, and they don't want the drama of marriage interfering with Spider-Man. Is he still the greatest superhero of all time ? HELL YES ! If only he could be treated right.

@ninjablade09: Also you get used to his nazly voice after a few of his vids.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#16  Edited By Ninjablade09

@tupiaz said:

@ninjablade09: I wasn't talking about rebooting anything. Now I don't really care about Spider-Man post OMD I stick with the old one. Since it seems nothing counts anymore and anything can be redone. Oh yeah it happened in the 90's as well but at least you didn't erased many years of history it was just changed. Back in the 90's you should had let Peter become a father that could have done so much to the character and change his perspective in what he was doing. Marvel didn't dare to do that which is a shame.

I was referring to the video about the rebooting. And yeah Marvel doesn't know how to get good story telling any more. It's all resetting the time line without rebooting. To bad they didn't continue the father Peter and didn't get rid of the marriage because honestly the could have gotten a good amount of new original stories out of it. Heck wait until your big comic hits 1000 and then make Marvel NOW the MC2. That would have been cool. The main reason the Ultimate universe was created was because they wanted the characters to be young again and so they could get younger audiences. But what ever Marvel sucks and has really gone done in the last 10 years or so.

Lvenger

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 50

User Lists: 18

#17  Edited By Lvenger

@ninjablade09 said:

This guy is complaining because he wants a Peter Parker that can balance out his normal and hero life. Peter is supposed to blow off his friends and be late because he cant stand that while he is being Peter Parker someone might be getting mugged or attacked and he doesn't want that to happen. This guy also states the readers have changed. Well yes they have, BUT Spider-man is aimed at the same age group so while the readers changed he wont.

Pretty much this.

Seconded. The guy in the video doesn't get Spider-Man at all.