#1 Posted by OKO360 (11 posts) - - Show Bio

I'm completely new to Spider-Man comics and comics in general and I heard that there is a new Spider-Man series called "Superior Spider-Man". Do I need knowledge on past events in order to understand this comic, If I do could you please list the comics that are essential.

#2 Edited by Tacos_Kickass (844 posts) - - Show Bio

http://www.comicvine.com/videos/everything-you-need-to-know-before-reading-superio/2300-2024/

Watch that and you should be good to go.

When I first heard about it I though it was gonna be dumb but I decided to take a chance and I'm glad I did its pretty good despite what all the haters say. There's a lot of haters on this site when it comes to the Superior Spider-Man so they'll probably be flooding this thread soon don't let their negativity infect you, have a mind of your own.

#3 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6299 posts) - - Show Bio

@oko360: I think the last three issues of Amazing Spider-Man are the important ones to get, but I can't be completely sure as I'm not a Spider-Man reader.

#4 Posted by OKO360 (11 posts) - - Show Bio
#5 Posted by OKO360 (11 posts) - - Show Bio
#6 Posted by V_Scarlotte_Rose (6299 posts) - - Show Bio

@oko360: Not a man, but you're welcome. :)

#7 Posted by PunyParker (11009 posts) - - Show Bio

DONT start from this if you want to know the character.Simply because it isnt the character.Its some pervy dude in his body.

Read some of the past Spider-Man stories.

#8 Posted by wrthreeh (67 posts) - - Show Bio

Or even better, read Ultimate Spider-Man.

It's a more modern take on the character and it has some of the best artwork ever in a Spider-Man comic.

#9 Posted by PunyParker (11009 posts) - - Show Bio

@wrthreeh said:

Or even better, read Ultimate Spider-Man.

It's a more modern take on the character and it has some of the best artwork ever in a Spider-Man comic.

This^

And also,if you're inspired by the new movie,its based on the Ultimate comics.

#10 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@oko360: You can read Superior Spiderman, but you must know you won't be reading the "real thing". This is a transitional period. Peter Parker's gone, one of his villains has his body and keeps calling himself Superior Spiderman. In my point of view, pure boredom. Some people like it though.

#11 Posted by Killemall (18582 posts) - - Show Bio

I know i am gonna get yelled for this but i honestly love Superior Spiderman.

#12 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

Actually, take a look at Scarlet Spider. It's a great comic book that belongs to the Spiderman family/saga. Yost's been doing great things in that comic book.

#13 Posted by TheFool (80 posts) - - Show Bio

While I love Superior, it might be a bit of a letdown to go in cold to SSM, especially if you love the very new Dr. Spiderpus tone to the book since it probably won't outlive the two year mark.

#14 Posted by JimTheSurfer (560 posts) - - Show Bio

I know i am gonna get yelled for this but i honestly love Superior Spiderman.

Same here.

#15 Posted by CalebHara (2329 posts) - - Show Bio

I know i am gonna get yelled for this but i honestly love SCARLET SPIDER KAINE!!

Completely Agreed.