Superior Spider-man is off his leash (Spoilers)

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 5

#1  Edited By animehunter

Some might be wonder what I mean by "Superior Spider-man is off his leash"

By the title I mean he no longer has anything holding him back, i.e. Peters' memories.

If you recall in Amazing Spider-man 700 Peter released all his memories in order to force Ock to go down the hero route, and it worked, for the most part

-

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

-

With these gone he will no longer have any emotional or personal attachment to people in Peters life.

What this tells me is if he wanted to, he can cut all ties with anyone remotely personal and keep those that are necessary to maintain his façade at Spider-man. Not only that, he will no longer have anything holding him back, in short he can be as brutal and as he wants to be, not that he hasn't already been.

ALSO, will he keep his promise to protect Peters loved ones, especially Mary Jane & Aunt May

What I'm saying is the limiters off and there's no stopping how brutal he can be.

Which I have a feeling will definitely result in this (from Avenging Spider-man 17)

-

No Caption Provided
No Caption Provided

-

So as Ock said in the final Panel of Superior Spider-man 9

-

No Caption Provided

-

And that is why I wish all the luck I have to those in Peters life, because I have a feeling from this moment on, thing are going to get very SINISTERindeed.

Strider1992

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 16

User Lists: 10

I'm glad that it was kind of left as a cliff hanger. We didn't see the Parker memory die all we saw was him go amnesiac. In comics unless you see a body its nowhere near over. It's only a matter of time before Slott goes or gets bored and the Peter memory fragment returns. This issue should have been the end of dying wish. Because having the Parker memory runiing around was stupid. That should have come back for the end of Superior's career not at the beginning because Slott didn't have the balls to deal with fan-rage until Pete did return. All in all it would have been an awesome issue if it had come 5 months sooner..... Now it just felt like Slott wanted to piss people off because he could which is just stupid.

dernman

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 9

#3  Edited By dernman

I'm glad that it was kind of left as a cliff hanger. We didn't see the Parker memory die all we saw was him go amnesiac. In comics unless you see a body its nowhere near over. It's only a matter of time before Slott goes or gets bored and the Peter memory fragment returns. This issue should have been the end of dying wish. Because having the Parker memory runiing around was stupid. That should have come back for the end of Superior's career not at the beginning because Slott didn't have the balls to deal with fan-rage until Pete did return. All in all it would have been an awesome issue if it had come 5 months sooner..... Now it just felt like Slott wanted to piss people off because he could which is just stupid.

I don't think Slott cares about fan rage. In fact I think he very much likes to troll it. I think it was to keep people from automatically dropping the book and give Spock a chance. Figuring that if they read it they will end up liking it and continue on reading.

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

User Lists: 6

DAMN !

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 13

#5  Edited By joshmightbe

Why can't new fans just admit that this is just another "gritty" reboot. I know you all just love all the characters to be sociopaths now days but why can't you just admit to what it is?

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Why can't new fans just admit that this is just another "gritty" reboot. I know you all just love all the characters to be sociopaths now days but why can't you just admit to what it is?

Because right after you call it gritty, I end up seeing panels like this.

No Caption Provided

Weird and a little dark? Yeah, duh. Slott's said so.

But pure 90's grimdark-n-gritty? Not even close.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By joshmightbe

@innervenom123: Even Batman and Punisher get the occasional goof ball moments tho to be fair Punishers goofy moments still include brutal murder but not all analogies have to be perfect.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@joshmightbe: Punisher's goofball moments involve him killing someone in a way that happens to be hilarious. Nothing ever happens to him that's funny (okay, well, except that one time a super-powered little girl beat him up, but everyone tends to block that out for obvious reasons.)

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@innervenom123: I did find that funny but nothing will ever top Molly launching Wolverine like a lawn dart.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#10  Edited By InnerVenom123

@joshmightbe: Frank running Wolverine over with a steamroller is the greatest thing to happen ever.

joshmightbe

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#11  Edited By joshmightbe

@innervenom123: I'm not sure it may be topped by Frank unloading a shotgun into Logan's balls right before he did that

w0nd

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 0

@joshmightbe said:

Because right after you call it gritty, I end up seeing panels like this.

No Caption Provided

Weird and a little dark? Yeah, duh. Slott's said so.

But pure 90's grimdark-n-gritty? Not even close.

So glad you posted this, and there are tons of other things like this, especially when he is left baby sitting the children. The character has anger issues yes, but this isn't the dark knight or watchmen. Him interacting with other characters is sometimes pretty funny or at least amusing.

akbogert

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 31

@dernman said:

@strider92 said:

I don't think Slott cares about fan rage. In fact I think he very much likes to troll it.

Considering his twitter imagery, I think it's safe to say that's true.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By animehunter

I can't believe I missed this

Will SpOck keep his promise to protect Peters loved ones, especially Mary Jane & Aunt May

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

#15  Edited By Teerack

Maybe Doc Ock was only being a "hero" because of Peter's memories influenced him, but now he'll become something Logan can stab to death.

Darkseid011

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 5

User Lists: 0

surperior spiderman MUST DIEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#17  Edited By animehunter