Superior Spider-man Ending Speculation

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, Doc Ocks reign of terror is nearly over but in the meantime post how you think Superior Spider-man will end and what will happen to all of Spider-man's supporting cast, Doc Ock and Peter Parker himself.

No Caption Provided

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

So guys what are your theories on the end of superior?

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think Peter will start to erase Otto’s memories from the inside

Phaedrusgr

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

@angelalfonso: That's a pretty cool idea. What if he erases totally Otto (inside job)...That would be a victorious way for Peter to return (and quite tragic for the villain). Instead of an amnesiac Peter we could have an amnesiac Otto (I think Otto will manage to survive somehow in some body).

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

But the real question, if Otto survives, will he be on the side of good?

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@alertcircuit: Nope it's hard to even say he was good to begin with, just because he goes about being a hero in his own way doesn't justify the actions of taking Peter's life not once but twice then take into account the blackmail of the mayor or his offshore accounts he used to fund his own private militia......real good guy there

I know everything isn't always black n white but this isn't even grey, hes still just a plain old baddie trying to use any excuse to justify the means

Alertcircuit

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#7  Edited By Alertcircuit

@alertcircuit: Nope it's hard to even say he was good to begin with, just because he goes about being a hero in his own way doesn't justify the actions of taking Peter's life not once but twice then take into account the blackmail of the mayor or his offshore accounts he used to fund his own private militia......real good guy there

I know everything isn't always black n white but this isn't even grey, hes still just a plain old baddie trying to use any excuse to justify the means

But do you think he would construct these big evil schemes like the old Ock?

Jphu8414

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

#8  Edited By Jphu8414

M Night Shyamalan, it was Peter this whole time, he just thought he Ock....lol

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By angelalfonso
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe peter is half doc half peter like sometimes peter has control of the body and other times otto has control

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

Mrgreenlantern

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#12  Edited By Mrgreenlantern

If anyone watched DBZ take Vegeta as the example, the majority of the show he was seen as a cold villan who will do anything to get what he wants, He killed without discrimination take the nameks as example of this. During the Buu Saga he decides to sacrifice himself to try and defeat Buu however Piccolo tells Vegeta that if he sacrifices himself, he may be punished for his prior crimes.

Which is what exactly happens Vegeta doesn't get to keep his body like Goku due to the evil things hes done in his life,regardless of what Otto does the situation with Vegeta applies here pretty well

for reference

Loading Video...

This is the kind of moment Otto needs to seek true redemption...

DarthTanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The question I'm asking myself is not really how Peter is going to come back, (when it comes to such a thing as brain swapping, it is clear that the explanation is going to be some syfy-technobabble thing), but how is it going to be for him when he gets back?

I think the first big emotional moment is going to have to deal with the ladies in Peter's life:

-Carlie became Monster (sigh...)

-MJ was ignored and she moved on to go after some fireman

-I feel like Peter is going to be super mean to Anna Maria, considering her to be bad for falling for a guy like Dock Ock...

For the rest, there will be time when he will be dealing with situation and feel that maybe Ock's methods would have gotten better result... As much as I hate Spock, I reread all of of Superior Spider-Man recently and I wondered how things would have ended up at the execution of the Spider Slayer if Peter had been in command there...

PS: I know it's not a brainswap exactly, it's just Peter with Ock's memory thinking he is him... But still, it's shorter to say...

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

pete will get his body back and otto will either die or be stuck in peters mind

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

here is a post from animehunter

For the past year, a Green Goblin has stalked the Superior Spider-Man in the form of the Goblin King. His identity is one that writer Dan Slott has kept close to his chest throughout the run, leaving fans guessing.

In the midst of Goblin Nation, with the end of the series and inevitable unmasking seemingly imminent, I attempt to lift the rubber on who exactly this nightmare in jade might really be. A list of suspects follows, but be warned – in the process of researching the evidence I have changed my mind about the Goblin’s identity several times over…

NORMAN OSBORN

Why he might be the Goblin King:

Hiding in plain sight? The obvious candidate, he is the original and by far the most successful of the Goblins. Much of the cast is working under the assumption that the Goblin King is Norman Osborn, a claim that the Goblin has gladly made himself – at one point showing off the chest scar he received from the goblin glider that infamously “killed” him in the 1970s.

But…

Rule one: the Goblin lies. In recent times Norman seemed to have moved beyond being a goblin. When we last saw him, he was comatose with a deformed body. And despite his declarations this guy still hasn’t unmasked. Even if there were another entity controlling his body (he apparently awoke from his coma on the same day that Doc Ock implanted his memories into Spider-Man with the gold octobot, so that wouldn’t be out of the question), why would he keep his mask on all the time unless there was another person’s face underneath it?

Odds: 3-1

HARRY OSBORN

The second, and indeed second most prolific, Green Goblin. As Norman’s eldest son, Harry took up the legacy and took the fight to Spider-Man, on and off, for several years during his father’s supposed ‘death’. And he does appear to be the featured Goblin in the impending Amazing Spider-Man 2 film…

But…

He is far beyond his time as a bad guy, and the last time he put the mask on, it was in order to take his father down. He was last seen on the road across America bringing up his baby son Stanley, perfectly content and with a Walter White infused makeover. He was never as competent a goblin as any of the others – his heart was never really in it – whereas this Goblin has got most of New York’s organised crime under his thumb.

Odds: 7-1

NORMIE OSBORN

He’d be continuing the Osborn heritage, and has recently begun to display signs of animosity toward Spider-Man. As a child might, this Goblin liberally uses theatrical language and gestures, such as identifying his underlings in the model of a mediaeval court; his first recruits are children too. Furthermore he’s identified some relationship with Normie’s father, Harry. In the world of ‘Spider-Girl’ Normie is shown to have a period as the Green Goblin in his sorta-future…

But…

He’s a kid! Even if he didn’t lack the maturity or psychosis to develop something as big and sprawling as the Goblin Nation (he’s never been shown to be anything much more than ordinary), he’s too small to play the Goblin King.

Odds: 10-1

GABRIEL STACY

Norman Osborn’s lesser-known son with Peter Parker’s deceased girlfriend Gwen Stacy, grown to adult size thanks to goblin formula-infused DNA, he has sufficient strength to kill a Hobgoblin, and has been known to don goblin costumes before. Could building the Goblin Nation be his way of dealing with his many family issues?

But…

Shouldn’t Sins Past be left forgotten?

TIBERIUS STONE

He’s ruthless, ambitious, and exactly the sort of technical wizard who could reconfigure the spider-bots to filter out all footage of goblin activity. He is now the senior researcher at Alchemax, the company formed out of the merged holdings of Horizon Labs, Allan Chemical and Oscorp, headed up by Normie Osborn’s mother Liz Allan. At the time the Goblin set up his new empire, Tiberius had been forced underground after falling foul of not only the employer he’d sabotaged, Horizon, but also his links to the criminal underworld, chiefly the Kingpin and the Hobgoblin.

But…

Ever the kingmaker, never the king. Tiberius had a “to do” list, and while “get rid of Hobgoblin” and “ruin Horizon” were on it, “build an underground empire of organised crime” didn’t appear to be on it. Plus he’s got an alibi – we saw the Goblin King gliding around down in a Hobgoblin outfit while Ty was webbed to a wall by his grandson, the 2099 Spider-Man.

Odds: 22-1

GOBLIN 2099

Why he/she might be the Goblin King:

A foe of Miguel O’Hara, the Spider-Man of 2099 who has lately made his home in 2014. With the Age of Ultron breaking the Marvel timestream, perhaps the Goblin of that era could have also made the trip. And thanks to the magic of time travel this trickster could have left 2099 after Miguel and arrived before him.

But…

A crime cartel isn’t really part of that Goblin’s M.O. – being more of an ‘Occupy Wall Street’ type than “burn down Wall Street”.

Odds: 20.99-1

PETER PARKER

It could be the ultimate apt twist – in a possible homage to the ending of ‘The Prisoner’ – Spider-Man, face to face with his own worst enemy: himself! The original Spider-Man has previously been brainwashed into acting as the Green Goblin, with the aid of Osborn’s hallucinogenic toothpaste (in Roger Stern’s “Return of the Green Goblin” mini-series). He’s infamously a cloning subject. And there must be a reason why Menace was overlooking the exhumed gravesite of “Otto Octavius” – could the goblins have somehow extracted Peter’s mindwaves from his body?

But…

He’s dead! And the brainwashed Peter Parker wasn’t exactly verbose. He might have terrorised his friends, but would he really have bombed MJ’s?

JULIA CARPENTER

Why she might be the Goblin King:

The former Spider-Woman, Arachne, and most recently Madame Web was last seen awakening from her coma at the time of Peter Parker’s death, declaring that “all the spiders will die”. With Norman Osborn disappearing from the same hospital shortly before this, could she be the victim of a psychic rescue gone horribly wrong?

But…

Not entirely clear why she would have had a double mastectomy. Though it would explain the chest scar.

Odds: 33-1

MAX MODELL

He’s got the know-how to develop the ‘goblin protocols’ software that has enabled the goblins to elude Spider-Man’s spy network, plus he’s shown himself capable of running a large organisation in the shape of Horizon Labs.

But…

If he’s invented a way for a large man to appear skinny on a whim then why doesn’t he use it all the time?

Odds: 50-1

SOMEONE WE’VE NEVER SEEN BEFORE

It’s the Ditko way!

But…

It makes for a dissatisfying outcome. And, in spite of the popular myth, it’s not what Steve Ditko ever had in mind for the Green Goblin – he was always intended to be Norman.

Odds: 11-1

F.A.C.A.D.E.

After two full decades, the identity of this murderous super-villain is FINALLY revealed – and he’s unmasked as ANOTHER masked supervillain! Nobody would see THAT coming!

But…

Who?

Odds: 700-1

DarthTanka

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

On one hand, I feel like they have been too secretive about this Goblin King's identity for it to be the obvious answer of him being Norman Osborn, so I don't think it's him... On the other hand, as I read your list, I don't see any possibility beyond Norman that would feel satisfying...

What we know for sure is that he has a connection to both Norman and Harry considering he is impersonating the first one and he has had a very strong reaction from the mere mention of Harry's name by the fake Hobgoblin...

Avatar image for deactivated-5e870e328354a
deactivated-5e870e328354a

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wonder if another "One More Day" scenario will happen, with Peter sacrificing something so that he can restore his life back to before Ock took control. Seems like lazy writing, but I really don't know how he's going to handle all of the changes Ock made to his life.

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

after reading superior 28 and this happened (pic below) i have no idea how pete will get back now.

No Caption Provided

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe pete will have no memories at all and have to relive his life from MJ and Aunt May

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By angelalfonso

@amazingspiderman15: That is a possibility after all the infinity comics "amnesic spiderman" it’s supposed to serve as a bridge between superior and amazing

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe otto will give up being superior and let pete come back. or he switches brains with 2099 spidey

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@amazingspiderman15:

I don't think Otto would intentionally let Peter come back and I really hope we don't lose Miguel because of something like that.

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

maybe otto will give up being superior and let pete come back.

i got it right