Superior Spider-Man #9 (Spoilers)

ScumDestroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

So Slott did something verrrry bad today. :)

This does make the situation seem more hopeless and permanent (or long-term, at least), but a magic retcon or time line could still set all this correct. He will toy with us a little bit, I'm sure, getting Dr.Strange or something to say "It's impossible", but we all know Peter will be back. ummm, right guys?

No Caption Provided

Lapsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Im really curious on how dan slott is going to fix this.

we all know that Parker can´t disappear forever, so how the hell they will bring him back ??

This is the thing i fear the most, innecesary deaths for stupid come backs with retarded magic or something stupid, i only forgive this if he give me a good explanation about this when this "saga" eventually end.

if not, i will feel like they just ruining Spider-Man for fun, is hard to tell how this is going to make the character of spider-man more interesting if Parker is missing, no development for him while the superior spider-man lasts.

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Poor peter, forever crapped on.

InnerVenom123

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 11

User Lists: 1

Prepare for rage.

@frogdog: Even though I love Superior I will never not laugh at this. It's gold. 10/10 material on /co/'s part (at least, I think that's where it originated.)

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

ScumDestroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#6  Edited By ScumDestroy

Funny stuff. For me at least, I don't really care if a character is "relate-able" or if they progress, often I am just interested in reading about a sick fuck and being entertained by a story. If you put an existing, non-progressing character in "x" situation, how will they react? As long as it isn't overtly predictable, I am ok with that.

I don't think Slott has disgraced Peter, really, just maybe the Spiderman uniform - which will all be fine once Peter is back behind the mask and explains this crap to everyone.

You know how Wolverine regenerated from a drop of blood that one time? Or Sandman has that "soul grain"? I bet Peter has that floating brain molecule somewhere, in some octo-bot or something. This would at least be better than Wong reading a spellbook.

Lapsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I think every character need development, at least, the main character, i will feel more attached with charactes who grow up through the story and whose past experiences affect them.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

#8  Edited By PunyParker

Bullcrap.Slott is an idiot.He doesnt want fans to love him.

dwhayden

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#9  Edited By dwhayden

@punyparker: Agree 100% HE attacks the fans so much it is sad. He needs to go!!

Pablo_Mablo

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The last few years hasn't been kind to Peter Parker. First he dies in a universe where it is proclaimed dead characters don't come back called Ultimate. Then his body gets hijacked in the 616 universe and now mental Peter Parker is gone too. Geez at least when Bendis killed Parker he at least had the decency to give us something readable, but Slott on the other hand just gave us garbage.

DH69

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 1

how are people ignore the no body no proof factor, otto walked away before watching the end result, me i'd wanna kick the corpse for proof.

noj

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 13

My theory about the whole situation is that the Superior Spider-Man is really Peter Parker essentially brainwashed into believing he is Spider-Man. This whole rewriting your brainwaves onto anothers MAKES you that person is BS. It completely disregards the idea of a SOUL which I believe have been proven to exist in the Marvel universe thanks to demons like Mephisto being able to buy and sell them. Doctor Octopus DIED believing he was Peter Parker and Parker lived on believing he was Octavius.

Skyfire

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

The rage this issue is generating is more entertaining than the actually issue.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#14  Edited By PunyParker

@pablo_mablo: When Ultimate Pete died,it was in a fenomenal way....Everyone admire him and respect him a lot.It was decent.

@ninjablade09: Here is when you understand a writer cares about a character.....this is from All New X-Men #11....Writer:Brian Michael Bendis.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for thetimestreamer
theTimeStreamer

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 2

the hack that is slott continues

frogdog

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

This is one of Slott's twitter background

ScumDestroy

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Regardless of what storylines Slott is dropping, the "voice" that he writes for Spidey is one of my all-time favorites. He cracks me up all the time, even in the Spidey videogames that Slott wrote. The dude even cracks me up as Otto, due to the complete lack of humor, the total arrogance and "the die is cast" jumping into battle.

Arkhamc1tizen

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 33

peter will come back

Avatar image for consolemaster001
consolemaster001

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 6

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU********************************** MOTHERF************

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 4

@ninjablade09: Here is when you understand a writer cares about a character.....this is from All New X-Men #11....Writer:Brian Michael Bendis.

No Caption Provided

No Caption Provided

Too bad that means nothing in their world currently. Bendis needs to stop writing X-men and fix this Spider-sh*t up.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: Yeah...."Full body stocking.Never stops talking..." ...Bendis Bendis....You are referring to that movie protagonist guy,Peter Parker...(or Palmer,i cant remember...)..
DOCK OCK who is THE Spider-Man,doesnt trash talk!.....he just murders....that's what Spider-Man has been doing for so many years and he has become a role model for teens around the world......Jeez Bendis,grow up.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Ya Bendis has to stop living in the past. This is the new Status Quo. This is the SUPERIOR status-quo. And we cant forget the constant threats Spidey makes. He teaches that if some plays a prank on you. You beat them to the edge of death, WITH CLAWS!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Ya Bendis has to stop living in the past. This is the new Status Quo. This is the SUPERIOR status-quo. And we cant forget the constant threats Spidey makes. He teaches that if some plays a prank on you. You beat them to the edge of death, WITH CLAWS!

That's right!
That's the role model i want to have!...Always do the right thing!!
If someone mocks you.....KILL HIM!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09 said:

That's right!

That's the role model i want to have!...Always do the right thing!!

If someone mocks you.....KILL HIM!

And remember kids, when your in like 50's swap minds with a 30 year old and try to be better than he ever was.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: That includes banging his supermodel ex-girlfriend,because you couldnt bang one with your older self.

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#26  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: But then give up and move on to this small woman you met the other day. Oh and be angry about his education!

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: Now that we sumed it up......some f#cked up sh*t right here.....Slott has a twisted mind.....otherwise he's just making fun of us...."oh,look,they're buying it! they're accually buying it!!!....Damn....paste a Spider-Man mask on a book,and it will have tons of sales..."....-Dan Slott (fantasy statement)

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Well its all about sales for Slott anyway read some of the articles @animehunter has posted in SSD. And we forgot something. If you see someone you know from your childhood. Don't call him his nickname.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Well its all about sales for Slott anyway read some of the articles @animehunter has posted in SSD. And we forgot something. If you see someone you know from your childhood. Don't call him his nickname.

Oh!...yeah...that too.....exceptional manners...a true gentelman.

I read em all,bro!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: lol went to my comic shop today for free comic book day and the shelves were full of Superior Spider-man. They had at lest 10 of every issue except 1. But does that matter no because the sales are "PHENOMINAL". Guess I'm an idiot too.

Teerack

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 64

After thinking about it. Sense all of Peter's friends and family died in his mind before he gave into Doc Ock... If I understood it right then from that point on Peter was fighting without a lot of his character defining moments like Uncle Ben's death and stuff... so I guess it's okay that Peter said Doc Ock was right, and it doesn't technically cheapen all of Peter's strongest moments.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@ninjablade09: GOOD GOD!

Dan Slott Talks SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #9

On Peter Parker's Final Moments:

To be fair, in Peter's defense, when Doc is walking away and leaving the mind-scape, one of the last things Peter says is, "It was only a moment. I would never." The thing that everyone forgets about Peter Parker is that Peter Parker is not a saint. When he let that burglar run by, he could have done anything to stop him and he didn't, and that burglar killed Uncle Ben. That's when he learned the lesson that with great power comes great responsibility. But that didn't magically baptize him and make him flawless.

Superior Spider-Man #9 page by Dan Slott, Ryan Stegman & Edgar Delgado

We've seen over the years, many times, that when Peter Parker really wants to do the wrong thing; he has that moment, and then he shuts it down. We've seen where he really wants to use his spider-powers to punch Flash Thompson, and he's imagining it, and he stops himself. And then Flash gets kidnapped by Doctor Doom, and Peter leans back and decides to do nothing about it. Two panels later, he's all, "Ah, fine, I'll save him!" It's that way for the history of Spider-Man.

On The Advantages Of Peter Parker No Longer Being In The Series:

Early on, when I was telling everyone [at Marvel] what I wanted to do with SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN, everyone was really cool about it, until we got up to it happening. Axel Alonso, our wonderful [Editor-in-Chief], said, "Wait a minute—there's going to be no Peter Parker in this?" And we argued about it, we discussed it. Mark Waid threw in some ideas and Matt Fraction threw in ideas. Something we all settled on and liked was the idea of Ghost Pete. I was a little against it at first, but once everyone got so crazy at the end of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #700—and I have never seen comics fans get so crazy about something I've written—I knew that having that twist ending in SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #1 with Ghost Pete, I was like, "Oh, thank God Axel wanted this! He was right!" We knew once we had Ghost Pete, that he would go away after eight or nine issues. And then it ramps up even more. In other words, the series so far has been on training wheels. Now that the wheels are off, we can do all kinds of crazy things with the bike. "Look, one wheel! Woo-hoo!" We have no hands on the bars. We can go a little crazy. Oh, I can't wait.

Does that guy even knows what Spider-Man really means????.....i am more dissapointed in this(him) every day that passes!...
He didnt wanted Ghost Pete....even Ghost Pete!!....

F@ck this guy....

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#33  Edited By Ninjablade09

@punyparker: So his original idea was to have SpOck basically have something like Avenging without the team ups? Ya he kina ruined that idea with 9. But speaking of Avenging I hope there are some mentions to Ghost Pete. SADNESS!!!! Just wait till next issue. It better have great writing like Avenging or I'm dropping this.

But ya F**k Slott.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: So his original idea was to have SpOck basically have something like Avenging without the team ups? Ya he kina ruined that idea with 9. But speaking of Avenging I hope there are some mentions to Ghost Pete. SADNESS!!!!

But ya F**k Slott.

I HATE the guy!!

JMS ruined Pete's marriage (at least he wrote it...)...i love JMS!
Bendis killed Ultimate Pete....i love Bendis!!

This dude killed Pete and then put Ock in his body,which is perverted in every way possible(sexually,morally,mentally).....i absolutelly HATE the guy!
He's the definition of "morally ambiguous"!

Ninjablade09

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Ya I feel the exact same way. MARVEL needs a serious reboot.

Lapsus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No please, no reboots, thats the lazy solution and the worst.

inkBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#37  Edited By inkBot

Nothing can save the Spider-Man franchise for me now. It is dead. A reboot won't wipe away the putrid taint from this tripe, and the only way to correct this idiocy is to reboot it. So yeah, the franchise is fucked.

I said before SSM #1 that I wouldn't read the series anymore, and to an extent I've kept good on that (the extent being I periodically check up on wtf is going on, through articles and such, because... sadomasochism I guess?).

EDIT: Damn it, can't even look at the Spider-Man books on my shelf now.

Avatar image for deactivated-6318083af35cc
deactivated-6318083af35cc

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Someone needs to teach Slott that with great power comes great responsibility, that means if you have the power to do ANYTHING with a character, don't f***ing ruin him and piss almosteveryone off.

katanalauncher

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I wish fans would stop bitching about this, we all know this won't last for long.

As of right now, that was an awesome issue deconstruction Peter's mind and ideal, I hope he get more good stories before this whole thing blows over.

inkBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@katanalauncher said:

I wish fans would stop bitching about this, we all know this won't last for long.

The issue isn't that Peter's gone. What's pissing people (or at least some) off is how it was handled.

kidchipotle

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@inkbot said:

@katanalauncher said:

The issue isn't that Peter's gone. What's pissing people (or at least some) off is how it was handled.

This.

But also (at katanalauncher), I will continue to complain about this because that is what us as fans do! There was/is nothing wrong with Parker as Spider-Man, you don't need to change that for a couple of kicks over at Marvel HQ!

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#42  Edited By muhabba

As long as people keep buying this just to see what he does next they will keep writing this. It's like Howard Stern, most of people that listened to his radio show actually hated him, over half anyway, but they kept tuning in just to see what he'd do to piss them off next. If you hate it stop buying it. I hate it, haven't bought it since One More Brand New Moment In Time and I will bash it everywhere I find it. (except the Marvel forum because no matter how polietly I worded it, if I said I disliked it the post was deleted) But of the dozens of Spider fans I know IRL (and by know I mean casually wave to at the comic shop) only 3 like the new direction but all are buying it. (and some that weren't buy it started to)