#1 Edited by PCN24454 (454 posts) - - Show Bio

How long will it take for Spider-man to come back? While SpOck had a good point when it came to Peter not killing because of his self image, there is no way he really believes in what he's saying. And how could any writer automatically make Doctor Octopus more morally superior to Spider-man. Maybe make Peter learn a lesson or something, but Doc Ock deserves to go back to jail (or by his own logic, be killed) after holding the world hostage and stealing Spider-man's body just to improve HIS self image.

#2 Edited by Kramotz (232 posts) - - Show Bio

I also think somehow, that Superior Spider-Man will make Peter intellectually smarter. It seems like Dan Slott is trying to make Pete a super-genius or something to me; I don't know.

#3 Edited by DH69 (4258 posts) - - Show Bio

He'll be back by next May, i guarantee it...

#4 Edited by Impy (123 posts) - - Show Bio

Why does everyone think that Dan Slott is trying to make SpOck seem morally superior to Peter???

And to answer your question, I think either when previews for ASM 2 start coming out or when someone else starts writing Spider-Man.

#5 Edited by Jake7696 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

It's likely that the ghost of parker will return and SpOck's second attempt to rid himself of it will return peter parker back to spiderman

#6 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@impy: Oh, but he does! Take a closer look at SpOck's monologue at the end of SSM #9.

And what about specifically this?

Focus on the third picture, please. What do you think?

#7 Posted by PunyParker (12235 posts) - - Show Bio

@impy said:

And to answer your question, I think either when previews for ASM 2 start coming out ...

I think they covered it with Waid's graphic novel....

#8 Posted by PunyParker (12235 posts) - - Show Bio

Focus on the third picture, please. What do you think?

*panel.......yes i am a comic-book nerd.

#9 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: That was the word I was looking for. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, kind sire.

#10 Edited by batnorris (679 posts) - - Show Bio

I was very against spock at first but now the guys allright with me. I don't care for the fact that he has a different view of the lesson "with great power comes great responsibility" than peter. Tbh, I think the guy is still a villan at heart. What I would love to see is peter coming back as spiderman but ock remaining a spiderman too. That way there will be 2 spidermen and they can do occasional teamups. I would love to see superior spiderman take that turn.

#11 Posted by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@batnorris: That would practically mean that we would have 4 spidermen unleashed roaming around in 616, not minding their own businesses etc. Spiderman, Scarlet Spider, Venom and Superior Spiderman. Not ideal to be completely honest. Don't know...

#12 Edited by fesak (7073 posts) - - Show Bio

Plus Patrick of the Scarlet Spiders who still is around. And SM2099. Come to think of it don't they have some spider battle royale thing coming up?

#13 Posted by 8008S (516 posts) - - Show Bio

They should totally be all reunited together in the Spider-Men sequel. If only for the sake of an amazing splash page.

#14 Posted by spider11211 (1141 posts) - - Show Bio

I think either when:

1) ASM 2 comes

2) When someone else starts writing Spider-Man.

3) Or if sales continue to decline to a point where it is below the sales level of Amazing Spider-man.

#15 Posted by Jake7696 (14 posts) - - Show Bio

I see Peter coming back very soon, possibly around issue 20 due to the uproar created by fans

#16 Posted by PunyParker (12235 posts) - - Show Bio

@jake7696 said:

I see Peter coming back very soon, possibly around issue 20 due to the uproar created by fans

Nah....i dont think so....

#17 Posted by PunyParker (12235 posts) - - Show Bio

@punyparker: That was the word I was looking for. Thank you from the bottom of my heart, kind sire.

Your very welcome,young sluger!

#18 Edited by Phaedrusgr (1672 posts) - - Show Bio

@jake7696: SSM sells. As long as fans support it, Marvel has no reason to quit a profitable product.