Spider-Man Comics Discussion

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

@animehunter: Two things to adress only.

The dude who made the 2099 cover is a god.
And that they just COULDN'T go with a normal Spider-Man girlfriend.........like no way.

@8008s said:

-New Warriors is cancelled, now I'm worried about Kaine's future. As long as he survives Spider-Verse :S

All he did in New Warriors was move and talk sh*t.......it's good for him that this is ending.

Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

Hey guys, who is your favourite Spider-Man writer of all time?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8353  Edited By PunyParker
Avatar image for themetalgearzero
TheMetalGearZero

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@themetalgearzero: Brian Michael Bendis.

Brian Michael Bendis is really good - I liked Ultimate. Damn... why did they have to kill Peter off?

Avatar image for amazingspiderman15
AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Hey guys, who is your favourite Spider-Man writer of all time?

bmb

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Loving the art in spider-woman's book. Wonder if that suit silk has is from peter's book since she is with him for the most part.

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

off topic - do you guys think stan lee is utau the watcher in the marvel films?

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8358  Edited By Webhead_99

@punyparker: It's not good if it means he can be killed off without having to deal with consequences or fallout on a book of his own.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker said:

@themetalgearzero: Brian Michael Bendis.

Brian Michael Bendis is really good - I liked Ultimate. Damn... why did they have to kill Peter off?

Don't "spoiler banner" something that happened 3 years ago!! :P

And yeah,USM and his Spider-Man in Avengers were awesome

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8360  Edited By PunyParker

@8008s said:

@punyparker: It's not good if it means he can be killed off without having to deal with consequences or fallout on a book of his own.

If you mean Bendis,nobody's perfect......you can't deny that he's a very skilled writer,and one of the best right now.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 7

I am back from France and just about to sit down and read Amazing Spiderman # 5 - hope its worth it.

How is everyone on here - chilled out I hope!?

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

Slott helps with that.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8008s said:

@punyparker: What? No, I meant Kaine lol

AH!....ok.

Then Kaine is falsely managed/handeled since 5 issues from the end of his series.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8008s said:

AH!....ok.

Then Kaine is falsely managed/handeled since 5 issues from the end of his series.

I disagree, but anyway, that doesn't have much to do with what I said.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8008s said:

@punyparker said:

@8008s said:

AH!....ok.

I disagree, but anyway, that doesn't have much to do with what I said.

Last 3-5 issues doesnt live up to the standard of the rest of the series,i think this is non debatable.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: Art is subjective and therefore debatable :O 24-25 were rushed as all hell, and I think the Shathra fight was anti-climactic, but the characterization wasn't off. 23 was one of the best issues so we'll have to disagree strongly there.

Anyway, I'd rather have an underwritten/sidelined Kaine over a dead one, and Spider-Verse sure seems to be sharping its axes...

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8008s said:

@punyparker: Art is subjective and therefore debatable :O

C'mon.......

@8008s said:

Anyway, I'd rather have an underwritten/sidelined Kaine over a dead one, and Spider-Verse sure seems to be sharping its axes...

True.
But i want a well written one.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I haven't been following NW much but I didn't get the impression Kaine was written out of character. I just got the impression he wasn't important, which is admittedly why I haven't been reading it.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8008s said:

@punyparker: I haven't been following NW much but I didn't get the impression Kaine was written out of character. I just got the impression he wasn't important, which is admittedly why I haven't been reading it.

I never said anything different,man.....
Yost writes NW,how can Kaine be out of character?......he's just not important to the story....as the story itself.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 5

From CBR

CBR TV: Humberto Ramos Talks Slott, Silk and "Amazing Spider-Man"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/features/cbr-tv-humberto-ramos-talks-slott-silk-and-amazing-spiderman.jpg

Humberto Ramos, the artist of Marvel Comics' recently relaunched "Amazing Spider-Man," visited the CBR Yacht at Comic-Con International in San Diego to rap with Jonah Weiland about how he got to the party, the obstacles he faced along the way and why he's the world's luckiest fan. Ramos explains his longtime love of Spider-Man, what it's like to work with series writer Dan Slott and why he doesn't feel any pressure when creating major new characters and adding to the Spider-Man mythos.

On the first book he remembers collecting as a kid: The first book that I collected, that I remember going to the newsstand to buy the next episode was "Spider-Man." That was the one book that hooked me on being a collector and being a comic book fan. My older brother, he used to read the books as I did, but he never got into being a fan, it was like something else to do after school. But I kept being a comic book fan because of Spider-Man.

SPIDER-MANDATE: Nick Lowe Web-Swings with "Amazing Spider-Man"

On whether his parents supported his pursuit of a career in comics: My dad always thought I was going to grow up to be an architect or something like that because I liked drawing, but when I told [my parents] -- not even comic books at the time -- but this career that was called graphic design, he was like, "What the hell is that?" He had never heard of things like that [don't] have to do with numbers or equations or science or something like that. When I explained what the career was all about he was like, "And it's gonna give you money to live off of? How are you gonna support your family when you grow up to have one? Because I don't see a real job there. After a lot of struggling, sometimes arguing, fighting sometimes, he let me go to school and study graphic design.

So I finally got him to the idea of being a graphic designer, but I have a secret agenda. So when I told him, "Dad, there's this thing called San Diego and I need some money. If you can lend me or give me some money to buy a plane ticket, a hotel, blah blah blah to go to San Diego and try out for a work interview." He was like, "Really? Do people actually live off comic books?" "Yeah, and it's a good job. That's what I would like to do because I love comic books." Again, there was some struggling because he was getting used to the idea there were different career options besides the ones he grew up with. He was good enough to lend me some money and I came here to the show back in '92 and I had my first job interview at that time.

On having a backup plan for your career: It's always good to have a backup plan. You have to realize that I come from a different country where my first trip out of Mexico was to the San Diego Comic-Con, and beside that it was my first trip alone. Meaning, I was going on trips with my family, like vacations and that, but it was my very first time that I was alone. I didn't know what to expect here. I had this idea like everybody's gonna be like a genius -- like every other guy is a Jack Kirby, a Stan Lee. I had to be sure that if I didn't make it and do comics, I needed to have a backup plan. That's why I have my career. Luckily, I never had to use [that backup plan].

On working with Dan Slott and the unique energy he brings to any project: It's pretty cool because first, I'm like the luckiest fan ever. I was actually talking with some friends about it earlier today, you have to picture me -- one day I'm a fan of... you name every other guy in the industry, and the next day I'm sitting with them having dinner. And they, surprisingly, like my work, so I'm the luckiest fan ever. In those terms, talking with Dan is knowing what's gonna happen with Spider-Man ahead of time. Any time we Skype like, "Dan, I have a little question about the plot" or some panel that I would like to do this way but I want to ask you your ideas, get your input on this -- it's always like a three-hour chat. Something like that, that I think is gonna take like, I don't know, five minutes tops, ten tops, and no. He ends up going all the way down to what's going to happen in the Spider-Man Universe like three years from now.

It's so cool because he knows all these corners of the character that fans like, regular fans like me, I don't realize that they existed in the first place. And he knows stories and characters and he's like, "Yeah, then it's gonna happen like this and this guy -- but you need to know this is gonna happen because we've building this from years ago," and blah blah blah. And it's so exciting like now, with the upcoming "Spider-Verse," I knew about it like about a year ago. And I was like, "I wanna do that" because having all these Spider-Men from all these different universes, it's like... I don't know, like the golden toy you want to have, being the Spider-Man artist, and a Spider-Man fan. And he's like, "You can't have it... but I'm gonna tell you still!" So it's like kind of a sweet and sour thing because I kind of knew what was happening and it's gonna be like a big, like a huge story, and I've been able to read as well as everybody else, but also it's like, "Aw, gee, I really would have like to draw it." But Olivier [Coipel's] doing an amazing job.

SPIDER-MANDATE: On the Lowe Road to "Spider-Verse" & Comic-Con

On the pressure of creating a major new character like Silk: It is a big character. She's gonna be a main character in the Spider-Man Universe from now on. Strangely, I never feel pressure when I get to do stuff with Spider-Man. I remember people asking me about how did I feel when we "killed" Peter Parker in ["Amazing Spider-Man"] #700, I was like, "I don't know..." It was a great book, I knew it was going to make people talk about it, but I never felt any pressure doing it or "killing" him. I feel joy. I feel really, let's say pride, when my editor asked me to redesign or create a character for a book because that makes me feel like they trust me. To me, it's all about my job. I care a lot about my job so if the guys behind the desk trust me I feel okay, and I feel no pressure. Of course, I gotta go back and forth with sketches and ideas, what I would like [Silk] to be. Actually, in this sketchbook that you guys might see already, "My Marvels 2," there's a bunch of sketches I did to design the character. At the end, we came up with this idea that fulfilled all our expectations -- and I mean it's Dan's and Nick [Lowe]'s and Ellie [Pyle]'s and my visions of what the character should look like. And I think she's -- this is the first step on how she's gonna look, so expect more.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker: I'm sorry, I misunderstood your previous post.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8374  Edited By animehunter
Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It is probably gonna keep bugging me if he doesn't reveal it yet but did he purposely make her look asian/latino or is she meant to be. I feel like since it was his idea and he put a little bit of his culture in her and I'd like it if it's true. Want more lore since she is a new edition to the spidey family.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@animehunter: Two things to adress only.

The dude who made the 2099 cover is a god.

And that they just COULDN'T go with a normal Spider-Man girlfriend.........like no way.

@8008s said:

-New Warriors is cancelled, now I'm worried about Kaine's future. As long as he survives Spider-Verse :S

All he did in New Warriors was move and talk sh*t.......it's good for him that this is ending.

I disagree this puts him as possible cannon fodder for Slott. Furthermore New Warriors is just starting they couldn't have it just be him and Aracely the whole time. They have to give the other characters some time too.

Mightus

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

New warriors is canceled now though..

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: This is a hell lot of women.

@8008s said:

@punyparker: I'm sorry, I misunderstood your previous post.

We're talking,no need to be sorry,man! :)

@mightus said:

New warriors is canceled now though..

Hell yeah.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

Slott helps with that.

Still as positive as ever I see!!

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightus: so sad.... i wonder what is going to happen with Kaine and Aracely

AmazingSpiderman15

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@mightus: so sad.... i wonder what is going to happen with Kaine and Aracely

hopefully get a new series - he may get one after spidey verse

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@bezza said:

@punyparker said:

@bezza said:

Slott helps with that.

Still as positive as ever I see!!

Never changed.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview: Edge of Spider-Verse #2 (Unlettered) - OUT September 17th, 2014

GWEN STACY: SPIDER-WOMAN!

• In one universe, it wasn’t Peter Parker bitten by the radioactive Spider, but Gwen Stacy!

• She’s smart, charming and can lift a car-- Just don’t tell her Police Chief father!

• How is she involved in Spider-Verse? Seeds of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #9 are planted here!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/EDGEOFSV2014002cov-98ab8-678aa.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SpiderGwenColors-Page-01-dc6ed.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SpiderGwenColors-Page-02-0859a.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SpiderGwenColors-Page-04-0f351.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SpiderGwenColors-Page-05-366bc.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/SpiderGwenColors-Page-06-07302.jpg

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter:

it seems that in Gwen's universe Peter is the lizard, that is interesting.

like i said before i like her spider outfit, but still not crazy about the crocs she wears.

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso: and MJ leads a band :O though they could do with a less self-centered name

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8386  Edited By animehunter

From CBR

Latour, Rodriguez & Renzi Web-Swing Gwen Stacy Into "Spider-Verse"

http://www.comicbookresources.com/assets/images/features/latour-rodriguez-renzi-webswing-gwen-stacy-into-spiderverse.jpg

When Peter Parker accepted the great responsibility that came with his great power, a beacon of hope was lit not just in the Marvel Universe, but on the numerous other parallel worlds that make up the Marvel Multiverse. Though the circumstances that turned Peter into a spider-powered hero played out in different ways and in different times on these parallel earths, the end result was almost always the same: An individual, sometimes a version of Peter, sometimes not, finds themselves endowed with super powers and decides to walk the path of a hero as Spider-Man.

RELATED: Dennis Hopeless Sends "Spider-Woman" to the Front Lines of "Spider-Verse"

Now, returning villain Morlun -- "part of an even bigger thing," according to "Amazing Spider-Man" writer Dan Slott -- is making his way across these realities in an attempt to snuff out every single character to wield spider-powers. "Spider-Verse," the Slott-helmed event, is where every version of Spider-Man will fight an interdimensional war for survival, but before the war begins, readers will meet some of the combatants. This October, Spidey fans will meet a diverse quintet of these alternate reality Wall-Crawlers in the five-issue "Edge of Spider-Verse" miniseries, including an all-new Spider-Woman, an alternate reality incarnation of Peter Parker's murdered girlfriend, Gwen Stacy. She makes her debut in "Edge of Spider-Verse" #2 and we spoke with the creators of that issue -- writer Jason Latour, artist Robbi Rodriguez, and colorist Rico Renzi -- about what they have planned for her.

EXCLUSIVE: A look inside the pages of "Edge of Spider-Verse" #2

CBR News: When I did my initial "Edge of Spider-Verse" interview, the character that got one of the biggest reactions and people seemed really excited about was Gwen Stacy as Spider-Woman. Why do you think that is? What is it about Gwen and a world where she became Spider-Woman that has readers excited?

Jason Latour: Well, first I think it's just a great looking character. The bulk of the credit for that goes to Robbi for just nailing it. But it was really important to me, personally and story-wise, that she be as mysterious as Spider-Man was when he first appeared. The gender stuff was secondary. I think that's got a lot to do with the reaction. People are just starved for something even-handed.

Beyond that, there's possibly a bit of catharsis at play. The original Gwen Stacy's death is a thing that many older readers just take for granted as a keystone of who Peter has become. But it happened so long ago that Gwen seems to, at times, almost become faceless, or voiceless. But now that she's re-surfaced in other media and has kind of been given a second life, it's a lot more difficult for folks to swallow. Maybe it should have always been. That's not my case to mount either way. I think people are just genuinely excited about a world where that tragedy played out differently and a character they've grown to love gets a second gasp of air.

Robbi Rodriguez: I'm thinking the take we are going with our Gwen and the outfit helped to seal the deal. With the way Gwen has been handled as of late, I think the audience really really wants a Gwen that's not just a plot point and something more respectable to the origins of the character. Which I think ours is, but with a modern take, examining her under the lens of that eternal struggle -- where do you compromise who you are as a person in order to fit in the mold of what others want out of you? And where do you break from the mold?

Rico Renzi: The response to the book in general and Robbi's costume design has been overwhelming. In the world of online comic fandom, it's always refreshing when people seem genuinely excited about something you're working on. Even people who had their heart broken by her death in the original comics seem excited for this new spin on the character.

Peter Parker was transformed into Spider-Man while he was in high school -- is that be the case for Gwen? In our last interview, you said she was in a band, so her experiences and world view might be very different from Peter's at that age. Does this mean she might not be learning the same lessons about power and responsibility as Peter?

Latour: Our Gwen is in college at Empire State, but the implication is that she's been Spider-Woman for a short while leading up to this story. In that time, there was a traumatic event that has totally re-shaped her life.

A lot of her struggle has to do with the freedom or lack thereof that being an artist or wearing a mask gives her. As a member of her band, she's got to be open and trusting of her collaborators. It's not too dissimilar from the trust of a family. Wearing her mask has opened up her life to use this amazing gift that is her powers freely, but that secret has started to really put pressure on her relationship with both her band and her father.

EXCLUSIVE: Latour, Rodriguez and Renzi fill readers in on 'what has come before' in the world of Gwen Stacy

Robbi, who is Gwen to you, as an artist? Which elements of her character do you really want to capture and bring froward in your depictions of her?

Rodriguez: It took me a bit of time to get grasp on this book. One, because it's a superhero book and it has never been one of my top genres to read, but it also really took examining Gwen and getting in her head to get it. Off the top, she is more based in terms of looks to Debbie Harry, but underneath she's really based on all of my female friends and all our conversations about living under terms that were not set by them. So I guess I'm trying to capture the rebel grrl shell, but also trying to capture the deep thought and philosophy filling.

What inspired the look of her costume?

Renzi: Robbi came up with the costume, colors and all.

Rodriguez: Well, I hated every Spider-Woman costume I've seen so far, and when I was given the opportunity to redesign it, I jumped at the chance. Being a [Alex] Toth disciple, I wanted to make it as simple as possible, but I added more streetwear elements so it doesn't look so ridiculous. The cosplay and fashion communities were a big help in that when it came to researching what works and what doesn't. The hoodie element and everything came together in the final package.

What can you tell us about the supporting cast? What kind of danger is Gwen up against in this tale?

Latour: The real danger, as it turns out, comes from her own father, who is helming the manhunt for Spider-Woman, for a crime she didn't commit -- at least, one she didn't commit directly. But lumbering straight towards them both is a second threat, who's decided that Captain Stacy has to go. Gwen's very strange situation is only going to get stranger when she's forced to defend the man who wants her in jail.

How important is Gwen's father, Captain Stacy, in this story? Does his role as a police officer create some conflict for his daughter, a costumed vigilante? And what kind of cop is he in the world that this Gwen hails from?

Latour: It's not really necessary to know much, if anything, about the 616 Captain Stacy. What matters here is how he's raised Gwen and the expectations he's placed upon her. He's a man who maybe shares some of the same qualities as the Parkers, but at the end of the day, he's actively put it upon himself to do what he feels it takes to protect his community.

What would he do if he realized he had it all wrong? That his daughter's the one in the mask, and that in some strange way he's lead her down this path? That's kind of at the core of this. Great power and great responsibility isn't just a line authority figures can throw around. They have to live it too.

EXCLUSIVE ART: Robbi's Spider-Woman costume was informed by cosplayer outfits

What can you tell us about the look and feel of Gwen's world? Is it pretty similar to the 616, or does the world that Gwen lives and operates in have a decidedly different feel?

Rodriguez: It's far different from the NYC of the regular Marvel Universe. That's what we are going for if we are dealing with alternate worlds; more colorful, more streamlined. Even the inhabitants that readers know have a new take on them.

Renzi: Jason turned in a really fun script, so I tried to keep the colors in that vein. Robbi's artwork is so energetic and lively, I can't help but get swept up in that energy.

What's it like, being part of the "Edge of Spider-Verse," team? Jason, Which aspects of Robbi and Rico's work do you find most enjoyable as a writer? Robbi and Rico, how does it feel to being working with your "FBP: Federal Bureau of Physics" collaborator on a big Marvel project?

Latour: There's a lot of great qualities about Robbi's work, but what really transcends is his excitement. When he's fired up, it really leaps out of the page at you. But unlike most big moment artists, he also really excels at finding the inner life of the characters. That's a really underrated skill, almost a lost art. It's a joy to write for someone who makes that kind of effort to get into the skin of what he's doing.

As for Rico, he just has the type of brain that really attacks a story in terms of what's interesting and compelling. I love working with him, especially as a writer. It's just invaluable to have a colorist on board who understands what makes comic books work and isn't putting himself in front of that.

Rodriguez: It's a new challenge, which what I am always looking for. I didn't think it was such a big deal 'til all the buzz about Spider-Gwen started showing up. But I keep that out of my mind in order make the best project I can and treat it as a personal project and not just a paycheck. Bringing Rico with me was an added bonus, because we have an unspoken understanding on the look and feel of the project. If you'd enjoyed his "FBP" work, then this issue will blow you away .

Renzi: Jason and Robbi are like family to me, and Nick Lowe giving us so much freedom to put our spin on some beloved Marvel characters has been a blast.

EXCLUSIVE ART: Latour, Rodriguez and Renzi are all game to return for more adventures starring Gwen, should reader demand call for it

"Spider-Verse" is essentially a war story, so there's no guarantee Gwen Stacy will survive. But if she does, would you be interested in telling more stories with her?

Renzi: Of course! I'd love to do more Gwen stories with Jason and Robbi!

Latour: Absolutely. I'm not involved in the grander strokes of "Spider-Verse," so I don't know what the big plans are, but I do know she'll be making a couple of appearances in Dennis Hopeless' new "Spider-Woman" book, and I'm thrilled by that. Dennis is going to do fun things with her. If she's around after all the dust clears, and everyone seems to want it, I think there's probably more that could be said. So long as it's natural and in keeping with the tone we're trying to establish.

Rodriguez: I think we all would, deep down. I think we all have a bit more to say with her, but I guess that's really up to the readers to make this issue a hit, and the powers that be. I hope we gave the reading audience a Spider-Woman that's more than just background filler, or just a character whose sole existence was to fill in a copyright hole.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Preview: Amazing Spider-Man #1.4 - OUT August 27th, 2014

• Witness another secret chapter from the first days of Spider-Man!

• What started off as fun-and-games for new villain Clash turns deadly serious.

• As if that weren't enough, a classic Spider-Man villain joins in on the fun!

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMLTC2014004-DC11-16232.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMLTC2014004-DC31-fbbd5.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMLTC2014004-int3-1-d31a5.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMLTC2014004-int3-2-e640d.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMLTC2014004-int3-3-a32fd.jpg

---

http://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMLTC2014004-int3-2-e640d.jpghttp://www.comicbookresources.com/imgsrv/preview/0/0/1/ASMLTC2014004-int3-3-a32fd.jpg

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Well I belatedly read issue 5 of ASM last night....its starting to finally get somewhere..just need to some actual spidey action now....I know I am in a minority here but I also love Ramos' art in this comic.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@8008s said:

@angelalfonso: and MJ leads a band :O though they could do with a less self-centered name

HA!
Nice.

@bezza said:

Well I belatedly read issue 5 of ASM last night....its starting to finally get somewhere..just need to some actual spidey action now....I know I am in a minority here but I also love Ramos' art in this comic.

You really don't see the holes in the story and the awful writing?!.....i seriously ask.
Ramos' art is indeed cool,though.

Preview: Edge of Spider-Verse #2 (Unlettered) - OUT September 17th, 2014

GWEN STACY: SPIDER-WOMAN!

• In one universe, it wasn’t Peter Parker bitten by the radioactive Spider, but Gwen Stacy!

• She’s smart, charming and can lift a car-- Just don’t tell her Police Chief father!

• How is she involved in Spider-Verse? Seeds of AMAZING SPIDER-MAN #9 are planted here!

---

---

---

---

---

Hope they kill her,like the rest of the silly Spider-People.

camstevens80

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@zarius:

I'm not even sure how to respond to your post... not in any positive way at all. Your post shows you as arrogant and ignorant. To assume that people who like something that you don't are phenomenally stupid or have no taste is the pinnacle of arrogance. Also, it shows your ignorance to call something subjective like taste objective. Just because you throw the word out there to give credibility to your opinion doesn't mean anything. You don't get to change the definition of a word to fit your whims. Honestly, your post shows you to be a small, smug, unhappy person who is probably cynical and negative towards most things. People like you who arrogantly claim to know "objectively" what is best in the way of art and entertainment and consider everyone who likes what you don't as arrogant are actually so scared of being outcast that you childishly lash out mocking everyone else's likes. Enjoy your life of loneliness and shallowness.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/134/247/original/Edge_of_Spider-Verse_2_Land_Variant.jpg

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@animehunter: Greg Land..... ....it's good that she's not smiling. :P

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8393  Edited By PunyParker
angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#8394  Edited By angelalfonso

@punyparker:

how could you say that about Gwen?

Any way i wonder if Peter that made the crazy spider- exoskeleton to stop evil Flash will be part of spider verse or maybe he has already been killed by Morlum

i totally agree that most spider women have awful outfits.

Bezza

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@punyparker:

Well its a tad on the corny side, but I took Issues 1 to 4 on holiday and felt they read better when read together.

At the end of the day its all about opinions. You hate it, I quite enjoy my monthly ASM read. As I have said before I don't mind being in a minority on this one.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

i totally agree that most spider women have awful outfits.

Oh yeah.
Well,Jess's suit is nice.

@punyparker:

how could you say that about Gwen?

Although i hate Gwen's guts,this time, i was messing with Greg Land's art.

@bezza said:

@punyparker:

Well its a tad on the corny side, but I took Issues 1 to 4 on holiday and felt they read better when read together.

At the end of the day its all about opinions. You hate it, I quite enjoy my monthly ASM read. As I have said before I don't mind being in a minority on this one.

I keep forgetting you havent experienced other Spider-Man eras of the past 15-20 years,so you're forgiven.

inkBot

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spider-Gwen's suit, I kinda dig it. Although the mask when not worn looks very much like... something other than a Spider-suit mask. Just saying.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@inkbot said:

Although the mask when not worn looks very much like... something other than a Spider-suit mask. Just saying.

A napkin with red stains?......

Avatar image for kovandeontaemiller
KovanDeontaeMiller

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

No Caption Provided

Bendis posted this preview of MM: Ultimate Spider-Man #5 on his tumbler.

animehunter

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN Teams Up with Multiversal Spideys in #33 First Look - OUT September 17th, 2014

Superior Spider-Man isn't only back, he's leading a team of spiders from across the multiverse! Check out this exclusive first look as Otto tries to show why he's superior!

SUPERIOR SPIDER-MAN #33

CHRISTOS N. GAGE & DAN SLOTT (W)

GIUSEPPE CAMUNCOLI (A/C)

VAriant cover by Mike Del mundo

EDGE OF SPIDER-VERSE

• The Superior Spider-Man takes the fight to Karn, the man working his way through the multiverse, leaving a trail of dead spiders in his wake, but finds himself hopefully over-powered.

• Can Sup’ Spidey find enough allies to make a dent in Karn?

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/134/277/original/Superior-Spider-Man-33-00.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/134/278/original/Superior-Spider-Man-33-03s.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/134/279/original/Superior-Spider-Man-33-05v2.jpg

---

http://i.newsarama.com/images/i/000/134/280/original/Superior-Spider-Man-33-10.jpg