I hope not, since he is not a mutant...

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 0

User Lists: 0

I hope not, since he is not a mutant...

Though I'm not sure I'd like the idea or not, being or not being a mutant shouldn't really matter when it comes to teaching kids to use their powers. I mean it's not like they have to same powers even if they were all mutants. Plus having a non mutant teach mutant students could be pretty interesting.

_Atomikill_

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 1

@feartheliving: Well, it is a school for mutants. Even though it is still learning to use powers, there is a bit of a special connection between adult mutants and younger mutants that Spidey can't replicate, because he hasn't had that experience.

kgb725

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_: Spidey has went through a lot of what the young mutants have. And he did help Hope Summers

FearTheLiving

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@_atomikill_: I get what you're saying but mutants in general are vastly different and deal with different things sure they all share the x gene, but some mutants generally will be better or worse off from the start. I just think it'd be interesting to have a teacher at the school who isn't a mutant considering they are all about living with humans but never seem to actually attempt to let them into their home and interact with each other.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

@_atomikill_:

I disagree. I've seen some non-mutant members have a connection to mutant students. I'd also argue Spidey has gone through the things most mutants went through. Mainly the hate and distrust.

Avatar image for v_scarlotte_rose
V_Scarlotte_Rose

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 3

User Lists: 2

This seems like an odd decision. I'm not an X-Men reader, but I think if I was, I'd rather see other mutants/X-Men stepping up to have a go at teaching.

PunyParker

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 45

User Lists: 15

Well,he kicked their ass multiple times throughout history,so he could teach them a thing or two.......

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Spidey is a good match with the Xmen more than I can say the fantastic four or avengers.

Avatar image for deactivated-5a162dd41dd64
deactivated-5a162dd41dd64

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 100

User Lists: 6

That's just insulting. There are so many characters that would make more sense as headmaster, and Wolverine picks Spider-man?

Anjales_II

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 6

User Lists: 1

They kinds did something similar when Spidey worked as a teacher for the Avengers Academy. It was actually a pretty fun and touching story.

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares:

well.... I think that from all the people that Logan knows, i think Peter is the only one to actually have a teaching licence.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@angelalfonso: He's not asking him to become a teacher, he's asking him to become a headmaster.

Plus, it's not like lacking a teaching license has kept Wolverine from making people teachers in the past.

Jimishim12

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

That's just insulting. There are so many characters that would make more sense as headmaster, and Wolverine picks Spider-man?

Spidey is Logan's best friend basically the most trusted superhero in the Marvel Universe with only Cap America rivaling him. I don't see anyone else In Logan's eyes that he would vouch for even when Spidey killed a villain.

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@squares said:

Spidey is Logan's best friend basically the most trusted superhero in the Marvel Universe with only Cap America rivaling him. I don't see anyone else In Logan's eyes that he would vouch for even when Spidey killed a villain.

I fail to see your point.

rajabuta

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

I can see him being a guest teacher to drop in once in a while to teach stuff.

but headmaster? I think he already has a dayjob

angelalfonso

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

@jimishim12: Peter is not Logan's best friend but he is one of the few he actually trusts.

and as i said before, he is the only real teacher he knows

Webhead_99

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#20  Edited By Webhead_99

The reason for all of this, if it indeed happens, is clearly $$$.

On the other hand, if well-handled, it could be interesting. Being a teacher and being a headmaster isn't the same thing, true -but Peter has that thing where he feels he owes to dead people to honor their legacy, so a short-lived effort in that role would be nice to read about.

darthfury78

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

It would be cool to see Peter working alongside Psylocke, Cyclops, and Kitty Pyde. But I would love to see a close friendship develop between Peter Parker x Betsy Braddock.

Avatar image for master_of_suprise
MASTER_OF_SUPRISE

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

Reviews: 31

It could work for an arc.

Spideysense44

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

User Lists: 8

#23  Edited By Spideysense44

@8008s said:

The reason for all of this, if it indeed happens, is clearly $$$.

On the other hand, if well-handled, it could be interesting. Being a teacher and being a headmaster isn't the same thing, true -but Peter has that thing where he feels he owes to dead people to honor their legacy, so a short-lived effort in that role would be nice to read about.

muhabba

Forum Posts

Wiki Points

Followers

#24  Edited By muhabba

This is the most interesting news for Spidey since OneMoreBrandNewMomentInTime. I would actually pick this Spidey story up.